Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1121229 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ymodulus: 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
stagger:

Why should I? September is approaching when schools abroad (UK and others) are opening for a new session. People will need foreign currency to pay school fees. Where will they source the money from seeing that dollar deposits are now prohibited? It will only come from electronic transfers.

The way I see it, I am actually acting a lot smarter than most people selling their dollars now. What do you think?

Bro, think twice

For school fees you use Form A. That's what is in vogue not all this buying dollars. Beside when travelling with above $10k you have to declare it. And What do you think you can sell yours cheaper than PTA? Or BTA?

Bro this is not people playing smart its playing wise. Why will I buy dollars from you when we have several options to pay for school fees.

1. Form A. ( 199.5 fidelity and 203 at stanbic. Last week )
2. PTA. ( 199.5 per dollar at Fidelity bank )
3. Money Gram ( rough exchange rate with charges 222 @ first bank )

Cc: Tdayof
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by FetchUK: 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
Interesting. smiley

Got naira needing to change at the moment.
Already offloaded all Β£ on me.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ymodulus: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
mimima:
alternative ways of sending money is through bills for collections and letters of credit.its the best
its not easy obtaining letter of credit.

And ma the popular Chinese banks like

1. Bank of China
2. Agricultural bank of China
3. Ibc
4. Merchant bank of China

They don't accept Loc from Nigerian banks except Frst Bank.

Good luck getting an Loc from first bank. It's like getting a pin in a desert.

***edit**

Letters of credit are used for business purposes, in relation to that I used china, since that's the major hub. It's mostly clothes importers from Turkey and veitnam that uses LOC.

Beside you can't use LOC for contraband goods. Good luck with customs
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ymodulus:

1. Bank of China
3. Ibc

***edit**

Letters of credit are used for business purposes, in relation to that I used china, since that's the major hub. It's mostly clothes importers from Turkey and veitnam that uses LOC.

my question is: how would importers of 41 items banned by CBN from interbank market and travellers get dollar to buy?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ymodulus: 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2015
makzeze:
my question is: how would importers of 41 items banned by CBN from interbank market and travellers get dollar to buy?
From BDC and sellers. Beside its there is a way to get the dollars over thia cheap using naira.

Some Nigerians even go buy from Benin that's the latest in vogue. But bDC is sure bet. Approach them before Wednesday.

They get dollars supply before wednesday fx from the cbn. Meet a BDC that know his onions.

If you Kano , Abuja. You can dial me up I link you up
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ymodulus:

From BDC and sellers. Beside its there is a way to get the dollars over thia cheap using naira.

Some Nigerians even go buy from Benin that's the latest in vogue. But bDC is sure bet. Approach them before Wednesday.

They get dollars supply before wednesday fx from the cbn. Meet a BDC that know his onions.

i am in abj.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by passwelle: 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ymodulus:

Please what do you mean by the bolded?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dasanchez1(m): 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ymodulus:

1. Bank of China
3. Ibc

***edit**

last sentence --- Lolz..
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by chidekings(m): 9:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ymodulus:

am loving ur write up more than when u were trying to swim in the murky waters of politics.
Very soon,we will do business.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
Since dollars don enter #200 for my area, guess no need for all this yaba again but I can see bank Mrs kicking against it
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mavinc4u(f): 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
As it is dollar can only be received through online transfer.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by LAX89(m): 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
Ymodulus:

Bro, think twice

For school fees you use Form A. That's what is in vogue not all this buying dollars. Beside when travelling with above $10k you have to declare it. And What do you think you can sell yours cheaper than PTA? Or BTA?
Cc: Tdayof

Quick question; What is the problem with declaring the $ you have at the airport, when its above $10k? I've made such declaration in Nigeria and overseas, and each time there was no issue. You only have issues when you don't declare the cash, or can't explain it.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by IVORY2009(m): 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
Gbese re' Gbese reee ooh, black market operators here in my area is complaining that there are nobody buying dollars, too much dollars in circulation and der are no customers to buy dem, I predict yet again, Dollar will be sold @ 180 to the naira @ BDC....

