Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes (18644 Views)

See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos / Africa's Top Ten Cities To Live In-Forbes / Fastjet Agrees To Form Low-cost Airline With Nigeria’s Red 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by aljharem3: 5:56am On Jun 08, 2011
With the pace things are going, it will only be a matter of time before the immediate past governor of Lagos State , Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, gets his name listed in the Forbes world’s richest list. Recent information reaching us is that the leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has actually acquired the troubled Bellview Airlines of Dr. Kayode Odukoya and has in fact rechristened it First Nation Airline.
Though the airline has not begun flight operations, the Jagaban Bornu has acquired some aircraft to herald the smooth take-off of the business. Those who have seen the new aircraft parked at the domestic wing of the MMA 2 claimed that they have the same colour with the Tinubu-owned The Nation newspaper.
Though the amount the master politician purchased the airline could not be confirmed at the time of going to press, it will no doubt set the former governor back by millions of dollars. I[b]n fact, Aviation workers claimed that the ex-governor could not have paid anything less than $300 million for the acquisition of the airline.
It would be recalled that Chief Jimoh Ibrahim had earlier bought EAS Airlines, which he starved of funds before he later bought 49 percent shares of Virgin Nigeria  which cannot be said to be in a steadier state than Bellview  for more than $250 million.[/b]
We also gathered that in the politician’s strategy to shield his investment in the airline he decided to appoint the immediate past Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer of the company, Dr. Kayode Odukoya as the Chairman of the airline. This is not the first time the politician would do such. Tinubu’s Commissioner for Information and Strategic Planning when he was the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Dele Alake is the man at the helm of affairs at the broadcasting outfit  Radio and Television Continental, also owned by the Asiwaju of Lagos.
A recent visit to the Ikosi office of the TV/Radio Continental further lays credence to Tinubu’s stupendous wealth. If he’s truly the owner of the companies linked to him, it is just a matter of time before Forbes list names him among the richest men in the world, as the structure that is being put in place there can only be rivaled by that of the satellite news station Aljazeera, and is believed to be in the range of hundreds of millions.

It was gathered that the man popularly called Asiwaju because of his chieftaincy title recently took over the cable TV that is gradually fading out of the market because of the right to beam the English Premier league that was takening away from it last year when the owner could not get a bank guaranty to enable it pay for the right. The involvement of the master political strategist may have brought a new lease of life into the cable station.
The accountant turned politician has also been linked to many properties outside the shores of this country, most especially in neighbouring Ghana . This is making many to wonder if the former director of Mobil Producing Nigeria is getting money from other sources other than politics.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/entertainment/98519-bola-tinubu-acquires-kayode-odukoya%E2%80%99s-bellview-airline.html

Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by aljharem3: 5:58am On Jun 08, 2011
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by aljharem3: 6:05am On Jun 08, 2011
wonders shall never end shocked shocked shocked

so tinubu is this rich while his people suffer
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 08, 2011
let me check to be sure this is not another rumuor mungering,just hold on a second

1 Like

Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by aljharem3: 6:20am On Jun 08, 2011
there is noting pesin no go see for this world

is this not the same leader his people have hope in
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 08, 2011
^^^ kudos to tinubu for investing his loot grin grin grin at home,if others follow suit,job creation will be enhanced.
and u,but the beaf aside,atleast he is better than ibori and the son of igbinedion
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 08, 2011
Poster, i need more pics not some Passport photo
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EkoIle1: 7:07am On Jun 08, 2011
How hard is it for a man like Tinubu or any other credible investor to secure a freeking loan to buy an existing airline?

What is the man is the front man for some other investors?

With the sad rate of ignorance and stupidity many young Nigerians are displaying all over the place, that country is in serious trouble.

This is really pathetic,
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by BigB11(m): 7:08am On Jun 08, 2011
People like Tinubu will never exist in a well structured and organized Nigeria.
People like this never want to see Nigeria @ a certain level; they feel that they've figured it all out, but it is a matter of time for Nigerians to take control of their control.
Things are changing, Nigeria is getting there day after day and Nigerians are getting smarter; it is a matter of time for folks like Tinubu to go down with the uncivilized ways of doing things and defective system that has eaten up the foundation of this great nation.

This is also the main reason why Tinubu prefers the governor of Lagos not to be bigger than himself. He will continue to pick none politician and a passive entity as Lagos state governor.

The question is: For how long can he stop the rain?

Everyday belongs to the thief and only one day belongs to the real owner.

That day is around the corner.

