Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? (5763 Views)

Ladies What Do Guys Really Do That Annoys You? / Seriously What Is The Big Deal About Valentine's Day / What Do Guys Really Mean When They Ask A Girl If She Has A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by Amya(f): 11:10pm On Jun 07, 2011
Lord_Reed:

So in other words since we are all in an unpredictable world with no guarantees WTF do you want from a man then?

nothing.
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by Amya(f): 11:12pm On Jun 07, 2011
vislabraye:

When You marry the right guy, you will know grin .

Close ya legs till you wanna get married. When u find the Mr Right, marry him and stay faithful. Guys are not angels you know.

. . .and that guarantees what exactly. . .the perfect man?
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by ronkebp(f): 11:15pm On Jun 07, 2011
Nothing, if they(men) love a lady, they really get hooked for real, but if a lady becomes a play thing, toy to them,and they are not "inlove" then all those things you have said becomes an issue to the lady.
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by Amya(f): 11:28pm On Jun 07, 2011
BABE!:

OP-- your post apply to all of us in general-- By nature, we all are, covetous  and never satisfied- Ultimately,just DO YOU!

don't get what you mean. . .rephrase.
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by Insanity(m): 11:33pm On Jun 07, 2011
@op everything you said here is what i'll say 'bout the ladies too.You buy her gifts,U be mugu,you don't,you are not romantic. A woman can neva be satisfied. So,i'll say its a general issue for both genders. We are all selfish beings,so don't come here n say ;'men this','men that', just live ur life,be yourself,don't mind what people say behind your back,'cuz it only means you r one step ahead,U dig ,
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by Amya(f): 12:07am On Jun 08, 2011
Insanity:

@op everything you said here is what i'll say 'bout the ladies too.You buy her gifts,U be mugu,you don't,you are not romantic. A woman can neva be satisfied. So,i'll say its a general issue for both genders. We are all selfish beings,so don't come here n say ;'men this','men that', just live your life,be yourself,don't mind what people say behind your back,'cuz it only means you r one step ahead,U dig ,

Guys complain about the ladies all the time on Nl. You can open yet another thread about the ladies and there selfishness, but here, it's about the guys and their woes.
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by Nobody: 2:37am On Jun 08, 2011
Amya:

Guys complain about the ladies all the time on Nl. You can open yet another thread about the ladies and there selfishness, but here, it's about the guys and their woes.
I can give you as many disturbing arguments as you gave earlier on 'what do women really want?'
In my view, it's humans who you are puttin on the stage here. Humans, not guys or girls, are complex. Not a few girls will be quick to condemn their guys for an action they would have approved of him only a few days earlier. Calling very often is being too needy for some and is creepy; not calling very often can also be lack of care and concern for some others. Amya, it's a general thing and you dont do justice to the topic by arguing in favour of the girls. We all come across as difficult or pleasant at different times.
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by BABE3: 3:36am On Jun 08, 2011
Amya:

don't get what you mean. . .rephrase.

It's not only guys that are unsure of what they want---It's humans in general.

I said "DO YOU" asin "Be yourself"-- coz, you can't satisfy everybody, so why bother.--?
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by LordReed(m): 9:13am On Jun 08, 2011
Amya:

nothing.

Since you want nothing then why are you surprised with what you do get?
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by MsPotato(f): 9:24am On Jun 08, 2011
Poster, it depends who u meet. If you meet guys like Mr. Cork and 190m of course they will tell u sex but if you meet guys like Lord Reed and Snowdrops, they would tell u to be yourself and show your true colours than they will be the judge of that. grin
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 08, 2011
The power of reshaping men is on women's hands, you give births to us abi. Man here, man there, are women any better?
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by amuukwu1(m): 10:50am On Jun 08, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Mrs.Chima.  seriously, plis when can  I corkynate you? I swaaar ama nice guy. I swaaar! undecided

'corkynate', new dictionary word?
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by kpolli(m): 11:19am On Jun 08, 2011
poster, wat did man do to u this time oooo,
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2011
Nothing dey hear
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by Sagamite(m): 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2011
Amya:

I know this issue's been drummed time and time again, but i guess i still want to know how the male brains work. What do guys really want? Okay, we know guys are visual people and they are attracted to beautiful women ( naturally) But Being all these cannot guarantee you a good guy willing to keep his willy in check.

On the question of Submissive, good, nice and soft women that take their partners as their lords, the men are divided on that. Some say they want strong independent women that's capable of holding her own any day, and some others prefer the soft women that stroke their egos. But neither of these women personalities would a guy see any day and say, I'm home! If possible, they'd want both type woman personality on one person depending on their mood.

You basically answered your own question. Seems you know the answers since these were clues I would have given you based on the question of the topic.

Amya:

Men are confused creatures, if you're extremely nice, they'd make jokes about you to their friends on what a suck up you are, and how desperate you must be to take all the poo they dish to you.The girl on the other hand may really love the dude and just want's to do stuff that pleases her boo. If on the other hand, you are cold, bitchy and the exact opposite of nice, you earn many a brunt joke about how your heart must be broken a thousand times, and how it'll be broken a million times. If the lady balances the the two personality in moderate proportion, worse. They'll call you a desperado who's had her hearts broken a million times.

