Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

The CULTs bondage of Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage doctrine error - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The CULTs bondage of Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage doctrine error (1927 Views)

The Bamiloye Celebrate 27 Years Of Marriage With A Throw Back Pix Of The Wife / The Kingdom Of The Cults - Dr. Walter Martin / The Treachery Of The Cults (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The CULTs bondage of Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage doctrine error by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 05, 2011
Because in some churches if you had previously married while in UNBELIEF, once you become converted ( born again ) you have to return to your first wife.

This is wrong because your actions were done in UNBELIEF.

But the heresy of this doctrine that unbelievers who convert to Jesus must return to their first wives who may even have remarried is a diabolical LIE from hell. This causes chaos and especially affects children and creates a mess. God is not the author of confusion.

Please stop putting people in bondage and adding burdens to them that you yourself will not bear.

NOTE : This ONLY applies to UNBELIEVERS and not Christians.

Christians are not permitted to willy nilly marry and remarry.
Re: The CULTs bondage of Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage doctrine error by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2011
any comments here.
Re: The CULTs bondage of Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage doctrine error by Image123(m): 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2011
Any scriptures here?
Re: The CULTs bondage of Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage doctrine error by PastorAIO: 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2011
I'm not sure. It depends on what we understand by marriage. Is marriage something that can only be done within christianity? Or is marriage a spiritual bond between two people that gets effected during the act of sex. All the ceremonial and ritual is of no effect if the marriage is not actually consummated. And there is what is called common law wife. That is a recognition that if two live together as if married then an actual marriage has occurred though no social ritual has taken place.

It very much depends on our understanding of what the act of Sex is.
Re: The CULTs bondage of Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage doctrine error by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2011
Hmm, not quite sure you get my point.

In some churches for example, if you remarried prior to becoming born again, as soon as you have converted, you have to restitute and go back to your first wife and probably ask the second wife you married [b]while in unbelief [/b]to go back to her first husband who also may have remarried and even not want her back.

Now this gets even messier when children are involved.

I personally think that this is a burden upon the souls of newly converted Christians and that the strict marriage doctrine is only applicable to believers who divorce or remarry after knowing Christ.
Re: The CULTs bondage of Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage doctrine error by PastorAIO: 6:53pm On Jun 06, 2011
What if you are the 2nd husband of your first wife? You have to go back to her but she has to go back to her first husband. grin

I know what you mean about messy, and I don't think that churches should force people to go back to their prior partners.
Re: The CULTs bondage of Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage doctrine error by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2011
exactly, quite funny indeed. wink
Re: The CULTs bondage of Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage doctrine error by dare2think: 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2011
If I may ask, which church/s does this?
Re: The CULTs bondage of Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage doctrine error by Joagbaje(m): 6:04am On Jun 07, 2011
Marriage is marriage, which one is marrying in unbelief. And you should stop labelling churches as cults. As you profess to be part of christ.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Understand By Religion? / Hilarious Sign Post Of A Church In Ghana! / The Unchangeable Changer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.