Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term (3952 Views)

2015: GEJ MAY BE SURROGATED WITH GOV OBI FOR PRESIDENT-HUHU REPORTERS / 14-yr-old With Brain-Cancer Asks Obi For Help / Obasanjo Denies Ever Requesting For 3rd Term.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by sadiq88: 1:56pm On Jun 10, 2011
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/june/10/national-10-06-2011-015.html

Traders want Obi for 3rd term
From GODWIN TSA, Abuja
Friday, June 10, 2011

Peter Obi
More Stories on This Section
Market leaders in Anambra State yesterday unanimously pressed for the continuation of the government of Anambra Governor, Peter Obi, beyond the constitutional four years of his second tenure because of what they described as his monumental achievements.

The traders, who made this call after inspecting the projects being executed by the governor, expressed their delight with what they saw on ground and observed that the government was on course towards delivering democracy dividends to the people of the state.
Speaking through one of the leaders Chief Leonard Onwuatuegwu of Nnewi Market Traders, they said they had come, seen and believed that the governor was doing well and called for a constitutional amendment that would enable Mr. Peter Obi to go for a third term which they said would be for the interest of the state.

Among the many ongoing and completed projects they inspected, the traders particularly hailed the completed Odor River Bridge, the longest bridge in the state’s history, as spectacular. “We have come, we have seen and we believe. We want you to go for third term and we will not only mount pressure on the National Assembly to make this possible but will sign it. But if you decide to go to the Senate or vie for any other position we will equally back you,” the traders said.

Replying, Governor Obi thanked them for their support but made it clear that he would abide by the constitution of the land and would therefore not spend a day longer than necessary in office.
“The constitution of the country has made it clear on the tenure of governors and I will abide by that. When my tenure ends I will come back and live with you,” Obi stated.

He said all the projects they saw were done without the state borrowing a kobo from anybody and attributed it to prudent management of resources by his government and its decision to live within its means. He urged the traders to emulate the state government by also striving to live within their means.
Obi also attributed the success of his government to the Anambra Integrated Development Strategy (ANIDS) which the government was using to develop all sectors simultaneously and pointed out that his government had succeeded because it had adopted ANIDS as a vehicle towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and that Anambra remained the only state to do so.

On the issue of allocation of offices to the South-east zone in the new dispensation, Obi restated his position that what the South-east zone needed was strong Federal Government presence and support rather than individual appointment.

He said the south east governors whom he leads endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan because of their agreement with him that he would build the second Niger bridge, make Enugu airport an international one, solve the zone’s erosion problems, among other people-oriented projects.
Obi however praised the appointment of former senate president Anyim Pius Anyim as the secretary to the government of the federation (SGF) and described him as a good choice equally endorsed by the south east governors. According to Obi the SGF was a very strategic position respected everywhere in the world and he urged the people of the zone to see it as such even as he recalled the role of the south east governors in Anyim’s appointment.

He promised to invite stakeholders in the state to monitor projects every six months to assess his progress.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by nekkynancy: 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2011
I wonder which traders are crying for whose third tenure.if i may ask.which project did he do,with terible roads all over the city.hav u beeb to thier so called capital city.(awka)its nothing to write home about,how can he borrow ,where he subject the poor students in the school to pay over 100,000 as a school fees,even the local govt election he promised to do during his second tenure race is gradually becoming a vioce mail,abeg lets forget politician cos at first they pretend to be siant but wen they there it become'ALL MAN TO HIMSELF AND GOD SAVE THE POOR NATION,STATE,CITY,ETC'
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by chino11(m): 2:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
Peter Obi/Babangida Aliyu 2015
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by chino11(m): 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2011
nekkynancy:

I wonder which traders are crying for whose third tenure.if i may ask.which project did he do,with terible roads all over the city.hav u beeb to thier so called capital city.(awka)its nothing to write home about,how can he borrow ,where he subject the poor students in the school to pay over 100,000 as a school fees,even the local govt election he promised to do during his second tenure race is gradually becoming a vioce mail,abeg lets forget politician cos at first they pretend to be siant but wen they there it become'ALL MAN TO HIMSELF AND GOD SAVE THE POOR NATION,STATE,CITY,ETC'

I think you are myopic with what development is all about. I challenge you to mention your state of origin lets compare and contrast. I believe if your state of origin was any better you would be in Awka to enjoy the city. FYI: Awka is a model city east of the Niger
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2011
chino11:

I think you are myopic with what development is all about. I challenge you to mention your state of origin lets compare and contrast. I believe if your state of origin was any better you would be in Awka to enjoy the city. FYI: Awka is a model city east of the Niger

Someone tells you of the state of infrastructural development in the state, and you open your pie-hole to suggest that he is myopic with what development is all about? Are you sure you went to school at all? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by Abagworo(m): 4:12pm On Jun 10, 2011
I think those traders are illiterate.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 10, 2011
Are they related to OBJ ?
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by kasiem(m): 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2011
As a bonafide anambra citizen and a beneficiary of good infrastructural development of peter obi, i will say that obi is best governor in east of nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by chino11(m): 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2011
Peter Obi remains the best out east in terms of infrastructural and human development in Anambra
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by seanet03: 7:14pm On Jun 10, 2011
I hope ibos traders can read, write and comprehend. The constitution of Nigeria is superior to the ibos
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
nekkynancy:

I wonder which traders are crying for whose third tenure.if i may ask.which project did he do,with terible roads all over the city.hav u beeb to thier so called capital city.(awka)its nothing to write home about,how can he borrow ,[b]where he subject the poor students in the school to pay over 100,000 as a school fees,[/b]even the local govt election he promised to do during his second tenure race is gradually becoming a vioce mail,abeg lets forget politician cos at first they pretend to be siant but wen they there it become'ALL MAN TO HIMSELF AND GOD SAVE THE POOR NATION,STATE,CITY,ETC'

Do you currently live in the State?
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by Ofido(m): 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2011
This is image laundry by this good for nothing Peter Obi. Okwute Peter Obi the much i knw has done more bad to our Anambra state than good.

Where is the local govt. Allocation money for the past 6 years. It is only Anambra state that has no local govt. structure in d whole south east.

Peter Obi sold and thru the back bougth over Anambra onwed Premiere brewery

Our Anambra state university is the only university in the south-east that pays the tuition fee.

On his bid to capture Anambra state for his dying APGA party, His Excellency Gov. Peter Obi derived all means of do or die politics to ensure that APGA candidates wher declared winner of the election even in some constituencies like Idemili South state constituency wher the Returning Officer declared the election inconclusive, Peter Obi went on to foresee that the APGA candidate was given a certificate of return. Same thing happened in Aniocha/Njikoka/Dunukofia federal constituency where a re-run was ordered by the returning officer in some wards but the Resident Electoral Commissioner Prof. (Pastor) Onukagu gave speedly gave Uche Ekwunife certificate of return. And the questions are , What happened to the ordered Idemili South Re-run election and other's?, Was the re-run conducted inside Peter Obi's bedroom or inside the office of our Holy Prof. Pastor Anambra rec.?,

Anambra pple should Rise up against Peter or he wil destroy the state more.

When Dr. Chris Ngige said in his interview that the amount Peter Obi gave the Anambra REC. Will be enough to settle the Judiciary that have been on strike for the past six months. He further stated that he has concrete information that the money is about 2billion naira.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by ektbear: 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
While I too wish that it were possible for certain good administrators to server more than two terms, this isn't allowed under the constitution.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by kasiem(m): 11:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
Ofido:

This is image laundry by this good for nothing Peter Obi. Okwute Peter Obi the much i knw has done more bad to our Anambra state than good.

Where is the local govt. Allocation money for the past 6 years. It is only Anambra state that has no local govt. structure in d whole south east.

Peter Obi sold and thru the back bougth over Anambra onwed Premiere brewery

Our Anambra state university is the only university in the south-east that pays the tuition fee.

On his bid to capture Anambra state for his dying APGA party, His Excellency Gov. Peter Obi derived all means of do or die politics to ensure that APGA candidates wher declared winner of the election even in some constituencies like Idemili South state constituency wher the Returning Officer declared the election inconclusive, Peter Obi went on to foresee that the APGA candidate was given a certificate of return. Same thing happened in Aniocha/Njikoka/Dunukofia federal constituency where a re-run was ordered by the returning officer in some wards but the Resident Electoral Commissioner Prof. (Pastor) Onukagu gave speedly gave Uche Ekwunife certificate of return. And the questions are , What happened to the ordered Idemili South Re-run election and other's?, Was the re-run conducted inside Peter Obi's bedroom or inside the office of our Holy Prof. Pastor Anambra rec.?,

Anambra pple should Rise up against Peter or he wil destroy the state more.

