Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,211 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

CNN Exposing False Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CNN Exposing False Pastors (3048 Views)

Why Do Self-Confessed Criminals And False Pastors Sell CDs ? / False Pastors And Zombies Are The Two Sets Of People In Pentecostal Chuches / False Pastors That Are Leading People To Hell. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Exposing False Pastors by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzQyXe8BKMQ&feature=related   

When will people realise that these pentecotals pastors are the false teachers Jesus warned us about.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2011
My brother, will they listen ??

No, their ears are tickled and because they refuse to love the truth God has given them over to believe in the LIE .

Very sad,
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2011
@frosbel
No, their ears are tickled and because they refuse to love the truth God has given them over to believe in the LIE.
You are right nothing else can explain why these people can't open their eyes to see that these guys are false teachers.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 08, 2011
it appears we have chased away all the false prophets ,, grin
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 09, 2011
Next we will see these fraudulent tithe collecting pastors and false prophets being chased down the streets by the members they have been defrauding asking for their money back. grin
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Pukkah: 7:52am On Jun 09, 2011
MrBible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzQyXe8BKMQ&feature=related

When will people realise that these pentecotals pastors are the false teachers Jesus warned us about.

Sadly, many people will never realize this fact. In this cold and impersonal world, people (especially the indigent and/or those in trouble) usually look for someone or something to comfort and soothe them. They look forward to the promise of a miraculous reward or intervention and an end to their woes and troubles.

It is this psychological yearning or craving that smart alecs (they are present in every religion) capitalize on to make money from unsuspecting, weak, and gullible people. The more irresponsible the government of a country is, the greater this craving among its people because they (the people) now seek hope elsewhere even for basic things that should be provided by a responsible government.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by olapluto(m): 9:09am On Jun 09, 2011
' a seal has been set on their eyes' They will not see the light even if you put them in a full filled with light.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by nuclearboy(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2011
Friends:

I assure you guys the fakes are still very much around. Its obvious "sales" are dropping for them but these people are ingenious and just 1000 paid by 25, 000 people at the new year show gave that "fake" a whole lot of cash. I'm sure they have many more plans like that

Their eyes continually rove to and fro and I actually wonder if its not them Jesus referred to as "seeking whom to devour". Progress is being made but, , ,
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by OmoTier1(m): 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2011
Absolute waste of time this ones! When did it become your responsibility to chase, expose false prophets? All through the Bible, where can you find God's servants chasing and looking to expose false prophets except when it be that God manifest Himself through those prophets, that the people may know that He is God?

Like Apostle Paul warned; to whom is he your servant? isn't he be answerable to his master?

If yea truly had your 'lights' glowing,would men have rather pitch thier tenths with them?

Why not do as Peter said; ", make your FAITH effectual by the acknowledging of EVERY GOOD THING which is in YOU". That is what you and I should be doing and not this so called shameful exposing of false prophet! Jesus said; "Go yea into the world and PREACH THE GOSPEL, " He never sent you to be a false prpphet exposer! PREACH THE GOSPEL , so said He Jesus!
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2011
^^

You obviously do not read your bible hence the above statement.

But for the benefit of doubt I will give you till end of today to do your research and come up with the TRUTH otherwise I will have to do your work for you cheesy
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by OmoTier1(m): 8:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
frosbel:

^^

You obviously do not read your bible hence the above statement.

But for the benefit of doubt I will give you till end of today to do your research and come up with the TRUTH otherwise I will have to do your work for you cheesy
Again you read my post well! FYI, 'm not one to trade words with you haven known you for creepy and crafty manipulation of the bible.

I tell you again, you are chasing shadows! No where in the NT will you find a reward for false phropet chasers, rather crowns are given out to men who win souls for christ and to win souls is to preach the gospel. And this gospel is simple;Ro 10 vs 9-10. Thats all that is required. The rest, leave each to do what 2Ti 2:15 says!

Lastly, how many souls will your chasing of those you called false prophets win for Christ and GOD?

