Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Java - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java (2035 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java by medha90(f): 10:25am On Jun 10, 2011
hey guys,
i m thinking to make a project in java of moving a toy car using my laptop keyboard. i think this can be done by connecting the toy n my laptop by blue-tooth . can ny body give me suggestions how can i start, plz,
Re: Java by Fayimora(m): 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2011
Am not sure i get what you are saying. You have a toy car and want to make a "remote controller" which wud be your laptop
Re: Java by medha90(f): 7:17pm On Jun 10, 2011
yup, do u have ny idea for this project??,
Re: Java by medha90(f): 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2011
hey,
plz if u have ny idea for dis project plz let me know . this project is really important 4 me,
smiley smiley shocked.
Re: Java by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2011
I think this website might help you.

Controlling The Real World With Computers
http://www.learn-c.com
Re: Java by Zeta(m): 5:46am On Jun 17, 2011
Hi. I know Java bluetooth programming, but only for mobile phones. I wrote a program, called 'Whisper' that allows two students in a class to chat free of charge using just bluetooth. It's not difficult to know. You just have to get the knowledge into your head. Bluetooth has a maximum range of just 10m. How beneficial would making a toy car move ten metres? Ok. I would like that when I'm feeling down and just want to amuse myself.

If you are thinking of doing what you intend with Java it would be possible

1. if the toy has bluetooth,
2. if the toy has a kind of JVM installed in its chips, kind of like when a Nokia phone automatically comes with a JVM(to be more precise, its called a KVM for mobile devices),
3. and if you understand how the toy connects input instructions to its mechanical parts. Checking the manufacturer's technical manual or website should be your first attempt at this step.

If all these are satisfied, then all you need are good and easy to understand Java bluetooth books(they are free online, maybe not as easy to find) to study up how bluetooth communication works in the Java world. You would also have to download the JSR82 implementation for desktop pcs, though and fix the jar file into your classpath. Hope this helps.
Re: Java by Lokogoma: 9:14am On Jun 17, 2011
hi, my phone model LG X330T is new in the so it dont allowed Java games and application. please help
Re: Java by SayoMarvel(m): 7:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
lets start with the circuitry. are you developing this project alone? because you have a couple of things on you.
1. Mechanical - the construction of the body and the moving mechanisms of the toy vehicle.
2. Electrical - power and rotor stuffs, use of other electrical components to enhance the vehicle (e.g indicators, circuits that make sure the car either moves or doesn't move when battery is low etc, atleast your phone still rings at the normal volume even when battery is low and your camera's flashlight is always bright; so you don't want your car crawling like a snail do you?).
3. Electronics - the digital hardware (the mP, the radio communication components - bluetooth is particularly not a very good idea due to range and power consumption, a bro of mine did a project two years ago with signal transmission up to one mile using a remote control embedded in a jacket! so a mere ten meters won't do you a lot of good; don't forget the components on the remote control too). Wait, are you restricted to a phone as the remote control and Java as the intelligence tool? because my bro used c#.
4. Software support - how your equipment processes and responds to inputs (e.g turn left, turn right, move, stop, reverse, etc).

I'm a die hard Java guy but honestly to me, if you can implement the first three points above and you have wires that come like, ''when 5 volts electricity comes into me, the rotors roll and the car moves.'' you need need neither Java nor C#. all you need is a PLD, a programmer device, the Altera Quartus II or Max Plus+ II Baseline software and a good knowledge of the language called VHDL. Your car will move!
Re: Java by medha90(f): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2011
hey zeta,
than x for replying,
i understand what ur saying.i m thinking to purchase a toy car containing a remote control which can move in all d directions with d help of remote control, after dat i ll fix a Bluetooth in d circuit of car n do d programming of Bluetooth in java .
Is it going 2 work?
Re: Java by medha90(f): 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2011
hey sayoMarvel,
thanx for replying,
But whatever ur saying is d way of making an embedded system. I dont want to make an embedded toy car I simply want to move d embedded toy car with d help of my laptop keys, i hope u get it, cry
Re: Java by Zeta(m): 12:06am On Jun 22, 2011
Think of it this way: There are three pieces to your puzzle.

First piece: You have to write a program that makes your laptop able to send encoded data via bluetooth that essentially means the directions move left, move right, stop, slow down. For example, if there are four possible motions of car, the string "1|0|0|0", could mean 'move left,' while the string "0|1|0|0", could then mean 'move right'. You get the point.

