Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Don't Break The Hedge. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Break The Hedge. (5495 Views)

Does Water Break The Fast? / Don’t Break The Hedge! / Prayer Points To Break The Powers Of Witchcraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Break The Hedge. by Joagbaje(m): 8:30am On Jun 10, 2011
Ecclesiastes 10:8
He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him ().

Every child of God has a spiritual force-field around him; it’s a hedge of protection that repels the enemy. Did you ever read about Job in the Bible? Satan had tried unsuccessfully to attack the man, and so he asked God,

Job 1:10
“Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side?”

Even satan acknowledged that there was a hedge of protection round about Job and everything he had, until Job unfortunately breached it through his wrong confessions as revealed in job 3

Job 3:23-26:
“Why is light given to a man whose way is hid, and whom God hath hedged in? For my sighing cometh before I eat, and my roarings are poured out like the waters. For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.”

Here was a man who even satan acknowledged was hedged and divinely protected by God, yet he said “I was not in safety.” Little wonder he suffered terribly and lost everything he had to satan; He broke the hedge of protection placed around him by God through his negative confession. How important it is for us to keep speaking forth faith-filled words and not fear! Negative confessions breach the hedge of protection God has placed around you.

No child of God ought to experience sudden calamities or be overtaken by dire misfortunes; because there’s a hedge of protection around everyone one of us. No matter how the enemy tries to come at you, the Spirit of God will erect a repellent barrier against him:

Isaiah 59:19 AMP
“…When the enemy shall come in, like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him {and} put him to flight [for He will come like a rushing stream which the breath of the Lord drives]”

But guess what? He does it through you, for He functions and carries out His ministry in the earth through His kids.

So it’s your responsibility to fortify the hedge of protection placed around you by God and extend its perimeter. How? By talking right, and then also by praying in tongues! When you feel the pressures of life coming at you; maybe at your job, business, academics or in any area of your life, that’s not the time to cry, cower or talk fear! Instead, pray fervently in other tongues and talk your faith up until the power of God inundates your whole being and saturates the environment. As you do this often, the spiritual force-field around you gets wider and wider, repelling the enemy farther and farther.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for your hedge of protection around me. The perimeter of that hedge is activated to keep satan and the forces of darkness at bay, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Psalm 125:2-3
As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever. For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

-Pastor chris

1 Like

Re: Don't Break The Hedge. by nlMediator: 8:36am On Jun 10, 2011
I'm sorry but nothing in that scripture says that Job suffered because of a negative confession. The "safety statement" was a description of how he felt. It does not say he uttered it at all, much less BEFORE his calamity. Besides, the Scripture is clear as to why Job suffered. It's really disappointing to make any scripture fit our worldview, regardless of its clear expression.
Re: Don't Break The Hedge. by Joagbaje(m): 9:39am On Jun 10, 2011
Job obviously had fears which he talked about from time to time and that's what the enemy used as entry. Even though God allowed the enemy, the fears if job were open doors. He was always afraid he might loose everything. He had to make sacrifices for his children just in case they have cursed God.

Job 1:5
. . .Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually

He himself admitted his fears which he constantly talked about.

Job 3:23-26:
 “. . . For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.”

There was so much insecurity despite all the blessing. it's like a relationship born  by fear rather than by love for God.

Luke 1:74-75
74 . . might serve him without fear, 75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

If we make prayers and sacrifices ,they should be born out of love and not by fear.
1 John 4:18
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

So job was sinless in quote but he didn't know God fully, he worshipped religiously, but after his ordeal, he knew God by relationship. He acknowledge a new level of relationship with God at the end of his ordeal

Job 42:5-6
5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. 6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.
Re: Don't Break The Hedge. by nlMediator: 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2011
In other words, you're inferring Job made negative confessions, which in turn, caused his problems? Sorry, I don't buy the idea of building a whole message or doctrine on inferences. People can have fears without constantly talking about it. If the scripture had clearly said he talked negatively, I'd be more comfortable erecting a doctrine on that foundation. Even at that, I'd look for additional striptures to support the exact point. That's how we build integrity into the message that issues from the pulpit. Sometimes, I find it difficult to invite people with even a bit of higher education to church, because with their level of education, they'd be shocked at the kind of interpretation that if somebody did it in a secular field, like economics or physics, would assure that the speaker is laughed out of the room.