An exercise in Fruitility,
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2011
@ Omo_Tier1
"rather crowns are given out to men who win souls for christ and to win souls is to preach the gospel"

You need to study the  verse below to know the kind of souls these false preachers are winning.

Matthew 23:15
"You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are."
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by eyzhvntsn: 11:57pm On Jun 11, 2011
undecided
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by ogajim(m): 2:09am On Jun 12, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Again you read my post well! FYI, 'm not one to trade words with you haven known you for creepy and crafty manipulation of the bible.

I tell you again, you are chasing shadows! No where in the NT will you find a reward for false phropet chasers, rather crowns are given out to men who win souls for christ and to win souls is to preach the gospel. And this gospel is simple;Ro 10 vs 9-10. Thats all that is required. The rest, leave each to do what 2Ti 2:15 says!

Lastly, how many souls will your chasing of those you called false prophets win for Christ and GOD?

Is that really a word? Are you telling me that folks who expose false preachers thereby saving those blindly following these false preachers are doing a disservice to the body of Christ? Where did your Bible say the kingdom is about numbers as opposed to QUALITY? Does "many are called few are chosen" ring a bell?
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by PastorAIO: 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Talking of creepy and crafty manipulations of the bible, please you haven't explained yourself here.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=684970.msg8479198#msg8479198

You said:
Further, I will show you the secret of Apostle Paul's ministry success; 1Cor 14 vs 18 "I thank God that I speak in Tongues MORE than ALL of you" -WOW- He sure knew something is in it as We too have come to discover!

And in verse 19,He gives guidance on how not to get the babes in christ scared out in church when we come together.

In 1Cor vs22 it shows you this and I quote;
"Tongues, then, are a SIGN, not for believers but for unbelievers; PROPHECY, however is for believers, NOT FOR UNBELIEVERS" , So where do you belong?

Then please take this home for yourself; 1Cor 14 vs 39.

However, there is even one much better; PROPHECY! But how then can a man prophesy if he is not charged up in the Holy ghost? When you release those tongues, you are speaking words not made for the understanding of the flesh-your sensual audibles-, you are giving instructions to angels in thier own languages, you are speaking the same language as the Spirit of the Father! Surely, something is bound to happen when you release those tongues with the WORD in Faith!

Your points are 1) the secret to Paul's success lies in his speaking in tongues
2)Yet Paul would rather speak in his full understanding in order not to scare away 'babes in christ'.
3) That one needs to speak in tongues in order to be able to prophesy
4) That this speaking in tongues is incoherent babbling of 3 or 4 syllables.

Please, which one of your points is not fraudulently and creepily manipulated into the bible.

Why is it that all these False Preachers are going on it not being right to hound false preachers? This has almost become a sure sign of a false teacher. First it was 'touch not his anointed' but now it's just 'what are you doing to spread the gospel'?

Fruitility
ogajim:

Is that really a word? Are you telling me that folks who expose false preachers thereby saving those blindly following these false preachers are doing a disservice to the body of Christ? Where did your Bible say the kingdom is about numbers as opposed to QUALITY? Does "many are called few are chosen" ring a bell?

He is right to use that word. Holy spirit caused him to make the mistake.

Futility is when the exercise doesn't yield fruit.

However Fruitility is the exercise that does yield fruit.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by 4Truth: 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
i want to make an input here
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by 4Truth: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2011
it is my guess that many of us on this thread do not really know d bible
Let the scripture speak 4 themselves

IN GENERAL

Matthew 7:1-5
(1) Judge not, that ye be not judged.
(2) For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
(3) And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
(4) Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
(5) Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

I GUESS SOME US R SO PERFECT WITH NO SECRET SIN

John 8:4-7
(4) They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
(5) Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
(6) This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
(7) So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

WHO AMONG US IS SO QUALIFIED AS TO BE D 1ST TO CAST D STONE
James 4:11-12
(11) Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
(12) There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

