Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (621208 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 9:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
Strongedition:
What do the experts think about the illuminous inverters and batteries? The batteries are kind of slimmer and higher than the once i have been seeing here.

Enjoyed it for just about 3months,then i noticed the charging light was just blinking instead of staying on whenever light was restored. It was no longer charging, the local supplier came around and then sent it to lagos.
I hear the panel needs replacement! Been so so disappointed.

Please Guru's : are ILLUMINOUS products reliable??

Luminous i know, illuminous, never heard of.

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 7:22am On Oct 23, 2015
coderXO:

Yes I know these, however I don't think 1000W can handle the startup surge needed for a refrigerator.
What is the crest or surge factor of your inverter
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by coderXO(m): 11:43am On Oct 23, 2015
chris81964:

What is the crest or surge factor of your inverter

No idea
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Strongedition: 10:48am On Oct 26, 2015
adanny01:

Luminous i know, illuminous, never heard of.

So sorry, LUMINOUS.... was probably thinking of something else.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 75k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@65k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

JOY SOLAR MODULES

POLY SOLAR PANEL:
80W N10000. 100W N13500. 120W N16000. 130W N16500. 160W N23000. 170W N25000. 180W N26000. 250W N30000. 280W N40000.

MONO SOLAR PANEL:
80W N12000. 100W N15000. 110W N15500. 120W N18000. 130W 20000.180W N28000.

Latest model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @50k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...
1kw 12v =50k
1.5kw 12v =60k
2kw 12v =75k
2kw 24v =75k
3kw"4kva" 24v =120k
4kw 24v/48v =140k
5kw 24v/48v =160k
6kw"7.5kva"24/48v=210k
8kw 192v. =350k
10kw 96v. =380k

Must power inverter boards ...@25k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @4k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is simply rugged compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
please gurus in the house,help.We just Inatallwd an Inverter with 2solar panel and two batteris last week.Unfortunately,the back up time doesn't last long ,maximum of 30min.The inverter is a 2.4kva and the batteries,one is 200Ah and the second is 100Ah.These batteries are not even charging with the solar.We have been using gen and phcn to charge them.Even if u charge through out the night,we still get the same result.After calling the istaller for sevwral days,he just came to rectify the solar,that we will still need at least two more solar panel to caarge the batteries.Im already fed up.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 12:41am On Oct 31, 2015
Augustbreak:
please gurus in the house,help.We just Inatallwd an Inverter with 2solar panel and two batteris last week.Unfortunately,the back up time doesn't last long ,maximum of 30min.The inverter is a 2.4kva and the batteries,one is 200Ah and the second is 100Ah.These batteries are not even charging with the solar.We have been using gen and phcn to charge them.Even if u charge through out the night,we still get the same result.After calling the istaller for sevwral days,he just came to rectify the solar,that we will still need at least two more solar panel to caarge the batteries.Im already fed up.

It is generally not a good idea to mix batteries of different sizes, I would recommend that you use either two 100ah OR two 200ah Deep Cycle batteries

With regards to solar panels for two 100ah batteries i would recommend Monocrystalline solar panels totaling 400 watts or more and for 200ah batteries Monocrystalline solar panels totaling 800 watts or more
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by LOZENGE(m): 1:28am On Oct 31, 2015
spinola:

You have made some very good points. I was just feeling like my innocent post about a N10,000 Inverter was taken out of context. For examples of what I was trying to elucidate you can view the following links:

learn.eartheasy.com/2012/07/our-simple-diy-home-solar-power-system/

youtube.com/watch?v=9gnODiZqrVU

I recommend the Mercury 2.4 Inverter, because I am personally using it at home and I consider it to be one of the best investments I have ever made. It is an absolute bargain and amazing value for money.
I bought this 2.4 kva mecury inverter but yet to get a battery, I connected it to a wall socket but there was no sign on its digital display nothing to show that the device is on. Is this normal or could it be the device is faulty. Urgent response is needed as I have just few days option to return this device
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 31, 2015
spinola:

It is generally not a good idea to mix batteries of different sizes, I would recommend that you use either two 100ah OR two 200ah Deep Cycle batteries

With regards to solar panels for two 100ah batteries i would recommend Monocrystalline solar panels totaling 400 watts or more and for 200ah batteries Monocrystalline solar panels totaling 800 watts or more
Thanks.I'll tell the installerto look into it.Thaks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 31, 2015
ask4bk:
I'm zero when it comes to knowing the technicalities and language imvolved in inverters, batteries, solar etc.

