Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (621162 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by GreenCashServic: 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2015
chris81964:

Very good questions.
1. You will need panels and a charge controller to accomplish that task. Yes it can be connected
2. Car batteries are designed for cranking amps or sudden short bursts of power. Your application requires batteries that can tolerate a sustained draw. You will damage the car batteries eventually if you use them in this manner.
Good luck
Thanks a lot for ur prompt and educative response. I may have 2 last questions for now. The first being that considering the fact that these batteries are no longer useful to me as I have already given up on them, can they be added to one regular 12 volt battery recommended for the system? Secondly, how much can I get a good charge controller for the solar connection and where?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by GreenCashServic: 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2015
adanny01:

The inverter is designed to charge on Grid or Gen but you will need additional equipment for using solar. I believe you require a solar charge controller.

Thanks a lot ....duly appreciated
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2015
GreenCashServic:

Thanks a lot for ur prompt and educative response. I may have 2 last questions for now. The first being that considering the fact that these batteries are no longer useful to me as I have already given up on them, can they be added to one regular 12 volt battery recommended for the system? Secondly, how much can I get a good charge controller for the solar connection and where?
It was my pleasure.
1. I would not mix and match batteries. If you want to use your car batteries keep them the same.
2. So many people on the forum sell good quality controllers. Spend a bit more now and save on your batteries later.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
chris81964:

If the inverter is a modified sine wave device it might eventually damage the fan. If the fan does not make noise with the grid, I would disconnect it from the inverter.

Fan damage means a burnt coil.

Modified sine wave would not directly burn the fans coil but can do it indirectly depending on other factors.

The real effect of modified sine wave on fan is lack of efficiency or smooth running. It makes noise and in the process producing more heat than it would on pure sine wave. The heat may not be an immediate problem but when fan runs for a long time, risk of oveheating increases. Over heating is what will damage the fan but that will happen after prolong running on modified sine wave. That may take a long time, something like non stop run for 2days.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by GreenCashServic: 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
chris81964:

It was my pleasure.
1. I would not mix and match batteries. If you want to use your car batteries keep them the same.
2. So many people on the forum sell good quality controllers. Spend a bit more now and save on your batteries later.
Thanks boss.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 7:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
chris81964:

It was my pleasure.

I guess you are well learned or experience on these systems.

I wish to ask question as i have limited knowledge.

Assume having a standard inverter that has a charger with batteries installed. If i wish to add a solar charger to the system i know it requires a charge controller. I do understand that the charge controller as well as the inverter must be connected directly to the battery. Both the charge controller and the inverter monitor the battery voltage the charge as appropriate.

My main question is that, is it safe for the battery that 2 chargers oblivious to one another are charging at the same time even though both know the actual level of charge the battery holds.

This is because if the inverter charger is 20A and the charge controller is also 20A and both see that the battery needs charge. The inverter charging at 20A and solar at 20A for a 200AH, isnt that bad. How can this be rectified.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2015
adanny01:

I guess you are well learned or experience on these systems.

I wish to ask question as i have limited knowledge.

Assume having a standard inverter that has a charger with batteries installed. If i wish to add a solar charger to the system i know it requires a charge controller. I do understand that the charge controller as well as the inverter must be connected directly to the battery. Both the charge controller and the inverter monitor the battery voltage the charge as appropriate.

My main question is that, is it safe for the battery that 2 chargers oblivious to one another are charging at the same time even though both know the actual level of charge the battery holds.

This is because if the inverter charger is 20A and the charge controller is also 20A and both see that the battery needs charge. The inverter charging at 20A and solar at 20A for a 200AH, isnt that bad. How can this be rectified.

Thank you for the compliment.

I will answer your question while adding some extra.

1. The AC charger stops charging once the batteries reach a predetermined voltage and it has gone through a programmed routine. Your 20A will take 10 hours to charge your 200 AH battery.
2, The charge controller follows the same routine as the AC charger. It stops charging when the battery is fully charged.
3. Combined they (AC charger and controller) can produce up to 40 amps, charging your 200 AH in 5 hours.

