Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

So Sad: A Nigerian Boxer In Fulham Shot Dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / So Sad: A Nigerian Boxer In Fulham Shot Dead (1101 Views)

Retired Headmistress Shot Dead In Benin By Teenage Cultist (pic) / RiverPoly Student Shot Dead In The Ogoni Crisis (Graphic Photo) / This Is A True Life Story! Its Really Sad-a Must Read For All Nairalander! (2) (3) (4)

So Sad: A Nigerian Boxer In Fulham Shot Dead by topeorekoy(m): 8:21am On Jul 27, 2007
[b]A former British heavyweight boxer who was shot when he asked customers at a club to stop smoking has been declared brain dead, his solicitor has said.
Scott Ewing said James Oyebola's life-support machine would be switched off by doctors on Friday.

Mr Oyebola, 47, was shot in the head and leg in a courtyard at the back of Chateau 6 in Fulham Road, south-west London, in the early hours of Monday.

His attackers opened fire as they left the club and fled on foot.

Final farewell

Mr Ewing said his client was being kept alive on Thursday so family members could pay their last respects.

Consultants will legally declare him dead just before midday on Friday and switch off his life-support machine.

Mr Ewing said: "James is now brain dead. There will be a meeting tomorrow where two consultants will do legally required tests.

"He is being artificially kept alive for members of the family to pay their last respects. But there's no chance, none whatsoever."

Police believe three black suspects, aged between 19 and 25, ran from the club in separate directions.

Mr Oyebola, who was born in Nigeria, won 18 of his 23 fights, and was a bronze medallist at the 1986 Commonwealth Games in Edinburgh.

He won the WBC international heavyweight title in 1993 and retired in 1996[/b]

Re: So Sad: A Nigerian Boxer In Fulham Shot Dead by A40(m): 6:11pm On Jul 27, 2007
O ma se o! cry
Re: So Sad: A Nigerian Boxer In Fulham Shot Dead by doyin13(m): 8:01pm On Jul 27, 2007
Men all this black boys wey no sabi behave themselves wan turn militant finish.

You know the funny thing. Before I dey talk say because I be 6 foot plus all this boys no go test me.

But as them don fall 6 foot 7 bros now, he be like say me too I dey go purchase my own gun.

So if I fall, I know say no be only me dey go.

The likkle ras-clots
Re: So Sad: A Nigerian Boxer In Fulham Shot Dead by CrazyMan(m): 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2007
It was all his fault. He had no reason to confront those people.
They weren't smoking on his head, I don't see why someone would get into something that's none of his business.
I'd say he got what he deserved.
Re: So Sad: A Nigerian Boxer In Fulham Shot Dead by doyin13(m): 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2007
Crazykid u harsh o.

There is currently a new smoking ban in the Uk and na bouncers dem go call to enforce am

And as I don do bouncer work before, my sympathises are definitely with the victim here.

Besides, na gun person go use settle disagreements for this modern age. this no b wild wild west now
Re: So Sad: A Nigerian Boxer In Fulham Shot Dead by Seun(m): 8:46pm On Jul 27, 2007
A link to the source, dear sir?
Re: So Sad: A Nigerian Boxer In Fulham Shot Dead by CrazyMan(m): 7:36pm On Jul 28, 2007
doyin13:

Crazykid u harsh o.

There is currently a new smoking ban in the Uk and na bouncers them go call to enforce am

And as I don do bouncer work before, my sympathises are definitely with the victim here.

Besides, na gun person go use settle disagreements for this modern age. this no b wild wild west now
He had no reason to confront them those guys were high, and armed. So confronting such people is the same as sucide.

Armed Robbery Scare: Banks Suspend Operations In Ibadan / 4 Nigerian Men Cleared Of Gang Rape In Uk / Oil Tanker Spillage Expoldes And Burns Bank And Shops In Olodi Apapa