Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,433 members, 7,781,266 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:28 AM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (614843 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
ewizard1:
Hello room, can i get an Inverter as cheap as N10,000? I just need it for a 45w equipment, Fan and Bulbs. Just need it to keep the machine working till i run the Gen. I was thinking of a UPS before but i think an inverter would be better as i can still achieve more off it.
}
I just need a relatively cheap inverter.

Thanks

UPS is within ur budget but inverter is out.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 4:34am On Aug 19, 2015
ewizard1:

Hello Spinola... do you have a link of the bolded Inverter. And how good is it?

Hi Ewizard1----

konga.com/portable-1000watts-power-inverter-1687787

It is a solid 1000 watts Power Inverter for under N10,000. I use it to power my office and does exactly what I need it to do. It has overload, short circuit, overheating and other protection functions e.g a low battery alarm and automatic shut down to prevent over-discharging. This cheap power Inverter has been an eye opener for me, it is amazing what one can do with these little things, you do not have to spend crazy money to enjoy the benefits of Inverter technology.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ochugboju(m): 7:12am On Aug 19, 2015
jay4genius:
hello guys, am new on this thread. Please help me suggest a good and durable inverter that can comfortably carry 3 fans, 3 white bulbs (those energy saving ones), and a 32 inches flat screen tv. Please also drop the prices if possible. We usualy have at least 2hrs of nepa light everyday and i also hav a medium sized generators
You can use a 1 KVA Inverter for your needs. I have one for N19,500 and it is a 12 volts system. you may contact me on 07066669834 for more info.

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Ochugboju(m): 7:30am On Aug 19, 2015
adanny01:

UPS is within ur budget but inverter is out.
Yes you can get an Inverter within that amount. This one is a car Inverter that also has provision for use indoors. It has no inbuilt battery charger and it uses 12 volts input to function. Its rated power output is 1000 Watts. You can get it for N8,500. Call 07066669834 if you need it.

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ewizard1: 9:14am On Aug 19, 2015
Ochugboju:
Yes you can get an Inverter within that amount. This one is a car Inverter that also has provision for use indoors. It has no inbuilt battery charger and it uses 12 volts input to function. Its rated power output is 1000 Watts. You can get it for N8,500. Call 07066669834 if you need it.
Can it power indoor appliances like TVset, Fans etc & Desktop Computers.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by bobojoshua(m): 10:56am On Aug 19, 2015
spinola:

Hi Ewizard1----

konga.com/portable-1000watts-power-inverter-1687787

It is a solid 1000 watts Power Inverter for under N10,000. I use it to power my office and does exactly what I need it to do. It has overload, short circuit, overheating and other protection functions e.g a low battery alarm and automatic shut down to prevent over-discharging. This cheap power Inverter has been an eye opener for me, it is amazing what one can do with these little things, you do not have to spend crazy money to enjoy the benefits of Inverter technology.

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
Ochugboju:

Is a car inverter same as home inverter?

You advise him to buy a car inverter which uses a charged battery from the car charging system? How is he going to charge his battery at home? Will his budget remain in N10,000 range?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
ewizard1:

Can it power indoor appliances like TVset, Fans etc & Desktop Computers.

Sure it can. Its 1000w abi?

Do not be decieved. An inverter for use at home must be able to convert DC-AC and AC-DC. What was posted above can do half of that, that is DC-AC but cant do AC-DC. That means you cant charge your batteries except you buy a charger, thats where it can be said to be penny wise pound foolish. Moreso, if you have to buy a separate charger, your inverter system becomes a manual one which will entail you manually switch your supply during power failures by connecting and discconnecting wires. You will have to do that your self and your system has to restart after doing your manual connections. With a complete inverter you dont have to move from your seat when there is power loss or gain from PHCN. Another downside is that when you continue playing with wires everyday, there are chances that you may mistakenly connect wrong wires or one day some one who does not know your connections while you are away can make the mistake then kabooom your inverter is gone.

Save yourself a lot of stress by going for a complete inverter which starts from 20k on Jumia.

Donot forget that your power needs must be calculated and crossed referenced with your budget before you buy anything. I see you mentioned desktop computers which consume alot, lets say 150w. Its also not advisable to go beyond 70% capacity of your inverter. That means you should limit your needs to 700w if you buy a 1000w inverter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2015
adanny01:

Is a car inverter same as home inverter?

