Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu (134683 Views)

A Four Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Sale. / Northern Foreshore: 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex Plus 2 Rooms Bq For SALE / 5 Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Urgent Sale! (wt Pictures) Hot! N45 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2011
Hello Nairalanders, its spyder880 once again, reaching you live and direct from Enugu.  I will be reporting from a site I will be building for a client I met here on nairaland. A friend who saw my previous thread "THE REAL COST OF BUILDING A 6 BEDROOM DUPLEX" contacted me and we worked out modalities on me helping him to build his own house. I have gone to the site and taken a few pictures and right now, site clearing is in progress.
Let us gather here and make this thread great as my previous thread. I will not abandon my own house, I will be doing them concurrently, (I can even add more jobs if I get more grin grin) As usual I will need your inputs, suggestions and criticisms from well meaning members, I dont know everything, but your suggestions have seen me come thus far, where is Am alone, brabus, kuntash, kccool, omobashua1, and all other friends too numerous to mention? Please come o grin we need to work together again, (I value his contributions no matter how I feel)
I will also be tracking all the costs (materials and labour) so the owner can see how we spend his money.

These are initial pictures from the site when it was not cleared.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by olubuffett: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2011
ol boy no eat the bush meat you find on that site alone o! wink

First, we would like you to tell us the layout of the 5 rooms, what materials your client requested?
how you intend to proceed with the project and the delivery time.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:00pm On Jun 06, 2011
olubuffett:

ol boy no eat the bush meat you find on that site alone o! wink

First, we would like you to tell us the layout of the 5 rooms, what materials your client requested?
how you intend to proceed with the project and the delivery time.

My client wants the down floor to consist of 1 large living room, a dining room, one kitchen with a store, two ensuit bedrooms and a sit out. The upper part will have two rooms, another extra large bedroom with its special facilities. This house will be built with gravel and sand just like mine, in Enugu, we are really proud of our gravel and will always build with it. As for bush meat, they are aplenty around that site, dont be surpised to see a picture of me and my boys roasting a huge antelope beside the ongoing duplex grin grin
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by oshie(m): 3:50am On Jun 07, 2011
Bravo Godfather, you will soon be starting work on mine as discussed. Of course not duplex or executive duplex. After all you did not start from duplex.

Fellow N/landers join me in thanking Mr spider for securing a plot for me.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by princeonx: 5:50am On Jun 07, 2011
This will really be interesting!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:47am On Jun 07, 2011
oshie:

Bravo Godfather, you will soon be starting work on mine as discussed. Of course not duplex or executive duplex. After all you did not start from duplex.

Fellow N/landers join me in thanking Mr spider for securing a plot for me.

Oga landlord! (this is the newest landlord in town) My man, I will be ready for your house anytime, it's always better to start small and work your way up till you will be building blocks of flats till estates. We shall get there someday. How is your station, the sky is our limit sha.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:54am On Jun 07, 2011
Apart from tracking all the cost of building this house, I also intend to know the possible time frame I could complete this house to roofing level. Can I couple this whole building in 2 months? What will be the obstacles and how I can work around it to achieve delivery of this house in the shortest possible time?
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by diordaves(m): 10:03am On Jun 07, 2011
spyder880:

Hello Nairalanders, its spyder880 once again, reaching you live and direct from Enugu. I will be reporting from a site I will be building for a client I met here on nairaland. A friend who saw my previous thread "THE REAL COST OF BUILDING A 6 BEDROOM DUPLEX" contacted me and we worked out modalities on me helping him to build his own house. I have gone to the site and taken a few pictures and right now, site clearing is in progress.
Let us gather here and make this thread great as my previous thread. I will not abandon my own house, I will be doing them concurrently, (I can even add more jobs if I get more grin grin) As usual I will need your inputs, suggestions and criticisms from well meaning members, I dont know everything, but your suggestions have seen me come thus far, where is Am alone, brabus, kuntash, kccool, omobashua1, and all other friends too numerous to mention? Please come o grin we need to work together again, (I value his contributions no matter how I feel)
I will also be tracking all the costs (materials and labour) so the owner can see how we spend his money.

These are initial pictures from the site when it was not cleared.

I salute your courage and confidence in opening up to public scrutiny in a serious and sometimes vexatious project like house building. Well done!. I have a few word of advice though. I am assuming your client is a Nairalander, so must be in tune with the controversy of building in public eye. If your client is a Nairalander, this is also for him.