I've inverter, 4 batteries, and solar panels (6) installed here in Kano.
I thought the job of the solar is to charge the batteries same way as Nepa would. But for me, it never works. Only charges with gen or nepa.

I thought as long as I've good sunlight then I'm sure of light during the day. But nothing

What could be d problem with the solar-inverter system?

For ur info, I'm in kano. The sun here is similar to the fire in hell.
Were you able to solve your problem?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
LOZENGE:
I bought this 2.4 kva mecury inverter but yet to get a battery, I connected it to a wall socket but there was no sign on its digital display nothing to show that the device is on. Is this normal or could it be the device is faulty. Urgent response is needed as I have just few days option to return this device

Hi Lozenge,

It is normal, the Inverter needs to be connected to two 12v batteries in series inorder to generate the required 24v. You can find the Installation manual which explains all at mercurydirect.com.ng/blogs/mercury-inverters/58851973-mercury-inverter-user-manual you have bought an excellent Inverter which will give you many years of loyal service.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
Augustbreak:
I don't want to rub salt on an open wound. You got exactly what you paid for. You are asking people who you should have paid money for a professional installation to correct a problem someone else created.
1. The battery issue has been addressed
2. What capacity panels do you have. How many watts?
3. What charge controller do you have?
4. What capacity charger does your inverter have?
5. What is your usage?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by LOZENGE(m): 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
spinola:

Hi Lozenge,

It is normal, the Inverter needs to be connected to two 12v batteries in series inorder to generate the required 24v. You can find the Installation manual which explains all at mercurydirect.com.ng/blogs/mercury-inverters/58851973-mercury-inverter-user-manual you have bought an excellent Inverter which will give you many years of loyal service.
thanks spinola for the swift response to my question. I appreciate
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
chris81964:

I don't want to rub salt on an open wound. You got exactly what you paid for. You are asking people who you should have paid money for a professional installation to correct a problem someone else created.
1. The battery issue has been addressed
2. What capacity panels do you have. How many watts?
3. What charge controller do you have?
4. What capacity charger does your inverter have?
5. What is your usage?
Do you know where I stay?how I'm I supposed to know the guy is not a professional?quit the rudeness.He Installed a CCTV for us and adviced we should install solar as well.Ours is just to pay him we don't know anyoelse to do it around here.He didnt Install any charge controller with the solar.He said there is no need that the solar is connected directly with the battery.I don't know the capacity of the panel.our usage is A 42" tv,home theatre,3 rechargable fans,energy saving buls.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
Augustbreak:
Do you know where I stay?how I'm I supposed to know the guy is not a professional?quit the rudeness.He Installed a CCTV for us and adviced we should install solar as well.Ours is just to pay him we don't know anyoelse to do it around here.He didnt Install any charge controller with the solar.He said there is no need that the solar is connected directly with the battery.I don't know the capacity of the panel.our usage is A 42" tv,home theatre,3 rechargable fans,energy saving buls.

I don't need to know where you stay. Ignorance is not an excuse. You are spending the money you should have done some research. Do you go to a foot doctor and decide to get heart surgery? You don't. A CCTV is not a solar power person.

I am not being rude I am being factual. You are asking people who know to give you free advice. Some humble pie will come with it.
No charge controller? The batteries will be drained by your panels on low or no light conditions. How will the charge be managed to your batteries? Your usage is moderate. You need to invest in a controller. Ask the guy what size panels he installed for you.
Plan to spend money and have a professional correct the crappy / shi**y work that was done by your installer.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
chris81964:

I don't need to know where you stay. Ignorance is not an excuse. You are spending the money you should have done some research. Do you go to a foot doctor and decide to get heart surgery? You don't. A CCTV is not a solar power person.

I am not being rude I am being factual. You are asking people who know to give you free advice. Some humble pie will come with it.
No charge controller? The batteries will be drained by your panels on low or no light conditions. How will the charge be managed to your batteries? Your usage is moderate. You need to invest in a controller. Ask the guy what size panels he installed for you.
Plan to spend money and have a professional correct the crappy / shi**y work that was done by your installer.
You are the one who is rude here not me.I've stated the reason why the guy is the one fixing the inverter.I only came here to learn about the problem.If i hadn't ask I wouldn't have known that his battery connection is wrong neither would I have known about the charge controller.I don't have money now to start calling up a professional all the way from lagos or Abuja for now.And I'm not sure if I'll get another good installer here in Lokoja.For now,let me consider this as loss.We learn every day.Thanks for your sarcastic advice though.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
Augustbreak:

The guy is not only not a professional, he is a dangerous criminal. You need to take the advice given by Chris and get a real professional in ASAP. It is essential that you do this so you don’t lose the money you have invested and more importantly to ensure you and family are not in any danger.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
spinola:

The guy is not only not a professional, he is a dangerous criminal. You need to take the advice given by Chris and get a real professional in ASAP. It is essential that you do this so you don’t lose the money you have invested and more importantly to ensure you and family are not in any danger.
Thanks for your advice. I will try ask around if I can get someone else to fix it.It's just that I don't know where to get someone here.May be I should call the Installer to Uninstall the panel before my roof will blow up.Truly,I'm not happy about this situation.We got his contact from Vconnet online earlier this year when we wanted to install the cctv.Since then he has been disturbing us to install the solar and the inverter.He has been bragging that he has installed for several people.we just had to give it a go since light is not really stable here.Concerning the charge controller ,I told him about it but he refused that the connection is o.k.He has managed to convince my hubby that installing more panel is the solution.How to even persuade hubby now that the guy's work is not good is going to be my challenge now.Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by coderXO(m): 3:05am On Nov 01, 2015
Before all of you start making claims and charges perhaps you might ask the lady what appliances they are running and other related factors within their home.

This so-called professional is not a far cry from anyone else here who claims to be a professional.

This ain't rocket science please.

You are all professionals by the virtue of calling yourselves professionals.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 5:13am On Nov 01, 2015
coderXO:
Before all of you start making claims and charges perhaps you might ask the lady what appliances they are running and other related factors within their home.

This so-called professional is not a far cry from anyone else here who claims to be a professional.

You are all professionals by the virtue of calling yourselves professionals.
Augustbreak:
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 01, 2015
Augustbreak:
You are the one who is rude here not me.I've stated the reason why the guy is the one fixing the inverter.I only came here to learn about the problem.If i hadn't ask I wouldn't have known that his battery connection is wrong neither would I have known about the charge controller.I don't have money now to start calling up a professional all the way from lagos or Abuja for now.And I'm not sure if I'll get another good installer here in Lokoja.For now,let me consider this as loss.We learn every day.Thanks for your sarcastic advice though.
Guy quit arguing n luk for a gud installer. U nid a charge controller or else dat ba3 go explode for ur house o.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 01, 2015
coderXO:

You are all professionals by the virtue of calling yourselves professionals.Thanks a lot.You have said it
all..
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by coderXO(m): 7:46am On Nov 01, 2015
dovezeeta:
Guy quit arguing n luk for a gud installer. U nid a charge controller or else dat ba3 go explode for ur house o.

Charge controller might not be their problem however we all know that it is needed to prevent overcharging.

With what they currently have, I doubt their panels are anything that will actually eventually overcharge the batteries.

I will assume they don't even have a total of 300W altogether if they guy told them they need two more panels.

Then again, it was mentioned that they use the generator to charge overnight as well.

Augustbreak, how many panels where installed? What is the inverted brand / model? What is the brand of the batteries? Can you tell if the batteries are new?

Have you made sure there are no "heat/cooling" producing appliances turned on that could be draining your batteries?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 01, 2015
coderXO:

Charge controller might not be their problem however we all know that it is needed to prevent overcharging.

With what they currently have, I doubt their panels are anything that will actually eventually overcharge the batteries.

I will assume they don't even have a total of 300W altogether if they guy told them they need two more panels.

Then again, it was mentioned that they use the generator to charge overnight as well.

Augustbreak, how many panels where installed? What is the inverted brand / model? What is the brand of the batteries? Can you tell if the batteries are new?

Have you made sure there are no "heat/cooling" producing appliances turned on that could be draining your batteries?

Thanks.There are two panels Installed but I don't know their capacity.The inverter is a 2.4kva Mercury inverter and the batteries he just brought them and installed in a box.They are of different sizes and make.We don't use any heat or cooling stuffs ,so far the TV is the main appliance we have used before drainage.Thanks.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 8:29am On Nov 01, 2015
I think Augustbreak should be given a break.

He or she has no idea about the solar system before asking someone with no proven intergrity to supply and install a solar backup system. Chris, i think you are too hard on him/her who admitted to not knowing.

Augustbreak, i think you've been duped!

Its really complicated but i will try to point loop holes in your system.