CONCERNING MINISTRS/PASTORS
WHAT WE OBSERVE IN MINISTERS TODAY BE TRUE. BUT THINK AGAIN IN D LIGHT OF THIS SCRIPTURES

Rom 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

1 Corinthians 4:1-5
(1) Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
(2) Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
(3) But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
(4) For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
(5) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.[/color]

WHAT DO

Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

1 John 5:16
(16) If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

WELL, ITS EASY TO ACCUSE, JUDGE AND CONDEMN. IT TAKE A LEVEL OF GODLY MATURITY AND SPIRITUALITY TO FOLLOW D SCRIPTURE

FINALLY

Numbers 12:7-10
(7) My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
(cool With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
(9) And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.
(10) And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.

LET US FEAR.
MANY R WHERE THEY ARE IN LIFE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF WHAT I CALL D AFFLICTN OF MARIAN
BE WISE. MAY GOD GIVE US UNDERSTANDING
LUV U ALL
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Joagbaje(m): 6:12am On Jun 17, 2011
Nothing is wrong in a minister having money. That doesn't make them false. There is a difference between the ministry money and the ministers money. Even though many ministers put their personal money into ministry.

Different ministers have different gifts ,callings and abilities. Healings , miracles, etc. Before we condemn a man, we should be objective enough to understand his own side. Know his reasons,motives and revelation. Compare before conclude. Don't just judge from external perspective.

Some preachers believes they are anointed to cause people of God to prosper.  People who prospered under such ministers will definitely reciprocate . By appreciating the minister who has been a blessing to them. If from poverty, I listen to a preacher and through the things I learned from him I become a millionaire . I will put some millions into his account also. If I had a terminal disease and doctors have given up on me, and a man of God minister to me and I get healed. I will send gift or money in appreciation.

Many ministers receive gifts and money from people. This is not offerings and tithes which belongs to the church. But personal gifts. If I see benny hinn today , I will write a cheque for him. Because he had been a blessing to the world . I first got to know about the person of the holy spirit by reading his book ."GOOD MORNING HOLY SPIRIT" . Some people who's life  have been touched by a miniter give cars ,money etc. In appreciation. Some pastors are richer than the church account because those who's lives have been transformed blessed them back.

Some ministers are best selling authors, and several millions comes to them from sales of those books.

Some other ministers were already rich before God called them. Kenneth copeland had rich family business, he was also a Hollywood wild west actor before God called him. Apart from family business . He was known to be giving out planes to ministers. He once gave IdahOSA a jet but idahosa couldn't accept it because of maintenance .

We ought to hear from the people themselves before throwing stone.  Besides God never call anyone of us  to judge his servants. If anyone of his servants do wrong in his name ,God knows how to handle them. He has told us to leave them alone. There's no single scripture that says Christians should be hunting ministers . We find ourselves sinning against God in this error. There's no reward for it.

If an author, poet etc can have house by pacific, I don't think it is a sin if a minister who is a bet selling author in millions , who also receives personal gift from all over the world have a house by pacific . It's his money. No one can tell him how to spend it. But if it's church money. It's between him and God .
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by EarsWide(m): 6:50am On Jun 17, 2011
@Joagbaje

you said
We ought to hear from the people themselves before throwing stone. Besides God never call anyone of us to judge his servants. If anyone of his servants do wrong in his name ,God knows how to handle them. He has told us to leave them alone. There's no single scripture that says Christians should be hunting ministers . We find ourselves sinning against God in this error. There's no reward for it

Here is a question for you : if the people who were sexually abused by Odulele had come to you for advice, would you have advised them to keep quiet and wait for Gods judgment or advised them to report the matter to the police ?
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Joagbaje(m): 7:59am On Jun 17, 2011
A man who despoils a child was under demonic influence. The first thing to recommend is to cast such devil out of him.
The other steps depends on his attitude. Did he realise the error. Is he justifying it. Some gays believe they are born that way or created that way by God. Thereby excuse there lifestyle. If he is of such conviction, he is a dangerous man. The law should handle him because he is not repentant. And another person will fall victim.

