Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? (17457 Views)

I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / His Friend And His Wife Are Having An Affair! / Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by adconline(m): 4:10am On Jun 10, 2011
He cries and sobs and manipulates me and I end up feeling sorry for him and giving in to his sexual advances. it's really a difficult situation and I think only God can help me through this. Those who pray please remember me in your prayers.

Would you open your bank accounts if he cries and sobs for financial help just like the way you open your legs when he cries for sex?
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Justcash(m): 4:53am On Jun 10, 2011
If I were your husband, I will make your wish to come true. I'll divorce you and go after the woman that I was cheating on you with as soon as you tell me.

So, you have an opportunity to make your wish to come true.

You two were probably not meant for each other.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 5:08am On Jun 10, 2011
Well since you are not a Nigerian, I will cut you some slacks.

Truth is we women have got bigger ''forgiving hearts" hearts than men. So we can easily forgive men that cheat and move on especially if kids are involved.

I repeat do not tell your pastor and do not tell your husband. Go to God and ask for forgiveness, he only can forgive you and give you the strength to move on.

Men work and walk with EGO and Pride and when infidelity on the woman sets in both pride and Ego have been wounded badly and the only thing they think about is '' someone else beat me to it'' , ''I'm I a loser?'' ''I have failed my self'' and nothing you do will quickly erase those thoughts off their mind.

Truth is, look for any virginity thread on this forum, men flood there like bees complimenting the virgins, Alot of Nigerian men in westernized countries go back home to ''marry'' a wife because they think the women with them there have been tested by their fellow men and have become tokunbohs(second hand) so they'd rather go back home and marry a ''fresh woman'' (who by the way acts all good and when she's done studying Nursing, dumps his sorry behind but that is a story for another day). Men think virginity makes one a good wife, No it doesn't, It is only an added plus in marriage. You married a man who would give his leg to be the first man in your life, this man would not have even married you if he knew you were dating and sleeping with someone else during your courtship, talkless of adultery IN MARRIAGE undecided

If you are not going to tell your man about it believe me you have got a harder work to do to make that marriage work and that is the truth. You have to make him feel like the ''One out of a million man you once fell in love with. Do not for any reason remind him of his affair with that woman. You have to make him believe you have forgiven and forgotten, Get romantic and treat him like a baby; love him like you have never loved him, send him txt messages at work,  you both go for a vacation,  tell him you have forgiven him and tell your husband you need him back in your life.

Please break up with that  Mr perfect D[i]i[/i]ck you are dating and work on your marriage. If your husband is someone that rubs his affairs in his wife's face or calls you names and physically abuses you, I would have told you to go ahead and tell him about the affair but if he is this calm dude that wants to make his marriage work please get into that van and get his feelings for you back.

Do you want your marriage to work? then keep shut and get working. Tell him and you will lose your marriage and your life.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 5:45am On Jun 10, 2011
jennykadry:

Truth is we women have got bigger ''forgiving hearts" hearts than men. So we can easily forgive men that cheat and move on especially if kids are involved.

I repeat do not tell your pastor and do not tell your husband. Go to God and ask for forgiveness, he only can forgive you and give you the strength to move on.

Men work and walk with EGO and Pride and when infidelity on the woman sets in both pride and Ego have been wounded badly and the only thing they think about is '' someone else beat me to it'' , ''I'm I a loser?'' ''I have failed my self'' and nothing you do will quickly erase those thoughts off their mind.

Truth is, look for any virginity thread on this forum, men flood there like bees complimenting the virgins, Alot of Nigerian men in westernized countries go back home to ''marry'' a wife because they think the women with them there have been tested by their fellow men and have become tokunbohs(second hand) so they'd rather go back home and marry a ''fresh woman'' (who by the way acts all good and when she's done studying Nursing, dumps his sorry behind but that is a story for another day). Men think virginity makes one a good wife, No it doesn't, It is only an added plus in marriage. You married a man who would give his leg to be the first man in your life, this man would not have even married you if he knew you were dating and sleeping with someone else during your courtship, talkless of adultery IN MARRIAGE undecided

If you are not going to tell your man about it believe me you have got a harder work to do to make that marriage work and that is the truth. You have to make him feel like the ''One out of a million man you once fell in love with. Do not for any reason remind him of his affair with that woman. You have to make him believe you have forgiven and forgotten, Get romantic and treat him like a baby; love him like you have never loved him, send him txt messages at work,  you both go for a vacation,  tell him you have forgiven him and tell your husband you need him back in your life.

