Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues (1420 Views)

Saraki Vs Tinubu Comparism: Why Overrate Bukola Saraki? / Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family / Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by zstranger: 8:55am On Jun 10, 2011
Whenever the biography of Sam Omatseye is written by history itself, as against constructs by fellow sycophants — I am sure the difference between story by history and story by the historian is beyond his grasp — it will be mentioned that he deployed not only his barren intellect, but his miserable soul solely to the cause of the brigand, Bola Tinubu. Tinubu has no pedigree; he belongs to the class of criminals immolated in the days of yore, but who, by the accident of history, have now found themselves in the commanding heights of timed power.

Before another sentence, let’s provide a background. Bola Tinubu, sole proprietor of the ACN, was once at the Tribune House, Ibadan. Mission: to buy over the Tribune management in the service of his political agenda. He had already compromised the Lagos newspapers, and anyone in doubt should ask why The Nigerian Tribune  has, by the grace of God, remained the only paper in the country to report the judicial atrocities going on in the country on his behalf, his (Tinubu’s) case with the EFCC and allied issues. Should the Tribune join Tinubu’s empire, we’d also begin to carry the kind of stories which said Alao-Akala had fled the country after Ajimobi’s inauguration, even while the former governor was in the church opening his mouth as wide as he was wont to, in praises to God in Ogbomosho, less than 300 kilometres from the printing room of their medium. We would have glossed over the carnage unleashed by ACN brigands in Akwa Ibom  State, and Tribune editors would get the kind of salaries paid Omatseye and others from the money paid by the Lagos State government on a monthly basis into the coffers of Tinubu’s company, Alpha Beta, or its sister company in Osun State, Infinity Concept.

He was told off. That Tinubu, like a pampered child, did not get his desired candy as he imagined in capturing the Nigerian Tribune did not go down well with him. And then came The Nation and its onslaught on the Nigerian Tribune.  Mission: to get the Tribune out of the way so that Emperor Tinubu can take over the nation.

In another attack on Awo launched by Tinubu (“Awo family without an Awo”, The Nation, Monday June 6, 2011, back page)  through his errand boy, Sam Omatseye, this time on Awo’s family, Mama (Dr) H.I.D Awolowo, the woman who stood by the sage throughout his odyssey, the woman who recently lost another child, the woman who has carried on her husband’s torch since 1987, was tagged  a worthless woman. He wrote: ‘’I once wrote that this woman whom Awo once described as a jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause (sic). If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death (sic).”

Beyond the infelicities of “lost value to his cause,”  and  ‘’if he came back to life he would have committed”( Gloss: If he  came back to life, he would commit.), I am not  shocked that this fellow can pour such imprecations on a 96-year-old woman. His principal has not got a certificate, and I am sure he has unresolved issues with marijuana.  Beyond that, character, which the Yoruba say is beauty, does not dwell in beasts, felons without a pedigree. We know what brought Tinubu to Lagos, and will inform Omatseye in the coming weeks.

Omatseye wrote: “The so-called real Awolowos who bear his surname cannot come up for mention. They are Awolowos but not Awoists. They stabbed their father in the back. They have committed ideological parricide. The only person that made a real try was Awolowo-Dosumu in the early 1990s and she lost roundly. She was accused of trying to ride her father’s coat tail.”

On what grounds were these conclusions based?  Do the Awolowo children have to negotiate their existence only within the purview of Tinubu’s brand of Awoism,  or not? We recall that even Awolowo-Dosumu was frustrated by Tinubu and his gang. Coming from a distinguished parentage, she knew the best thing to do was withdraw when the jewels had been thrown to the dogs.

Omatseye even went spiritual. ‘’In another spoof of Christ, where were his family anyway (sic)?” Omatseye’s analogy is illiterate, because James, the Lord’s brother, became a frontline apostle in the church, and even authored an epistle. So, if our guy thinks that the family of Jesus wasn’t of much worth, why would anyone expect him to see any good in the Awo family? I do not want to print the other diatribes against the Awo family because I know that this naughty person will go to his grave covered in tears.

It should not be surprising that Omatseye sees Tinubu, a man accused by the Code of Conduct Bureau of operating 16 foreign accounts as governor, a man who bleeds the Lagos State treasury dry every month, a gnome given to gutter language and manipulator of the judiciary, as Awo’s successor in the South-West: “Ideologically, when we talk of Awo’s family, the chief inheritor is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the leader of all the others.”