But if he is repentant genuinely. He should be forgiven. If he is battling with a habit, help should be recommended for him. Spiritually first, and also, some christian ministry have institutions for rehab for such people.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Azibalua(f): 8:11am On Jun 17, 2011
One thing that baffles me is the fact that most people believe that men of god dwell on monies from the ministry to live by,and are not givers themselves.
This is strange,cos the easiest way for a leader in the body of christ to become poor is to not to pay his tithes and also not to give.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by nlMediator: 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

Nothing is wrong in a minister having money. That doesn't make them false. There is a difference between the ministry money and the ministers money. Even though many ministers put their personal money into ministry.

Different ministers have different gifts ,callings and abilities. Healings , miracles, etc. Before we condemn a man, we should be objective enough to understand his own side. Know his reasons,motives and revelation. Compare before conclude. Don't just judge from external perspective.

Some preachers believes they are anointed to cause people of God to prosper. People who prospered under such ministers will definitely reciprocate . By appreciating the minister who has been a blessing to them. If from poverty, I listen to a preacher and through the things I learned from him I become a millionaire . I will put some millions into his account also. If I had a terminal disease and doctors have given up on me, and a man of God minister to me and I get healed. I will send gift or money in appreciation.

Many ministers receive gifts and money from people. This is not offerings and tithes which belongs to the church. But personal gifts. If I see benny hinn today , I will write a cheque for him. Because he had been a blessing to the world . I first got to know about the person of the holy spirit by reading his book ."GOOD MORNING HOLY SPIRIT" . Some people who's life have been touched by a miniter give cars ,money etc. In appreciation. Some pastors are richer than the church account because those who's lives have been transformed blessed them back.

Some ministers are best selling authors, and several millions comes to them from sales of those books.

Some other ministers were already rich before God called them. Kenneth copeland had rich family business, he was also a Hollywood wild west actor before God called him. Apart from family business . He was known to be giving out planes to ministers. He once gave IdahOSA a jet but idahosa couldn't accept it because of maintenance .

We ought to hear from the people themselves before throwing stone. Besides God never call anyone of us to judge his servants. If anyone of his servants do wrong in his name ,God knows how to handle them. He has told us to leave them alone. There's no single scripture that says Christians should be hunting ministers . We find ourselves sinning against God in this error. There's no reward for it.

If an author, poet etc can have house by pacific, I don't think it is a sin if a minister who is a bet selling author in millions , who also receives personal gift from all over the world have a house by pacific . It's his money. No one can tell him how to spend it. But if it's church money. It's between him and God .

I accept some of your points, e.g., there is nothing wrong in a minister being rich and people sometimes give to ministers in appreciation of blessings.

But a few corrections and some counter-points.

Kenneth Copeland did not have a penny when he became a minister. He was no big movie star. I don't know where you got your story from. Not only did he not have money, but he and his wife were deeply in debt.

Only a few ministers like Joel Osteen and Rick Warren have true best sellers. A best-selling book means that many people, outside your congregation, buys the book. What really happens is that a minister writes a book, gets church members to each buy hundreds of copies, including allocating copies to church departments, and then claim it's a best seller. I agree that such practice makes money for the ministers, but that's an insult to best-sellers, which are books that many people evaluate as good and purchase on their own. That's why many ministers claim to be be best-selling authors, but nobody knows them outside their circles.

It's true that minsiters get rich because people blessed by their ministry give to them. But it's even truer that many ministers get rich because they sell the idea to people that the core of financial prosperity is to give, often to ministers, because they're sowing on a good soil.

So long as they continue to use some of these tactics - faux best sellers, seed to ministers - they'll continue to attract unwanted criticisms.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by nlMediator: 4:19pm On Jun 17, 2011
Azibalua:

One thing that baffles me is the fact that most people believe that men of god dwell on monies from the ministry to live by,and are not givers themselves.
This is strange,cos the easiest way for a leader in the body of christ to become poor is to not to pay his tithes and also not to give.

