Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Why Did You Stop Going To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Stop Going To Church (23874 Views)

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nahunger(m): 7:28am On Nov 21, 2021
Many Christians have backslided from attending church service due to one reason or the other.

I am no here to judge, I only wish you can tell us your peculiar reason and hopefully someone might be here to advice you on what to do.

No one is perfect, we all learn from birth to death always have a open heart to the endless possibilities been alive.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 21, 2021
My relationship with God grew deeper and stronger and I realized that I didn't need to be in church to communicate with him so I started reducing the rate at which I go and sometimes the things my eyes sees in church settings these days are scary

264 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 21, 2021
because I prefer slamming My Head on hard rock. Do you have any problem with that?
Nahunger:
Many Christians have backslided from attending church service due to one reason or the other.

I am no here to judge, I only wish you can tell us your peculiar reason and hopefully someone might be here to advice you on what to do.

No one is perfect, we all learn from birth to death always have a open heart to the endless possibilities been alive.

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Uyi168: 7:48am On Nov 21, 2021
with their repeated, albeit a little twisted boring sermons.

In all, nothing worthwhile actually happens there.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Olarsview: 8:11am On Nov 21, 2021
The day I realize that the distance is not a barrier. But lack of personal relationship & disobedient to the word of God is the barrier.

'
My hands is not short that I cannot save,neither is my hear heavy that I cannot hear,but your iniquity has separated me between me & you'

The question is,are you only hearing the word without an effort to obey. Are you still sinning willfully?what can people say about you on others days? Are you an example of Jesus Christ by your actions or by your word?

When going to church becomes a routine & not heavenly purpose(worship) it's mere activity. Is it acceptable by God? Are you going to church for fashion sake or for spiritual growth?

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nahunger(m): 8:15am On Nov 21, 2021
Bodmum:
because I prefer slamming My Head on hard rock. Do you have any problem with that?

cool cool
Since you enjoy it, continue enjoying it.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Bola146(f): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2021
I do online

8 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Tokskob2008: 8:27am On Nov 21, 2021
I realized I can't be building another man's business while I'm yet to start mine besides churches this days are just mere social gatherings nothing more.

Spirituality left most Nigerian churches a long time ago, na only fashion, networking and effizy remain now.

260 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Olarsview: 8:34am On Nov 21, 2021
Tokskob2008:
I realized I can't be building another man's business while I'm yet to start mine besides churches this days are just mere social gatherings nothing more.

Spirituality left most Nigerian churches a long time ago, na only fashion, networking and effizy remain now.

It depends on what is in your heart while you're in church,if you're carried away by multitude sorry.

Have you identify your purpose & gifts while going to church?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Tokskob2008: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2021
Olarsview:

Have you identify your purpose & gifts while going to church?
Words like this are main reason I run away from Church.

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2021
When I found Islam

Coming from a weak islamic background I attended a Catholic boarding sec Sch and it was compulsory to go to church on Sundays. Although some students were stubborn and refused to attend, but I was always an obedient person.
After attending church the 1st day I liked it almost immediately. I soon started speaking in tongue as we were praying. The next Sunday I attended without being compelled to. That was how I started going to church. My elder sister was also a practising christian as she always had her bible tucked under her pillow.
I left that sch as I was always falling sick and my dad decided he had had enough.
Coming back home, my cousin back then was a student of uniben and was really into Islam. So he started introducing us to Islamic materials and it wasn't long before we (me and my elder sister and our entire family) became very convinced and embraced Islam wholeheartedly.

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Omniman(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2021
smiley
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2021
Reading
Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by MJBOLT: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2021
I discovered it was a waste of time.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nilx: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2021
Ten years ago because I couldn’t afford it anymore. I’m in my mid twenties now, and yet I still can’t afford it

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by daddytime(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2021
Some Pastors can't hide/overcome their carnality treachery and hypocrisy.

This has caused a whole lot of damage which I hope they'd be able to explain on the day of judgement.

Their words, lifestyles, and deceit haven't helped in this case in the littlest bit.

Nope. Not everyone has the understanding enough to sieve through what to take from a pastor and what to discard while running your race and allowing him to God's judgement.

Most people are naturally easily swayed by what they see or hear.

This is where pastors need to understand the position they hold.

For me, I have become more mature and can now know what to take from a teaching, what to challenge for a better understanding, and what to discard as trash if the need be.

To this end, I have decided that I am going back to that old landmark.

Where I made a new commitment, to begin a fresh start.

Help me find my salvation, place a burden in my heart.

Oh Lord, take me back to that old landmark.

So, help me, God.

In answer to op's question.

I stopped churching because of a Pastor and his hypocrisy.

Modified:

I stopped going to church when the pastor won't stop mentioning my name in the course of every sermon and urging everyone else to be like and learn from me on how to be a "good Christian".

At this point in my life, every single penny I made from Monday until Saturday were usually recorded in my diary.

On Sunday morning, I'd add it all up and subtract the usual 10%, envelope it and voila...I dey go submit.

I'd also envelop some €50-100€ each in some other envelopes to distribute amongst some people I discovered weren't really doing much or meeting up financially in the church.

The problem I had with this was, my Pastor who'd sing my praises to the high heavens and urge congregants to aspire to be like me has never for a day dared to ask me:
(A) what do you do for a living?
(B) where do you work? Etc..

I was a fckking fraudster who would steal and wreck other people's lives and savings to play a good Christian in church and a pseudo-philantropist.

Even in my sins then, I could see through all the smokescreen and hogwash.

Na me advise myself by myself.

So shameful.

Abeg make una patronise me jare

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Charmingrascal(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2021
Lol
I don't really know.

But I think I just made up my mind that God is everywhere and I can talk to him anywhere, not necessarily in the Church.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 21, 2021
Bola146:
I do online
Why did you stop doing it offline! That is the question

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by musicwriter(m): 8:59am On Nov 21, 2021
Because the older I grew, the more I realized that religion is the more you look the less you see.

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Boogyman557: 9:00am On Nov 21, 2021
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:00am On Nov 21, 2021
Church is for the gullible and unthinking.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by jos4kay: 9:00am On Nov 21, 2021
I dont feel it

6 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Unibener: 9:00am On Nov 21, 2021
Here to listen to Slawommir

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 21, 2021
They want to finish my 10%

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by larrybabanla(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2021
Long story, I will explain later

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by samnificent(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2021
Everyone's a hypocrite in there.

They preach love but don't practice it ( battle of the denominations)

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by SolomonGrundy: 9:00am On Nov 21, 2021
The zeal is no longer there again. Nor be by to go church sha.

14 Likes

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by NwaNimo1(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2021
When I realised Priests were also scammers......with poor knowledge of the scriptures!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Stop Going To Church by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 21, 2021
I didn't stop but I've not been to church for sometimes now because I want to rest.Note:I'm a churchy girl,church is me.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Returning Souls Or Body Stealers: Can Dead People Return? / Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video) / Russian Orthodox Church In Amsterdam Announces Split With Moscow Due To Ukraine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.