Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,223 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money (7334 Views)

Counterfeit Change, By Femi Aribisala / 22 Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In The US / Nigerians Arrested In Los Angeles Over Medicare Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by playmode(m): 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2011
The South African Police Service has uncovered counterfeit money to the tune of 80 million US Dollars at a house north of Johannesburg today. Two Nigerian nationals aged 40 and 41 were arrested in the raid.

Seven luxury watches worth almost R1 million and 18 cellphones were also seized. The men will appear in the Johannesburg Commercial Crimes Court on Wednesday.

Source : http://www.sabcnews.com/portal/site/SABCNews/menuitem.5c4f8fe7ee929f602ea12ea1674daeb9/?vgnextoid=2b91bd405c560310VgnVCM10000077d4ea9bRCRD&vgnextfmt=default

UPDATE :

Police probe possible fake dollar syndicate

Police are investigating what could be a counterfeit dollar syndicate after they arrested two Nigerian men at a house in Atholl in Johannesburg. On Monday, officers discovered five large steel crates filled with fake US$100 bills - valued at around US$80 million.

The two suspects seemed dazed as officers questioned them amid the broken tiles and overturned couches.

Police said it was one of the biggest busts of this kind they have made in a while. “It is believable that more arrests can be made on this particular bust because we do believe that a bigger syndicate is involved,” said the police’s Tshisikhawe Ndou.

Officers also confiscated computer hard drives, 18 cellphones, seven luxury watches and a brand new Kia Cerato.

The two men are expected to appear in the Commercial Crimes Court in Johannesburg on Wednesday.

Check out the pictures at this link: http://www.eyewitnessnews.co.za/Story.aspx?Id=67375

Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by playmode(m): 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2011
I just watched this on the evening news now  cry I tire for these boys o ,dey no dey rest   shocked
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by nwaafo1: 11:20pm On Jun 06, 2011
I also saw this on the news, i was so ashamed of mysel. there's really nothing our pple cant do here, how did they even do that
btw Playmode, how u doing. i replied ur mail a long time ago, but havnt got ur reply
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Blazay(m): 11:29pm On Jun 06, 2011
Please?
Are they Yoruba or Igbo?
Or Both? cheesy
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Ngodigha: 11:30pm On Jun 06, 2011
Blazay:

Please?
Are they Yoruba or Igbo?
Or Both? cheesy
it does not matter, ediott.
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Blazay(m): 11:31pm On Jun 06, 2011
^^^

Mu he he he he he

E mata o!

Efry man/woman for in-sef o!

One Nigeria nor dey for 'crime sessssion' or "Africa's most wanted"! kiss

Ewu!

The South African Police Service has uncovered counterfeit money to the tune of 80 million US Dollars at a house north of Johannesburg today. Two Nigerian nationals aged 40 and 41 were arrested in the raid.

Seven luxury watches worth almost R1 million and 18 cellphones were also seized. The men will appear in the Johannesburg Commercial Crimes Court on Wednesday.

In another incident, a South African national was arrested at the airport on Friday on suspicion of carrying papers in the shape of currency notes and a chemical. "The accused could convert the papers into dollars by just adding the chemical to it," the police said.

The accused, Ncube Emmanuel (38), was travelling from Mumbai to Kolkata.

These SA peeps must be 'racists'! Why did they omit the yoruba and igbo nigerian names? angry

North and South of Nigeria nor get this kain liver! I know my peeps! cheesy
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 06, 2011
Okoro man wan go celebrate him SGF zoning grin

Better way to celebrate than with $80mil cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Ngodigha: 11:37pm On Jun 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Okoro man wan go celebrate him SGF zoning grin

Better way to celebrate than with $80mil cheesy cheesy
Bingo, the article only said two Nigerians. Quit hating, beast.
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Blazay(m): 11:40pm On Jun 06, 2011
Ngodigha:

Bingo, the article only said two Nigerians. Quit hating, beast.