Trust me, it's a matter of time.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EkoIle1: 7:17am On Jun 08, 2011

Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EkoIle1: 7:21am On Jun 08, 2011
Big B1:

People like Tinubu will never exist in a well structured and organized Nigeria.
People like this never want to see Nigeria @ a certain level; they feel that they've figured it all out, but it is a matter of time for Nigerians to take control of their control.
Things are changing, Nigeria is getting there day after day and Nigerians are getting smarter; it is a matter of time for folks like Tinubu to go down with the uncivilized ways of doing things and defective system that has eaten the foundation of this great nation.

This is also the main reason why Tinubu prefers the governor of Lagos not to be bigger than himself. He will continue to pick none politician and a passive entity as Lagos state governor.

The question is:For how long can he stop the rain?

Everyday belongs to the thief and only one day belongs to the real owner.

That day is around the corner.

Trust me, it a matter of time.

And when that time comes, Asiwaju go don by more companies, more planes, create more jobs for thousands of unemployed Nigerians, develop the SW, but you go still dey here yelling all over the place with your misplaced anger and bad bele.

How I wish and pray that rich Nigerians invest and crate jobs like this smart Nigerian.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EkoIle1: 7:30am On Jun 08, 2011
First Nation Airways, which has been certified by the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) to begin operations next month said it is prepared to offer seamless in-flight services with some of the best equipment, just as it sees great opportunity in the sector.

The airline had already taken delivery of three A320 aircraft, with six more to be delivered before the end of next month. It is the first airline to operate that brand of aircraft.

An airline in the country reputed for its wide route network operates the A340-500 type on its international routes.

The development could afford Airbus the opportunity to make more inroads into the nation’s travel market. Boeing, the American aircraft giants controls over 80 per cent of aircraft operating in Nigeria.[b]

The first aircraft flew into Nigeria from Montreal, Canada via Glasgow, Scotland last week.

The cabin is made up of eight business class and 138-comfort class, in all new leather seats with in-flight entertainment, including air show and screens, for enhanced passenger comfort.

First Nation is currently conducting flight proofing as part of NCAA certification process.

Spokesperson for the airline, Mrs. Ronke Kilaso, said in Lagos that the airline was an independent and separate entity from Bellview, stressing that it would benefit from the wealth of experience of some of the former senior management of Bellview Airlines.

She stated that the airline has appointed a European Air Safety Agency (EASA) 145 as maintenance service provider.

Airbus industries, British Midland and Oxford Aviation Academy are expected to provide training for the airline’s engineers, pilots and cabin crew.

NAHCO Aviance has been selected as handlers to support First Nation, after an extensive tender process.

The Airbus A320 is the most fuel-efficient single aisle aircraft in its category and bedrock of the fleet of major European carriers from British Airways, Lufthansa, Air France, United, U.S. Airways, Jet Blue, among others.

In fact, it is today the most successful single aisle aircraft, now certified for Nigeria for the first time by First Nation Airways.

According to her, First Nation Airways will initially serve Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Kano as from May 2011, before expanding to other areas, as more aircraft are delivered.

“The airline will be headed by an expatriate as chief operating officer and managing director, while the board will be chaired by Mr. Kayode Odukoya, she added.

Nevertheless, the burgeoning increase and demand for re-structuring and re-organization within the African airline industry marks an important step on the road to financial recovery.
[/b]
http://marketingworldmag.com/wp/can-first-nation-provide-the-missing-link-in-nigerian-airline-industry.html

This is what we need. First class investment, manpower and knowledge transfer.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 08, 2011
@Poster, that plane in not in International Airport lagos, i wonder since when we have high landscape in that part
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by matemate: 7:36am On Jun 08, 2011
whta
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by EkoIle1: 7:43am On Jun 08, 2011
odiaero:

@Poster, that plane in not in International Airport lagos, i wonder since when we have high landscape in that part

The first three of five A320-212's for new Nigerian start-up carrier First Nation Airways passed through Glasgow International (Abbotsinch) (GLA/EGPF) on April 8, 2011. The carrier was created following the demise of Bellview Airlines. The aircraft are all ex Gulf Air machines.