You advise him to buy a car inverter which uses a charged battery from the car charging system? How is he going to charge his battery at home? Will his budget remain in N10,000 range?

He can charge his battery using Solar Panels. In Nigeria quality 200 Watts Solar Panels are available for N27,000. You can do a lot even with a 500W Inverter

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2015
spinola:

He can charge his battery using Solar Panels. In Nigeria quality 200 Watts Solar Panels are available for N27,000. You can do a lot even with a 500W Inverter

If i can get the whole of your system as in the pix with the solar panels for a budget of 10k, please and please give me ur contact. Infact, i am willing to be your distributor.

I believe ewizard1 asked if 10k could afford an inverter, the simple answer is a capital NO! Considering that this is an inverter thread which must have a charger for use with solar or PHCN or generator. The only exception is the worked one in which a dead UPS is used with an external battery charger. The battery is yet to be included o cos he didnt mention if he has or not. A 900va back up UPS is even worth 10k or more. What more are we talking about?

Suggesting a solar system in which the panel alone is 27k is somewhat ridiculous for a 10k question.

ewizard1:
Hello room, can i get an Inverter as cheap as N10,000? I just need it for a 45w equipment, Fan and Bulbs. Just need it to keep the machine working till i run the Gen. I was thinking of a UPS before but i think an inverter would be better as i can still achieve more off it.
}
I just need a relatively cheap inverter.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 3:18am On Aug 20, 2015
adanny01:

If i can get the whole of your system as in the pix with the solar panels for a budget of 10k, please and please give me ur contact. Infact, i am willing to be your distributor.

I believe ewizard1 asked if 10k could afford an inverter, the simple answer is a capital NO! Considering that this is an inverter thread which must have a charger for use with solar or PHCN or generator. The only exception is the worked one in which a dead UPS is used with an external battery charger. The battery is yet to be included o cos he didnt mention if he has or not. A 900va back up UPS is even worth 10k or more. What more are we talking about?

Suggesting a solar system in which the panel alone is 27k is somewhat ridiculous for a 10k question.

My only aspiration is to show that even on a low budget, you can still enjoy the benefits of inverter technology. The question was: “Can i get an Inverter as cheap as N10,000?” The answer is absolutely yes. A quality 1000w Inverter will power 45w equipment, Fan and Energy saving Bulbs without any issues. I know this because I am using a 1000w power inverter to power my office, which consist of: one flat screen TV, one Laptop, one Printer, two Lontor rechargeable fans and 6 Energy saving Bulbs. The disadvantage, however of using the above Inverter is that it does not have an inbuilt charger, this is why in my opinion the best value for money Inverter is the Mercury 2.4 Inverter which cost N27,000 and comes with in built charger. If anyone knows of a good Inverter with in-built charger that is the same price or less, please share so the community can benefit.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 5:05am On Aug 20, 2015
spinola:

My only aspiration is to show that even on a low budget, you can still enjoy the benefits of inverter technology. The question was: “Can i get an Inverter as cheap as N10,000?” The answer is absolutely yes. A quality 1000w Inverter will power 45w equipment, Fan and Energy saving Bulbs without any issues. I know this because I am using a 1000w power inverter to power my office, which consist of: one flat screen TV, one Laptop, one Printer, two Lontor rechargeable fans and 6 Energy saving Bulbs. The disadvantage, however of using the above Inverter is that it does not have an inbuilt charger, this is why in my opinion the best value for money Inverter is the Mercury 2.4 Inverter which cost N27,000 and comes with in built charger. If anyone knows of a good Inverter with in-built charger that is the same price or less, please share so the community can benefit.

The inverter you have recommended has no charger, of what use will it be to be used at home or office since obviously his use is not in the car? It is not just a disadvantage to not have a charger, it is impracticable. His budget should therefore start from 20k.

Just some post above ours (page 30) is a post of mine that i shared with pictures where i managed to get an inverter of 1.2kva 12v which cost 20k but with some 2.5k discount it went for N18,315 including N815 delivery charge. If i were in Lag it would have been 17.5k. The one you posted is a 24v inverter that will require minimum of 2 batteries which is extra cost.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ewizard1: 10:30am On Aug 20, 2015
adanny01:

Sure it can. Its 1000w abi?

