Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu (6433 Views)

Tambuwal, Tinubu, Fashola & Clinton Hail GEJ (Pic ) / Atiku, Tambuwal, Tinubu Tell Jonathan To Prepare Handover Notes / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by jara: 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2011
Why ACN Supported Tambuwal – Tinubu

Leadership

Tue, 07/06/2011 - 5:18am | JAMES UME Cover Stories

Former Lagos State governor and national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu has named national interest as the reason ACN members in the House gave a bloc vote to the candidature of Tambuwal, which led to his subsequent emergence as Speaker. Tinubu gave this insight at a reception in honour of ACN House members at the Ogun State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja.

He said that the party’s took its position in order to advance the interest of the nation in the lower chamber of the National Assembly.
Tinubu, who drove into the reception venue in company of Chief Segun Osoba, said he was under tremendous pressure to toe the line of the PDP to support a South West candidate for the position but had to halt his support for any candidate based on his conviction that the legislature was a separate arm of government that should be allowed to produce its own leaders independently.

He hinted that he personally instructed all ACN members to vote for Tambuwal and not to collect a kobo from any other candidate.
In his speech, Chief Bisi thanked the lawmakers, noting that he was proud of them and that the ACN would continue to play such formidable role in this administration.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
jara:

Why ACN Supported Tambuwal – Tinubu

Leadership

Tue, 07/06/2011 - 5:18am | JAMES UME Cover Stories

Former Lagos State governor and national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu has named national interest as the reason ACN members in the House gave a bloc vote to the candidature of Tambuwal, which led to his subsequent emergence as Speaker. Tinubu gave this insight at a reception in honour of ACN House members at the Ogun State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja.

He said that the party’s took its position in order to advance the interest of the nation in the lower chamber of the National Assembly.
Tinubu, who drove into the reception venue in company of Chief Segun Osoba, said he was under tremendous pressure to toe the line of the PDP to support a South West candidate for the position but had to halt his support for any candidate based on his conviction that the legislature was a separate arm of government that should be allowed to produce its own leaders independently.

He hinted that he personally instructed all ACN members to vote for Tambuwal and not to collect a kobo from any other candidate.
In his speech, Chief Bisi thanked the lawmakers, noting that he was proud of them and that the ACN would continue to play such formidable role in this administration.

God Bless the ACN

God Bless Asiwaju Tinubu

God bless the Great South Western States Of Nigeria.

Amen.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Chyz2: 4:53pm On Jun 07, 2011
He simply jumped ship when he saw that the odds of his initial for support the SW candidate was against him. Look at this dude trying to make himself seem like a hero.LMAO! cheesy
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Adejoro74: 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
Tinubu, the roguish Yoruba leader. Nobody buys your crap. Give it up.

Just say you do not want any Yoruba to compete with your leadership of your people. Obasanjo did same thing that you are doing now. For Yoruba leaders, it is I or no other. Same also for Awo. Always one man show.

1 Like

Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2011
Our deal with Tambuwal – ACN

The emergence of Aminu Tambuwal as the Speaker of House of Representatives of the seventh inauguration is a straight contest as he is the popular choice, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has said.

National publicity secretary of ACN, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the election of Tambuwal is a straight forward case and that the party prefers him in the interest of the nation.

Mohammed said, “We decided the person that would emerge will work for the benefit of the House and nation and ensure the sanctity of the separation of power between the arms of government. We had meetings with the two groups and we feel Tambuwal is good for us and the country.”

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20625:our-deal-with-tambuwal--acn&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

Finally, a real and credible opposition party in Nigeria,
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by 2mch(m): 4:59pm On Jun 07, 2011
ACN is the biggest disgrace in the whole of SW. All they have going for themselves is the Fashola name brand. Buch of thieves and criminals supporting thieves and criminals to fill their own pockets. Then they come and shout progressive. Accord party will take over where they left off. It is time to leave Tinubu behind. He has refused to join the progressive train, and rather trying to feed his pocket. let us be real here and stop screaming nonsense. This is rubbish playing before our eyes. Yoruba are too smart for Tinubu. If you dont want to bring progress we will leave you behind. He also did not Ashiwaju anything, that was all done by Fashola. Fashola better wake up and take over the party, because i will rather canvass for votes for PDP for 2015 than ACN.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by johnie: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2011
jara:

What is independent about being told who to vote for?

Formidable role?
National Interest?

Sounds like formidable personal interest to me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EzeUche1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 07, 2011
I pity those who believe in Tinubu. He only cares about his own interest and not the interest of his own people. ACN controls the South-West and everyone has to pay homage to Emperor Tinubu. Welcome to the new South-West.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by naijatoday: 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2011
Is Tambuwal not part of the people Bankole mentioned as benefiting from the N10bn?
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2011
EzeUche!:

I pity those who believe in Tinubu. He only cares about his own interest and not the interest of his own people. ACN controsl the South-West and everyone has to pay homage to Emperor Tinubu. Welcome to the new South-West.

Why are you crying on behalf of Yoruba people? Den beg you to help them carry their water bottle ni? Se me see trouble o.