http://aeropacific..com/2011/04/first-nationa-airways-a320-320s-pass.html
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by enyojo(f): 8:45am On Jun 08, 2011
Na lie!!
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Mynd44: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2011
How long did it take the EFCC to arrest and charge Bankole? if this guy is so bad why are they dragging their foot? Answer, you people have no case
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by isuomo: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2011
I shudder at how rumours and lies pass for the truth in Nigeria embarassed Please everyone on nairaland read carefully, Firstnation airline has nothing to do whatsoever with Bola Ahmed Tinubu, i know the owners and though i am not obliged to name them anyone can go to CAC and find out, all i can say is that BellView has a big say in the ownership with some new investors including a recent state governor from the SW of Nigeria. Please do not believe the lies i know everything about this new airline because i was fully involved from the onset if however you choose to believe that it is Tinubu's God bless your beer parlour ignorance. The thing is we were all laughing in my office when this news broke a few days ago, the guys that brokered the multi-lateral financing and sourced the loans from several banks abroad all saw the funny side of the story and it was not after the story highlighted the similarity with Nation newspaper that we noticed it.
This airline has nothing to do with Tinubu and please dont go out to beer parlours and pepper soup joints to spread falsehood. We know the owners and Tinubu is not. Haba!!!! naija and unsubstantiated stories.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by enyojo(f): 11:22am On Jun 08, 2011
^^^ Simply call the name here and now or stop ur PR posts.
I don't hate Tinubu at all. I simply know he is not a saint. His undue influence over Fashola I hate, yet I admire his contributions in check-mating PDP dollar for dollar, Newspaper for Newspaper, TV station (TVC) for TV station (NTA), Radio(FRCN) for Radio (RCont etc).
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Jakumo(m): 11:38am On Jun 08, 2011
Nice Airbus, and very nice paintjob.

For engine power and rough-weather stability, that A320 beats the Embraer195 regional jet used by Nigeria's other airline, hands down, but for shark-like sleek sexiness, the Embraer195 does have serious appeal, fer sure.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by BigB11(m): 12:05pm On Jun 08, 2011
And when that time comes, Asiwaju go don by more companies, more planes, create more jobs for thousands of unemployed Nigerians, develop the SW, but you go still dey here yelling all over the place with your misplaced anger and bad bele.

How I wish and pray that rich Nigerians invest and crate jobs like this smart Nigerian.

Dr. Eko Ile:
1stly, I can never have bad belly for anybody (especially, for a group of lowlife politicians that continues to suck the blood of our nation) simply because I have done it, been there and even have 2 or 3 t-shirts to show for it.
2ndly, I can not blame you for posting such a f00lish comment because you can not miss what you do not know.
3rdly, How can we ever witness competent and honest leaders in this country when we still have genius like you around? Folks like you are the ones that we pray to never return back home; obviously the little crumbs you're able to eat has placed you into a permanent darkness. And I doubt it if you'll ever recover from it.
Finally, your hero himself happens to be very smart and clearly knows where my post is coming from, and I can assure you with confidence that his time is around the corner; he can not stop the rain forever.
Nigerians are smarter, stronger and ready to experience genuine leadership; and not the imposter leaders we currently have, that will chop 90 kobo and distribute 10 kobo among the citizens they're leading.

How I hope all Nigerians can come together as one and rescue this lovely nation from blood suckers, lowlife politicians that have capitalized upon this country sad and difficult situation for personal gain. And yet the most despicable part of it all is the fact that some of us (Eko Ile) are still here singing hallelujah behind these bastards. I guess, it is true that we have a long way to go.

I know too much, I've seen enough and completely understand what is on ground in Nigeria, hence, Asiwaju or what ever you call him is not my leader, can never be and will never be.
Sorry!

This is not hating, this is simply the way I feel; Tinubu is too small for me to hate. Trust me.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by oderemo(m): 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2011
This airline has nothing to do with Tinubu and please dont go out to beer parlours and pepper soup joints to spread falsehood. We know the owners and Tinubu is not. Haba!!!! naija and unsubstantiated stories.
if as u said its all REG.@CAC, that become public knowledge, so y hide the names if at all u know the owner/owners.
your pr staunt will not wash bro.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Wizardofoz: 12:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
Impressive!

Imposed Remi Tinubu on us               check
Withdraws N2Billion every month      check
Attacks HID Awolowo                         check
Buys contested election judgement   check
Started off with $18000/yr at Mobil   check
Funded NADECO with drug money     check

Buys Belleview with Tax payers money   PRICELESS!

For Tinubu's insatiable lust for power, there is a lot of gullible Nigerians!

Private business before venturing into politics              UNKNOWN!

Tinubu's coronation as ASIWAJU of Yorubaland              DONE!
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Kobojunkie: 12:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
roflmao!!

Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Boyoorisha: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2011
who do you know among his people that are suffering
alj_harem:

wonders shall never end shocked shocked shocked

so tinubu is this rich while his people suffer
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Wizardofoz: 12:44pm On Jun 08, 2011
Jakumo:

For engine power and rough-weather stability, that A320 beats the Embraer195 regional jet used by Nigeria's other airline, hands down, but for shark-like sleek sexiness, the Embraer195 does have serious appeal, fer sure.

But for safety, please give me the Embraer ANY TIME ANY DAY!

Within the US, I only fly the Embraer brand. Cross-continent, any of the 740s please.

Airbus can shove it!