Do not be decieved. An inverter for use at home must be able to convert DC-AC and AC-DC. What was posted above can do half of that, that is DC-AC but cant do AC-DC. That means you cant charge your batteries except you buy a charger, thats where it can be said to be penny wise pound foolish. Moreso, if you have to buy a separate charger, your inverter system becomes a manual one which will entail you manually switch your supply during power failures by connecting and discconnecting wires. You will have to do that your self and your system has to restart after doing your manual connections. With a complete inverter you dont have to move from your seat when there is power loss or gain from PHCN. Another downside is that when you continue playing with wires everyday, there are chances that you may mistakenly connect wrong wires or one day some one who does not know your connections while you are away can make the mistake then kabooom your inverter is gone.

Save yourself a lot of stress by going for a complete inverter which starts from 20k on Jumia.

Donot forget that your power needs must be calculated and crossed referenced with your budget before you buy anything. I see you mentioned desktop computers which consume alot, lets say 150w. Its also not advisable to go beyond 70% capacity of your inverter. That means you should limit your needs to 700w if you buy a 1000w inverter.

Thanks Adany01, i actually asked that question cos the said inverter doesnt look like ones i've seen. And the name "Car Battery Inverter" already called for questions about being used indoor.

The thing actually is... My main reason of getting an inverter is because of a 45w appliance i have that i need to keep on incase of lightout. Yeah, i know a couple of UPS can do that for me. But wouldn't it be nice if i was watching an interesting program on the TV and NEPA does their thing and i can continue with my Appliance working and as well enjoying my program. That was y i actually wanted an inverter instead of a UPS.

Please... Whats the least i could get a REAL INVERTER for.

Thanks House.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kastroveli: 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2015
one important thing you will not be told about installing an inverter in your home or office

if you are using a prepaid meter in your home or office where it is installed you are in for in, your credit will rundown so so quickly

thats one very big disadvantage
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
adanny01:

The inverter you have recommended has no charger, of what use will it be to be used at home or office since obviously his use is not in the car? It is not just a disadvantage to not have a charger, it is impracticable. His budget should therefore start from 20k.

Just some post above ours (page 30) is a post of mine that i shared with pictures where i managed to get an inverter of 1.2kva 12v which cost 20k but with some 2.5k discount it went for N18,315 including N815 delivery charge. If i were in Lag it would have been 17.5k. The one you posted is a 24v inverter that will require minimum of 2 batteries which is extra cost.

“Do not be deceived” Who is deceiving who? “thats where it can be said to be penny wise pound foolish” Who is being penny wise pound foolish ?
I stated from the onset that the 1000w Inverter did not have an in-built charger. I was never trying to compare an Inverter which cost under N10,000, to one that cost twice as much and has a built in charger, you are however making a number of assumptions which are incorrect. Gen and NEPA is not the most economical way to charge a battery. It is possible to buy an Inverter under N10, OOO (low budget solution) add batteries and Solar panels and go completely off Grid and to hell with NEPA/Gen. I am not advising anyone to do this, I am just saying that it is possible. It is up to the individual to consider what he wants to power and how much he wants to pay. You add up your NEPA and Gen bill for the year do the math’s and tell me who is being penny wise pound foolish. You cannot compare a Toyota Camry to a Range Rove!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
spinola:

“Do not be deceived” Who is deceiving who? “thats where it can be said to be penny wise pound foolish” Who is being penny wise pound foolish ?
I stated from the onset that the 1000w Inverter did not have an in-built charger. I was never trying to compare an Inverter which cost under N10,000, to one that cost twice as much and has a built in charger, you are however making a number of assumptions which are incorrect. Gen and NEPA is not the most economical way to charge a battery. It is possible to buy an Inverter under N10, OOO (low budget solution) add batteries and Solar panels and go completely off Grid and to hell with NEPA/Gen. I am not advising anyone to do this, I am just saying that it is possible. It is up to the individual to consider what he wants to power and how much he wants to pay. You add up your NEPA and Gen bill for the year do the math’s and tell me who is being penny wise pound foolish. You cannot compare a Toyota Camry to a Range Rove!

There is no need to get all personal. A simple question was asked though incomplete. Can he get an inverter for less than 10k. You know that there is one but as knowledgeable as you are, you suggested mercury 2.4kva with 2 100ah which is well above his budget. Fine. He needs it for a 45w equipment. Mercury has a 1.2kva with 1 100ah that will satisfy his need but you didnt suggest that as a cheaper option. Yet again you suggested a 1000w car inverter which will require he buys an external charge yet again above his budget.