Asiwaju Tinubu remains the most powerful and formidable politician in Nigeria, that you'll have to make peace with sooner or later.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Mariory(m): 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2011
EzeUche!:

I pity those who believe in Tinubu. He only cares about his own interest and not the interest of his own people. ACN controsl the South-West and everyone has to pay homage to Emperor Tinubu. Welcome to the new South-West.

You have to realise we (Nigerians) are still evolving our democracy. Perhaps Tinubu is after his own interest perhaps he isn't. The SW had PDP majority leadership for 8+ years and went backwards. It's time to try something different and hope.
Tinubu or not, ACN or not, the PDP's time was up in the region. Now we wait on time to see if the vote was right.

*Tick Tock*
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Adejoro74: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2011
Eko Ile:

Why are you crying on behalf of Yoruba people? Den beg you to help them carry their water bottle ni? Se me see trouble o.

Asiwaju Tinubu remains the most powerful and formidable politician in Nigeria, that you'll have to make peace with sooner or later.

Powerful, formidable=tautology. And Tinubu is not relevant beyond the SW. Let him tell Ngige who to vote for now. Tinubu, the opolo (frog)-eyed rogue.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by enyojo(f): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2011
The greatest mobilizer of the Honorables and their godfathers actually carried the day. Although I like Mulikat adeola-Akande, she didnt do well in that regard. maybe its because no Rich Governor really pulled funds for her to use as some Northern Governors did for Tambuwal.
But it is popularly believed among the Honorables that she simply relied on the PDP zoning and Dane Patience
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by jara: 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2011
It is obvious to those that are not fools -

Tinubu will drive a hot shaft through his mother's guts just for his personal interest.

Eko-Ile,

Good job, working according to your master's voice. You too must be from Iragbiji.

1 Like

Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by 2mch(m): 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2011
Mariory:

You have to realise we (Nigerians) are still evolving our democracy. Perhaps Tinubu is after his own interest perhaps he isn't. The SW had PDP majority leadership for 8+ years and went backwards. It's time to try something different and hope.
Tinubu or not, ACN or not, the PDP's time was up in the region. Now we wait on time to see if the vote was right.

*Tick Tock*

You dont want to be seen as supporting a PDP candidate from your region but you support a PDP candidate from another region behind your people's backs. The candidate that is fond of sharing money with your boy boy in the nass? does that make sense to you? If you dress a pig (PDP) in a dress (another region) it is still a pig. The fact remains that they supported PDP which they were supposed to be fighting against. So definitely PDP is good enough to come back into the SW. They also have good people in their party.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Mariory(m): 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2011
2mch:

You dont want to be seen as supporting a PDP candidate from your region but you support a PDP candidate from another region behind your people's backs. The candidate that is fond of sharing money with your boy boy in the nass? does that make sense to you?

Seriously what are you blabbing about? That crap up there certainly makes no sense to me.

2mch:

If you dress a pig (PDP) in a dress (another region) it is still a pig. The fact remains that they supported PDP which they were supposed to be fighting against. So definitely PDP is good enough to come back into the SW. They also have good people in their party.

Very simplistic view. Since when has politics ever been black and white.

Your suggestion was that ACN members abstain?
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by johnie: 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2011
jara:

This our journalists sef.

Are they insinuating that the ACN members collected money from Tambuwal?
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2011
Adejoro74:

Powerful, formidable=tautology. And Tinubu is not relevant beyond the SW. Let him tell Ngige who to vote for now. Tinubu, the opolo (frog)-eyed rogue.

I wonder why your president dey send presidential jet all the time to fly him to Aso Rock just to beg him for his support.

It's not by force to sound dum.b, please resist the urge.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by 2mch(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2011
Mariory:

Seriously what are you blabbing about? That crap up there certainly makes no sense to me.

Very simplistic view. Since when has politics ever been black and white.

Your suggestion was that ACN members abstain?

You started off as someone that wanted to make some sense in your previous post, but i see that you are just as stupid as you want to believe in your own mind. Wasnt the ACn shouting before that they will not support PDP so that they ban PDP from the SW forever. I am done with lunatics on this forum. You people will stick your head far up anybody's ass that can bring you some light of hope as long as he rapes and plunders from you. Was this not the same Tinubu that tried to sabotage Fashola because he was not getting enough money? This is the end of the road for him. ACN better choose wisely. They can choose to remain in existence or go down with this ship. No more backwardness.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2011
jara:

It is obvious to those that are not fools -

Tinubu will drive a hot shaft through his mother's guts just for his personal interest.

Eko-Ile,

Good job, working according to your master's voice. You too must be from Iragbiji.

You must have looked in the mirror. Sounds close to home hun?
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by otokx(m): 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
These politicians are just one and the same; united in their aim to loot our resources.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2011
2mch:

You started off as someone that wanted to make some sense in your previous post, but i see that you are just as silly as you want to believe in your own mind. Wasnt the ACn shouting before that they will not support PDP so that they ban PDP from the SW forever. I am done with lunatics on this forum. You people will stick your head far up anybody's backside that can bring you some light of hope as long as he despoils and plunders from you. Was this not the same Tinubu that tried to sabotage Fashola because he was not getting enough money? This is the end of the road for him. ACN better choose wisely. They can choose to remain in existence or go down with this ship. No more backwardness.

