Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. (803 Views)

Tinubu Calls Buhari "Agent Of Destabilisation" / Destabilisation Plot: Lai Muhammed Is A Liar - Afenifere / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by HighChief4(m): 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2011
THE newly-inaugurated Senate has uncovered a destabilisation plot which, sources said, is being coordinated by the leadership of one of the opposition parties.

A returning senator, who spoke to the Nigerian Tribune on the matter, said that the senators were told of the plot which emanated at a meeting of the opposition party with one of their leaders.

The senator said that the plot involved a serious and consistent antagonism against the leadership of the new Senate.

The source said that a leader of one of the parties, who is seeking to rally the opposition parties along the line of his agenda, however, met a brick wall in the senators of the All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP), who refused to join in the destabilisation plot.

Sources said that the plot was to ensure that members of the opposition parties opposed every pro-PDP move in the Senate and possibly grind its activities to a halt.

“The plan is to ensure that the Senate does not move as smoothly as it did between 2007 and 2011.
The fact is that one of the opposition parties told its members that if the president of the Senate, Senator David Mark, is allowed to have a smooth sail, he could start eyeing top national positions in 2015 and bringing him down to earth would force the man to negotiate with them,” a source said.

While members of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) were said to have attended the meeting, senators from the ANPP reportedly refused to attend.

One of the lawmakers told the emissaries that he was not ready to attend a meeting where he would be dictated to from Lagos. He said he was out to represent his party in the Senate and would only do things that would enhance the standard of life of his constituents.

“We can’t just start opposing in the Senate just for the sake of opposition. We can support issues that are in tandem with the thinking of our people and reject those that are against the wishes of our people. But, as for me, I don’t represent Lagos; I represent my people,” the senator said.

A source said that the plot by the leader of ACN, Senator Bola Tinubu, to back Senator George Akume as Senate Minority Leader, was one of the methods he intended using to orchestrate division in the Senate.

“Tinubu wants Akume to become minority leader, when he knows that Akume and the Senate president are practically political enemies. The scenario he wants painted is such that Akume will continue to block bills and moves to enhance the workings of the Senate. It is a sure way of preparing the Senate for a disastrous session,” the source said.
Re: Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by Mynd44: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2011
Conspiracy theorists
Re: Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by johnie: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2011
Source please
Re: Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by seanet02: 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2011
PDP media manipulators
Re: Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by 2mch(m): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
High_Chief:

“Tinubu wants Akume to become minority leader, when he knows that Akume and the Senate president are practically political enemies. The scenario he wants painted is such that Akume will continue to block bills and moves to enhance the workings of the Senate. It is a sure way of preparing the Senate for a disastrous session,” the source said.

Seems like someone wants to destabilise Nigeria, so that he can play the savior role. This is what he does everywhere. Destabilise everything so that people desperate for a savior, any savior will be willing to fall for his tricks. However, we have seen how the selection of Tambuwal backfired. I guess he was trying to cause discord in the PDP. But the idiot he supported went back to dobale for his principals. I am sure they will be strategizing on how to deal with the ACN members. Area boy politics always backfires on a national stage. PDP is more unified in the Nigerian treasury for Tinubu to be an obstacle. This is the case of an ant trying to kill and elephant. grin cheesy
Re: Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2011
plot plot plot everywhere

when will we institute our own guy fawkes night cheesy
Re: Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by seanet02: 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2011
2mch:

Seems like someone wants to destabilise Nigeria, so that he can play the savior role. This is what he does everywhere. Destabilise everything so that people desperate for a savior, any savior will be willing to fall for his tricks. However, we have seen how the selection of Tambuwal backfired. I guess he was trying to cause discord in the PDP. But the he supported went back to dobale for his principals. I am sure they will be strategizing on how to deal with the ACN members. Area boy politics always backfires on a national stage. PDP is more unified in the Nigerian treasury for Tinubu to be an obstacle. This is the case of an ant trying to kill and elephant. grin cheesy
Can You tell us a Bill Mark and His Colleagues Tried to initiate that have meaningful impact on Nigerians?
Re: Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by enyojo(f): 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
[size=14pt]Tribune[/size]
Anti-ACN Paper.
Re: Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by nulldev: 4:34pm On Jun 10, 2011
High_Chief:

THE newly-inaugurated Senate has uncovered a destabilisation plot which, sources said, is being coordinated by the leadership of one of the opposition parties.

A returning senator, who spoke to [b]the Nigerian Tribune [/b]on the matter, said that the senators were told of the plot which emanated at a meeting of the opposition party with one of their leaders.

The senator said that the plot involved a serious and consistent antagonism against the leadership of the new Senate.

The source said that a leader of one of the parties, who is seeking to rally the opposition parties along the line of his agenda, however, met a brick wall in the senators of the All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP), who refused to join in the destabilisation plot.