A simple answer is, "No, you cant get a complete inverter for 10k". Then you suggest what you can within your knowledge. Suggesting a car inverter without telling him the pros and cons is misleading. Supposing he took your second advice and went ahead to buy it only to realise its just the begining, would you say sorry. It is better to be safe than sorry.

I know you are a business man and have no much time to type. My post wasnt a personality attack but to put our friend in the light. I know you have no intention to decieve but your details are not clear to someone may not know.

Lastly, wind, Solar, Nepa and Gen are 4 ways to charge a battery. The choice for an individual is not yours to decide but yours to advice especially in relation to budget. I have a 1.2kva with 1 200ah battery that serves me well. I owned it for more than 3 wks now and i hit low battery once during a 3days Nepa blackout. 2 hrs of gen got me more that 6hrs of tv. The whole of my 2bedroom flat is connected to it except all the sockets were heavy loads are. My area doesnt have prepaid meters, do you think Nepa cares if i invest in solar? My bill remains same. In my situation and if i cant afford solar, must i buy it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 6:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
spinola:

Impressive and very clean work. Why did you need the shunt on such a small system? What measurements are you getting from it?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by durodee(m): 11:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
chris81964:

Impressive and very clean work. Why did you need the shunt on such a small system? What measurements are you getting from it?
Though I might be wrong, that setup looks like a 110V (AC ) system to me with all the flat end two pin plugs i am seeing. Very probably ts foreign!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ewizard1: 11:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
adanny01:

?
Thanks Adanny... Seems you're the only one who understand my present situation.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 4:59am On Aug 21, 2015
chris81964:

Thanks but I cannot take credit for it, I only posted it as an example of what is possible on a budget. If you have questions about the setup you can contact the author via the following link:

youtube.com/watch?v=9gnODiZqrVU
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 5:02am On Aug 21, 2015
durodee:

Though I might be wrong, that setup looks like a 110V (AC ) system to me with all the flat end two pin plugs i am seeing. Very probably ts foreign!

You are correct it is foreign (PHILIPPINES)
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 7:35am On Aug 21, 2015
adanny01:

There is no need to get all personal. A simple question was asked though incomplete. Can he get an inverter for less than 10k. You know that there is one but as knowledgeable as you are, you suggested mercury 2.4kva with 2 100ah which is well above his budget. Fine. He needs it for a 45w equipment. Mercury has a 1.2kva with 1 100ah that will satisfy his need but you didnt suggest that as a cheaper option. Yet again you suggested a 1000w car inverter which will require he buys an external charge yet again above his budget.

A simple answer is, "No, you cant get a complete inverter for 10k". Then you suggest what you can within your knowledge. Suggesting a car inverter without telling him the pros and cons is misleading. Supposing he took your second advice and went ahead to buy it only to realise its just the begining, would you say sorry. It is better to be safe than sorry.

I know you are a business man and have no much time to type. My post wasnt a personality attack but to put our friend in the light. I know you have no intention to decieve but your details are not clear to someone may not know.

Lastly, wind, Solar, Nepa and Gen are 4 ways to charge a battery. The choice for an individual is not yours to decide but yours to advice especially in relation to budget. I have a 1.2kva with 1 200ah battery that serves me well. I owned it for more than 3 wks now and i hit low battery once during a 3days Nepa blackout. 2 hrs of gen got me more that 6hrs of tv. The whole of my 2bedroom flat is connected to it except all the sockets were heavy loads are. My area doesnt have prepaid meters, do you think Nepa cares if i invest in solar? My bill remains same. In my situation and if i cant afford solar, must i buy it?

You have made some very good points. I was just feeling like my innocent post about a N10,000 Inverter was taken out of context. For examples of what I was trying to elucidate you can view the following links:

learn.eartheasy.com/2012/07/our-simple-diy-home-solar-power-system/

youtube.com/watch?v=9gnODiZqrVU

I recommend the Mercury 2.4 Inverter, because I am personally using it at home and I consider it to be one of the best investments I have ever made. It is an absolute bargain and amazing value for money.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by izuagbe(m): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2015
We buy all kinds of dead batteries for inverters,solar power, telecom mast, ATM, truck, trailers etc. Call 08030978357,08082118380
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
I wish to get an inverter that can power a ceiling fan, 2energy saving bulb, a 32inch LG plasma tv, a home theatre system... and a laptop..... how much should I budget and how can I get it... posting from nasarawa state.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by toblosky(m): 7:06am On Aug 22, 2015
meetmonde:
I wish to get an inverter that can power a ceiling fan, 2energy saving bulb, a 32inch LG plasma tv, a home theatre system... and a laptop..... how much should I budget and how can I get it... posting from nasarawa state.
seconded except i have a 21inch box television grin grin.waiting for answers
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Mishaelonye(m): 9:29am On Aug 22, 2015
Please house I have a mecury inverter It's showing the fault code just this morning. I checked the manual it says "output shorted" could be the fault. It charges the battery but will not give out power if there is no light.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 9:41am On Aug 22, 2015
meetmonde:

There are basically 2 major items: The inverter and the battery. Its hard to get a used inverter in good condition so a new one is the only option. Mercury is the cheapest brand of reliable inverter i know which the lowest starts from 20k. You need a minimum of 100Ah battery to be comfortable which will cost from 35k and above.

There are other sources of cheap used battery such as those used by big companies were they dispose off batteries that have been depleted as little as 10%. You need luck for those which usually last only but a yr. There are also fabricated inverters like the ones based on expanding capacity of a small UPS but may not be efficient.

Mishaelonye:
Please house I have a mecury inverter It's showing the fault code just this morning. I checked the manual it says "output shorted" could be the fault. It charges the battery but will not give out power if there is no light.

In your case, that TV is far from economical. I suggest you get another TV like LED tv before investing on an inverter. You also need to understand that an inverter system is about managing power needs.

In order of high to low power consumption; CRT (your tv) is worst - Plasma - LCD - LED.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Koolwilly(m): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
adanny01:

There are basically 2 major items: The inverter and the battery. Its hard to get a used inverter in good condition so a new one is the only option. Mercury is the cheapest brand of reliable inverter i know which the lowest starts from 20k. You need a minimum of 100Ah battery to be comfortable which will cost from 35k and above.

There are other sources of cheap used battery such as those used by big companies were they dispose off batteries that have been depleted as little as 10%. You need luck for those which usually last only but a yr. There are also fabricated inverters like the ones based on expanding capacity of a small UPS but may not be efficient.

In your case, that TV is far from economical. I suggest you get another TV like LED tv before investing on an inverter. You also need to understand that an inverter system is about managing power needs.

In order of high to low power consumption; CRT (your tv) is worst - Plasma - LCD - LED.
I truely appreciate ur kind response... am I buying them seperately as in buy d inverter den buy d ba3 or deyy come togeda as a pack... pls if u av idea on price and specification lemme know pls... d least price and d highest price inverter/battery dat I can manage in a single room self contain...

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
meetmonde:
I truely appreciate ur kind response... am I buying them seperately as in buy d inverter den buy d ba3 or deyy come togeda as a pack... pls if u av idea on price and specification lemme know pls... d least price and d highest price inverter/battery dat I can manage in a single room self contain...

The 800va - 1200va (1.2kva) 12v inverter will be okay price range is 20-50k. If you dare buy a 24v inverter that means you must buy two 12v batteries or four 6v batteries or twelve 2v batteries. Most batteries come in either 2v, 6v or 12v so a 24v, 36v or 48v inverter will require you join batteries in series to make its dc voltage then another same multiple in parallel to increase Ampere hour (Ah). Stick to a 12v inverter or else your battery expenses will sky rocket.

Battery range for a 100ah 12v or 200ah 12v is 30-80k depending on quality. A high quality 100ah may be more expensive and has longer life span than a low quality 200ah.

3 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
adanny01:

The 800va - 1200va (1.2kva) 12v inverter will be okay price range is 20-50k. If you dare buy a 24v inverter that means you must buy two 12v batteries or four 6v batteries or twelve 2v batteries. Most batteries come in either 2v, 6v or 12v so a 24v, 36v or 48v inverter will require you join batteries in series to make its dc voltage the another same multiple in parallel to increase Ahmp hour (ah). Stick to a 12v inverter or else your battery expenses will sky rocket.

Battery range for a 100ah 12v or 200ah 12v is 30-80k depending on quality. A high quality 100ah may be more expensive and has longer life span than a low quality 200ah.
please message me so I can gett more details please

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (165) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.