1. Your system backs up for 30mins only on the load you listed, that means you battery is dead on arrival! OR

2. The inverter charger is either faulty or inadequate.

3. It is wrong to install 2 batteries of different capacities and probably different brand or type to the same system especially in series which am almost sure its ur case with a 2.4kva certainly 24v.

4. Solar panels can charge batteries but may fry it with high current or voltage or over charging. Charge controller prevents overcharging, controls the charging current and voltage so as to protect the battery from damage. A 12v solar panel produces 17-21v to charge a 12v battery which requires 13.6v to charge. Directly means the battery is geting high voltage. Charge controller has a DC voltage regulator to givethe battery only what it needs. In same vein, a solar panel may produce as much current as required to charge but when charge is full that high current will damage the battery when the controller would have lowered the current or stopped charging entirely. Your, battery may have been fried already depending on the capacity of the solar panels.

We have little details on your system but not minding the details, your installer is far from being honest. I dont know how much you paid for the system and the state of your batteries since they are most expensive of the lot with the highest dependance. My guess is the batteries are not new. You can only get a better installer if you are sure the batteries are good but if not, just get your money back or dump the system till you can afford new matching batteries and charge controller. 30mins backup is too poor for at least 6hrs of charge.

6 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 01, 2015
adanny01:
I think Augustbreak should be given a break.

He or she has no idea about the solar system before asking someone with no proven intergrity to supply and install a solar backup system. Chris, i think you are too hard on him/her who admitted to not knowing.

Augustbreak, i think you've been duped!

Its really complicated but i will try to point loop holes in your system.

1. Your system backs up for 30mins only on the load you listed, that means you battery is dead on arrival! OR

2. The inverter charger is either faulty or inadequate.

3. It is wrong to install 2 batteries of different capacities and probably different brand or type to the same system especially in series which am almost sure its ur case with a 2.4kva certainly 24v.

4. Solar panels can charge batteries but may fry it with high current or voltage or over charging. Charge controller prevents overcharging, controls the charging current and voltage so as to protect the battery from damage. A 12v solar panel produces 17-21v to charge a 12v battery which requires 13.6v to charge. Directly means the battery is geting high voltage. Charge controller has a DC voltage regulator to givethe battery only what it needs. In same vein, a solar panel may produce as much current as required to charge but when charge is full that high current will damage the battery when the controller would have lowered the current or stopped charging entirely. Your, battery may have been fried already depending on the capacity of the solar panels.

We have little details on your system but not minding the details, your installer is far from being honest. I dont know how much you paid for the system and the state of your batteries since they are most expensive of the lot with the highest dependance. My guess is the batteries are not new. You can only get a better installer if you are sure the batteries are good but if not, just get your money back or dump the system till you can afford new matching batteries and charge controller. 30mins backup is too poor for at least 6hrs of charge.
Thank you o.From all the comments here,it's obvious the guy doesn't know much about the solar and inverter installation as he claims.thanks everyone for your comments at least I''m a bit knowledgeable about it to challenge him.I will call him up to uninstall and look for another installer.Much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by 1kinggy(m): 9:41am On Nov 01, 2015
targus:
Hello Guys, Is it possible for me to use Inverter with my Fridge Freezer, 3 bulbs and 3 fans?, Like how many Kva  inverter plus battery will i need. Thanks

It is not advisable to run fridge/freezer on inverters but I have a friend who does. 3 KVA inverter with 4 batteries. Also know that you cannot run it for an extended time. Get a big Gen to support it.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2015
I'm not a prof when it comes to this but with the little science knowledge I was able to install my inverter myself. Now my next deal is to get a solar panel and charge controllers. Though I have 2 bps 150ah batteries, I discover that one of the batteries is not too good. I bought a 12V 1.5KVA Xantra inverter. Here is my connection bellow.
Note: I did this to control the change over myself cos I don't want to tamper with the EDB of my apartment.

I'm currently running it on a single battery. For now. Would love to know more about how to calculate my load on it. Cos after putting on everything I normally put on the inverter shows 31%load and the battery drops to 77%. With this I want to know how long it will take me on the inverter with one battery. This is my load list.
1. 2 30W energy lights
2. 4 15W energy lights
3. 2 ceiling fans
4. 42" LED TV about 150W
5. GoTV
Others includes mobile accessories.

Would also want to know if it is more economical cos I use prepaid meter.

