Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! (2127 Views)

Here Is Why You Shouldnt Give Up On Average Looking Girls[photo] / Things An Average-looking Guy Can Do To Increase His 'market Value' / Things An "Average-Looking" Girl Can Do That Will Increase Her "Market Value" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Advocator: 11:30pm On Jun 07, 2011
A survey data that has been done in Canada indicates that attractive people enjoy more economic benefits, including a larger salary and a high-earning spouse than average-looking people or hideous people.

It has in CP24 Toronto newspaper today but I can't seem to relocate it online. Anyways here is another web that claims the same.

http://www.hilltopviewsonline.com/study-finds-pretty-people-happier-1.2185023

What do you think people? Do you agree? Do you disagree?
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Amya(f): 11:33pm On Jun 07, 2011
So not true! get your facts right
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by 190: 11:34pm On Jun 07, 2011
canada is not nigeria angry angry
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Advocator: 11:34pm On Jun 07, 2011
Amya:

get your facts right

The author ain't me drunk woman!
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Amya(f): 11:35pm On Jun 07, 2011
i believe they may have more economic advantage, but that doesn't directly translate to happiness.
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Advocator: 11:36pm On Jun 07, 2011
We can also rephrase the question as this "Does being attractive makes you more happier? Try answering this question, and don't answer with YES & NO!
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Advocator: 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2011
Amya:

i believe they may have more economic advantage, but that doesn't directly translate to happiness.

On a related note, attractiveness can be a bi-product of happiness. I believe that people are often attracted to people who enjoy life & feel good about themselves and a certain energy radiates through when someone feels confident and beautiful on the inside, and it shows outwardly.

it's not the only factor. but I find that it's a big one. Thats my opinion.
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Amya(f): 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2011
[/quote][quote author=Advocator link=topic=685350.msg8475326#msg8475326 date=1307486086]
The author ain't me drunk woman!

i'm not even going to dignify this with a response. But seriously, you are good.
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Amya(f): 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2011
Advocator:

On a related note, attractiveness can be a bi-product of happiness. I believe that people are often attracted to people who enjoy life & feel good about themselves and a certain energy radiates through when someone feels confident and beautiful on the inside, and it shows outwardly.

it's not the only factor. but I find that it's a big one. Thats my opinion.
[quote][/quote]

An outward radiation of happiness does not mean a person is happy. To the world, i may look happy, but only i and i alone really know if I'm happy.
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Advocator: 11:42pm On Jun 07, 2011
Amya:

i'm not even going to dignify this with a response. But seriously, you are good.

The question is, do you even have a dignity? smiley I posted an articles with its link & u started addressing it. Really?

Amya:

So not true! get your facts right
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Advocator: 11:47pm On Jun 07, 2011
Amya:

An outward radiation of happiness does not mean a person is happy. To the world, i may look happy, but only i and i alone really know if I'm happy.
Precisely. But if you look from another perspective, its hard to feel confident when you feel unattractive*especially women* That triggers to the introspect of being insecure, unconfident, ugly inside & outside which further leads to being unhappy.

Again this is my opinion!
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by upendo98(f): 11:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
Oh dear God.these westerners will carry out research on anything and everything.See here in Africa we are busy trying to improve economically and look for food/jobs while they are busy asking why they are obese,enjoying life sleeping too much etc.I do research but some things just don't apply to Africa and never will. Lets us read and leave some things where they belong because then we end up really feeling inferior,frustrated and idolising the west. Happiness + Beauty+ Benefits? no i tend to disagree.Check out the celebs. Diana died a very unhappy woman Yet She had it all.
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Advocator: 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2011
upendo 98:

Oh dear God.these westerners will carry out research on anything and everything.See here in Africa we are busy trying to improve economically and look for food/jobs while they are busy asking why they are obese,enjoying life sleeping too much etc.I do research but some things just don't apply to Africa and never will. Lets us read and leave some things where they belong because then we end up really feeling inferior,frustrated and idolising the west. Happiness + Beauty+ Benefits? no i tend to disagree.Check out the celebs. Diana died a very unhappy woman Yet She had it all.

One beautiful woman dies while unhappy; is that your whole argument. Cmon now!
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by upendo98(f): 11:59pm On Jun 07, 2011
"Does being attractive makes you more happier? Try answering this question, and don't answer with YES & NO!