Please break up with that  Mr perfect D[i]i[/i]ck you are dating and work on your marriage. If your husband is someone that rubs his affairs in his wife's face or calls you names and physically abuses you, I would have told you to go ahead and tell him about the affair but if he is this calm dude that wants to make his marriage work please get into that van and get his feelings for you back.

Do you want your marriage to work? then keep shut and get working. Tell him and you will lose your marriage and your life^
^^^^^^^
This is the advice to take to make your marriage work,if you want to manipulate your husband. MANIPULATE!!What does this have to do with love?!
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 10, 2011
^^^you tell me?

@Iyabasira

Lol men cheat stupidly, women do it wisely. Thats the reason why men get caught almost all the time. grin grin
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by jumie(f): 7:22am On Jun 10, 2011
@Poster,

I commend your courage to even discuss this matter. Also, ur desire and willingness to make ur marriage work is all u need.

In my opinion, u knw ur hubby more than anyone on this forum. If u think he will be able to handle ur telling him about ur affair in a mature way, then tell him. However, if u KNOW that he won't be able to, then keep shut!

Be mindful of whom u speak to about this matter. It is a make or break situation. Go to God in prayer, u might need to meet with a spiritual leader, who would agree with u to break the soul tie associated with ur affair.

Do all u can to stop seeing this other guy and work at restoring ur marriage.

Only God can and no human being can help u erase the guilt and shame adultery brings. Most importantly, pamper ur husband and tell him what makes u happy. Spend lots of time together, go for marriage seminars,and other activities together. Before u knw it, everything will be fine.

Also, never point accusing fingers @ ur hubby cos, u both are trying to win the same war.

It is well!
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 10, 2011
Don't know why people are sugar coating their replies , you are a who.re and it's clear to see. Your heart is far from this man so let him be , it's also clear that he still loves yot but you don't.
I don't think your husband was complaining about the number of men you had slept with before you guys met but while you were both dating. You don't want to come out clean but I know your infidelity/promiscuity issue didn't start today. Ashewo odoko oshi
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 10, 2011
apocalypse:

Don't know why people are sugar coating their replies , you are a who.re and it's clear to see. Your heart is far from this man so let him be , it's also clear that he still loves yot but you don't.
I don't think your husband was complaining about the number of men you had slept with before you guys met but while you were both dating. You don't want to come out clean but I know your infidelity/promiscuity issue didn't start today. Ashewo odoko oshi

Speak English sir. She is not a Nigerian. grin
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by codedguy1(m): 9:01am On Jun 10, 2011
@ OP

Just a simple question. is the guy you cheated with known to both of you or just a guyyo met somewhere?

Cos you said your husband cheated with someone you both know and i believe known when a partner cheats with someone known to both the couples then there is always a chance it would be discovered is very high.

But then the issue here i believe is If you tell him, it may end the marriage and you seem not to want that especially after describing the fact that he has problems with you haven slept with others guys even b4 you met him. On the other hand if you dont tell him then it might eat you up quicker than you know it.

This is a tough one but I HOPE YOU HAVE STOPPED SEEING THE OTHER GUY cos thats the first thing you need to do.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by rhamzus(m): 9:40am On Jun 10, 2011
@ poster
You have said it all, the other guy gives you good sex so why not talk to your husband and device ways to make your sex more fun.
At least you got experience from that other guy, so teach d skills to your husband.
By the way you need to ask yourself why am i cheating and what do you hope to gain from it? Can the reason be provided by my mate , if not then QUIT.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Minx1: 10:36am On Jun 10, 2011
Thanks for all your responses. I have made a decision NOT to confess but I have stopped seeing the other guy (though I can't get our sexual encounters out of my head). I am going to try and make this work and give it my all with my husband and just hope for the best. I am also seeking God's hand in this one as it is a spiritual warfare

Someone asked if my husband knows the other guy, the answer is no and we don't have any mutual friends.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 10, 2011
jennykadry:

If you are not going to tell your man about it believe me you have got a harder work to do to make that marriage work and that is the truth. You have to make him feel like the ''One out of a million man you once fell in love with. Do not for any reason remind him of his affair with that woman. You have to make him believe you have forgiven and forgotten, Get romantic and treat him like a baby; love him like you have never loved him, send him txt messages at work, you both go for a vacation, tell him you have forgiven him and tell your husband you need him back in your life.