Not one person I know thinks that ministers do not 'give.' The point is that they mainly give to their ministries. If I give my money to my business, do you call that giving? Or it becomes giving because my business is a christian ministry? Right, they do not dwell on ministry money. They get gifts. But why is it that church members that also give do not become rich through gifts by other church members? Does that principle only work for ministers?
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by EarsWide(m): 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2011
@Jogbaje

you said
A man who despoils a child was under demonic influence. The first thing to recommend is to cast such devil out of him.
The other steps depends on his attitude. Did he realise the error.  Is he justifying it. Some gays believe they are born that way or created that way by God. Thereby excuse there lifestyle. If he is of such conviction, he is a dangerous man. The law should handle him because he is not repentant. And another person will fall  victim.

But if he is repentant genuinely. He should be forgiven. If he is battling with a habit, help should be recommended for him. Spiritually first, and also, some christian ministry have institutions for rehab for such people.

Does this spirit of forgiveness apply to everybody or just MOGs.
There cannot be double standards - MOGs that are exposed in the ways many of them have been deserve no special treatment. In fact I belive they should be punished twice as much because they have abused their positions.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by dare2think: 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2011
@Joagbaje

Yes, people give them gifts and stuff. There is no crime in that. But don't you think it is ethically and morally right for those ministers to direct those "gifts" to poorer members of the church.

For example; 5 wealthy members decides to buy the Pastor a jet. Why cant the pastor tell the wealthy individuals to give to the needy instead as his own reward as a "messenger of God" is in heaven.

Not only give to the poor member's  in his "church"  but to the poor people in general---that's what I feel Jesus would be proud of. I am aware some Pastor's are doing this, but some pastor's behave as if poor/ impoverished people have finished from the face of the earth.

Which brings us back to the question, who is responsible for taking care of people who are inadequate materially and spiritually?  If you claim to be a man of God then you should be responsible to provide God's children MATERIALLY AND SPIRITUALLY, if you have the capacity. Not only to a chosen few.

Living luxuriously while other creations of God suffers means your are not a "Man of God" as you claim---you are just an opportunist.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by EarsWide(m): 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2011
Just a thought, government officials are not allowed to keep gifts given to them (in their capacity as government officials) - the gifts belong to the government. Yet pastors are allowed to keep the gifts given to them in their capacity as pastors - in fact they openly talk about the 'gifts' on the pulpit.

This is yet another case of the secular world being more moral and transparent than the pentecostal churches.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by nlMediator: 7:19pm On Jun 17, 2011
dare2think:

@Joagbaje

Yes, people give them gifts and stuff. There is no crime in that. But don't you think it is ethically and morally right for those ministers to direct those "gifts" to poorer members of the church.

That's one thing that bothers me too. You see pastors bragging about how they have dozens of suiits, shoes and ties they have not worn, that were given to them by people. Yet, there are many people in that church wearing crappy clothes. Not only should the pastor re-distribute MOST of these gifts instead of living like a king, while the members live like paupers, but he should spend a lot of time preaching about giving to one another. Not just giving to ministers. Or the church. I keep on wondering: where's the love of Christ and the brethren in all of this?

You come to a church and you can easily tell the big difference between the pastor and the flock. He dresses well, looks well-fed, his children go the best schools, but the members look and live differently. When somebody complains, he's told to go and open his own church and see how easy it is to make it. I thought it was churches like the Catholic that had such sharp distinction between the clergy and laity. Today, virtually everything the boran again christians attacked the Catholics and Anglicans for, they now repeat, albeit in more polished fashion.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2011
nlMediator:

That's one thing that bothers me too. You see pastors bragging about how they have dozens of suiits, shoes and ties they have not worn, that were given to them by people. Yet, there are many people in that church wearing crappy clothes. Not only should the pastor re-distribute MOST of these gifts instead of living like a king, while the members live like paupers, but  he should spend a lot of time preaching about giving to one another. Not just giving to ministers. Or the church. I keep on wondering: where's the love of Christ and the brethren in all of this?