When Dr. Chris Ngige said in his interview that the amount Peter Obi gave the Anambra REC. Will be enough to settle the Judiciary that have been on strike for the past six months. He further stated that he has concrete information that the money is about 2billion naira.
man, our ignorance is better kept than coming out to expose it which denigrates us to public scorn and deride. U totally killed ursef by falsely claiming that anambra state university is the only university that pays tuition fee in SE while the reverse is the case, for ur info anambra state university pays the least fees in SE

1 Like

Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by cjfavour(m): 2:20am On Jun 11, 2011
@chino,how many ppl have he employed in d civil service since his tenure dt are not 4rm his town?school fees is now 120,000.what of d airport he promised?or is it about his unholy alliance wit d outcast pdp which made one of d ubas 2 win election.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by Ofido(m): 9:17am On Jun 11, 2011
Kasiem, tel me south east state university that pays higher than ANSU, for ur info EBSU pays 100k for non-indegines and 60k for indegines (i.e fresh students) continueing students are 65K for non-indegines and 35k for indegines. But our Anambra state university pays 120k for fresh students but anambrarians and non-anambrarian wat an inhuman behavior from our government.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by Ofido(m): 9:27am On Jun 11, 2011
Talking of the airport, what is the justification of our Hard hearted Governor whom becos of greed, selfishness and payback spirit moved the Oba airport to igbariam. Oba airport has been underconstruction and the government has spent much money on the project but Peter becos of his anger to Chris Ngige moved the airport and budgeted about 200million for consultation alone,the money which wil be enough to do a lot of work in the already existing Oba airport.

Lets all Anambrarian stand up against peter obi and his agents. Enough is enough
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by RoadStar: 11:44am On Jun 11, 2011
Peter Obi a performer ?
Now u see y I always say that the Igbos r the main architect of their own problems.

That is one area I think Yorubas are better !
Willing to defend you own even though he is a monumental failure.

Post pictures of Awka as a model city or Onitsha or Nnewi if shame go let u ?

This is a state that has suffered everything from teachers/lecturers strikes, doctors strikes, judiciary strikes and civil service strikes.
Based on my assessment, Obi should not be allowed to run a town union.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by spyder880(m): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2011
chino11:

Peter Obi remains the best out east in terms of infrastructural and human development in Anambra

Excuse me, but have you ever heard of a certain Barr. Sullivan Chime?
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by owellee: 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2011
Jr
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by kasiem(m): 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ofido:

Kasiem, tel me south east state university that pays higher than ANSU, for your info EBSU pays 100k for non-indegines and 60k for indegines (i.e fresh students) continueing students are 65K for non-indegines and 35k for indegines. But our Anambra state university pays 120k for fresh students but anambrarians and non-anambrarian wat an inhuman behavior from our government.

hey man, why are u being superfluously prevaricative inorder to accommodate ur bogus claims? Come on, i want to know the fees of states like enugu, abia, imo. I wldn't say it for u
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by owellee: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2011
Its laughable,i still wonder why a right thinking person would want a blind man to lead them,why will people grab dia key board and feed the people with lies in the name of playing politics,its so glaring that APGA as a party has failed to bring the dividents of democracy to ndi anambra,even gov governor peter obi knows too well that he has failed,still he is still tagged the best by some and his tenure extended by some,who is deceiving who?peter has failed
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by cantell(m): 7:12am On Jun 12, 2011
Op,
You are what we call ono na ndo afu onwa.
You know nothing abt peter obi. No trader in his right senses would vote for him.
Dora Akunyili and other apga candidates in the last elections lost because of him. He's a huge disappointment to Anambrarians.
People are patiently waiting for him to complete his tenure and leave. So before you praise peter obi, go to onitsha and see for yourself.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by udezue(m): 9:21am On Jun 12, 2011
Whether Obi is a saint or villain won't change the fact that elected officials can't go for more 2 terms so I don't even know why y'all are arguing.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 12, 2011
if obj cant achieve it then he cant.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by deadie(m): 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2011
Anyone, no matter how well intentioned, who canvassed for, or plan to stay beyond his constitutionally stipulated term should lose the respect of the masses, people like OGJ.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by obailala(m): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2011
RoadStar:

Peter Obi a performer ?
Now u see y I always say that the Igbos r the main architect of their own problems.

That is one area I think Yorubas are better !
Willing to defend you own even though he is a monumental failure.

Post pictures of Awka as a model city or Onitsha or Nnewi if shame go let u ?

This is a state that has suffered everything from teachers/lecturers strikes, doctors strikes, judiciary strikes and civil service strikes.
Based on my assessment, Obi should not be allowed to run a town union.