Please break up with that Mr perfect D[i]i[/i]ck you are dating and work on your marriage. If your husband is someone that rubs his affairs in his wife's face or calls you names and physically abuses you, I would have told you to go ahead and tell him about the affair but if he is this calm dude that wants to make his marriage work please get into that van and get his feelings for you back.

Do you want your marriage to work? then keep shut and get working. Tell him and you will lose your marriage and your life.

this is good advice take it maybe u can confess your crime when you are 65 yrs old or when your husband is truly touched by God. Telling him now is not good for your marriage.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 10, 2011
Posted before i saw ur last post so Good for you.keep praying and working on your marriage.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Pukkah: 10:51am On Jun 10, 2011
~Minx~:

Thanks for all your responses. I have made a decision NOT to confess but I have stopped seeing the other guy (though I can't get our sexual encounters out of my head). I am going to try and make this work and give it my all with my husband and just hope for the best. I am also seeking God's hand in this one as it is a spiritual warfare

Do try with will and sincere efforts to make it work with your husband. I wish you well.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by jimgirl(f): 11:05am On Jun 10, 2011
He cries and sobs and manipulates me and I end up feeling sorry for him and giving in to his sexual advances. it's really a difficult situation and I think only God can help me through this. Those who pray please remember me in your prayers.

@ Poster.

I am so mad at you. so very Mad. Read on and know why i am so mad at you.

You have found yourself in a very difficult position, no doubt and i sympathise with you. Now the way forward. you have said that you want to stop sleeping with Mr. Sexgod but he cries and sobs and manipulates you and then you feel sorry for him and give in. Oh Jeez, did you really say that? what about you? dont you feel sorry for yourself? don't you feel all dirty and guilty when you guys are done? don't you feel like getting into the bathroom and scrubbing off every part of your skin where he may have touched you? i bet you do cos you have said you don't love him and its just for sex. Why then are you putting the godforsaken feelings of that son of a gun before yours and your marriage? if he was blackmailing you financially or stuff like that then we may try to understand why you give in but thats not the situation, he is blackmailing you with tears and you give in? are you that weak c'mon now, use your head. See the guy for what he is, he clearly does not give a rat ass abt you. he is more concerned about the sexual pleasures he is getting cheaply from you a married woman. He knows he has nothing to lose and so he is going to try to leech on for as long as you allow him. you and you alone can stop this madness. prayers are good but you have to be determined first.

Tell that guy to sod off and fast then you can begin to seek the redemption you so desperately need right now. err and by the way, i belong to the school of thought that says dont tell your husband at least not yet.Mum's the word.

Pls keep us posted. Cheers
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2011
I just hope the other guy does not come back to cause trouble
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 10, 2011
No one goes into marriage planning to cheat (except men of course)  undecided . . .

But these things happen!

Instead of wallowing in self-pity, I'll advice you to forget about the affair and move on. Life's too short to waste on regrets!  cool  cool
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by monkeyleg: 12:16pm On Jun 10, 2011
~Minx~:

Someone asked if my husband knows the other guy, the answer is no and we don't have any mutual friends.
Out of interest, why have you decide now that you want this marriage and your husband?
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by golamike: 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2011
How can ur marriage be 4 years and your only son 7 years?
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by golamike: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
How can ur marriage be 4yrs and ur only son 7yrs? I sense something here!
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Lauradee01: 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2011
OP,please do not tell your husband abut your affair. The truth is bitter but the society is not fair to women. I am not trying to justify what you both did to each other but when the whole thing comes out in the open,you, my friend will be on the losing end. No one will opennly condemn your husband's actions. But you will be called every unprintable name in the book.

If i were you i'd do everything humanly possible to mend fences with him. Since he has told you about his own misdeeds,just accept it and  let it go. But bear in mind that it doesn't mean he won't repeat it. Afterall he is a man. But you,my friend should personally work to restore your dignity. What you did might be wrong but who are we to judge you. Just confess to your CREATOR cos he is the only one who can trully forgive you without rubbing it in your face at every opportunity.