Are you shocked? The man who imposed candidates all over the South-West is Awo’s successor, according to Omatseye. Tinubu, who hasn’t a single paper to his name. The subject of attack is Obafemi Awolowo himself, make no mistake about it. And you should not be surprised that ‘’in all the states from Lagos to Edo, Awo has witnessed a resurgence,” and that “Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist (sic).”

But the last time I visited schools in my home town, Ikorodu, teachers had their office under trees, and I saw not a single motorable road.The masses are locked up in Black Marias for hawking, and life is hell in Lagos State. This is the handiwork of the progressives, the real members of the Awo family, according to Omatseye. We hope Tinubu will go as far as burning down the Ikenne home of the Awolowos to prove a point.

[size=18pt]Yet, try as he may, Tinubu will never become Yoruba leader. He will remain the felon, the brigand that he has always been, until his cup is full.
[/size]

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/opinion/23232-the-making-of-a-naughty person-1
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by zstranger: 8:56am On Jun 10, 2011
Amen!

lagbara awon iya mi osoromoniga
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 10, 2011
I think the battleline has been drawn between Awolowo family and sympathizers with their Media, Tribune on one hand and Tinubu and his men(Sam Omatseye and co)  with their media, The Nation, on eth other hand.

*****Jarus takes a seat, watches who will win********
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by EkoIle1: 9:07am On Jun 10, 2011
What else is new, they write the same trash everyday.

And this attack was written by a paid newspaper journalist and the same hypocrites crying about some write up.

Wonders shall never end.

Well, it really doesn't matter what fish wrap rubbish that woman and her attack newspaper spew, her and her PDP benefactors can not suppress the will of the people of the SW. The same newspaper Awo started to be the voice of the people is now shouting down and oppressing the people on behalf of the oppressors.

What a tragedy.

The SW shall continue to shine and Tinubu go continue cleaning their clocks.
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by zstranger: 9:14am On Jun 10, 2011
This is the beginning of the end of tinubu and definitely the end of Omatseye is public commentary.

The Concord did the same thing. We all know where they are now!
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by EkoIle1: 9:25am On Jun 10, 2011
zstranger:

This is the beginning of the end of tinubu and definitely the end of Omatseye is public commentary.

The Concord did the same thing. We all know where they are now!

You are wrong, the people of the SW passed their judgement already in favor of Tinubu, they spoke with their votes against HID and her PDP benefactors in favor of Tinubu. They published tons of the same rubbish before the elections and the people of the SW read through their BS and still gave their support to Tinubu and the ACN and that's what's killing them.

Sadly, this is the end of the Tribune and gladly, this is the beginning of Tinubu's ascendancy. 

One newspaper and some greedy elements can not trash the will of 15 million SW'sners, this is not Tribune against the concord or the Nation, this is the Tribune against the SW.

And you need to read people's comments under their trash, people know what's going on and they are trashing them back

Mr Awolaja
written by leke Josuah, June 09, 2011
Awolajo or whatever you call yourself, so it is because of Tinubu that Tribune has become the only newspaper in Nigeria that keeps reporting the corruption in the Judiciary. So Tinubu has acquired all the newspaper in Nigeria except Tribune. I doff my hat for Tinubu if that is the case. Awolaja, we are not fools in Yorubaland, The damage the Awolowo family members has caused the legacy of the late sage will take a long time to be repaired. They strongly supported the poll riggers in the PDP as they brought politics of assasination to yorubaland. I heard you saying that Tinubu will never become the yoruba leader, so who is he now? The man who has succeded in democractically putting leaders in almost all the states in yorubaland. Is it Obasanjo who through unprecedented rigging put brigands in power all over south west in 2003 that is the yoruba leader? Tinubu is a our leader in yorubaland politically. you people are loosers and loosers you will continue to be forever. Amen.
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by olaolabiy: 9:47am On Jun 10, 2011
zstranger:

‘’I once wrote that this woman whom Awo once described as a jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause (sic). If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death (sic).”

Omatseye even went spiritual. ‘’In another spoof of Christ, where were his family anyway (sic)?”

and that “Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist[b] (sic)[/b].”

Naijaaaaaaaaa! Chei!

See them ooo.
Dem don begin show off Use of English again oo.

Another man's language. O ga oo.

Stranger my man, long time oo. Busy with coursework?
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by zstranger: 10:13am On Jun 10, 2011
^^^^

Mehn, HID supporters arent messing around!

