Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Blackberry Sucks! - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Sucks! (12603 Views)

Nairaland Apk Sucks / How To Restore My Old BBM , The New Version Sucks / Glo Sucks Bigtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by LUKINGUY(m): 7:20am On Jun 12, 2011
Many comments about BB etc. I think we all have different choices based on your application. We have 3 different kind of phone users
1. Those who define features before functions
2. Those who define functions before feature
3. And those who can't define feature and functions they only want to follow public demands.

I advise define functions before feature otherwise it would be absurd to just follow the public.

As for me my blackberry has been flexible and user friendly. Every bit of its application has been of the greatest advantage.

If you have bad battery, then consider your came with fake battery. It was not bought from approved gene source
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Dominionng(m): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2011
nonsense
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Brisingr(m): 9:41am On Jun 12, 2011
too many anti bb thread nowadays am startin too wonder if dis is not a covert operation sponsored by nokia 2 continue there monopoly on 9yja market
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by marcus1234: 9:54am On Jun 12, 2011
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by MrInfo1(m): 11:03am On Jun 12, 2011

Facebook for blackberry ® 2.0 is the new cool mehn

http://twitpic.com/5ahrc9
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by klas(m): 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2011
I have been paying N7,500 monthly for glo 'always' for my SGS. I learnt the monthly charge for BB is just N2,800. That is a difference of N4,700 monthly or about N57,000 in a year yet the impression I got from this thread is that the same all round internet service is offered by the telecom operator for such a huge price differential.

I think it is time to make a switch to BB for economic reason. Can somebody pls clarify
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by MrInfo1(m): 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2011
Dude i'd suggest you maintain the (7,500/month for 6gig) status quo, Glo's (2,800/month) bb plan has a 1.5Gig limit except u dnt mind
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by TCD: 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2011
klas:

I have been paying N7,500 monthly for glo 'always' for my SGS. I learnt the monthly charge for BB is just N2,800. That is a difference of N4,700 monthly or about N57,000 in a year yet the impression I got from this thread is that the same all round internet service is offered by the telecom operator for such a huge price differential.

I think it is time to make a switch to BB for economic reason. Can somebody pls clarify

A Mr info said, Glo has a cap of 1.5GB for BIS month. But MTN gives you Unlimited for 3,000. So if you have MTN 3G in your area you can use MTN instead.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by TCD: 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2011
klas:

A Mr info said, Glo has a cap of 1.5GB for BIS month. But MTN gives you Unlimited for 3,000. So if you have MTN 3G in your area you can use MTN instead.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by klas(m): 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2011
Thanks Mr.Info and TCD

But then,with the cap of 1.5gb, that is equivalent of glo 'mini' which cost N5,000 if I am to subscribe to it on SGS. That is almost double the price for the same benefit. Wetin dey do dis operators sef?
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by eherbal(m): 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2011
life was much more easier when when ''Apple'' and "Blackberries" WERE JUST FRUITS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mrofficial(m): 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2011
^^ What are you doing here, Mr e-herbal? Do you make use of mobile phone?cheesy
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by MrInfo1(m): 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2011
i remember those days when i had to stay awake all night cus i want to update one yeye OS on my nokia but it a very different case with the bb, updating my device didn't take up to 30mins to finalize grin. .(OS size of 100mb plus o)  shocked and mehn the he fast pass Hussein Bolt now and  i was under the impression that my airtel service book might get wiped b4 but to my surprise all my data, apps even bbm contact r al intact after d upgrade.

way to go RIM
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by eaemmy(m): 12:39am On Jun 13, 2011
eheen,,,, Purchasing a phone all depends on what you are expecting from it.The fact that someone purchased a bb does not rule him out automaticaly as a fool, but could be that he/she seeks only in making use of less functs like telephony and chatting . As it is quit obvious that someone might be possesion of a sound nokia product but fail to maximise potentials derivable from that phone as such not attach value to it.
I advice that if you really need a phone to serve you wella ,bb shld'nt top your list .I rather sugest you go for a (htc touch diamond ,iphone or nokia symbian 3rd edition product) to really maximise your digital experience .,,,
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by turawafett(f): 1:40am On Jun 13, 2011
All you need to do is to downgrade your BB software to 5.0. I have a bold 2 with 5.0 firmware, I then upgraded to 6.0 and my BB started having same problem, I had to downgrade back to 5.0.
The reason is that Bold 2 has an inbuilt memory of 256MB and the 6.0 firmware is about 165MB, after that some other applications like facebook, instant messenger make use of space as well.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Ecash1: 6:14am On Jun 13, 2011
That is not enough reason to say BB sucks, every other device has its own limitation(s).

Be that as it may, there is a work around for it.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by jadacliff(m): 8:32am On Jun 13, 2011
hey guys, lets be real ok am current using bb torch bt i still prefer HTC phones to bb or nokia,
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by patholaw: 8:51am On Jun 13, 2011
I also noticed dat some pple dat can't afford a BB with monthly subscription are usually the once complaining the most,
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by cupid4ig(m): 11:40am On Jun 13, 2011
maybe ur bb is china i own a blackberry bold foe which is bold 9780 and trust me it is the best phone i have ever used. i download files as large as 189mb, videos and songs. i have only 4give on it so what i do is once i downloads any file i will transfer to my laptop. and i open any website i want. and watch movies online. youtube and every other thing. even sites like tagged that dont open in naija i open all on my bb. so get ur facts right b4 u criticize a product. and if u most know nokia are dropping there symbian os because people are beginning to drop on there products. if u want phone to play songs with go for nokia, if u want phone for internet dont be deceived there is only one phone for internet and that is BLACKBERRY. it rocks

i hate blackberry phones b4 cos of the hipe but i just decide to give it a trial and i never regretted it, right now my nokia n97 is just my house phone ok.

