Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1121051 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2015
datigbogirl:

I exchanged $200

That's not much so there was no need to do online transaction. If the amount was in thousands(E.g $10,000 & above),then your best bet would have been going the online route.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by chidike(m): 9:55am On Sep 20, 2015
Hi guys, please I need USD about $400 to be transferred to my dorm account. @stagger said something about a mallam in GT branch that does electronic transfers in USD while I pay naira, please is that branch anywhere on the island. Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by djunit1(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
if anyone wants $$ in the US I can help with exchange and you pay me in Naira(GTB account)..... $1=N220.....
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lanre2009: 12:55am On Sep 21, 2015
djunit1:
if anyone wants $$ in the US I can help with exchange and you pay me in Naira(GTB account)..... $1=N220.....

Can you do electronic transfer to my fidelity bank dorm account?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by justmenoni: 9:20am On Sep 21, 2015
Can anyone please tell me what the current exchange rate is from euro to naira, please it's urgent
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by kowade: 9:40am On Sep 21, 2015
I have some dollars in my first Bank domiciliary account, if you interested let me know . Please note I can only transfer to firstbank dom account.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
mavinc4u, david22uu, Will stopping funding of the Bureau De Change (BDCs) by CBN make the Naira depreciate in the parallel market?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by homebase(m): 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
Please house how much is dollar selling for today at black market and official rate?

Thanks.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by david22uu(m): 5:18am On Sep 23, 2015
makzeze:
mavinc4u, david22uu, Will stopping funding of the Bureau De Change (BDCs) by CBN make the Naira depreciate in the parallel market?
not at all, immediately the cbn does this without making any adequate plans especially not for the banks to sale (they are the most corrupt) the dollar @ d parallel market will double while the dollar the interpank will appreciate
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by arbitrage: 5:52am On Sep 23, 2015
djunit1:

Yes I want, and can you also do to Nigerian domiciliary account? I need a better rate than N220. Can you do up to $10k per day?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 6:05am On Sep 23, 2015
david22uu:

not at all, immediately the cbn does this without making any adequate plans especially not for the banks to sale (they are the most corrupt) the dollar @ d parallel market will double while the dollar the interpank will appreciate
so u mean if dollar today at the parrarel mkt is 220naira it might become 110?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by kaycodes: 11:24am On Sep 23, 2015
So what's the current exchange rate as at today. I got some inflow I wanna sell grin grin
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tkeod12(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2015
@ discount exchange bureau sent change... $1 =199.25
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tkeod12(m): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2015
mistake... it's "discount exchange bureau de change
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by homebase(m): 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
tkeod12:
@ discount exchange bureau sent change... $1 =199.25

But i called a black market operator (ikeja) and he said $1 = #220.

Because i also have an inflow i want to sell via internet banking but i am in Ijebu Ode.

Beside i have issue with Gtbank not releasing the money over counter except through internet banking.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tkeod12(m): 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2015
homebase:

Because i also have an inflow i want to sell via internet banking but i am in Ijebu Ode.

Beside i have issue with Gtbank not releasing the money over counter except through internet banking.
...discount bureau de change is different from black market... type "discount bureau de change" on google... u'll see their website
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by coderXO(m): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
homebase:

If your inflow is from overseas you can collect it cash.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
Who used stanbic ibtc or fidelity visa card lately? What's the exchange rate?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by homebase(m): 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2015
Many of nairaland threads were i am asking are saying the same thing GTbank is telling me.

That i can't collect foreign inflow in cash via counter, that it is a new CBN policy.

That you can only collect cash only when you deposit cash.

Another guy opened a thread on nairaland business section facing similar challenge with GTbank.

On a serious note, this CBN governor is confused. Because just last August all
Nigerian banks told member of the public that they won't be receiving foreign currencies
as deposit into dom accounts again saying they are acting on the CBN directive.

But today the same CBN is saying you can only withdraw foreign currencies cash from
your dom account only if it was cash deposited.

Confusion banking regime.

coderXO:

If your inflow is from overseas you can collect it cash.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by kaycodes: 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
homebase:
Many of nairaland threads were i am asking are saying the same thing GTbank is telling me.

That i can't collect foreign inflow in cash via counter, that it is a new CBN policy.

Another guy opened a thread on nairaland business section facing similar challenge with GTbank.

Nigerian banks told member of the public that they won't be receiving foreign currencies
day the same CBN is saying you can only withdraw foreign currencies cash from

Well I dont know how true that is, but if your inflow is from overseas, you should be able to withdraw cash.

Up till last two weeks I did cash withdrawal
But to
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 11:36pm On Sep 23, 2015
homebase:

But today the same CBN is saying you can only withdraw foreign currencies cash from

Any inflow received in your Dom account can be withdrawn in Cash or can be transferred from Account A to B within the same Bank OR wire transferred out of the country completely. Wire transferring the funds received from Bank A to Bank B within Nigeria isn't achievable.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by larez(m): 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2015
Okay, still a little confused about these Policies. I have about 14,000 Euro available for sale in my Domiciliary account with GTB. These are foreign inflows. How do I transfer to a potential buyer in Euro?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lanre2009: 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2015
You can only transfer to another GTBank Euro dorm Acccout...

larez:
Okay, still a little confused about these Policies. I have about 14,000 Euro available for sale in my Domiciliary account with GTB. These are foreign inflows. How do I transfer to a potential buyer in Euro?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eyop: 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2015
larez:

You simply transfer the Euro from your GTB Euro account to the potential buyer's GTB Euro account while he transfers the equivalent in Naira to you depending on how much you guys bargained. The potential buyer must have a GTB Euro account for easy transfer from yours.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by larez(m): 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2015
Thanks Guys for the prompt response. Anyone with a GTB account interested? 14,000 Euro for sale, we meet at my GTB Bank Branch on Bode Thomas, in Surulere to transact.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
larez:
What's your price?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by coderXO(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2015
For informational purposes for the thread, has anyone withdrawn foreign currency CASH from any bank at all in the last 7 days?

Please state the circumstances.

Bank name,
Currency,
Funds source

Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by OpenGames: 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2015
One should be able to transfer from gtbank euro account to another bank's euro account. For zenith bank, they allow cash withdrawal once the money came from abroad.

There are bureau De change owners willing to partner with other bureau De change owners by funding their bid sessions and splitting the profit 50/50. Interested owners should indicate their interest here.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by OpenGames: 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
@larez.
What's your price?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 26, 2015
How can i send dollar to my supplier in india from nigeria?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 9:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
bigmodo:
How can i send dollar to my supplier in india from nigeria?
wire transfer at bureau de change if it is ur item is on cbn banned items from official forex otherwise go to any bank and fill form for transfer
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by titi4fola(f): 9:31pm On Sep 26, 2015
egoldman:
For those of us that might be interested in the daily rate of the Naira against the Dollar , i feel it would be a good thing to have anyone with information both from the official bank rates and the black market to post the rates here .
Thanks for the info.
The last rate i was told few days ago with regard to the black market was $1- 128 Naira, does anyone know today's rate , both from the official bank rates and the black market ?

See Also: Pound Euro

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.