Answer : NO
Reason: From personal experience.Yes I am attractive but it doesnt contribute to my happiness at all. I know what makes me happy.It doesnt give me raise in salary or favours anywhere.I just work hard like every other person. Are models that happy? really ? if they are am going there.
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Advocator: 12:01am On Jun 08, 2011
upendo 98:

"Does being attractive makes you more happier? Try answering this question, and don't answer with YES & NO!

Answer : NO[b][/b]Reason: From personal experience.Yes I am attractive but it doesnt contribute to my happiness at all. I know what makes me happy.It doesnt give me raise in salary or favours anywhere.I just work hard like every other person. Are models that happy? really ? if they are am going there.

You expect us to believe you're attractive becuz you claimed so?
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by upendo98(f): 12:12am On Jun 08, 2011
Mr.Advocator,'I dont believe anybody is ugly.I dont even categorise people as 'average looking 'etc. Sorry.I think I just answered it the way you wanted. That research doesnt hold, is the point I am trying to drive home.Every woman/man created in God's image is beautiful.It doesnt matter whether they are lame/burnt/scarred.OH YES no apologies.If you disagree ask Him above not me. Another thing Mr.Advocator,I don't get personal at all.You are a handsome young man aren't you? so thank God for that and appreciate His creation.OK? cheers.
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Topsoldier: 12:28am On Jun 08, 2011
i agree true true veri true.

ugly people re never happy.
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 08, 2011
So true
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Topsoldier: 12:40am On Jun 08, 2011
REALITY101:

So true

that makes us 2, wow today u re makin sense. undecided
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 08, 2011
Topsoldier:

that makes us 2, wow today u re makin sense. undecided

Uumm Sir/Ma'am do I know u or something? undecided
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by african1(f): 1:49am On Jun 08, 2011
Maybe or maybe not. I think though the main reason is that because of these numbers people are more self conscious, and God help me but I think that is hilarious.Lol
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by MsPotato(f): 1:53am On Jun 08, 2011
Why did Anna Nicole Smith hate herself that much to be smoking, taking drugs like she poison herself to death?
I heard Marilyn Monroe is the same thing.

And I heard Halle Berry hated herself on how she looks.

and so on

BRB
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 08, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Why did Anna Nicole Smith hate herself that much to be smoking, taking drugs like she poison herself to death?

and so on

BRB

And why do you always sound like you got pipe in your hand ? undecided
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by iice(f): 2:20am On Jun 08, 2011
Story.
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 08, 2011
Why is it story? are u bad looking and happy? undecided cheesy
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by iice(f): 2:23am On Jun 08, 2011
Yes. Did that stop you from pooing? No.
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Blazay(m): 2:25am On Jun 08, 2011
Damn right!
It is called e-badu belle and e-jolosi syndrome! cheesy

Who wanno be a 'blackie wor-wor'?
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Nobody: 2:25am On Jun 08, 2011
iice:

Yes. Did that stop you from pooing? No.

Your nasty cheesy
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Pweety4me(f): 2:37am On Jun 08, 2011
Stupidity! looks do not make 1 truelly happy!!
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Topsoldier: 2:47am On Jun 08, 2011
REALITY101:

Uumm Sir/Ma'am do I know u or something? undecided

I'm sir nd no u don't know me so carry on.

Ms. Potato:

and so on

BRB

u re talking as if u are an ugly person in real life. this puddy is true, ugly people are veri unhappy compared to

hot people so shut up will u? sad
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by Emeka72(m): 4:27am On Jun 08, 2011
Is attractive people refering 2 boys or girls?
Re: Attractive People Are Generally Happier Than Average-looking People! by MsPotato(f): 4:29am On Jun 08, 2011
Topsoldier:

I'm sir nd no u don't know me so carry on.

u re talking as if u are an ugly person in real life. this puddy is true, ugly people are veri unhappy compared to

hot people so shut up will u?  sad

U must be an 1mb3c1l3 to be talking. Im referring to people whom are famously known to be beautiful and handsome duh. Are u blind? Wasnt even referring to myself so why dont you go one side and poo on yourself and next time read carefully before you speak piece of sh1t!  angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Become Friends With Benefit With My Ex? / 15 Reasons You’re Still Single!!!!!!!! / My Friend Is Lodging With His Girlfriend In My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.