Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1121236 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by esuccess(m): 12:39am On May 02, 2009
i think dollar was today 185 naira when i ask one aboki who is living beside my office.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by egin(m): 1:54am On May 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Next time, read well, be4 u post.
Meaning what?
You should apply this comment to yourself.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by JJYOU: 2:07am On May 02, 2009
maballack:

@crescent,
Just as you have Nigezzie-Nigeria
las Gidis-Lagos
Bengazzi-Benin(edo)
@JJYou
if a $ is 179
and £1 is 1.49$

do the calculation, means £1 = 1.49 * 179=266.7~265 (most likely)
thanks so much. it is selling time.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawrencead: 3:58am On May 02, 2009
Hey your, do your see the dollar going down to like $140 at the black market anytime soon.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by maballack(m): 8:48am On May 02, 2009
$ -178.5 as at yesterday
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by JJYOU: 3:36pm On May 02, 2009
lawrencead:

Hey your, do your see the dollar going down to like $140 at the black market anytime soon.
how do you see it coming down in a nation where you generally have to sell your own currency to buy other nations currency to trade?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:11pm On May 04, 2009
egin:

Meaning what?
You should apply this comment to yourself.

Meaning read well the news that you were commenting on, did the news said the dollar was nosediving?
There are some of us that are affected by what $$ does in Nigeria, so when you wanna post, read well, and understand the news be4 u post.
According to the new, it says, cos of lesser demand, there are like 20K difference in the official rate, which never made it to the black market, where most people buy the $$, so how is that nosediving?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 2:14pm On May 04, 2009
JJYOU:

how do you see it coming down in a nation where you generally have to sell your own currency to buy other nations currency to trade?

I think there is a possibility for that to happen.
There is just too much scarcity.
And what nigeria is known of, is so low (oil)
And if the Federal govt could try and get a new way of people buying $$ and we not having to depend on the black market.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawrencead: 4:43pm On May 04, 2009
Hey your, how much is dollar at the black market today?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Phony200(m): 11:30pm On May 04, 2009
$1 to N179
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawrencead: 5:59pm On May 06, 2009
Hey your, should the Oil goes higher ($80per barrel) do your see the Dollar going down to like $140 to a Naira?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by collinz: 11:13pm On May 07, 2009
This is coming from the banks as of today thursday 7th of may 2009.
1 US$=: =N=149.55

1GBP : =N=227.69
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by egin(m): 12:26am On May 08, 2009
We want the black market rates. Nobody is interested in the bank rates because they are never available in the banks.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Lax75(m): 4:31am On May 08, 2009
egin:

We want the black market rates. Nobody is interested in the bank rates because they are never available in the banks.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BAC: 2:22pm On May 08, 2009
Na wa ooo. A business partner of mine is caught up in this one. he has over 27million accumulating there in Nigeria that needs to come back to the UK, he is finding it difficult changing to pound at reasonable rates, this is becoming ridiculous. He is telling on the phone there is no petrol in Lagos, it keeps raining non stop and Soludo as turned a scaremonger over night by saying that there is another Economy down turn coming

God help us, is it worth doing business in naija at all,
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 08, 2009
BAC:

Na wa ooo. A business partner of mine is caught up in this one. he has over 27million accumulating there in Nigeria that needs to come back to the UK, he is finding it difficult changing to pound at reasonable rates, this is becoming ridiculous. He is telling on the phone there is no petrol in Lagos, it keeps raining non stop and Soludo as turned a scaremonger over night by saying that there is another Economy down turn coming

God help us, is it worth doing business in naija at all,

NO LIGHT! NO FUEL! NAIRA FALLS!!! PLENTY DISASTERS!! DAMN!!! WHY MY COUNTRY!!! WHY!! WHY US!! WHY WE! WIREEE!!! grin

GOD WE NEED A CHANGE cheesy
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ibrokay(m): 2:54pm On May 08, 2009
Abeg,can anybody tell us the official abokis rate for today.Please
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by hayodele: 3:03pm On May 08, 2009
180, @nacho
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ayomifull(f): 3:12pm On May 08, 2009
As at yesterday Euro was exchanged for 233 Naira
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by egin(m): 1:13pm On May 09, 2009
ayomifull:

As at yesterday Euro was exchanged for 233 Naira
Guys, hold on to your money as the exchange rate will go up with all the bad news coming out of Nigeria. This is a country where nothing works for the ordinary people.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by naijaking1: 3:06pm On May 09, 2009
To be honest, just think of all the factors that instill confidence in a country's currency; 99.99% of them are lacking in Nigeria shocked
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Thadude(m): 6:38pm On May 09, 2009
I am predicting N200 to $1 before the end of next week.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawrencead: 7:07pm On May 09, 2009
I don't understand becos I thought whenever the Oil rises up nigeria currency get stronger, but now is not the case no more. Somebody, at nairaland with better views & understanding should enlighten me on this becos I don't get it yet. As of Friday May 08' 2009 the Oil rises to above $58per barrel & still don't reflect on nigeria currency at all.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Thadude(m): 8:26pm On May 09, 2009
Yes, high price in crude oil means more dollars in Nigeria's account, but that is not enough to stabilize an economy already in crises, we are experiencing high movement of funds, investor arent sure where to invest their money, most are gambling on the dollar. Hence whenever the price drops, there is a rush to buy and stock dollars in anticipation that if it goes up they can be sold and instant profits without tax will be made. This rush drives the value higher.
Soludo in his attempt to play Mr. Smart and take glory for the bank recapitalization exercise did something that a good economist would never dream of doing he predicted dooms day ahead in the future. Remember he is the governor and investors take his words seriously, investors are always looking for signals that will tell them what direction to follow and Soludo gave the wrong signal. Until investors decide the dollar vs naira trading is no longer lucrative and return to the stock market, the pressure on dollars will continue to prevent the price from declining. Even if crude oil sells for $100 per barrel tomorrow. The banks will be the first to take advantage of any reduction in the price of dollars. Cos' one thing is for certain the Govt. has proven over and over that they are not stable hence they can be relied upon for good financial judgement.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawrencead: 8:58pm On May 09, 2009
Hey Tha Dude, I appreciate it. It sinks in my ahead now. Take care.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by hayodele: 8:48am On May 11, 2009
you wont belife it my aboki told me that $ is now 192, omo men this thing rising continuously oooo
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nimshi: 12:38pm On May 11, 2009
hayodele: is your aboki reliable? Where at? Ikeja?

I just got a quotation for N181 for the USD and am trying to evaluate if this is fair deal in this market.

Cheers.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by nduchucks: 1:40pm On May 11, 2009
As of 11/05/2009 in Abuja: To Buy dollar N182; To Sell N180
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nimshi: 2:35pm On May 11, 2009
Thank you ndu_chucks.

The N192 figures for the dollar appear to be unreasonable for today; no one has been able to match that figure. In fact, no one's appears to be offering more than N181 to the dollar in the Ikeja area;
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BAC: 4:09pm On May 11, 2009
Inflation is about to go off the roof if gov does not do something. I pity those that are suffering at the moment. How would they cope when the next wave of inflation decends.

Those of you looking to settle down in Naija, becareful. With no water no light, no petrol, no governement,
me I am staying right here ,

God bless Nigeria, a fool above 40.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Thadude(m): 12:17am On May 12, 2009
Let the inflation go off the roof and lets know where we are. Those of us who have access to Dollars, pounds and euros, we can then take advantage of the system. The system hasnt paid us its debt, may be this is the way the system intends to pay Nigerians-diaspora.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Emmacomng: 7:35am On May 12, 2009
n165

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.