Mr Dumbhead, this development has nothiing to do with "the Igbos"

It's just a normal endorsement by a few handsomely bribed sycophants who claim to represent traders. This sort of story isn't new in Nigerian politics and I wonder why anyone should be surprised or disturbed by such news.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by luckyboy1159: 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2011
Let me expose this little secret to all the house members. This is where our (anambra state) money goes. Peter Obi is sharing anambra state's money like a hell of it and after he will tell us that their is no money in anambra. Anambra state is in the 15th position of the of federal govt revenue in Nigeria its internal revenue only from eke awka, onitsha main market and nkwo nnewi is one of the the highest in Nigeria but every day he cries to us no money. He has given back to churches all the schools previously owned by them which were over 60% of government secondary school. He increased the school deep to 120k. When students protested, 1 student was shot dead by mobil men and all he could say is that the students were sponsored by his opponents. If you were at anambra during the just concluded election. You would have seen how apga led by Peter Obi was sharing money to the rich men in the society and was using them in every towns and villages just to get the support of the villagers. Simple PETER OBI IS A COMPLETE FAILURE.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by nwaafo1: 3:10pm On Jun 12, 2011
most of the pple against Peter Obi live outside Anambra

1 Like

Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by bugatti: 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2011
PETER OBI, london returnee wey come chop him own part of the anambra paper, for a state that has alot of educated mind, i am ashamed[not that ibos generally are as intelligent as comedians make them to appear.] talking about MDGs and safer city concept, cleaner city concept .
he will surely lose to the PDP when he comes to contest for senate. LONG LIVE Umllera
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by falgar: 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2011
Peter Obi might not be the best that can happen to anambra but i must commend him.Even those traders know a 3rd term is not possible for peter obi but suffixe it to say that Anambra state choice after Peter Obi 's tenure will cap up the foundation already laid by Peter Obi 's Administration.
   Before his administration ,the state was recording the highest level of decay caused by the past administrations but today i believe he has moved the state further.may be the state would have recorded 90% sucess in road construction if he choose to[b] embark only on road projects(by now anambrarians that doesnt know how to measure development will be singing unnecessary praise of Obi's name) [/b] rather than his ANIDS approach and truly he kept to it by develping all sectors simultaneously. i wish he will mount more pressure on fed govt abt the second naija bridge, enugu onitsha express way(upper iweka inclusive) and anambra past senators must be blamed for not pushing for these projects.i must commend him on visble marks he made on rural roads, i can see  Otuocha,Anam,Orumba pple etc happy with him.He should make more effort for ogbaru and some part of awka north then return  to urban roads.
No need hyping him cos alot still need to be done but he has not been sleeping, develpment is a continous process.
POINT OF CORRECTION : Somebody said he bought over state owned premiere breweries.i remember vividly that trasanction was made when he was still in court with Chris Ngige to reclaim his stolen mandate.you can as well investigate cos i was shocked that he can afford to do that after his pre-election and post (court)spending. later i now heard he is the sole importer of castle beer and malt and he wish to bring the tech into Nigeria to boast the market. all these i heard before he won his legal battle. lets stop sheming,pray for something better than him and not less, i[b] quite agreed his tenure recorded low % of political jobbing in and around govt house and all those old polithieves are not happy with him and there will want to deceive me by saying he has done nothing. he wasnt ready to associate with any masked clown, remember those day Chief Ogbuefi ( bekks biscuit ),Ajaegbo (minaj)an[/b]d others too numerous to mention  dump their biz and pursue anambra state contract with hired tractors only to execute something far below standard and sometimes left undone.
Re: Traders Want Peter Obi For 3rd Term by cantell(m): 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2011
nwa afo:

most of the pple against Peter Obi live outside Anambra
Big lie bro.
bugatti:

PETER OBI, london returnee wey come chop him own part of the anambra paper, for a state that has alot of educated mind, i am ashamed[b][not that ibos generally are as intelligent as comedians make them to appear.][/b] talking about MDGs and safer city concept, cleaner city concept .
he will surely lose to the PDP when he comes to contest for senate. LONG LIVE Umllera
.u
We are intelligent even more than they say. Either you accept it or you don't.
if you don't like it, take a handful of valium 5 and end your miserable life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

REVEALED: Nigeria Now Producing Armoured Vehicles / #they Will Go And Drink A Drunk That Will Kill Them# Says; Patiance Jonathan# / Igbo Demands N1trillion From Fg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.