You are not making any sense. They are members of the house, both candidates are PDP and they had to vote for one of them/PDP candidates.

The question is, was there candidates from other parties beyond the PDP that they should have voted for? Or they simply should have jettisoned their obligations by abstaining by not voting so select the best candidate/Speaker?

State your point and spewing meaningless and senseless rubbish.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Mariory(m): 5:53pm On Jun 07, 2011
2mch:

You started off as someone that wanted to make some sense in your previous post, but i see that you are just as silly as you want to believe in your own mind. Wasnt the ACn shouting before that they will not support PDP so that they ban PDP from the SW forever. I am done with lunatics on this forum. You people will stick your head far up anybody's backside that can bring you some light of hope as long as he despoils and plunders from you. Was this not the same Tinubu that tried to sabotage Fashola because he was not getting enough money? This is the end of the road for him. ACN better choose wisely. They can choose to remain in existence or go down with this ship. No more backwardness.

Clearly you need some kind of help.

Women under Hysteria.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2011
Mariory:

Women under Hysteria.

These clowns obviously have Tinubu Syndrome, they see Tinubu in their sleep.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by 2mch(m): 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2011
Mariory:

Women under Hysteria.
Eko Ile:

These clowns obviously have Tinubu Syndrome, they see Tinubu in their sleep.

When faced with the truth, duck, hide, find an easy escape route. Very ridiculous fellows. What do we expect from Tinubu's arse lickers? Not too much up there, all they see is dollars, pounds or Yen. They will even sell their mothers for cefa.hahahah, Watch your ship crumble. I cant wait. The laughter will be too much.hahahhaa. Who needs a frog eyed area boy? we are too educated for that.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Mariory(m): 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2011
2mch:

When faced with the truth, duck, hide, find an easy escape route. Very ridiculous fellows. What do we expect from Tinubu's arse lickers? Not too much up there, all they see is dollars, pounds or Yen. They will even sell their mothers for cefa.hahahah, Watch your ship crumble. I cant wait. The laughter will be too much.hahahhaa. Who needs a frog eyed area boy? we are too educated for that.

Stop touching yourself and explain where in your infinite wisdom, you think the ACN votes should have gone. This is a simple request so there is no need to hurt that wall by banging your head on it.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by 2mch(m): 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2011
Mariory:

Stop touching yourself and explain where in your infinite wisdom, you think the ACN votes should have gone. This is a simple request so there is no need to hurt that wall by banging your head on it.
Coward keeps waiting till i log out to leave a comment. You are simply retarded*. I thought you were even trying to make some sense, but you tripped over yourself and ended up coming across as a nut head. No need to even mix words with someone that lacks comprehension. Go over the thread again. grin cheesy.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Mariory(m): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2011
2mch:

Coward keeps waiting till i log out to leave a comment. You are simply not-so-smart*. I thought you were even trying to make some sense, but you tripped over yourself and ended up coming across as a nut head. No need to even mix words with someone that lacks comprehension. Go over the thread again. grin cheesy.

O0ok. . .

I guess that request wasn't as simple as I thought. I hope the wood you have developed is worth it.
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by EkoIle1: 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2011
2mch:

Coward keeps waiting till i log out to leave a comment. You are simply not-so-smart*. I thought you were even trying to make some sense, but you tripped over yourself and ended up coming across as a nut head. No need to even mix words with someone that lacks comprehension. Go over the thread again. grin cheesy.

Actually, that was a simple elementary like question. Save your default clownish routine and answer the question.

"Explain where in your infinite wisdom, you think the ACN votes should have gone?"
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Adejoro74: 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2011
Eko Ile:

I wonder why your president dey send presidential jet all the time to fly him to Aso Rock just to beg him for his support.

It's not by force to sound dum.b, please resist the urge.

You wait until GEJ achieves his own aim and then see how Tinubu ends up in the EFFC gulag, like his fellow [b]ole [/b]Bank-ole. GEJ is only strategizing, flying him in a jet lol; it is a rat's race for them all.
After all is said and done.,Tinubu has only led the SW to a political labyrinth. They will need another OBJ to pull them out. Unfortunately, Obj is old and quite senile, now shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by aljharem3: 6:19pm On Jun 07, 2011
grin grin grin grin[b] we hav another political mad man in the house

the first was beaf now it is eko ile shocked shocked shocked shocked
[/b]

chei nigeria don suffer for children/relatives of the elite
Re: Why ACN Supported Tambuwal - Tinubu by Adejoro74: 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2011
The last time I checked, not just Tinubu (ACN), but heads of APGA, ANPP, LP and may be CPC were invited/flown to Abuja. Tinubu is only one among others flying presidential jet for GEJ's own political strategy.

Jonathan meets ACN, ANPP, APGA, other party leaders
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201106022464225

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Nnamdi Kalu Of Radio Biafra Demanding To See His Lawyer Dss Refuse / PDP Alerts Of Plot By APC To Frame Atiku For Gun Running / Igini Didn’t Ask Me To Cancel Election Results In E'udim - INEC Returning Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.