You meet someone who matches your chemistry, you Zap them, you become THE CHEAP LovePeddler!

You resist them, and they'll chase you with everything they've got. They'll lie they love you, they'll even promise you marriage . . .spoil you with money and blackberrys, they'll do every thing they possibly can to mess you, and when they finally succeed, you become THE CHEAP LovePeddler! they'd boast to their friends of how they finally got the 'hard to get b.itch', sometimes even giving graphic description of the 'act'.

If the girl is fortunate to see through the guy and he becomes the unfortunate dude who doesn't get the backside after investing so much time money and energy for the thing beneath her skirt, they become fictitious writers, creating stories about how beloved number three was shagged by them, and how she turned out to be indeed the frigid shrew. which is at par to cheap LovePeddler.

You wear make-up, they say you are fake. . . You go natural, they throw jibes at how it seems make up is afraid of your face.

You are witty. . . they say you are a talkative . . . you don't talk . . . they say you have self esteem issues.

Anyways, there's just no pleasing them!

. . .and of course there are exceptions. . . grin

Now since you are clued up on the foundations that potentially give you a chance of happiness with a man, let me provide you with the next set of clues that will facilitate this.

Here it is, please listen carefully. I want your full concentration.

Are you listening?

Okay!

Hear me:

Stop fcking choosing arseholes. Make good choices in men you go out with or give a chance.

It is most likely your fault you are ending up with men like these since it is the woman that normally complete the signing that starts a relationship as they are the ones being chased.

If you end up with extreme arseholes like you described, it is probably because you chose arseholes or you made good guys like this based on not providing the foundations.

If bad guys turn you on and you go for bad guys stop moaning when they actually are what they are. Bad!
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by omoekoni(m): 12:30pm On Jun 08, 2011
We are predators and women are our prey, what do predators want?, to chase and to conquer. simples.

Besides, instead of expecting anything from a guy, why don't you just be all you can be in life and just have sex when you feel like without any strings or expectations? if you don't expect anything then you'll never be disappointed!

Men and women are totally different, we will never understand women and women will never understand us because we operate on a different frequency. Thats how it is and thats how it will always be until the end of time.

So instead of moaning and complaining, just focus on yourself and your ambitions, plus, remember you came into this world to be all you can be, and if during that process, you get Hot, then, just have sex, wait a minute, i just decribed a guy grin
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by MMM2(m): 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2011
i want Womanliness,

so i give u money and u give me Womanliness. undecided
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by MrCork17: 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2011
i dont really want puuunny! undecided
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by yesboss20(m): 12:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
@POSTER, u got it all wrong. Da questn has always been: what do women want? Evry1 knws wot men want. That's like da most straight-forward answer!
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by MsPotato(f): 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2011
omoekoni:

We are predators and women are our prey, what do predators want?, to chase and to conquer. simples.

Besides, instead of expecting anything from a guy, why don't you just be all you can be in life and just have sex when you feel like without any strings or expectations? if you don't expect anything then you'll never be disappointed!

Men and women are totally different, we will never understand women and women will never understand us because we operate on a different frequency. Thats how it is and thats how it will always be until the end of time.

So instead of moaning and complaining, just focus on yourself and your ambitions, plus, remember you came into this world to be all you can be, and if during that process, you get Hot, then, just have sex, wait a minute, i just decribed a guy grin

LMAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by mcdante(m): 1:14pm On Jun 08, 2011
hmmm. what do i say to u poster? undecided
just be yourself and move on.
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by MeganC(f): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2011
I would say, men want the same what we want. They want to be love and needed. But the best relationship is when both serve the LORD.  Men are human and there are decent, loving, caring, unselfish men and when we wait in the LORD's perfect time He will sent you Mr. Right. I myself used hate and despise men, but most woman are not much better then they are. We are all human, some are selfish and self centered but in all of us there is a good side, a good person. God have so much confidence in us, when we have given up hope already. I also had gone through some rough relationships and sometimes we as woman don't respect ourselves, but we expect respect from men?? When you serve the LORD, He knows everything about you, sometimes even things we ourselves don't know. And to your surprise he gives you someone that understands you, respect you, love you for who you are, let you feel needed, special, precious, beautiful, loves you unconditionally. And you can be yourself around that person, you can talk anything with that person and he will not judge you, but love you and help you through whatever storm. And with God as your Rock, absolutely nothing and no-one can harm you, but the LORD will always give you strenght and Wisdom to make the best of any relationship.
God bless xxxxxxxx
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by IyaBasira: 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
Sagamite:

You basically answered your own question. Seems you know the answers since these were clues I would have given you based on the question of the topic.

Now since you are clued up on the foundations that potentially give you a chance of happiness with a man, let me provide you with the next set of clues that will facilitate this.

