Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! (9853 Views)

Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application / Nnamdi Kanu's Sister Says DSS Men Are Trying To Kill Her Brother In Detention / Bankole - Our Leaders Love To Rule And Die In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 2:31am On Jun 09, 2011
As Nigerian youth, we have continually yearned for better representation by our leadership and eradication of corruption by government officials.  Along with President Umaru Musa Yar'adua and Nuhu Ribadu under EFCC, Bankole championed this course for Nigeria.  Because of Bankole's anti-corruption war, he won many enemies who feared prosecution. 

Bankole set up the $16bn power probe, $35bn railway project probe, he exposed N15 trillion unremitted Government revenue since 1999, and an unprecedented N450bn unspent budgetary allocation in 2007.  Bankole proceeded in earnest in this anti-corruption campaign until President Yar'adua's demise.  Since then Bankole has been targeted by 'toes he stepped on' during his anti-corruption campaign by levelling numerous unfounded allegations against him.

And now, due to Bankole's refusal to endorse the PDP's candidate for Speaker of the House, he has been arrested and detained by EFCC headed by the corrupt Farida Waziri without proper investigation against him and efforts are now being made to convict him by all means necessary with the aid of the corrupt Festus Keyamo to give the impression that the current government is sincere about the anti-corruption war.  We need to ask the questions:

1.  Why is Bankole NOT being charged with the alleged N10bn loan scam if indeed there is a case against him?
2.  In the charges against Bankole, who are these 'others at large' that Keyamo has refused to name?

Young people of Nigeria, these[b] old breed politicians are targeting our young upcoming anti-corruption fighters to abort our collective future[/b] in its wake.  Now is the time to be on the side of history and realise the Mandela in Bankole.  Join the fight against this travesty of justice now!  Join the fight to free Bankole now!  Join the fight to save the future of the Nigerian youth.  NOW IS THE TIME!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oladimeji-Bankole/25367771897

Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by efisher(m): 5:20am On Jun 09, 2011
I personally like Bankole because of the way he speaks and smiles! Unfortunately, I do not know much about his principles and his integrity. As for the case, if he is guilty of stealing a kobo, he should be made to pay for it. If he is completely innocent, he has my support. Whether or not it is because he stepped on toes, justice MUST be served. Justice is justice no matter the path you take to reach it. The important thing is that judgment is fair.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Osama10(m): 5:24am On Jun 09, 2011
Hmmmn, there are always two sides to a story. undecided
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by gaiusjuli: 6:40am On Jun 09, 2011
The problem with this article starts from the begining, it was late yaradua that removed ribadu either before or during bankoles tenure as speaker so why the attempted hoodwinking?
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by bioye(m): 7:29am On Jun 09, 2011
gaius juli:

The problem with this article starts from the begining, it was late yaradua that removed ribadu either before or during bankoles tenure as speaker so why the attempted hoodwinking?

I did not say Yar'adua didn't remove Ribadu. But everything in the original post is a fact. The sad part is that when people post unfair things about Bankole, you don't complain. But when there is an attempt to highlight the other side of the story, you react negatively.

Was Bankole championning anti-corruption? YES
Was Bankole arrested less than 24 hours before the election of the new speaker? YES
Is Bankole being charged for the N100bn loan as widely publicised to tarnish his image? NO
Is Bankole the procurement officer or accounting officer authorised by law to select bids or select prices of goods as stipulated in the Procurement Act? NO
Is EFCC being selective by not naming or charging the so called 'others at large' in the charges against him? YES
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by blackpanda: 1:21pm On Jun 09, 2011
what the heck is wrong with Nigerians. U say u want to fight corrruption, but each time the EFCC charges any politician, you all will start crying foul! Please make up ur mind for once. If u want a better life, then allow the anti-graft commission to do its work. Otherwise, shut ur traps and wallow in poverty and helplessness!
it is simply appalling, taking a loan of 10billion just to increase the already fat politicians allowances? My God! Am sure Gen Abacha will be laughing at our foolishness in the grave now! Shameless country!
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Ikwikwikwi(m): 1:25pm On Jun 09, 2011
you are already biased, and so you are on your own. Let him clear himself or he will go in for it. We always want to give excuses for some one who is found wanting. And never in your life call any one your fellow youth of NL as we are not ready to tag along in your idea.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by shadrach77: 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2011
this sounds like the voice of a bankole-sponsored campaigner  grin grin grin
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by otitokoro1: 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2011
Bankole is reaping the reward of his hypocrisy,

