Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Derren Brown's Miracle For Sale - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Derren Brown's Miracle For Sale (1103 Views)

Download EACH DAY Devotional Free On Okadabooks / Stories : God's Miracle For A Girl In Congo / Miracle For Men Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Derren Brown's Miracle For Sale by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 05, 2011
Has anyone one watched Derren Brown's Miracle for Sale?

I'm slowly getting to that point where this Jesus Christ gospel has either been hijacked or it was a big deception in the first place
Re: Derren Brown's Miracle For Sale by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 05, 2011
The deception I refer to is prosperity message, not the gospel of Jesus Christ

For those who haven't seen it, I'm uploading it now. Will post the link soon.
Hope your internet connection is fast enough though. It's about 300Mb smiley
Re: Derren Brown's Miracle For Sale by EarsWide(m): 9:56am On Jun 05, 2011
@muskeeto

The prosperity gospel is a seriously flawed gospel preached sometimes by mistaken but well intentioned people - however the vast majority of the proponents of this gospel are are frauds and charlatans.
Re: Derren Brown's Miracle For Sale by EvilBrain1(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2011
musKeeto:

The deception I refer to is prosperity message, not the gospel of Jesus Christ

Derren Brown's Miracles for Sale was about healing ministers, not prosperity. The prosperity preachers have similar methods and the two areas often overlap but that doesn't mean they are the same. [/nitpick]

Pretty much all pastors who have ever claimed to heal someone supernaturally are frauds. I've said before that there are only 2 types of pastors: those who know they are telling lies (frauds) and those who don't know (fools).

Derren Brown is not the first to show that all the big TV pastor are crooks. There is a mountain of evidence on the internet for anyone genuinely interested in learning the truth. Unfortunately, no amount of proof will ever be enough to convince most people because "having faith" requires you to turn off your brain and abandon reason, rationality and common sense. People love the lie so much and want to stay in their fantasy world. In other words, religion makes people stu.pid. So don't think showing christians this video will convince them of anything.

Someone once said if you make people think they are thinking, they will love you. Actually make them think and they will hate you.
Re: Derren Brown's Miracle For Sale by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2011
Evil Brain:

Derren Brown's Miracles for Sale was about healing ministers, not prosperity. The prosperity preachers have similar methods and the two areas often overlap but that doesn't mean they are the same. [/nitpick]

Indirectly, it was also about prosperity teachers. He mention Kenneth Copeland also, didn't he?
These prosperity teachers are also called Word Of Faith preachers. I'd earlier posted a warning the forerunner of this ministry made when he realised that they had started twisting that which he preached. Is it surprising that BiChop David Oyedepo is apparently competing with this guy in amassing wealth?

(1) (Reply)

Logic Mind Praises The Lord. / Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only? / Which Cult,religion Or Society Can I Join To Change My Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.