Second piece : You have to have a functional bluetooth device in your car that can be turned on or off. You must know the bluetooth address of the bluetooth device or its friendly name for bluetooth data sending can occur between your laptop and the bluetooth device of the car.

Third piece: There has to be a program in some processor-chip in the car. This chip must be connected to the bluetooth device and also the mechanical parts of the car. This program running on this chip would have to decode the encoded data that the bluetooth device received, process the data(in our case the string) and then pass the right instruction to the mechanical parts of the toy car. I think for this last piece some embedded programming may be needed, as pointed out by the last guy.

I hope I was clear enough.
Re: Java by medha90(f): 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2011
Hey Zeta,
Again Than x a lot for replying,
I get what ur trying 2 say. Now I can start my project If I'll face ny problem i'll ask u, cheesy smiley wink
Re: Java by Zeta(m): 11:28pm On Jun 22, 2011
http://www.4shared.com/file/x1EfPtPW/Word_Fight.html

The link above will point you to a program for mobile phones. Get two phones and put the program in them. Run the program on both phones(the program won't work properly on blackberries, though it will run ). One of the phones has to wait for a connection, while the other has to connect to the other(you'll see this when you run the program).

I wrote this program when I was learning how to do bluetooth programming in Java about three months ago. I am putting this program here so that you can see bluetooth at work for doing more than just file transfers. The program may not seem interesting, but it was for me back then.

I wanted to use the experience gained from writing this program to develop a cool bluetooth game, but what I had in mind at the time was a bit too difficult for me. Maybe I'll give it a second try.
Re: Java by lekside44(m): 10:17am On Jun 23, 2011
the question should be if you are building the toy car yourself and the bluetooth chips or you are buying an already built toy car
Re: Java by medha90(f): 6:21pm On Jun 23, 2011
hey lekside44,
i m a computer science engineering student. I don't know much about circuits n embedded programming.so I'll buy a kit of toy which can support the Bluetooth in its circuit and able to move in all d directions. smiley
Re: Java by medha90(f): 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2011
hey zeta,
can u plz tell me some book or tutorial link for learning Bluetooth programming in java coz i m completely new at this??
Re: Java by Fayimora(m): 10:42pm On Jun 23, 2011
Bluetooth programming? Al you want to learn is J2ME and you must come across it,
Re: Java by Zeta(m): 10:58pm On Jun 23, 2011
Try downloading Java I/O by Elliote Rusty Harold. Go to chapter 25, titled 'Bluetooth' in part 7, titled, 'Devices.'

I didn't get the book by downloading it, so if you have a hard time downloading the book, I'll just have to copy that chapter for you. Just one other thing, I used other books for Java bluetooth programming, because my mind was set on bluetooth between phones, but the book I just recommended targets Java bluetooth programming between Laptops and other bluetooth enabled devices, and from what I remember there wasn't much difference in what you have to code. The major difference I think is that mobile phones already come with the bluetooth implementation, while for laptops you have to download the right jar files to include in your classpath and in some implementations, in your code you have to do some sort of one-time initialization that is absent for mobile phone bluetooth programming.

Remember this even though you may not understand it: Bluetooth programming can be done in several ways. Choose the Serial Port Profile/RFCOMM way, instead of the Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP)/Obex way.
Re: Java by SayoMarvel(m): 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2011
Someone gave M̶̲̥̅Ƹ A̷̷̴ link τ̲̅ȍ A̷̷̴ book  wireless J2ME programming  this forum. Check 2007 posts.
Re: Java by bigeliot4r: 1:21am On Jun 25, 2011
AIESEC Berlin searches a Web developer
for a technical internship. PHP,HTML,SQL and JavaScript
knowledge are required. The TN ID, is: TN-In-DE-
TU-2011-1459
Internship Title Internship in web development
TN Fee U.S. $0
Internship Focus Corporate Responsibility
Field of Work Information Technology
Working Hours From 9:0 To 18:0
With a total of 40 hours per week
Saturday work None
Payment Salary in U.S. - - $700
Payment Rate - - Monthly
Department in which the Intern will be working - web
development, pls, am d onli one dat undastand all d i.ds , i am an aiesecer , nd one major thing we do is xchange, so if u r intrested, call me up, wud giv u beta links were u wud be hansomly paid, ma numba, 08065144790
Re: Java by jacobadam: 7:23am On Jun 30, 2011
You know Java is a power machine level programming language. I think most of companies are using for java based apps. It is more secured and fast.

(1) (Reply)

How To Modify Simple Machine Forum (SMF) / Are There Good Android Developers On Nairaland? / Oracle Or Cisco Or Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.