Building in public eye and scrutiny as your case is like appointing a technical adviser to the Super Eagles; suddenly 160 million Nigerians will turn technical advisers, some will be constructive in criticizing, some will be all knowing (I know everything syndrome) and yet some other will be damn right jealous and go great length to bring the project down. Hope you guys are ready for this?

My advice to you guys, is to draw out a blue print (road map) towards the realization of the project in line with cash-flow and use this blue print to benchmark performance and digest any criticism. If your project is going according to your blue print, you will do well to grow thick skin to negative criticism and courageous enough to adopt any constructive input from the general public. The danger with such project is the bring-down-syndrome. Don't be suprise to hear calls for the sacking of "local coach" (builder) and the appointment of a foreign technical adviser. IF such time comes, do not deviate, stick to plan and resolve any bottleneck according to your blue print. May the good Lord crown your effort with success. Stay Blessed.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2011
Thank you Diordaves for your timely advice. I must confess, you said it even more than I could have. Nairaland is an interesting forum and every kind of Nigerian syndrome come into play when you are attempting something worthwhile here. But I must also admit I have learnt a lot from this site and it's clear am still learning.
I will try as much as possible to build this house exactly the way the owner wants it, I will also make sure he gets the materials and labour costs at a bargain, plus the speed he desires will be adhered to. The owner is a nairalander and as such knows our behaviour, I urge anyone who notices any wrong practice to point it out and I promise to attend to every complaint. I will try and stick to the bluerints.
My mission in building is to demistify the process through open public scrutity so as to erect quality houses at the lowest costs possible. Thank you once again.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2011
You are a great guy.
Keep up the good work and sky will be the beginning . . . . .
Remember, we love pix, so give us lots of it
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by blackchief(m): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2011
spyder880,

You and alone have won over a lot of fan on this property section and I am one of them. Please people, let make this post as great as the other one.

Thanks
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
Very interesting!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by brabus(m): 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2011
Wow! I'm in.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2011
Fhemmmy:

You are a great guy.
Keep up the good work and sky will be the beginning . . . . .
Remember, we love pix, so give us lots of it

Thank you Fhemmmy, you have been a great inspiration for me on this forum and I promise to paste so much pictures here that Seun will complain! My camera is itching for action already.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by AmAlone: 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2011
Nice one spydo!!!
Good start again!!! grin grin grin
I'm seriously looking forward
to a $1m home look more like $10m
Peace!!!!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 4:56pm On Jun 07, 2011
Am Alone:

Nice one spydo!!!
Peace!!!!

That is the whole idea oh . . . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Jun 07, 2011
spyder880:

Thank you Fhemmmy, you have been a great inspiration for me on this forum and I promise to paste so much pictures here that Seun will complain! My camera is itching for action already.

Are you a building contractor or you are just doing this for the fun of what you love and making money out of it . . . We are surely gonna talk and when i visit Nigeria, we will sit and talk more

I had lost interest in the Property section of Nairaland before, but you have revived my love for the section . . . i am now constant here
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2011
Am Alone:

Nice one spydo!!!
Peace!!!!

Been expecting you bros, welcome. Please point out any point you dont like in this house from time to time, we must sharpen each other for better performance. Welcome.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2011
spyder880:

Been expecting you bros, welcome. Please point out any point you dont like in this house from time to time, we must sharpen each other for better performance. Welcome.

That is a comment of a great man . . . .
I really adore your spirit . . . . Keep it up bro
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Are you a building contractor or you are just doing this for the fun of what you love and making money out of it . . . We are surely gonna talk and when i visit Nigeria, we will sit and talk more

I had lost interest in the Property section of Nairaland before, but you have revived my love for the section . . . i am now constant here

Thank you for the question, I am passionate about buildings and started investing in properties because thats the only investment I love. I can stay in a building site for a whole day and not feel hungry for food in 12 hours, just for the fun of seeing blocks being put on top of each other or concrete being mixed to solid homes, the whole process fascinates me and gives me my own fix.
I can build for free, and its not that I need the money so much, (but bros, Dangote still dey chase money like a poor man) but I want my name to count for something, to make a name as an honest builder, and enjoy the fun of giving people satisfaction in their dream for quality homes. I will be most honoured to discuss with you when you come back, thank you for making me believe in myself.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by AmAlone: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2011
spyder880:

Yes Boss!!!
You know what? It doesn't have to be things I don't like
It just have to be things maybe I thinks should be modified a little
however sha!!! Anything goes grin grin
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2011
spyder880:

Thank you for the question, I am passionate about buildings and started investing in properties because thats the only investment I love. I can stay in a building site for a whole day and not feel hungry for food in 12 hours, just for the fun of seeing blocks being put on top of each other or concrete being mixed to solid homes, the whole process fascinates me and gives me my own fix.
I can build for free, and its not that I need the money so much, (but bros, Dangote still dey chase money like a poor man) but I want my name to count for something, to make a name as an honest builder, and enjoy the fun of giving people satisfaction in their dream for quality homes. I will be most honoured to discuss with you when you come back, thank you for making me believe in myself.

I am like that with Automobiles and that was how i started the exportation of automobiles from America and Canada to Nigeria . . . . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Jussi(m): 7:13pm On Jun 07, 2011
I salute all for your great inspiration. Your various contributions won me over from the auto section. Please keep up your good works and let's all enjoy sharing our views on this forum as in the master's other thread.
Spyder, may God enlarge your coast and grant you more wisdom.

Carry go jare!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by brabus(m): 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
@Spyder880 - Coincidentally, I'll be starting a multi-dwelling unit project for a client won over from yr thread. I've decided to open a thread for this project based on inspirations drawn from your thread "THE REAL COST OF BUILDING A SIX BEDROOM BUNGALOW" to document and provide useful information to anyone who has decided to head down the same path.

I am looking for some pros and cons of going one way or the other. Thank you in advance for all responses and advice.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 7:52pm On Jun 07, 2011
Jussi:

I salute all for your great inspiration. Your various contributions won me over from the auto section. Please keep up your good works and let's all enjoy sharing our views on this forum as in the master's other thread.

Carry go jare!

He brought me over from Auto as well . . . .So welcome
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2011
brabus:

@Spyder880 - Coincidentally, I'll be starting a multi-dwelling unit project for a client won over from yr thread. I've decided to open a thread for this project based on inspirations drawn from your thread "THE REAL COST OF BUILDING A SIX BEDROOM BUNGALOW" to document and provide useful information to anyone who has decided to head down the same path.

I am looking for some pros and cons of going one way or the other. Thank you in advance for all responses and advice.

Let us know when you have started the thread . . . . The general contractors in Nigeria will soon have a beef to settle with you and Spyder . . . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
brabus:

Wow! I'm in.

As if you thought I could do this without you? I would have come looking for you in Lagos with a bottle of the best wine so you can grace this thread. Welcome sir!
Jussi:

Carry go jare!

Thank you bros, you people really give me the courage to go on.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2011
brabus:

You know I will be there, learning all your steps as you go on. Expect many questions from me.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by AmAlone: 8:30pm On Jun 07, 2011
spyder880:

You know I will be there, learning all your steps as you go on. Expect many questions from me.

You guys are for sure taking this to a next level!!!!!
Or I guess this is the next level!!!! So Push On!!!!!
So bros, Any updates yet?
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:30pm On Jun 07, 2011
Am Alone:

You guys are for sure taking this to a next level!!!!!
Or I guess this is the next level!!!! So Push On!!!!!
So bros, Any updates yet?

I will paste pictures by tomorrow from the site.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 12:05am On Jun 08, 2011
Bros, thanks alot for this thread, i have been following your thread with friends, thumb up for this new project. in fact u have won our heart , we are this fellow too here working our ass out and saving with hope of building a home , but with fears and the amount of money that our fellow brothers used to quota make us very afraid of ever laying a foundation, but this your thread have open our eyes alot , bros very soon i will be coming home , i have a plan of my dream home which i will like to build at my home town in Anambra state.spyder880 .i will like u to handle the project, i also have a land in lagos, AJAH , so be prepared my BIG bros, my other friends are also intrested too,
AM ALONE. u are my man. i will like to meet you when i came to niaja for further information, ur people real open our eyes ooooo, THE GOOD LORD WILL GUIDE AND PROTECT UR ALL THAT ARE HELPING THIS THREAD , OLUWA CHAMPION, brothers keep the sun shininnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg, u are brothers indeed,
i will be following this threads as i was doing on the past, although i didn't make any comment on the past as i was learning from it.

GOD BLESSING TO U ALL.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 12:10am On Jun 08, 2011
Following the thread so closely with so much passion for all said and discussed . . . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply)

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? / Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.