Sources said that the plot was to ensure that members of the opposition parties opposed every pro-PDP move in the Senate and possibly grind its activities to a halt.

“The plan is to ensure that the Senate does not move as smoothly as it did between 2007 and 2011.
The fact is that one of the opposition parties told its members that if the president of the Senate, Senator David Mark, is allowed to have a smooth sail, he could start eyeing top national positions in 2015 and bringing him down to earth would force the man to negotiate with them,” a source said.

While members of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) were said to have attended the meeting, senators from the ANPP reportedly refused to attend.

One of the lawmakers told the emissaries that he was not ready to attend a meeting where he would be dictated to from Lagos. He said he was out to represent his party in the Senate and would only do things that would enhance the standard of life of his constituents.

“We can’t just start opposing in the Senate just for the sake of opposition. We can support issues that are in tandem with the thinking of our people and reject those that are against the wishes of our people. But, as for me, I don’t represent Lagos; I represent my people,” the senator said.

A source said that the plot by the leader of ACN, Senator Bola Tinubu, to back Senator George Akume as Senate Minority Leader, was one of the methods he intended using to orchestrate division in the Senate.

The Tribune yet again  grin  The piece reads like 2 separate drafts joined together. Went from anonymous opposition party to a sinister Tinubu plot. 9ja press and hyperbole sha  grin
Re: Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by nulldev: 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2011
Same tribune that declared Akala winner during the last election?

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/political-games-oyo-state-inec-refuses-declare-acn-winner
Re: Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by enyojo(f): 4:50pm On Jun 10, 2011
nulldev:

Same tribune that declared Akala winner during the last election?

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/political-games-oyo-state-inec-refuses-declare-acn-winner

DON'T MIND THEM!
HOWEVER, THE MORE THEY AND OTHER HIGHLY COMPROMISED MEDIA HOUSES CAVES LIKE THEM GIVE THE OPPOSITION A BREATHING SPACE, THE MORE DEMOCRACY WILL THRIVE
Re: Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by dustydee: 5:07pm On Jun 10, 2011
Thought it was CPC.
Re: Senators Uncover Destabilisation Plot •acn Leaders Fingered. by Kilode1: 6:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
2mch:

Seems like someone wants to destabilise Nigeria, so that he can play the savior role. This is what he does everywhere. Destabilise everything so that people desperate for a savior, any savior will be willing to fall for his tricks. However, we have seen how the selection of Tambuwal backfired. I guess he was trying to cause discord in the PDP. But the  he supported went back to dobale for his principals. I am sure they will be strategizing on how to deal with the ACN members. Area boy politics always backfires on a national stage. PDP is more unified in the Nigerian treasury for Tinubu to be an obstacle. This is the case of an ant trying to kill and elephant. grin cheesy

Dude. Are you Nigerian? Do you want this country to progress?

Do you like democracy? are you happy with the way our country has been run in the last 51 years?

Do you feel sad or happy when you see Nigerian kids suffering? Do you want change or a continuation of the same chop make I chop politics?

Please re-read the part you quoted( if the story is true that is). Then you should commend the ACN for even thinking about choosing a strong foe of the Majority Senate President. Except you are PDP, That can only be good. I'll repost for you:

How can anybody in a so called democracy fail to support a situation like the one painted here?

Please tell me. Do you want a Senate where both parties are Padi Padis agreeing on everything? Is that what you want?

You want a senate minority leader (opposition) who will continue to collude with the Majority in parliament? Is that the kind of democracy we want? No checks, no balance, no opposition? Everybody come together and chop?

I agree Akume is no saint, and he can probably share stolen money faster than Bankole. But I'll rather take my chances with a so-called foe of another thief than with someone who can't stand up to him.

Please don't tell me they can use Ganiyu Solomon, shebi he's opposition too. Because, If you support him then why oppose the choice of Akume?, especially when his opponents said he's powerful and influential enough to checkmate the Senate leader.

Will you send your C team to play Barcelona's A team?

BTW, I hate the idea of ACN voting for a House majority leader, I think that should be the job of the opposition to elect their leader with no input from anyone, while ACN sticks to choosing the strongest folks they can get for the minority leader in agreement with Other opposition parties.

I hope we really want this democracy thing, because if we don't we can always ask for a new system. Or better still come together and negotiate a split or restructuring undecided

IMO, I don't want politicians to agree together, I want them to compete and eat themselves raw, dog-eat-dog style. That was why I voted for an opposition. I'm not interested in Padi Padi politics, it perpetuates the sufferings of my people.

I'll rather they fight and kill themselves while trying to loot than smile and shake hands when my people are suffering.

(1) (Reply)

Minister Orders Bi-courtney (babalakin) To Stop Collection Of Psc / Makoko Shanty For Demolition / Salami: Acn Is Weeping More Than The Bereaved - Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.