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by AbuMaryam1(m): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
So far it's 221 in Kano, be like rebounce after the sentiment calm down. Strengthing currency when you are importing country i doubt it.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by IVORY2009(m): 4:43pm On Aug 03, 2015
AbuMaryam1:
So far it's 221 in Kano, be like rebounce after the sentiment calm down. Strengthing currency when you are importing country i doubt it.

here in Lagos its 208, but in the coming weeks, if it stands like dis dollars might hit 180...

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2015
AbuMaryam1:
whats d selling price of dollar in kano?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ymodulus: 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
makzeze:

It's

N220 in Minna @ Alh Dubai BDC.

2. N221 in Minna @ Geuvere BDC close to Access Bank Minna
3. N219 in Abuja @ 313BDC in wuse 2
4. N219 in Abuja Sheraton hotel.
5. N220 in Bida @ Mai Anga BDC Niger.
6. N217 in sabon gari close to Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's witness in Kano.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ymodulus: 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
LAX89:

Quick question; What is the problem with declaring the $ you have at the airport, when its above $10k? I've made such declaration in Nigeria and overseas, and each time there was no issue. You only have issues when you don't declare the cash, or can't explain it.

Nothing is the problem but people really don't like it. Now it outs you in the limelight. I just don't think we should call for unnecessary spotlight.

But I feel that there re clear routes to pay international partners.

Open a Form M with your bank, get a Bill of Collection, approach your bank for USD, if your transaction is not part of the items on CBN restriction you will surely get FX to settle your bills either through the CBN intervention window which is lower than 198 or through the inter-bank/parallel market in the range of 200 per USD.

Your bank will charge your Naira account for the USD equivalent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ymodulus: 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
Some BDC are no longer publishing their selling rates any longer. They want you to call and ask.

So they chet you

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by chukel(m): 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
bayelsa was 195 as at 2pm today. loving this.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by AbuMaryam1(m): 8:34pm On Aug 03, 2015
makzeze:
It's at 223
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mavinc4u(f): 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
chukel:
bayelsa was 195 as at 2pm today. loving this.
Bayelsa here i come but is just that one cannot deposit

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by akinlex(m): 9:31am On Aug 04, 2015
Someone should please update me on how much gtb exchange against the dollar
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bobo65(m): 9:49am On Aug 04, 2015
zenith charged me 229 yst as at 6pm
dunno if this reduction news is true o
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by silverplum: 10:57am On Aug 04, 2015
Pls whr can i buy dollar in abuja today??
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Chukz1010: 11:05am On Aug 04, 2015
Please house, can anyone help me out. I want to pay for an evaluation report in USA and I don't have dollar account. Please, how do I go about it? And at what rate would they charge comparing naira to dollar. The evaluation website stated Visa and Mastercard... I don't know how to go about it. Please! Somebody help clarify these questions. Thanks.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by alakara(m): 11:21am On Aug 04, 2015
Chukz1010:
Please house, can anyone help me out. I want to pay for an evaluation report in USA and I don't have dollar account. Please, how do I go about it? And at what rate would they charge comparing naira to dollar. The evaluation website stated Visa and Mastercard... I don't know how to go about it. Please! Somebody help clarify these questions. Thanks.
i can help .
contact me.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2015
dollar now sales for 220 in Abuja.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by conyema12(m): 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2015
My aboki told me 220 today in owerri
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by studyexec: 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ymodulus:

Nothing is the problem but people really don't like it. Now it outs you in the limelight. I just don't think we should call for unnecessary spotlight.

But I feel that there re clear routes to pay international partners.

Open a Form M with your bank, get a Bill of Collection, approach your bank for USD, if your transaction is not part of the items on CBN restriction you will surely get FX to settle your bills either through the CBN intervention window which is lower than 198 or through the inter-bank/parallel market in the range of 200 per USD.

Your bank will charge your Naira account for the USD equivalent.

You are right.

I had been trying to get a Chinese manufacturer to agree Form M payment rather than T/T. They recently accepted but asked that I use any of Standard Chartered, CitiBank or HSBC.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by stagger: 5:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
makzeze:
dollar now sales for 220 in Abuja.

Where please?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
stagger:

Where please?
that was history bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.