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mxxpunkxx: 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2011
patholaw:

I also noticed dat some pple dat can't afford a BB with monthly subscription are usually the once complaining the most,

WORD !!!
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Sike(m): 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2011
e-herbal:

life was much more easier when when ''Apple'' and "Blackberries" WERE JUST FRUITS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Buh now things has changed. Pathetic??
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by wrecksfurd(m): 9:36am On Jun 14, 2011
Yeah, BB sucks!! I'll rather save up money for an iphone or Android than buy a Blackberry.
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by mekaboy(m): 1:35pm On Jun 14, 2011

THE ONLY WAT TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM, ITS CALLED ((SMASHING)) , IT WORKS, MAKE SURE U STANDING LIKE 10 STEPS AWAY FROM A WALL. THROW IT WIT ALL UR STRENGHT ON THE WALL. PICK THE PIECES UP AND IT WILL WORK.

Re: Blackberry Sucks! by sedulus(m): 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2011
we are sedulus computers located at central of IBADAN city , We runing the programm of both online training on all aspect of I.C.T such as programming,networking,desktop publishing ,engineering webdesign,sofware developer and customizing, and all other aspect in computer and information technology pls contact us by visiting www.clifford.110mb.com and click on either online training or training , for online training pls visit or online forum site to register on www.cliford-sedulus-online-training.web.com

Read the procedure
thanks sedulus , Director clifford chinedu
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Ossaifamous(m): 4:02am On Jun 15, 2011
I haven't used the best of phones but I can say I ve use Nokia N85, 5800 and some other average fones but using the BB was 1 good experience
The stuff can download like hell and trust me I download em rock songs like hellfire, What more I gat an opera mini but prefer the native browser cos it can open all
If u gat android all I can say is bigup but then billions of folks using the bb can be all that dumb leave us alone and let's us use our smartphone,
Thanks critics
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by MrInfo1(m): 9:25am On Jun 15, 2011
Ossai famous:

I haven't used the best of phones but I can say I ve use Nokia N85, 5800 and some other average fones but using the BB was 1 good experience
The stuff can download like hell and trust me I download em rock songs like hellfire, What more I gat an opera mini but prefer the native browser cos it can open all
If u gat android all I can say is bigup [b]but then billions of folks using the bb can be all that dumb leave us alone [/b]and let's us use our smartphone,
Thanks critics

haba angry grin
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by rajstyle01(m): 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2011
BB"s are generally just good for social networking and maybe reciving Email. you can not compare any BB device to HTC/windows/i phone/android . they are all superior. D BB craze is a trend thing and most of dem cost less than an iphone n HTC. the torch versions are even worse compared to BOld/curve/javelin. storm are always hanging and d same screen was put in d new torch. i presently use a curve 1 and pinging with ease. flashy BB's are just over priced and the prices crash like a pack of cards. if am going to change my BB am definately not going waste my hard earned money on some flashy thing that doesnt last long (battery life). choice is yours > cheers
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
BB will always continue to sell in naija cos they av no equal competition. iphone/HTC/windows phone are far more superior(n expensive) than d BB but how many people in naija can easily buy an iphone4/3gs? u can get a BB model for 25k n will ping(and browse) d same way a BB torch (80K) will ping. With the coming release of IOS5.0 for iphones4/3gs/ipods/ipads, which will av an app called imessage integrated into d ios(claims to work exactly like bbm but dont need any special subscription,just internet). all iphones4/3gs/ipods/ipads users will now start pinging each other but will still b a thing of class cos many naija peeps can't afford these new apple products. Pls dont let them rush iphone4 in naija the way they rush torch ooo. my friends using bb torch always eventually buy an iphone4. when they get to gatherings, they keep their torch in d pocket and place d iphone4 on d table. grin grin grin( cos everybody has a bb torch)
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:10am On Jun 16, 2011
i tire o, the torch na pure water now o, i nor just understand.

dem don demean the fone no be small, everywhere u look na torch u go see. i been wan ask one hungry looking chick i meet inside danfo bus whether e get where dem dey dash pple d fone ni grin grin grin
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by WhiteMan1: 1:48am On Jun 16, 2011
i tire o, the torch na pure water now o, i nor just understand.

dem don demean the fone no be small, everywhere u look na torch u go see. i been wan ask one hungry looking chick i meet inside danfo bus whether e get where dem dey dash pple d fone ni

I'm sorry for those of us who don't speak Nigerish, would you mind translating that?
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by Suntemi(m): 7:18am On Jun 16, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: Blackberry Sucks! by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2011
see u dey open teeth, why u nor translate for am, @ suntemi

anyway mr whiteman, na this kain one our pple dey term as O.Y.O.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

***chat Room By Honsule*** / N70,n72(s60v2 Guru) Ask Any Question / Important Update On Airtel Weekend Plan 1gb Data For N100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.