Thank you
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by Wizardofoz: 12:59pm On Jun 08, 2011
Eko Ile:

How hard is it for a man like Tinubu or any other credible investor to secure a freeking loan to buy an existing airline?

What is the man is the front man for some other investors?

With the sad rate of ignorance and stupidity many young Nigerians are displaying all over the place, that country is in serious trouble.

This is really pathetic,

You are stooooopid beyond imagination.
The funniest thing is, you seem to take yourself too seriously. Somehow, you think you have some superior knowledge and insight WRT Lagos politics and good governance.

Listen here billy boy, you dont make sense at all.

Why would or should he be fronts for investors? Even if he were, shouldnt that send off alarm bells in your head that something isnt right here?
For comparison, Why would Obama or Rahm Emmanuel act as fronts for would-be investors if he or the investors arent hiding something?

How hard is it for Tinubu to invest in Bellview? Very hard. How much does he make every year? How much does he have in his bank account? How much is he worth? For someone who hasnt held any job since leaving office.

In as much as Tinubu, like any one else in the country, is free to do what they so wish with their money, all we are asking for is accountability. Especially for a former Governor and a self-proclaimed 'progressive' that is not too much to ask, or is it?
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by OmoTier1(m): 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2011
Jakumo:

Dude, aircraft buisness got nothing to do with appeal!

A320 has her place but for faster Airport turn around <20mins, then give it to E195. Same goes for better climb performance, low service ceiling cruise then you can tip E195. However for fuel efficiency overall (especially for cruise), cargo, then A320 is your take.

But for me, with my working insight into many Airbus aircrafts, apart from the A330s, (Growth),A340 -500, A340-600 (Enhanced) which are all long hauls, I will pitch my tent with the Q-4s, Q-8s, E195, B737NX for short haul, quick climb and mid-service cruise like LOS - PH, LOS-BNI LOS-ABV.

For regional west Africa, sure its got to be A320-212retro or B737NX never A321! That is a no no fuel killer, lazy climb bird and long for nothing tolo-tolo.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by manny4life(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2011
The topic is and response is quite misleading; did he buy it out or he invested into it, which one is it?

Well good one, but that news is somewhat incorrect or exaggerated because they said

In fact, Aviation workers claimed that the ex-governor could not have paid anything less than $300 million for the acquisition of the airline.

$300 million? Does anyone know how much is $300 million? How much non-depreciated assets (market value) not book value does Bellview Airline have? IMO, this is somewhat of a questionable transaction. In all, I give it to him,

As for those talking about Aircraft, I'm no engineer and won't claim to it but people have often preferred the newer regional aircraft than the Airbus model, Hey what do I know. I would rather fly on on 737 than airbus just my though. Besides, Regional have more safety records than Airbus does, again IMO.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by member67023: 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2011
When will Nigerian politicians ever learn.

After pressing calculator for expected daily revenue (Estimate of 120passengers X N20k = N2.4M/per average domestic flight) , they think it is a get-rich-quick scheme/investment.
Marwa wasted his stolen loot on AL-BARKA AIR. His rusted, scrap and junk planes are still littered all around the countries airports.
Now this Tinibu is investing in the same Air industry.

Another money miss road.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by OmoTier1(m): 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2011
manny4life:

The topic is and response is quite misleading; did he buy it out or he invested into it, which one is it?

Well good one, but that news is somewhat incorrect or exaggerated because they said

In fact, Aviation workers claimed that the ex-governor could not have paid anything less than $300 million for the acquisition of the airline.

$300 million? Does anyone know how much is $300 million? How much non-depreciated assets (market value) not book value does Bellview Airline have? IMO, this is somewhat of a questionable transaction. In all, I give it to him,

As for those talking about Aircraft, I'm no engineer and won't claim to it but people have often preferred the newer regional aircraft than the Airbus model, Hey what do I know. I would rather fly on on 737 than airbus just my though.
Do not forget, since they are buying BellView, then many service agreement buyout MAY likely be involved, so yeah the cost of $300million isnt far off.

As for preference for new models of regional Aircraft, its a no brainer that new models have better performance ceiling compared to old ones. More so, most new model regional aircraft are more likely to be Turbo-props, meaning future take-off noise restriction may have little effect on them especially with EU's policy on noise. Ever close to the Airport to hear the sonic boom of these jet engines, with thier clinging fairlings, under carraiges etc.
Re: Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes by koins: 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2011
Well, the man is still better off those people that carry all the money abroad. Indirectly, he is creating employment for some people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"My Nasty Encounter With South African High Commission" / Passengers Protesting Non Availability Of BRT Buses At Ogolonto Terminal - Photo / Italy, Spain And Ireland In Original Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.