Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,272 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Windows 8: The Thread - Computers (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 8: The Thread (31448 Views)

Poll: Would you upgrade when windows 8 is available??

Yes: 100% (1 vote)
No: 0% (0 votes)
Maybe: 0% (0 votes)
I don't know: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

How To Install Windows 8.1 In a System / Which Antivirus Is Best For Windows 8 / Windows 8 Computers To Go On Sale In October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Ifebazz(m): 6:43pm On Jan 16, 2013
It isn't easy! grin But I came(installed Windows 8 cool, I saw(activated) & I conquered(enabled .net framework 3.5). After all the hassles, so I can confirm to ya'll Windows 8 ain't processor sensitive. Q.E.D. cool Piece of cake with my AMD. Thanks @moonraker et al for your assistance.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Ifebazz(m): 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2013
Hey dudes please how do I delete the old Windows "Windows.old" folder cum files, its occupying space for no just cause. Plus how effective is Windows Defender as antivirus?
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ifebazz: Hey dudes please how do I delete the old Windows "Windows.old" folder cum files, its occupying space for no just cause. Plus how effective is Windows Defender as antivirus?
You can do that by following instructions on this link : http://all4naija..com/2012/08/how-to-remove-windowsold-folder-from.html . You can also do this if you find the previous process slow by visiting this link: http://all4naija..com/2012/10/how-to-remove-files-and-folders-which.html

Windows defender is very effective as long as you update it.

Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2013
So I managed to rectify the AMD problem. Turned out it was a driver issue, and I only just had to download...oh...about 200MB-worth of graphics drivers. Shame on you, AMD!
Anyhoo, LSS, the guys can now enjoy my Prometheus in full 1080p.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Ifebazz(m): 8:01am On Jan 17, 2013
I just observed that my track "line" (that part of the laptop mouse used for scrolling like track bal of mice) on my pc is no longer working angry,could it be incompatible with Windows 8? Any ways around it?
@all4naija thanks, it really helped.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 8:11am On Jan 17, 2013
Ifebazz: I just observed that my track "line" (that part of the laptop mouse used for scrolling like track bal of mice) on my pc is no longer working angry,could it be incompatible with Windows 8? Any ways around it?

Your lappy is HP right??
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by phiszo(m): 2:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ifebazz: I just observed that my track "line" (that part of the laptop mouse used for scrolling like track bal of mice) on my pc is no longer working angry,could it be incompatible with Windows 8? Any ways around it?
go to windows update and install any update related to the mouse. It worked 4 me.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ran into a little hitch last nite and when all efforts to resolve it proved furtile, I re-installed Windows 8 Enterprise.

Downloaded the KMSNano 9 activator by Murphy78 recommended by SimonAndal from PirateBay thinking it was a full activator but on using it, my windows was activated for a time-limited period of 180 days (6 months) ONLY.

So I went to my warez forum, obtained a working MAK Key, put a call through to Microsoft via skpe and I was activated in a jiffy wink.

@ SimonAndal, that your windows 8 pro activation go expire by June o. . . .better activate it permanently now tongue
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
I know, I'll just re-activate it when it does.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Ifebazz(m): 6:38pm On Jan 17, 2013
@moonraker yeah, Compaq.
@phiszo I'll do just that.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 12:22am On Jan 18, 2013
Ifebazz: @moonraker yeah, Compaq.
@phiszo I'll do just that.

Better still, Install this driver. You will thank me cheesy

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59085.exe
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by topsco(m): 3:00pm On Jan 19, 2013
Enjoy my dual booted windows 7 and windows 8 pro with wmc.
I cant let go of wins 7 and at d same time like the booting speed of wins 8.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 22, 2013
d
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 7:55am On Jan 22, 2013
oyibomoses: Please am having issue with my window 8 pro, i can no longer access Change PC Setting in Setting, and my desktop on start menu is no more showing, please i need a guru on this urgently thanks.

Your windows 8 is not activated... You need to activate with a GENUINE KEY!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by lanreecom(m): 12:27am On Jan 24, 2013
olawalebabs: as for me, window vista is far better than window 7, recently, i try installing TV card on window 7 but it can't work on it i have to use vista to get through. Window 7 is more of graphic and nothing more.