Look at the picture below. The AC charger had fully charged the batteries, the controller was only along for the ride

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
chris81964:

Thank you for the compliment.

I will answer your question while adding some extra.

1. The AC charger stops charging once the batteries reach a predetermined voltage and it has gone through a programmed routine. Your 20A will take 10 hours to charge your 200 AH battery.
2, The charge controller follows the same routine as the AC charger. It stops charging when the battery is fully charged.
3. Combined they (AC charger and controller) can produce up to 40 amps, charging your 200 AH in 5 hours.

Look at the picture below. The AC charger had fully charged the batteries, the controller was only along for the ride

Welcome.

1 more question. Isnt 40A too much for a 200AH or to put in another way , is there a limit of charging current for a particular battery capacity? Example, would a 100A charger be too much for a 100AH battery.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 3:47am On Oct 05, 2015
adanny01:

Welcome.

1 more question. Isnt 40A too much for a 200AH or to put in another way , is there a limit of charging current for a particular battery capacity? Example, would a 100A charger be too much for a 100AH battery.
Your question quota don finish. Now I go begin charge. Read my prior response again and you can guess at the answer.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 5:18am On Oct 05, 2015
chris81964:

Your question quota don finish. Now I go begin charge. Read my prior response again and you can guess at the answer.

Sorry for asking too much.

I went ahead to do further research online, found an AGM battery 12V 200AH which tech specs mentioned recommended maximum charging current limit as 60A.

This answers my question. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2015
adanny01:

Sorry for asking too much.

I went ahead to do further research online, found an AGM battery 12V 200AH which tech specs mentioned recommended maximum charging current limit as 60A.

This answers my question. Thanks so much.
I like that you took the time to answer your own question. No apologies necessary.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 4:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 75k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@65k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

Latest model 10kva servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @55k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings Etc
1kw 12v =50k
1.5kw 12v =60k
2kw 12v =75k
2kw 24v =75k
3kw"4kva" 24v =120k
4kw 24v/48v =140k
5kw 24v/48v =160k
6kw"7.5kva"24/48v=210k
8kw 192v. =350k
10kw 96v. =380k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @4k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is simply rugged compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@95k

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by martinz1: 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
chris81964:

If the inverter is a modified sine wave device it might eventually damage the fan. If the fan does not make noise with the grid, I would disconnect it from the inverter.
not all modified sine wave gives that buzzing sound from fan
most of new modified sine wave inverters are quiet in operation
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by coderXO(m): 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
adanny01:

Any 12V inverter which are usually between 0.8-1.2kva will suit you well. This should be used with one 12V 100ah, 150ah or 200ah.

Hello sir, what battery brand would you recommend?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by coderXO(m): 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
spinola:

He can charge his battery using Solar Panels. In Nigeria quality 200 Watts Solar Panels are available for N27,000. You can do a lot even with a 500W Inverter

Hey what capacity and brand of battery was hooked up to this setup?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
coderXO:

Hello sir, what battery brand would you recommend?

Am just a user so have no experience with various brands.

My only advice is avoid made in china.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by coderXO(m): 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2015
adanny01:

Am just a user so have no experience with various brands.

My only advice is avoid made in china.

which do you personally use that has been good for you.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
coderXO:

which do you personally use that has been good for you.

Mine isnt brand new but NNPC used. Their whole bank is usually auctioned after some months or a yr.

Its Deka Solar photovoltaic batterries and American made. 200Ah 12V gel type the big one in the pix

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hurry While Stock Last !!!

CSUN 280w MONO PANELS "Made in Turkey".. .
VOC: 38.7v
Isc: 9.21a
VMP: 31.5v
Imp: 8.99a

www.csun-solar.com
Limited quantity in stock...60k only

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Robby2367: 10:51am On Oct 12, 2015
i just received my Mercury inverter and I plugged it to power but didn't come on. Do I need to connect the battery before it come?.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2015
Robby2367:
i just received my Mercury inverter and I plugged it to power but didn't come on. Do I need to connect the battery before it come?.