Aside: my personal opinion is that every child of God has a hedge around him or her. This hedge is not created by positive confession but by the fact of belonging to God's family. In essence, positive confession does not create the "force-field of hedge". In my undergrad days, I invited a guy to campus fellowship, who  was a member of a cult. Walking with him one day, he told me that there's something we christians have around our head (a "halo, I guess) but wondered that a particular girl he knew that also attended a fellowship (not sure which) did not have it. That's the point. The clear truth is that many people in church are simply not born again. They may have confessed Jesus as Lord, but did not do so from their heart, as Rom. 10 requires. Such people are wasting their time confessing protection for hours everyday. Meanwhile, those who are saved can rest easy that God is their protection - their life is hid in Him - and need no hedge built by a "force-field."

Does that mean they should go about confessing death, destruction and other negative things? No. But that's a separate issue. If they know who they are in Christ and maintain a fellowship with Him, such confessions would not even proceed from their mouth. But that's different from believing that your protection comes from your confession.

Finally, nothing in the Job story indicates that the enemy entered through Job's confession. The Bible is clear as to why the enemy attacked. Job was successful and still had his protection on. If he broke his hedge, why did the devil need permission? He'd have pounced readily.
Re: Don't Break The Hedge. by Joagbaje(m): 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2011
In our faults grace still works. There's protection still . If God allow all the consequences of our actions to come on us ,we won't stand. So the grace of God was still there. The bible characters we study about were not perfect , they had their short comings and umbrlief, we see the progression of their growth in knowledge and relationship with God.
Job was walking in fears which he confessed regularly and eventually ,the fear manifested. the issue is not what happened behind the curtain but the law of attraction.
Re: Don't Break The Hedge. by nlMediator: 7:05pm On Jun 10, 2011
Joagbaje:

In our faults grace still works. There's protection still . If God allow all the consequences of our actions to come on us ,we won't stand. So the grace of God was still there. The bible characters we study about were not perfect , they had their short comings and umbrlief, we see the progression of their growth in knowledge and relationship with God.
Job was walking in fears which he confessed regularly and eventually ,the fear manifested. the issue is not what happened behind the curtain but the law of attraction.

Again, you have no proof for your assertion that he confessed negatively and that the negative confession caused his problem. I have written countless exams in life and was afraid before everyone of them. But never confessed it. And never failed any. Your conclusion that people would necessarily confess their fears is neither based in the Job scripture nor in practical experience. What people do when they are afraid is what Job did: they pray. They call on God. They sacrifice to God, which is essentially the same thing as prayer. For you to translate the prayer into negative confession is a huge stretch.

On the law of attraction, you do realize that saying that one's fear attracted problems is different from saying one's fear led to negative confession which attracted the problem, right? That you would make such a giant leap without a clear basis is troubling.

I agree that grace is available. That does not mean we explain everything away by saying it was the grace of God that protected people, even when they were misbehaving. What if they were not misbehaving? Once more, you do realize somebody can use that to attack everything many christians do, like wearing lipstick, earrings - that they're misbehaving but the grace of God is protecting them? Would you accept that? Like I said earlier, it's really disappointing to see a whole message based on inferences, especially when the inferences run contra to the express words in the passage.

Again, do you have a clear scripture that says that our positive confession provides a "force-field" that we depend on for our protection? Are you willing to assert unequivocally that the millions of christians that do not positively confess their protection or do so on a regular basis are only living by the grace of God?
Re: Don't Break The Hedge. by Zikkyy(m): 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2011
Another gospel according to joagbaje sad This is another desperate attempt by jo to support his crazy theory regarding the effect of negative confession on the life of a Christian.
Re: Don't Break The Hedge. by nlMediator: 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2011
Zikkyy:

Another gospel according to joagbaje sad This is another desperate attempt by jo to support his crazy theory regarding the effect of negative confession on the life of a Christian.

It was a very bold move. In those days, if the scriptures are not clear on something, the teacher would say that a particular thing might have happened. Today, people just just declare that it happened, sometimes based on logic. Unfortunately, many of these people have no basic training in logic and their assertions cannot stand up to the most rudimentary of logical analysis.
Re: Don't Break The Hedge. by Joagbaje(m): 6:45pm On Jun 11, 2011
Zikkyy:

NLmediator has made his contribution, what is your own contribution? Taking a bite at joagbaje?. Open your bible and contribute.
Re: Don't Break The Hedge. by Zikkyy(m): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

NLmediator has made his contribution, what is your own contribution? Taking a bite at joagbaje?. Open your bible and contribute.

What are you talking about you want me to open the bible and prove that Job suffering was not based on his negative confessions I would do that if we can relate negative confession to Job suffering, but we can not. It's not in the bible Jo, so i dont understand why you want me to open the bible angry

(1) (Reply)

The Mark Of The Beast - If You See It, It’s Too Late. / A Simple Question For Atheists / Prayer Points For Pregnant Woman In Expectation Of Safe Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.