That is why it is always good to come to equity with clean hands,

A lesson here is that to be a leader that can  fight corruption you must be seen above board,

A good leader must be ready to say do as I do and not do as I say,

so @ poster: I would suggest you keep quiet, else you make us believe you are a thief yourself, smiley angry smiley
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by switchmax8: 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2011
Poster,
I dont think you are in nigeria or you have a tv or you are avail with the happenings in the national assembly if you have you would'nt be saying bankole has been victimised.is bankole not culpable of all atrocities listed by the efcc?how can loan of 10b be obtain without his consent as the speaker?why did he endorse the loan when he knew it is illegal and against the wishes of true meaning nigerians he represented.
What about accusations by dino melaye?buying of cars worth billions even before his arrest festus keyamo had raised an alarm over the scam last yr, keyamo was berated for saying such without evidence.What about the buying of fans and other electrical gadgets that was inflated dino melaye knew the scams they have been committing that was the reason they were suspended thankGod he is back to fight the battle and he has been vindicated.
However,if you dont know anything about nigeria to come out hear and vent ethnic chaunism and say bankole represents the youth if,actually he unravel the crimes committed by previous gangster what about the crimes that took place during his reign in power why did''nt expose those involved until he was arrested.why resisting arrest or going to efcc office.rest my case until you can prove otherwise
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by joe4christ(m): 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2011

The problem facing our nation is that we dont even know who to trust or even believe anymore,
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by 190: 1:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
I THOUGHT BANKOLA WAS A WHITE MAN angry angry
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by kbdrim(m): 1:37pm On Jun 09, 2011
May I add that he told the US ambasador as reported by wikileaks that the current EFCC under waziri is not worh a penny and is totally incompetent, Its plain vendetta
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by paraphase(m): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
sad
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by joe4christ(m): 1:47pm On Jun 09, 2011
What does wikileaks has to say conscerning this Bank' ole of a guy??
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by GudLion(m): 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ bioye,

Let me tell you something, no body is witch hunting the lad. They are even trying to soften the magnanimity of his offenses thats why so many issue did not appear in that charge.

Did he obtain N10 billion unlawful loan?
Did he inflate contracts?
Did he single handedly run the account of the lower house?
Did he abuse his office?

O hell yes he did more than that.
The 15 count charge is way too ridiculous,
Let the court be fair enough to give him long years to serve in prison after compelling him to return his loot. angry

Please take your baseless campaign out of nairaland.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by MMM2(m): 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
190:

I THOUGHT BANKOLA WAS A WHITE MAN  angry angry

grin
he is a greedy fool.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by boyt1: 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ Poster Bioye or what  ever you call self,  fools like you  make a lot of noise condemning the Leaders of the country
but each time such Leaders are prosecuted  fools like you start weeping.
If the country Youths should support EFCC, NAFDAC etc, no matter who is involved if found guilty let him be Jailed
then Nigeria will have fresh Air.
Stop interfering !
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by dontsin: 2:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
@Bioye I CAN SEE THAT YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR SENSES. WHEN YOU AND BANKOLE WERE DISTRIBUTING THE GANA MUST GO YOU DID NOT CALL ANYBODY TO SHARE IN THE NATIONAL CAKE. NOW THAT BANKOLE IS RECEIVING PUNISHMENT FOR HIS WRONG DOING YOU ARE NOW CAUGHING. DONT WORRY YOU WILL SOON BE CAUGHT. GOD WILL EXPOSE ALL OF YOU
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by ak47mann(m): 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2011
BANK OLE!!! grin grin grin
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by alphonsok: 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2011
efcc is not doing any job.they re just beating around the bush.what happen to the previous anticorruption war.has anybody been convicted up to 5years imprisonement for corruption.the answer is no because efcc is not sincere with its responsibility.they need change of leadership.i dont understand why they have not charged bankole on the issue of 10b loan and i dont know why they have not informed nigerians about the income of their investigation.i dont understand why they re yet to invite all those who re involved in the 10b scam and why they exempt the new speaker from investigation before he was elected as the speaker.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Reference(m): 2:16pm On Jun 09, 2011
When bank chief's were brought down there were so many insinuations against the prosecutors, same when Ribadu was EFCC boss. He was used by OBJ against his political opponents. Now OBJ is gone the next ghosts must be found. Same concerning DSP, Tafa, Bode George, James Ibori, the list is endless. Someone was alleged to be after them for one reason or the other. It will not end. The truth is he was arrested and is being charged to court for a CRIME HE HAS COMMITTED. If he has not committed a crime why is he being arrested. this is a country we know where there are so many thieves in office running this country. So many thieves in retirement. So many thieves on sabbatical so if he can be arrested it means his thievery is important to someone. So let's face the facts you cannot lump the two together. If he has bones to pick with someone then why steal. If you must work as a petrol attendant you have to learn to do without smokes for a season. Why put his hand into anti-corruption moves when he knows he cannot resist the allure of graft. Why throw stones when you live in glass houses. Just keep/steal quietly like the others. After all was it not a PDP chieftain that said it is bad manners to talk while you're eating.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Energine: 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2011
Poster, hang your head in shame. You are pitiful!
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by nigerhead(m): 2:23pm On Jun 09, 2011
because he "fought against corruption" then doesnt mean he did not now commit his own atrocities. Of which we now understand that the "fighter" and the "corrupt" always changes depending on who is in power in Nigeria.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 09, 2011
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Wednesday expanded its investigation of the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Dimeji Bankole, by quizzing some erstwhile principal officers of the House.