Bros if you are asking that question, I would strongly suggest that you hand over the installation to a professional.
The battery need to be connected for it to work. There are inverters that need PV and or AC power to work. Your Mercury is not that type.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by davidudenna: 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
sleekman:
yeah u can without d AC but u need lots of ba3s. At least 8ba3s. If u want ur ba3s 2 last make sure u stop using ur inverter/ba3s when ur ba3s are low 2 preserve d life span.

I currently use a made in nigeria inverter 1.5KVA and have been using It for 2 Years now and have not repaired or changed anything it I use a 150 amps 12 volt battery... Its so effective...I actually sold my Generator early this year when I needed cash...whenever dere z 230 Volts Nepa Light...it charges for 5 hours and use it for 10-12hrs...
chris81964:

Bros if you are asking that question, I would strongly suggest that you hand over the installation to a professional.
The battery need to be connected for it to work. There are inverters that need PV and or AC power to work. Your Mercury is not that type.
sleekman:
yeah u can without d AC but u need lots of ba3s. At least 8ba3s. If u want ur ba3s 2 last make sure u stop using ur inverter/ba3s when ur ba3s are low 2 preserve d life span.

I currently use a made in nigeria inverter 1.5KVA and have been using It for 2 Years now and have not repaired or changed anything it I use a 150 amps 12 volt battery... Its so effective...I actually sold my Generator early this year when I needed cash...whenever dere z 230 Volts Nepa Light...it charges for 5 hours and use it for 10-12hrs...
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by israelpalatoe(m): 9:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
davidudenna:

please share the picture of your setup
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 10:22pm On Oct 19, 2015
Buy your Inverter online from Mercury Direct for the best deals and peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by jaz(m): 5:10pm On Oct 20, 2015
i am trying to get a 1kva prag inverter and 200ah battery. would need someone to help with installation
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by coderXO(m): 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
Bought a Leoch 100AH battery and 1000w inverter.

Best decision I've made in a while.

In my neighborhood where there is absolutely no power, this purchase has cut my petrol usage by 50%.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 7:00am On Oct 22, 2015
coderXO:
Bought a Leoch 100AH battery and 1000w inverter.

Best decision I've made in a while.

In my neighborhood where there is absolutely no power, this purchase has cut my petrol usage by 50%.
How did you arrive at the decision to purchase 1000 watts and 100 AH? What do you intend to power and for how long?
Congratulations on your purchase.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by coderXO(m): 7:34am On Oct 22, 2015
chris81964:

How did you arrive at the decision to purchase 1000 watts and 100 AH? What do you intend to power and for how long?
Congratulations on your purchase.

For now, I pretty much only need it to charge my laptop, and just watch TV. Never more than 2 hours each time.

Maybe later I might go up to 2.5 or 3.5kva but for now it is not needed.

If anything, I need more AH than Kva.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2015
coderXO:

For now, I pretty much only need it to charge my laptop, and just watch TV. Never more than 2 hours each time.

Maybe later I might go up to 2.5 or 3.5kva but for now it is not needed.

If anything, I need more AH than Kva.

1000 watts is a lot. More than enough to meet refrigeration, lighting,TV and your laptop.
Calculating your battery bank. laptop 60 watts x how many hours. TV 180 watts x how many hours. Total watt hours / 12 volts. That is how many amp hours you use.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by coderXO(m): 11:36am On Oct 22, 2015
chris81964:

1000 watts is a lot. More than enough to meet refrigeration, lighting,TV and your laptop.
Calculating your battery bank. laptop 60 watts x how many hours. TV 180 watts x how many hours. Total watt hours / 12 volts. That is how many amp hours you use.

Yes I know these, however I don't think 1000W can handle the startup surge needed for a refrigerator.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Strongedition: 3:39pm On Oct 22, 2015
What do the experts think about the luminous inverters and batteries? The batteries are kind of slimmer and higher than the once i have been seeing here.

Enjoyed it for just about 3months,then i noticed the charging light was just blinking instead of staying on whenever light was restored. It was no longer charging, the local supplier came around and then sent it to lagos.
I hear the panel needs replacement! Been so so disappointed.

Please Guru's : are LUMINOUS products reliable??

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.