This Omatseye guy is going down. They are attacking everything about him, his name, education, professional life, and, interestingly, his writing ability.

Very interesting!

SW rocks!  grin

I dey ohhhhh, Professor. Examu lo so mo nu bi oko grin
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by MaiSuya(m): 11:24am On Jun 10, 2011
Funny thing while Tribune has gone all out to rubbish the image Omatseye and his alleged benefactor, Tinubu, The Nation, on the other hand, has maintained a curious silence over the issue. If you notice, not a single mention has been made of the faceooff in any of their editions after the publication by Omasteys.
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by DrummaBoy(m): 11:46am On Jun 10, 2011
Tribune is compromised. Tinubu is a Godfather & a dictator
Isn't obvious we shoul seek political freedom elsewhere: BB!!
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by mbulela: 11:53am On Jun 10, 2011
Tribune calling BAT a manipulator of the judiciary.
This getting interesting.
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by Mariory(m): 11:55am On Jun 10, 2011
DrummaBoy:

Isn't obvious we shoul seek political freedom elsewhere: BB!!

Never! Not even in N^n lifetimes. . .where 'n' is a ridiculously large number towards infinity. We will never forget what Buhari did to Lagos.
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by dustydee: 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2011
Tinubu didn't say anything. Face Omotseye and not Tinubu
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by mbulela: 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2011
^^^^
I have a bridge to sell.Please give me a call.
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by olawalebabs(m): 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2011
wHAT IS ALL THIS THRASH ABOUT BEING YORUBA LEADER, LEADER MY FOOT
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by lucabrasi(m): 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2011
@post
this isjust utter tripe!!! so what if h.i.d awolowo is over 90 yrs old,does that take away from the fact that she has compromised the ideals her late husband stood for??
why are we yorubas so irritatingly hypocritical??
winnie mandela also stood by nelson mandela for 27 years,that didnt stop her being jailed for offences committed, when the queen was out of line concerning lady diana she was told off even though she was in her 80s,when prince phillip 90 yrs old made some comments he was told off being 90 something does not mean you are now a goddess or that we should worship her.
if h.i.d desires to be accorded the respect due her age and time then she should emulate the likes of the queen of england who is same age group as she is and not be partisan in her political support.
anyone in doubt should check tribune headlines all through the week concerning the justice salami saga and also the headline

Senators uncover destabilisation plot •ACN leaders fingered •The 2015 connection when you now actually read the article,they are talking about acn looking to oppose david mark.
what else would you expect an opposition to do,applaud everything david mark a pdp senate leader says??

so what if tinubu wanted to buy the tribune??the question should be how many copies are tribune titles shifting currently compared to the nation titles?
a man sam omatseye in his 50s of sound mind and intellect wrote what in my opinion is an objective article based on his thoughts and everybody who i am sure have not read the article nor if they have dont even understand it are screaming to crucify tinubu just because he owns the paper.
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by 2mch(m): 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2011
[img]http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://library.humboldt.edu/~chadwick/laughing_dog.gif&imgrefurl=http://library.humboldt.edu/~chadwick/nursresweb.html&usg=__MFkEqTCNU43wGGHXNGnIL6FYq1w=&h=150&w=166&sz=10&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=JjCys9awn27cXM:&tbnh=120&tbnw=132&ei=JC3yTYPEK4S3twet5a3tAg&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dlaughing%2Bdog%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D830%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=449&page=1&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0&tx=36&ty=61&biw=1280&bih=830[/img]

ACN looks so silly right now. That article about political almajiri fits very well to Omatseye. He is a fool. grin cheesy. Was all this yawa worth the money? It is best they change the Nation's name to "Nation Gossip Center." A man that panders to rubbish at the expense of his dignity ends up losing all. Now he and the ACN dictatorship end up looking insane and very st8upid. The outrage has been hilarious. Tinubu overestimated himself.
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by seanet02: 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
God Punish PDP and their agents
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by Mynd44: 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
Why are they mentioning Tinubu's name, did he write the article? Talk about misplaced agression
Re: Awo family/Tribune Vs Tinubu & co/The Nation/ACN: The battle continues by seanet02: 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2011
Mynd_44:

Why are they mentioning Tinubu's name, did he write the article? Talk about misplaced agression
I wonder oooooooooo

(1) (Reply)

I Know Abacha, Mko’s Killers - Al Mustapha •says S\west Leaders Were Bought Over / EFCC: Farida Waziri Fired, Ibrahim Larmode Appointed / OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.