You come to a church and you can easily tell the big difference between the pastor and the flock. He dresses well, looks well-fed, his children go the best schools, but the members look and live differently. When somebody complains, he's told to go and open his own church and see how easy it is to make it. I thought it was churches like the Catholic that had such sharp distinction between the clergy and laity. Today, virtually everything the boran again christians attacked the Catholics and Anglicans for, they now repeat, albeit in more polished fashion.

@jo please see the reason in this. Even you in all your loyalties have to admit there is something wrong.
I also at the moment attend one of such churches, but the things I witness [b]grieves my spirit [/b]day by day, especially after I read the gospel from start to finish, seperate from all those "1-verse extracts" people use to support various motions.

what am I saying?

Tithing and offerings are definitely good and are good things in the eyes of the Lord and God's priests should be blessed from such.
But by how much? There should be balance. Remember the tithes and offering were not meant for priests and temple alone. 4 different groups of people were mentioned there, the others being the needy. Would the Lord's heart not be blessed even more if the needy among the congregation were materially ministered to?

Someone I know said giving should only be to among those within the church. I would have to disagree there as Jesus gave no such condition. Everyone is God's child in God's eye and it warms his heart when every needy person is comforted. Start within the household of faith yes, but extend it onwards. Because how then can you reach people in need outside the household?

Dealing with this matter comes with realizing that we are all but men and are subject to various lusts. With the pride of I am a MOG and thus no one can tell me what to do or no-one can counsel me, for I am the one to counsel them. . . this is always the typical trait prior to every fall.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Azibalua(f): 12:30am On Jun 18, 2011
EarsWide:

Just a thought, government officials are not allowed to keep gifts given to them (in their capacity as government officials) - the gifts belong to the government. Yet pastors are allowed to keep the gifts given to them in their capacity as pastors - in fact they openly talk about the 'gifts' on the pulpit.
This is yet another case of the secular world being more moral and transparent than the pentecostal churches.
Philippians 4:15-18
15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. 16 For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. 17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. 18 But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things[ which were sent] from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Azibalua(f): 12:33am On Jun 18, 2011
nlMediator:

Not one person I know thinks that ministers do not 'give.' The point is that they mainly give to their ministries. If I give my money to my business, do you call that giving? Or it becomes giving because my business is a christian ministry? Right, they do not dwell on ministry money. They get gifts. But why is it that church members that also give do not become rich through gifts by other church members? Does that principle only work for ministers?
What proof do you have that they give mainly to their ministries?
And if you are not a giver ,don't think every one is like you,why do you feel other church members are MIT receiving gifts as well from other members?
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 18, 2011
@Azibalua
Paul you have quoted above, also gave you the instruction below, so why don't you, pastors and chuches obey it today? But pastors and their ignorant supporters will quote any verse they can find to support tithes and first fruit

1 Corinthians 14:34
34 women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.
35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
Re: CNN Exposing False Pastors by nlMediator: 3:48am On Jun 18, 2011
Azibalua:

What proof do you have that they give mainly to their ministries?
And if you are not a giver ,don't think every one is like you,why do you feel other church members are MIT receiving gifts as well from other members?

I take it you're being silly. My time is too precious to respond to such silliness. But I'll humor you a bit. I can put my giving against yours any day and you'll fall very short. I see a church or two where the pastor wears all the best suits, while the pastoral assistants keep on repeating their clotyhes. I'm not even talking of the poor guy lost in the congregation that nobody notices. If you attend a church and you can't see that the bulk of the pastor's giving is within, or that people do not give substantially to those in the pews, you need some help with your perceptive abilities. But I take it you know the truth, but trying to act too clever by half.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exegetical Analysis Of Genesis 1 & 2 Sought! / Is It A Sin For A Born Again Christian To Masturbate? / Popular Port Harcourt Pastor Acquires A Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.