GBAM! CONFIRM!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Hotdiamond(m): 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
my First experience with this New ui. I got very confused. Now 'm getting used to it. Its So smooth. I'm lovin it. I'll be complete When i get my windows phone 8
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2013
f
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 27, 2013
oyibomoses: I have activated it now the sound is not working, i can no longer play sound from my laptop again ever since i install the window 8 please i need help
Try to do that through Device Management . Visit this link: From Step 5 - 8 will help you on how to find your device driver and install it
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 2:33am On Jan 27, 2013
Been a while since i updated this thread.

So its start with new discoveries!!!

So Office 2013 officially went on sale on January 24th. I downloaded my as a free upgrade.

I noticed that if i sign in using my microsoft account in office 2013, i automatically become

activated without needing a serial number. Interesting if you ask me
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Hotdiamond(m): 10:41am On Jan 27, 2013
moonraker: Been a while since i updated this thread.

So its start with new discoveries!!!

So Office 2013 officially went on sale on January 24th. I downloaded my as a free upgrade.

I noticed that if i sign in using my microsoft account in office 2013, i automatically become

activated without needing a serial number. Interesting if you ask me
So widows 8 users need not pay for the office 2013.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 11:55am On Jan 27, 2013
Hotdiamond: So widows 8 users need not pay for the office 2013.

Thats not worth i ment. However if you bought office 2010 btw august and now, you get a free upgrade to office 2013.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
moonraker:

Thats not worth i ment. However if you bought office 2010 btw august and now, you get a free upgrade to office 2013.
That is not such a great idea if it is not going to be a permanent thing. I would rather purchase the Office 20013 than upgrade 2010. That means when I do a new installation I have to upgrade. Is the upgrade continuously going to be upgraded any time you want?
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 3:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
all4naija: That is not such a great idea if it is not going to be a permanent thing. I would rather purchase the Office 20013 than upgrade 2010. That means when I do a new installation I have to upgrade. Is the upgrade continuously going to be upgraded any time you want?

Ok let me clear the air on this. When you get the free upgrade. U get a serial number along with it. Once u sign in into office2013 with ur serial number, the information gets store on MS servers. So even if u reinstalled ur system, u will be automtically activated once you sign in. Catch 22 here is that u can only use the key on one computer at a time.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by Bossman25(m): 11:37am On Jan 28, 2013
When ur laptop doesnt originally come with windows 8, but u installed it all the same, how do u drive your system with windows 8?
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2013
I don download, install and dey use office 2013 since last year nah. . .na hin una talk sey just come out grin
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by DAvIt0(m): 4:58pm On Jan 28, 2013
Guys please got a modem problem with my OEM windows 8 (compaq cq58) when i connect a modem to the system this is what i get the BSOD
IMAGE BELOW

Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 5:16pm On Jan 28, 2013
semid4lyfe: I don download, install and dey use office 2013 since last year nah. . .na hin una talk sey just come out grin

erm yes but through other channels not micrsoft. they started selling it officially of recent.

Now what if i told you that there is a way of activating office 2013 permanently without those KMS Bullshit!!!
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 5:17pm On Jan 28, 2013
DAvIt0: Guys please got a modem problem with my OEM windows 8 (compaq cq58) when i connect a modem to the system this is what i get the BSOD
IMAGE BELOW

Cannot see whats written...
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by ciphoenix: 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2013
@moonraker i've a question, just got this new laptop, windows 8. how do i about activating the office 2013, i mean, unpaid activation wink
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by moonraker(m): 12:32am On Jan 29, 2013
ciphoenix: @moonraker i've a question, just got this new laptop, windows 8. how do i about activating the office 2013, i mean, unpaid activation wink

Congrats on your new HP Envy 15. Unpaid Activation you say? cheesy

Well there are two ways

Activate via KMS or a MAK KEY.
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by ciphoenix: 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
Re: Windows 8: The Thread by ciphoenix: 12:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Pros and Cons of both. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Things To Consider Before Buying Laptop / How To Speedup Internet With Top 10 Public DNS Servers / Simple Server: MTN Simple Server Download for Android & Code, Cheat for PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.