Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1121327 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
The whole thing is not about you its about the economy. And i haven't said naira will be at per with $.

Some of us earn export proceeds but we are still not dancing at the news of $1 hitting #1,000 because the economy is so bad that production is nearly impossible.

No be only you get Plan A,B,C,D some of us have it from A to where excel spreadsheet have it to but we still want a better economy for all.

It's not like salaries have increased but prices of commodities have skyrocketed @ this less than #400/$, imagine it hitting #1,000...

AleAirHub:

Seriously.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
One thing is guaranty for sure that dollar will never come down to N1 and am not afraid if commodities will shotup because i already got a plan to a level of ABCD that will help me out....

@Ihavespoken enjoy your CHANGE WHILE IT LAST cool cool cool

@Bookiemart01 don't worry ma , i already got a plan on how to minimize & use my appreciating CHANGE because am apostle of Diversity.... smiley smiley smiley.

Bravo!!!.

Bravo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by aleshsenior2000(m): 5:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
Bookiemart01:
The whole thing is not about you its about the economy. And i haven't said naira will be at per with $.

Some of us earn export proceeds but we are still not dancing at the news of $1 hitting #1,000 because the economy is so bad that production is nearly impossible.

No be only you get Plan A,B,C,D some of us have it from A to where excel spreadsheet have it to but we still want a better economy for all.

It's not like salaries have increased but prices of commodities have skyrocketed @ this less than #400/$, imagine it hitting #1,000...

Pls I need some information regarding export. pm on the way?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Babalakin(m): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2016
I have this #2M that is idling away.is it advisable to buy dollars and sell later when it gets to 400,or I invest in treasury bills?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Jhappy(f): 10:23am On Jul 28, 2016
How much is naira per pounds today?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by frisky2good(m): 10:33am On Jul 28, 2016
Don't become a currency speculator. Invest in a physical business that you learnt or have a good idea of how to run. My opinion o!

Babalakin:
I have this #2M that is idling away.is it advisable to buy dollars and sell later when it gets to 400,or I invest in treasury bills?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Babalakin(m): 11:02am On Jul 28, 2016
frisky2good:
Don't become a currency speculator. Invest in a physical business that you learnt or have a good idea of how to run. My opinion o!

my bad.thanks sire.I'll do just that.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BizBloke(m): 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
Babalakin:

Hold your money. Forex could be evil; the naira may never get to N400/$. Plus if you actually needed to buy dollars to sell later, now is a bad time.

Buy low - as low as possible/feasible/sensible to the seller. Always! Or (read the first sentence again).
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
Babalakin:

u can do the 2 since it is 2m

frisky2good:

and u can also do this last one, making u split the 2m in 3 opportunities

use 500k for dollars, 1m for treasury bills and 500k for keke napep business or any other business

if u are buying dollars, use form A to buy the dollars so u buy at 290 something or use any bank that supports dcc
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by topeajis(m): 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2016
gtb just charge me 377 to euro today. pls do anyone knws a bank that charge cheaper.. and it very difficult to lunch a Form A transaction.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by toluxa1(m): 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
Gunbiz:

or use any bank that supports dcc
e.g? wink
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
toluxa1:

e.g? wink

so una go come rush the bank or una go make wale block d dcc

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by toluxa1(m): 10:48pm On Jul 28, 2016
Gunbiz:

so una go come rush the bank or una go make wale block d dcc

lol@wale... Access has been 340 for a few days, GTB same. And at least two or three other banks lower thank Stanbic's 350, Wale no see anything do this time. grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by coderXO(m): 6:08am On Jul 29, 2016
Gunbiz

keke napep is good business?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 29, 2016
toluxa1:

lol@wale... Access has been 340 for a few days, GTB same. And at least two or three other banks lower thank Stanbic's 350, Wale no see anything do this time. grin

make we dey c nextwk
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 29, 2016
coderXO:
Gunbiz

keke napep is good business?

yes
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mployer(m): 6:35am On Jul 29, 2016
toluxa1:

The Guy is actually on leave. He is on summer holiday with his kids.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bobo65(m): 6:57am On Jul 29, 2016
BizBloke:

Hold your money. Forex could be evil; the naira may never get to N400/$. Plus if you actually needed to buy dollars to sell later, now is a bad time.

Buy low - as low as possible/feasible/sensible to the seller. Always! Or (read the first sentence again).

U nailed it bro, yst was 377, which is already high

Doubt it will get to 400 but if it does, ppl won't be buying It much, even @ the 377, ppl have reduced their purchase (moneygram is a slight saver)
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by coderXO(m): 7:27am On Jul 29, 2016
Most of you hoping that the dollar to naira rate hit N400 or N1000 thinking you have money to make don't quite know what you are talking about.

