Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,411 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Impolite Language Used By Glo Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Impolite Language Used By Glo Network (2767 Views)

I Have Been Scammed By Glo. / I Have Been Migrated Automatically From Infinito Plan To Glogista Plan By Glo / Nigerians Dumping Glo Network For Airtel, Etisalat, & MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by thelma2(f): 12:34pm On Feb 14, 2006
Fellow GLO users, am sure you must have noticed the language used when you want to access your balance on your GLO network. You get to see this; " CALL NOT POSSIBLE, ACCOUNT BAL. IS 0.50 NAIRA. RECHARGE OR YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR PHONE NUMBER ON, " Can you beat that? i don't know how you see it but to me it sounds as if am being threathened. losing my phone number is no big deal, i can always get another with another NETWORK if need be. Abi to recharge na by force?
                                What do you think?
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by alheri(f): 12:45pm On Feb 14, 2006
Well I've never seen that message on my phone when I check my balance besides I like Glo network because its proudly Nigerian and would never change to another network. Maybe you should try and recharge more often.
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by thelma2(f): 12:50pm On Feb 14, 2006
believe me Alheri i recharge very well cos of my type of job. i always have to reach my clients on phone but i still get to see something that annoying
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by alheri(f): 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2006
Am really surprised cause Ive been using Glo since they launched in August 2003 and my husband also uses Glo, My mum used Glo and one of my sister's used Glo at one time. I have also worked in a Glo shop before and Ive never come across that kind of message. Why not call CC and make a complaint about it?
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by layi(m): 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2006
A friend had the same experience. This gives me more reason not to join Glo.

Vmobile, its all about you. wink
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by Ceekay(m): 5:36am On Feb 15, 2006
Glo is really F%^&ed up,,really really,
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by 2nde(m): 6:07am On Feb 15, 2006
Am really surprised cause Ive been using Glo since they launched in August 2003 and my husband also uses Glo, My mum used Glo and one of my sister's used Glo at one time. I have also worked in a Glo shop before and Ive never come across that kind of message. Why not call CC and make a complaint about it?

Mennnn! You are the REAL GLO oOOooo!!!!

Anyway, what i found out about glo is that their service is not good when the outsiders are trying to reach Nig. You have to be trying trying and trying before you get through
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by alheri(f): 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2006
Well maybe I have a special line or something cheesy. Cause I get calls from my sister-in-law in the US alot and she has never conplained about the connection.
2nde:

Mennnn! You are the REAL GLO oOOooo!!!!

you can say that again! Glo has never disappointed me. Infact I had to call them last year in december to commend them on thier services. Am really Ok on the Glo network.

GLO WITH PRIDE! grin cool
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by layi(m): 2:51pm On Feb 15, 2006
Alheri tell us the truth o.

The only peeps who talk good bout glo are the workers there.
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by alheri(f): 3:01pm On Feb 15, 2006
No oh layi, I don't work with Glo. Like I said earlier, I worked in a Glo shop but that was when I was in Abuja. I really think Glo is trying.
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by goodguy(m): 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2006
I also use glo and I've never received such a message, probably because my account balance has never been as low as 50kobo grin

2nde:

Anyway, what i found out about glo is that their service is not good when the outsiders are trying to reach Nig. You have to be trying trying and trying before you get through
I use glo and I receive International calls very often. None has ever complained about connection.
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by saheewale(m): 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2006
I have been using my GLO number for up to a year and never seen or heard such a message.
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by 2nde(m): 6:05pm On Feb 15, 2006
goodguy:

I also use glo and I've never received such a message, probably because my account balance has never been as low as 50kobo grin
I use glo and I receive International calls very often. None has ever complained about connection.
Well, you may be correct but at my side here, i dont even bother to collect thier numbers coz it gives me headache alot when trying to call
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by kris(m): 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2006
So wetin you want make we do? Well if you want people to boycott glo, then post it on www.yabdem.com
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by tassmal(m): 7:30pm On Feb 15, 2006
i agree glo needs a lang upgrade. eveen their customer center isnt worth writing home about. i tried to configure my phone and the girl who answered wasnt of any help. another called later and was the same. they didnt even want to listen to my complaint orgive me good help. they felt they already knew all my answers before i asked d question. humm i wonder which kind thing dem want de do?
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by goodguy(m): 8:52pm On Feb 15, 2006
The only thing that annoys me about glo is that they charge N20 for calling their customer care. What bullshyt!!
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by Farriel(m): 1:30pm On Feb 16, 2006
Ah, how often do you call customer care, if I may ask? Daily?
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by rikkyjen(m): 11:22pm On Feb 16, 2006
Its not how you call that matters, whether ,hourly,weekly or so!!!! , Its all about customer care, Afterall V-mobiles 111 is free from their network, so what are we talking about!!! the koko is glo's customer care is concoted horeshit!!!
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by alheri(f): 11:30am On Feb 17, 2006
goodguy:

The only thing that annoys me about glo is that they charge N20 for calling their customer care. What bullshyt!!

come on goodguy, its not like they charge N20 per min. Even if you spend 30 mins on the CC call, your charge is only N20 and I think that is Ok.
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by Grizzly(m): 11:44am On Feb 18, 2006
Thelma2 i feel ur pain, @ Those who say they haven't seen such messages u must need 2 have ur heads examined. they send the message after a failed attempt at calling. they cant even speak good grammer, What is "loose your phone"? Anyway, GLO is very, very f*#&ed!! If u dare enter magic-plus, u are dead!!!
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by tolumi(f): 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2006
i think thelma is right.glo is fucking up big time.i used 2 think they r d best until i joined vmobile.u dont need 2 ask me wht i dd with d glo line.i dumpd it under my bed.vmobile is all abt u joooo wink
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by otokx(m): 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2006
i switched to glo cos i felt proudly nigerian but what do i get? a network that has a mind of its own and takes regular siesta in the uniport area. You can't call some MTN numbers, then the network just disappears at least once a week, its very terrible so i have to revert back to my vmobile. I still think MTN is the best though they do not give their clients any extra.
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by anton(m): 4:15pm On Feb 19, 2006
That sucks.

I smell an opputunity, I hope some of you do to. cheesy
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by thelma2(f): 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2006
hey alheri there's a war going on between babes and guys. i need support please click on the topic JOKES FOR PROGRAMMERS, SOFTWARE FAMILY GIRLS THANKS
Re: Impolite Language Used By Glo Network by slowie(m): 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2007
glo cc should work on their language use. I no come understand all this talk of vmobile being the best this and that.All of them be thesame.

(1) (Reply)

Why Can't I Use Airtel Opera Mini Bundle To Download / Oukitel U7 Plus Mt6737 4g Lte 2gb+16gb 13mp / Infinix Smart 5 For Sale: N35k (very Clean).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.