Common shorrrrop! See ya nyansh like 2 Nigerians!

Otu efi!
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Ngodigha: 11:47pm On Jun 06, 2011
Blazay:

Common shorrrrop! See ya nyansh like 2 Nigerians!

Otu efi!
Buzz the shiit, bingo wing butt phucker.
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Abali1(m): 7:23am On Jun 07, 2011
All these tribalist wey full for NL una no dey tire.
two Nigerians and una wan know wey da na igbo or yoruba (cos almajiri no get that kain brain).
okay if na igbo/yoruba man wetin una go do.
Bankole where is he from? igbo's may be into all sorts of dirty dealings, but they are not the only Naija tribes that disgrace the country.

shun tribalism is not good for your health.
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by babaowo: 7:51am On Jun 07, 2011
that is too little amount and more over is fake,because our government in naija they steal billions which is genue money,pastor's are buying jets,manager's own's massion abroad, so what do you ppl. Expect from street boyz? They learnt it from thier pastors and naija politicians lol
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by playmode(m): 7:58am On Jun 07, 2011
nwa afo:

I also saw this on the news, i was so ashamed of mysel. there's really nothing our pple cant do here, how did they even do that
btw Playmode, how u doing. i replied your mail a long time ago, but havnt got your reply

Hi bro ,i sent you you a reply over a week ago.Check your spam/trash box.I am resending the email now ,please confirm that you received it.  wink

By the way get ready for another round of Naija verbal bashing by SA peeps in SA.All the blogs here in SA are on fire today with anti naija slogans and chants.They will want to look down on you ,stand tall and tell them to f off.

One question that baffles me is ; How were they able to print so much fake dollars  undecided They must have some sort of printing press! Nwa afo did you notice that they showed that some guns were also sophisticated from these guys in the report?

The ugly truth is that these guys were already rich if they had in their possesion 7 watches that altogether are worth R1 Million Rands (N22 Million Naira).Someone who owns such expensive "jewelry" will have a lot of millions in their bank account.Why could they not invest in a legit beusiness instead of continuing in their evil ways undecided
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by lafuria1(m): 8:01am On Jun 07, 2011
what do expect from a bad government, waves of different crimes. even Ghana want some naija guys out. as for wat tribe are they, na una sabi, wetin the international community hear be 2 [b]Nigerian [/b]criminals. 150million Nigerians are potential criminals.
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 07, 2011
$80m? Naija! These my people hustle no get equal. No wonder one gets to see all kinds of demonic mansions in Lekki and every part of Lagos. . .as well as thousands of Range Rovers, LRs, Benzs, Bentleys, BMW X6s etc. all over the place - in spite of the so-called widespread poverty in the country. How many of these faceless millionaires can claim to have acquired their fortunes legitimately? Na so e easy? Na real wah.

I don't blame them though. You're worthless and despised in this country if you ain't getting cheddar by any means necessary. One has got to do what one has got to to. . .the end justifies the means.
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by playmode(m): 8:19am On Jun 07, 2011
edited
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Opusdeii(f): 8:35am On Jun 07, 2011
Blazay:

Please?
Are they Yoruba or Igbo?
Or Both? cheesy

Chuckle my proactive posterior off! Blazay, What the heck are you on about? Can't you see that most of your comment reeks of idiocy. If you travel out the shores of Nigeria, do you think the foreigner differentiate who is Yoruba or Igbo?
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by igboboy1(m): 9:01am On Jun 07, 2011
well na part of the money odua Yoruba bankole steal, he diverted 300 million to one chima and 850 mmillion to oluwa ileke idi and adebayode. So maybe those are the people they caught, ODUAs sef undecided
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Engen(m): 9:30am On Jun 07, 2011
Oh please all this stupid criminals when are you going to stop embarrassing all Naija living in SA, am always been watch suspiciously when ever I try doing any deal in SA, Common SA is full of opportunities irrespective of your nationality as long you got the capital, but this fools are making it difficult for a lot of us, if is not ''Bogus doctors'' it will be ''drug peddlers'' Please how do this ppl get into dis country in the first place, Bastards
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by An0nimus: 9:33am On Jun 07, 2011
la furia:

what do expect from a bad government, waves of different crimes. even Ghana want some naija guys out. as for wat tribe are they, na una sabi, wetin the international community hear be 2 Nigerian [/b]criminals. [b]150million Nigerians are potential criminals.
Haba,e never reach like that now!, Minus me sha cool
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by MMM2(m): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2011
9ja boiz why?
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by hackney(m): 10:42am On Jun 07, 2011
The money fit be for music videos grin grin
they don see black man turn am to another thing.
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 07, 2011
Is it not a fact that the nigerians who go to south africa engage in drug dealing and money laundering?
not surprised to hear this story.
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by member479760: 10:46am On Jun 07, 2011
"The accused, Ncube Emmanuel (38), was travelling from Mumbai to Kolkata"
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by playmode(m): 11:19am On Jun 07, 2011
nakedall:

"The accused, Ncube Emmanuel (38), was travelling from Mumbai to Kolkata"

That is a different incident involving a South African national who is into "wash wash".The Nigerian criminals also work with locals to commit crimes.The hungry locals help the Nigerians scout for local "mugus" and introduce them to the Nigerians who then work on the "mugus" to fleece them of their money.

The names of the two Nigerians arrested has not yet been released but i am certain that they will release their names soon.
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Natasha2(f): 11:37am On Jun 07, 2011
hmm
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by playmode(m): 11:51am On Jun 07, 2011
It is just so funny how Nigerian criminals are intelligent enough to commit these sophisticated crimes but not smart enough to keep a low profile.From the pictures and information i have gathered so far ,these guys were staying in Athol suburb,now Athol is like the hamptons of New York.The cheapest apartment there is going for like $200,000 not to even mention the cost of a full house.To make matters worse they were staying in an access controlled estate which had surveillance cameras and security patrol vehicles.

South Africa is a racist country where white folks do not want to stay in the same area as black folks.In such estates in SA,it is common knowledge that once a black family or group moves in to the estate,the white neighbors will watch/spy on them with keen eyes.

If they were smart like the Chinese criminals (mafia) in SA ,they could have moved to a remote location on the outskirts of town,maybe rent a farm and do their dirty deeds there without prying eyes but trust Naija boys ,they want to show off and live in the nicest suburb.They did not even own the property ,they were renting the full house.From what i know of Athol ,they would been paying rent of no less than R10,000 (N220,000) per month.Now that is a blatant waste.Even the estate agency that was renting the house to them could been the ones who tipped the police office off because only a few people can afford to pay such high rent in SA.

Nigerians are not the only criminals in SA but they the most stupidest ones (apart from local SA criminals).They like to make "noise" and be heard everywhere that is why they keep getting caught easily.
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by atasteve: 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2011
The LOVE of money is the root of all evils!!!
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by JAZES(m): 12:41pm On Jun 07, 2011
Blazay:

Please?
Are they Yoruba or Igbo?
Or Both? cheesy

will u ever grow up at all? angry angry
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by olamitunde(m): 12:44pm On Jun 07, 2011
, this is serious
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by Jakumo(m): 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2011
Clearly these enterprising gentlemen misunderstood the concept of "making money". Give them a second chance, and I am convinced that they will change careers for the better.

To ensure that they don't re-offend, those C-note printing plates should be sent to me right away for safe keeping. Praise the Lord !
Re: Nigerians Arrested For $80 Million Counterfeit Money by MrCork17: 1:52pm On Jun 07, 2011
Blazay:

Please?
Are they Yoruba or Igbo?
Or Both? cheesy

they are from Enugu! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Denies Describing Anambra Election As Free & Fair / MINISTERIAL LIST: Buhari Dumps Amaechi And Others / 2019: APC, PDP Eye Contractors, Lawmakers For Campaign Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.