Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another (18228 Views)

Changing Job From One Federal Government Agency To Another / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources 2018 Recruitment / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources Port Harcourt Recruitment (Apply Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by evelicious(f): 9:05am On Nov 24, 2021
Thanks for your time....Kindly put me through

I am currently undergoing an Msc in Public Health in one of Nigeria's prestigious Universities.
Also, I'm working with an agency domiciled in the Ministry of Labour...my concern now is how easy is it to transfer service from my ministry to another ministry (health related ministry) upon completion of my second degree.

Pls, details of steps to take would be highly welcomed.

Note: due process was undertaken for approval of getting the second degree.

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Donaldomo(m): 1:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
You can do it! Discuss with the AHR department of your office, they should be able to guide you adequately.

FTC, first time after many years!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Reader530(m): 1:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Apply through the MD
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by GboyegaD(m): 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
You should be able to get the information since you work with the Ministry of Labor. Please do good to share the information once you have it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by AzuNas: 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Alright
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by 1Alex: 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Transfer of service

1 Like

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by micflo28(m): 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
I need this too. I want to move from one paramilitary agency to another. Any heads-up

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by biggz82: 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Let me wait and learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Timekeeper: 1:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
sad sad sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Neutral15(m): 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
I want to move from my house ministry to any federal govt ministry
Amen to those praying for same intention

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by backT(m): 1:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
How did you get the appointment? Is it through FCSC? If yes, write to the chairman, federal civil service commission through your permanent secretary.
Though according to public service rule, there must be an existing vacancy in the ministry you want to move to. Thank you.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Ekakamba: 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2021

Federal Civil Service Commission staff update OP.
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by applebee: 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
You'll need to go through the office of the head of civil service of the federation
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Omooniya1: 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2021
Very easy, in as much as the new Ministry you are going is ready to absorb you as there staff, then you write your former (old) ministry or parastatal informing them to transfer your Service to your new ministry.

I was formerly working in one of this Federal Parastatal and I got another Parastatal that pay more than my former Parastatal..... First what i did was to seek for two years Secondment, I was granted, after the two years lapsed, I went back to my former office and seek for another 2 years and I was also granted totaling (4) years and after the expiration of the last two years... I then write for Transfer of service to my new parastatal, and I was granted. The only issue is, you must atleast ensure that you got your appointment letter in your new office in other for you not to jeopardize the old one..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by femi4: 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
evelicious:

I am currently undergoing an Msc in Public Health in one of Nigeria's prestigious Universities.
Also, I'm working with an agency domiciled in the Ministry of Labour...my concern now is how easy is it to transfer service from my ministry to another ministry (health related ministry) upon completion of my second degree.

Go through your DG and fcsc
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Pearlspar: 1:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
OK

Are you a young school leaver? Do you want to acquire skills that will help you in the Corporate world or your business? Then, I have good news for you.
An opportunity exists for the post of an online customer service representative in a reputable marketing and technology company located at Montgomery Road, Yaba.
Qualification: SSCE OR OND
We are looking for someone who with the following qualities:
1. Experienced in social media management.
2. Has a good command of English.
3. Can work both from home and office when required.
4. Is willing to learn.
Interested persons should click on this link https://bertatech.typeform.com/to/zP7r56 OR call 08067935939 to apply.

Tell a friend to tell a friend of this valuable opportunity.
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Lisaint(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
How una dey get this federal job sef

8 Likes

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by seunmsg(m): 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
evelicious:

Extremely difficult if you ask me. The best option is to wait for your desired ministry to declare vacancy. You can then apply for a fresh appointment and once you get it, you can easily apply for merger of service.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by We4all: 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2021
People saying that it is very easy have no idea. As an ordinary citizen, you can’t just transfer like that without long legs.

I know some people who tried but never succeeded. If you go through the normal process, it may never happen.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by BarrElChapo(m): 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by soft101: 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
Where you wan go?
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by ppogba: 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2021
There should be colleagues you can get that information from not necessarily Nairaland.

If you spend a week in your place of assignment, this should not be difficult.

No be everything be Nairaland.
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by NaijaNaWaa: 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
Don't be lazy. Read the Public Service Rules or see your Commissioner at Federal Civil Service Commission

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Confirmedzombie: 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Write an application to the Head of service using your present ministry letter head paper

Copy the chairman Federal civil service commission.

Attach all your credentials.

Ensure you get an acknowledgement copy and also include your phone numbers in your application under your name

1 Like

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by KelvinCoaster(m): 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
evelicious:

If you have written COMPRO then you need to refer to Section 5: 020501 and 020502 of the Public Service Rules.

Good luck to you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by Lordbinsmar: 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
grin
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by talk2hb1(m): 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Omooniya1:

First what i did was to seek for two years Secondment, I was granted, after the two years lapsed, I went back to my former office and seek for another 2 years and I was also granted totaling (4) years and after the expiration of the last two years...
Is Secondment like a leave or something??
Here to learn please!
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by thatigboman1: 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2021
talk2hb1:

Is Secondment like a leave or something??
Here to learn please!
secondment is not leave.
U can be working in ministry of labour and your services are need in needed in ministry of education, you will write and be seconded to the ministry of education, while ministry of labour still pay ur salary. Where u are seconded to will be paying you allowances. Usually 2 years.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by tafabaloo(m): 2:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
Me too wan port from Ministry of Culture go Ministry of Petroleum Resources?

Who no like better thing ? kiss
Re: How Can One Transfer Service From One Federal Ministry To Another by talk2hb1(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2021
thatigboman1:
secondment is not leave.
U can be working in ministry of labour and your services are need in needed in ministry of education, you will write and be seconded to the ministry of education, while ministry of labour still pay ur salary. Where u are seconded to will be paying you allowances. Usually 2 years.
Okay, Thanks.
How about situation where a public servants goes for a political appointments or post, what request is filed please?
Thank you in advance!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sales Manager And Distributors Needed / Offer Letter Just Dropped / Who Suffers Unemployment Most, Males Or Females?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.