they are all thieves !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BANKOLE FAILED THE YOUTH
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by dustydee: 2:30pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hmmmn! Let the law take it's course and the truth will prevail (I hope)
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by harpo(m): 2:32pm On Jun 09, 2011
@bioye all what you are saying you are on your own, because he was fighting corruption is that why he should steal even if it is N10

Abeg make we hear word, please send him to prison if found guilty

Youth kor youth nii
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by otesy: 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hog wash.  I personally do not believe this crap.  Bankole is guilty of misappropriation of funds and should pay dearly for it.  Unfortunately, in our dear country Nigeria, people like him don't pay for their crimes.  All this will soon be swept under the carpet like all the others, smh
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Slyr0x: 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2011
bioye:

Young people of Nigeria, these[b] old breed politicians are targeting our young upcoming anti-corruption fighters to abort our collective future[/b] in its wake.  Now is the time to be on the side of history and realise the Mandela in Bankole.  Join the fight against this travesty of justice now!  Join the fight to free Bankole now!  Join the fight to save the future of the Nigerian youth.  NOW IS THE TIME!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oladimeji-Bankole/25367771897

WTF is this? Fight for what? Fight for who? Let the criminal clear his name jare and stop dragging the youths into this. Did the same youths gain from him?

Rubbish.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by justokey(m): 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
Tell me one good thing  he did in the House to help the over 35m jobless nigerian youths. If he is innocent he has nothing to fear.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by Bensonite: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
OP,
I am sure you are the only youth on this struggle as we distance ourselves from your position on BANK(OLE). When Gani was alive he claimed all the governors were corrupt and he was criticise until DSP Alams was caught. He was very happy as atleast one of the accused was confirmed. BANK(OLE) has been caught this time and he has to face the music. Whether he takes 6 months or less prison term  atleast the embarassment serves him right and should help discourage others.
Re: The Truth Behind Bankole's Detention! by dinggle: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
There is no basis for this posting! that he fought or attempted fighting corruption doesn't mean he should have stolen. If his hands were completely clean he would have honored the EFCC call up ASAP. News streaming longer than necessary  in the public domain calls for all sorts of speculation. An old file can be dusted up if it can give investigators more time to prepare present charges, it is done in America, the FBI dangle past uncharged crime b4 criminals to make them confess or become informants. Politicians should know that the only way not to be a victim is to be completely clean. Because the powerful will make sure u chew from the "corrupt carrot" and keep it secret until u step on toes or fail to do their dirty jobs. Hence it is important for politicians to know there is nothing like "I chop small" or "na that time last yr I chop am" corruption is corruption period!. Bankole is a complete disappointment to the youths.
With his salary he could have set-up a production factory creating jobs in the process and be one of the richest in the land.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal Government Should Resolve ASUU Crisis Without Delay - Saraki / Child Theft: Buhari Commends Police For Discovering False Correctional Centres / Akpabio Denies Accusing NASS Members Of NDDC Contracts Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.