We are all humans and are prone to mistakes.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by sleekman(m): 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
toyemz:

@sleekman

sir you are rambling
The Bible says he who is sinless,let him cast the first stone and gradually the crowd faded away
Unfortunately sir,this is the times of our age,that where marriages should be held sacred,infidelity and what have you tend to sneak in
can you imagine if everyone who committed a blunder in marriage were put to death,how much of the world populace would be left,especially within the male gender?
so don't cast stones sir,don't judge  her and don't cast her
If it is the will of God that her marriage will stand there is nothing you can do about it
work with her on how to put things right
don't castigate her and don't crucify her
thank you

I'm so sorry that my ramblings's causing rumblings inside u. So thats the latest weapon u all have to continue ur stupid, totless and atrocious activities? because Jesus said he without a sin should cast the first stone and no one. Common lady then why don't we just set all the prisoners free because some have commited murder, theft and a whole worse more. Isn't ur 'little rambling' void of logic? Hear you have a man and a woman in a union who let their lusty desires do their thinking for them without considering the future of a 7yr old. Sounds to me ure a christain who believes in always seeking forgiveness & repeating the same sin. U know I remember a husband and a wife who lied to the Holy Spirit and were instantly judged. Pls don't misinterprete the bible before u'll ask me who has d power to forgive sins. Just to answer the question, I also have the authority to forgive this woman's sin but is she remorseful? No?
Has she lied under public oath, yes. Only those with a heavy heart and require saving have access to Grace. She must first realise what she has done and seek forgiveness both from her husband and God. Besides didn't she judge her husband when she found out he was having an affair? because he got caught condemnation only applies to him. She must confess her sins to seek redemption.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by okemmadu(m): 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2011
Bring ur husband to Nairaland. Let him go through everything said on this thread and watch his reaction.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by okemmadu(m): 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2011
Ohh, sorry that won't be a good one. You have give out some clues to him.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2011
~Minx~:

Good luck with your decision and hope that your home is back to normal soon
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by spikedcylinder: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
A lot of hypocritical dweebs on this site sef. I wonder what the responses would have been if this story was told from a man's point of view.

Awon alakori. undecided
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by spikedcylinder: 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2011
There is way too much holier than thou going on in this topic.

I really think you are being unrealistic Monkeyleg all this truth truth truth.

I really dont think the best solution is to go about blabbing without thinking.  She knows her husband best and she knows the situation she is in. 

Its ok for a man to have an affair it doesnt destroy them or their families infact if a woman makes too much noise they will tell her to sit down and shut up.

Now if a woman has an affair God save her she will be disgraced sent packing and have her life made hell.

Even if she tells him, now is not the right time she should solve the issues they have now before saying "oh by the way I have been haing mindblowing sex for months"

Thank you o, Lady T.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2011
spikedcylinder:

A lot of hypocritical dweebs on this site sef. I wonder what the responses would have been if this story was told from a man's point of view.

Awon alakori. undecided

Lol
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by karpenter: 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2011
This marriage is over and done with. On the face of presented facts, there's absolute nothing that could make you resist your adulterous partner if a conducive situation pops up. This is called “Okafor’s” theory – “a hole once profitably drilled can always be drilled again”. [i][/i]You are now everlastingly under the spell of the self described “wonderful sexual experience”. This, you certainly did not obtain from your husband. I then wonder how you’ll ever work things out with your husband as being suggested by some of these unrealistic commentators.

Don’t get mislead, you can’t survive the rest of your married life with unexciting sexual life, especially when you’ve tasted something better elsewhere. It’s a joke.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2011
karpenter:

This marriage is over and done with. On the face of presented facts, there's absolute nothing that could make you resist your adulterous partner if a conducive situation pops up. This is called “Okafor’s” theory – “a hole once profitably drilled can always be drilled again”. [i][/i]You are now everlastingly under the spell of the self described “wonderful sexual experience”. This, you certainly did not obtain from your husband. I then wonder how you’ll ever work things out with your husband as being suggested by some of these unrealistic commentators.

Don’t get mislead, you can’t survive the rest of your married life with unexciting sexual life, especially when you’ve tasted something better elsewhere. It’s a joke.

Ummmmmm . . . . . .
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by monkeyleg: 1:55pm On Jun 10, 2011
karpenter:

You make a very big point. We still do not why she strayed. potentially sex with her husbadn may never be the same again, can you imagine what would be going through her head.
Re: Married, Having An Affair, Hubby Also Having An Affair: What To Do? by Fhemmmy: 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
monkeyleg:

You make a very big point. We still do not why she strayed. potentially sex with her husbadn may never be the same again, can you imagine what would be going through her head.

She already said that she cant get off her head the nice good time she spent with the other dude, but she is willing to let go and work things out with her husband, so we could only wish her well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

n / Why Would Someone Not Want To Be Close To Their Extended Family? / My Husband Want Anal Sex, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.