Are you listening?

Okay!

Hear me:

Stop fcking choosing arseholes. Make good choices in men you go out with or give a chance.

It is most likely your fault you are ending up with men like these since it is the woman that normally complete the signing that starts a relationship as they are the ones being chased.

If you end up with extreme arseholes like you described, it is probably because you chose arseholes or you made good guys like this based on not providing the foundations.

If bad guys turn you on and you go for bad guys stop moaning when they actually are what they are. Bad!

That's not necessarily true. First of all , you can never know who turns out to be an ass hole.  There are guys that no matter how nice you were to them while you were going out, when you've had enough of them and break up they start running around telling tales. I've seen situations where the guy was an ok guy with his first gf, and never cheated on her until the first girl dumped him, and when he gets a second girl he basically starts treating her like shit i.e cheats , tell lies about her and so on. In that situation there is no way the second girl could possibly have known that he was going to do all those things. Because even if she does all the research on his character before she met him, there's no way of predicting what the guy can do in the future.

All I'm saying is that yes, some girls do go for bad boys but at other times the boy may just be a bad guy pretending to be good. And we all know that even if a girl was to go around asking all his friends about his character they would never tell her the truth because after all, boys have each other's backs and wouldn't want to spoil their friend's chances of getting laid.
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by eewule(m): 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
I THINK: WOMEN SHARE THE BLAME FOR THE WAY GUYS SEE THEM AS SEX SYMBOLS ONLY.

WHEN MOST LADIES DRESS IN SHO-BELLE BLOWSE AND HOT SKIRTS WITH THREE QUARTER OF THEIR LEGS VISIBLE (IN THE NAME OF FASHION)

ALL A GUY SEE WHEN THEY LOOK AT YOU IS A WALKING P*SSY (NOT AN INDIVIDUAL)

ON THE OTHERV HAND - A DECENTLY DRESSED YOUNG LADY WILL ALWAY RECEIVE SOME LEVEL OF RESPECT FROM ANY MAN.

- IN ESSENCE : THE LATEST TRENDS IN LADIES FASHION OVER THE YEARS HAS REDUCED WOMEN IN GENERAL, IN THE EYES OF MOST GUYS - AS REPRESENTING NOTHING BUT SEX

AND HENCE THEY TREAT YOU THAT WAY.
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by Sagamite(m): 2:32pm On Jun 08, 2011
omoekoni:

This is not a sufficient or ideal advice!

Women natural tend to be creatures that need company, they need and want emotional interactions. That is why I have frequently said marriage is for women.

You can't tell most of them just to live their lives. In a woman's world, that is a miserable life.

IyaBasira:

That's not necessarily true. First of all , you can never know who turns out to be an backside hole.  There are guys that no matter how nice you were to them while you were going out, when you've had enough of them and break up they start running around telling tales. I've seen situations where the guy was an ok guy with his first gf, and never cheated on her until the first girl dumped him, and when he gets a second girl he basically starts treating her like poo i.e cheats , tell lies about her and so on. In that situation there is no way the second girl could possibly have known that he was going to do all those things. Because even if she does all the research on his character before she met him, there's no way of predicting what the guy can do in the future.

All I'm saying is that yes, some girls do go for bad boys but at other times the boy may just be a bad guy pretending to be good. And we all know that even if a girl was to go around asking all his friends about his character they would never tell her the truth because after all, boys have each other's backs and wouldn't want to spoil their friend's chances of getting laid.

You are right. But I never said it was necessarily true.

Sagamite:

Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by LordReed(m): 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Poster, it depends who u meet. If you meet guys like Mr. Cork and 190m of course they will tell u sex but if you meet guys like Lord Reed and Snowdrops, they would tell u to be yourself and show your true colours than they will be the judge of that.  grin

Baby you are too much.

Sagamite:

Are you listening?

Okay!

Hear me:

Sense!
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by oneuniquemind(m): 2:35pm On Jun 08, 2011
How 'l u see nd knw wat guyz rili want wen u'r blinded by material tins.d gud 1 u'l not date.Na Lie?
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by otokx(m): 2:58pm On Jun 08, 2011
akonuche lady
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by felifeli: 3:56pm On Jun 08, 2011
What do men want ? Depends on the age certainly . I order of preference :
1. a big penis
2. a lot of money
3. a nymphomaniac girlfriend or several
4. a great car
5. good food
6. 24 hours a day sex

, still thinking about what else to add
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by felifeli: 3:58pm On Jun 08, 2011
who wrote "manliness ". I said pen.i.s
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by Gbenge77(m): 4:10pm On Jun 08, 2011
More frequently than not,they want s*x.
Re: But Seriously, What Do Guys Really Want? by 190: 4:10pm On Jun 08, 2011
felifeli:

who wrote "manliness ". I said pen.i.s

^ROTFLFMAOOOOO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did Some Men Hate Their Wife,after Given Birth To Two Or More Children? / Young Boy Shows The World His Package ( Photo ) / What Is Your Turn Off In A Lady??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.