Financial maths is not always 1+1 = 2

You will exchange your dollars to naira.

Naira is only good for use in Nigeria I will remind you. Nigeria is an import based economy so whatever it costs the importers to replace their products, they will set their retail prices accordingly. You gain nothing except a MINDSET that you have x billion NAIRA in your account.

What is your billion NAIRA good for?

The only price/costs that does not move along with the exchange rate is labor, "land" and also non-consumable products.

Only thing that happens is that you will not be harmed by any pricing changes because we have "$". And we also have the advantage to capitalize of the above stated exceptions but what happens to the 150 million people who can't adjust to the exchange rate? Your brothers and sisters and families in Nigeria whose wages did not adjust with the exchange rate? They are still making the N100k they were making in December 2015 but now they can't afford to buy the things they once could afford.

Will you enter your 1 billion naira account and send each and everyone of them N1m to take care of their families?

Let's be careful what we wish for, we do not live this life alone. What good is it if you are the sole billionaire on your street and everyone else around you lives in poverty? You think you will have peace in your mansion while the people around you are suffering?

They will become a desperate bunch.

They will rob you, envy you and maybe even kill you.

Let's be wise.

Don't wish poverty on your own.

Greetings to all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 7:59am On Jul 29, 2016
Gtbank charged me #350/$ yesterday 7/29/2016. I am pained cry

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by onatisi(m): 8:01am On Jul 29, 2016
coderXO:
Most of you hoping that the dollar to naira rate hit N400 or N1000 thinking you have money to make don't quite know what you are talking about.

Naira is only good for use in Nigeria I will remind you. Nigeria is an import based economy so whatever it costs the importers to replace their products, they will set their retail prices accordingly. You gain nothing except a MINDSET that you have x billion NAIRA in your account.

The only price/costs that does not move along with the exchange rate is labor, "land" and also non-consumable products.

Only thing that happens is that you will not be harmed by any pricing changes because we have "$". And we also have the advantage to capitalize of the above stated exceptions but what happens to the 150 million people who can't adjust to the exchange rate? Your brothers and sisters and families in Nigeria whose wages did not adjust with the exchange rate? They are still making the N100k they were making in December 2015 but now they can't afford to buy the things they once could afford.

Will you enter your 1 billion naira account and send each and everyone of them N1m to take care of their families?

Let's be careful what we wish for, we do not live this life alone. What good is it if you are the sole billionaire on your street and everyone else around you lives in poverty? You think you will have peace in your mansion while the people around you are suffering?

Let's be wise.

Greetings to all.

Matthew 25 : 28-29 28Therefore take the talent from him and give it to the one who has ten talents. 29For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. But the one who does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. Matthew 13: Vs 11-13 11He replied, “The knowledge of the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 8:18am On Jul 29, 2016
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BizBloke(m): 9:10am On Jul 29, 2016
bobo65:

U nailed it bro, yst was 377, which is already high

Doubt it will get to 400 but if it does, ppl won't be buying It much, even @ the 377, ppl have reduced their purchase (moneygram is a slight saver)

As it is. People will be selling then, Bobo65: Market Dynamics.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by JAZES(m): 9:54am On Jul 29, 2016
I need bitcoin, kindly contact me if u have some bitcoin for sale.
Currently buying @345, my contact details on my signature. Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by EnterPRO: 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Gtbank charged me #350/$ yesterday 7/29/2016. I am pained cry

Sorry. Is amazon really cost effective? Some/most of the products there are double the prices you can find elsewhere.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
Really? I bought canon camera you have any idea of a cheaper place?

EnterPRO:

Sorry. Is amazon really cost effective? Some/most of the products there are double the prices you can find elsewhere.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Demmy59(m): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
please how is a euro to naira
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bdavis: 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Really? I bought canon camera you have any idea of a cheaper place?

Ebay, Walmart, Sam's club...

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2016
Thank you for this.
I'll check them out

I question. ...do they accept our cards?

bdavis:

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by EnterPRO: 2:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
bdavis:

Thanks as well. Hopefully the ones from here will be more "American" than those from the Orient where I shop.

I've been getting a lot of requests for DSLR cameras lately. Was shocked to see how expensive they are.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawofeso: 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
coderXO:

Let's be wise.

Greetings to all.
You nail it on the head.For the benefit of the masses I hope naira goes back to 150
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2016
I tell you this....those from that other end are garbage. I bought 1 set of item for $650 for a client and everything has gone up in flames.....

I'll rather buy for $1K for better quality than do the $650

EnterPRO:

Thanks as well. Hopefully the ones from here will be more "American" than those from the Orient where I shop.

I've been getting a lot of requests for DSLR cameras lately. Was shocked to see how expensive they are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.