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 1:15am On Nov 02, 2015
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 75k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@65k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

JOY SOLAR MODULES

POLY SOLAR PANEL:
80W N10000. 100W N13500. 120W N16000. 130W N16500. 160W N23000. 170W N25000. 180W N26000. 250W N30000. 280W N40000.

MONO SOLAR PANEL:
80W N12000. 100W N15000. 110W N15500. 120W N18000. 130W 20000.180W N28000.

Latest model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @50k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...
1kw 12v =50k
1.5kw 12v =60k
2kw 12v =75k
2kw 24v =75k
3kw"4kva" 24v =120k
4kw 24v/48v =140k
5kw 24v/48v =160k
6kw"7.5kva"24/48v=210k
8kw 192v. =350k
10kw 96v. =380k

Must power inverter boards ...@25k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @4k

The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is simply rugged compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "+2348135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2015
ibrodex:
I'm not a prof when it comes to this but with the little science knowledge I was able to install my inverter myself. Now my next deal is to get a solar panel and charge controllers. Though I have 2 bps 150ah batteries, I discover that one of the batteries is not too good. I bought a 12V 1.5KVA Xantra inverter. Here is my connection bellow.
Note: I did this to control the change over myself cos I don't want to tamper with the EDB of my apartment.

I'm currently running it on a single battery. For now. Would love to know more about how to calculate my load on it. Cos after putting on everything I normally put on the inverter shows 31%load and the battery drops to 77%. With this I want to know how long it will take me on the inverter with one battery. This is my load list.
1. 2 30W energy lights
2. 4 15W energy lights
3. 2 ceiling fans
4. 42" LED TV about 150W
5. GoTV
Others includes mobile accessories.

Would also want to know if it is more economical cos I use prepaid meter.

I love that inverter even though i have never used it. It seems well built as per quality and data sheet. I am particularly thrilled with the inbuilt AVR, power factor, wall mount ability, display etc.

The downside is that since a switch between UPS or Inverter mode isnt mention coupled with the fact that the data sheet only mentioned 150-280v operating range, i am scared. In my area, we do have low voltage supply on grid so it will be bad if the above is only applicable. Right now my inverter with inverter mode range of 90-280v is struggling to charge since saturday night when our supply voltage dropped below 90v.

Power factor is 9.5-1 avcording to the datat sheet so 0.9 can be assumed very save. It means you can power your inverter to 1.35kilowatts. I wouldnt go beyond 1000watts. Besides, i will lose hours of backup with more load. If ever you need to run fridge, start generator.

With 75A charger, thats very suitable for very fast charging of 2 batteries. 75A can even do 3 batteries well.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by durodee(m): 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
Augustbreak:
Thank you o.From all the comments here,it's obvious the guy doesn't know much about the solar and inverter installation as he claims.thanks everyone for your comments at least I''m a bit knowledgeable about it to challenge him.I will call him up to uninstall and look for another installer.Much appreciated.
A few years ago I was in your shoes. If is unfortunate that there are charlatans everywhere, more so when it involves a "new technology". I can testify that inverter+ solar is good BUT you must be ready to do some homework. When my inverter system caught fire twice, I abandoned it as a lost cause! A friend eventually pointed to this thread on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta and adviced me strongly to find time and read from page 1to the end and not be tempted to jump to the end. I will support your decision to disconect the system awhile but please do not let it end there! Now i have power in my house 24/7 and i am not connected to NEPA.I am fully on SOLAR. Your installer is either naive, stupid or dubious to keep ascertaining that your system does not need a charge controller. It is like saying a car does not need a BRAKE because you were not planning to speed. Kindly convince your hubby to join you in this solar study expedition and you will never regret it! All the best!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
durodee:

A few years ago I was in your shoes. If is unfortunate that there are charlatans everywhere, more so when it involves a "new technology". I can testify that inverter+ solar is good BUT you must be ready to do some homework. When my inverter system caught fire twice, I abandoned it as a lost cause! A friend eventually pointed to this thread on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta and adviced me strongly to find time and read from page 1to the end and not be tempted to jump to the end. I will support your decision to disconect the system awhile but please do not let it end there! Now i have power in my house 24/7 and i am not connected to NEPA.I am fully on SOLAR. Your installer is either naive, stupid or dubious to keep ascertaining that your system does not need a charge controller. It is like saying a car does not need a BRAKE because you were not planning to speed. Kindly convince your hubby to join you in this solar study expedition and you will never regret it! All the best!!!!
Thanks a lot.I'll read the mentioned thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.