Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia (4051 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie / Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match (2) (3) (4)

Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by HighChief4(m): 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2011
THERE are strong indications that the ban placed on West Bromwich Albion’s attacker, Osaze Odemwingie, by coach Samson Siasia of the Super Eagles would be extended to the team’s next Africa Nations Cup qualifier against Madagascar and the friendly re-match against Argentina in Antanarivo and Dhakar, Bangladesh, respectively.

Siasia yesterday insisted that Odemwingie, who is expected to play this weekend in the Kanu Nwankwo Testimonial Match scheduled for the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos, remained banned because he has refused to apologise to either his national team-mates, his coach or the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) for walking out on the team after the qualifier against Ethiopia in Abuja.

Siasia said the Lille of France former player knew what was expected of him by both players and technical crew of the Super Eagles, and would only be recalled to the national team if he properly apologised for his actions. He regretted that the player had been making comments in the media over the issue rather than doing what was expected of him.

“I don’t want to talk about the Odemwingie issue again, I don’t see it as a personal case,” Siasia said. “It is very simple, he has not apologised to me; he has not apologised to the team or even the FA for what he did. It is not about an individual, rather it is all about the team, so I believe he knows what to do if he wants to be part of the team.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2011/june/10/sportsbreak-10-06-2011-001.html
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by hollandis(f): 6:39pm On Jun 10, 2011
Siasia should swallow his pride and think about qualifying us for thr Nations cup.Idddiotttttttt
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by snowdrops(m): 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2011
maybe he wants odemwegie to come crawling hands and knees begging him. he is taking this personally at present.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by MeGaStReEt: 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2011
Why cant he (Osaze) apologise to the whole team for walking out on them?
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by snowdrops(m): 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
this has now turned to witch hunting. it might ven drive the poor osaze into premature retirement from international football. that would clearly be a loss to nigeria.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by honeric01(m): 10:47pm On Jun 10, 2011
Source please.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by snowdrops(m): 10:48pm On Jun 10, 2011
story sounds genuine as its already on the internet
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by phreakabit(m): 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2011
I don't get this Siasia of a animal? Apologise how many times eh? First it was two matches, now this? Is he just trying to create a space for Issac promise in the team or what? Well even if Osaze gets called back into the team, I can assure you this bad blood between them will continue!
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Kilode1: 2:51am On Jun 11, 2011
A coach is trying to enforce discipline and promote good team spirit for once and we can't appreciate and encourage him? SMH

If he likes let him remain obstinate, can Osaze play all positions at the same time? He should apologize to his teammates and his coach or stay out. Talent full Ajegunle. undecided
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by bright007(f): 4:07am On Jun 11, 2011
*only time would tell of wat siasia is cooking.He thinks he does not need osaze in ťĥĕ team.Hope he has got å good resistance should in case ťĥĕ tides turn against him.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by biglawks(m): 4:23am On Jun 11, 2011
Pride comes head-2-head !.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by ypad: 5:12am On Jun 11, 2011
We should all support the coach and the team. there is no way the teacher and the student can rank levels. The teacher said you should apologize directing to him so what is the big deal in doing it. Osaze should swallow his pride and apologize to Siasia. We have many football talent in Nigeria.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by JAZES(m): 5:46am On Jun 11, 2011
bright007:

*only time would tell of wat siasia is cooking.He thinks he does not need osaze in ťĥĕ team.Hope he has got å good resistance should in case ťĥĕ tides turn against him.

I totally agree with u on this, only time will tell.
We dey here dey watch.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by comechop(m): 6:27am On Jun 11, 2011
lol like osaze cld care less. He has apologized and thats it. Besides who is paying his bread and butter?
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by linkin8k(m): 7:40am On Jun 11, 2011
Kilode?!:

A coach is trying to enforce discipline and promote good team spirit for once and we can't appreciate and encourage him? SMH

If he likes let him remain obstinate, can Osaze play all positions at the same time? He should apologize to his teammates and his coach or stay out. Talent full Ajegunle. undecided
very true. Why can't people see a coach trying to build up a disciplined team? Instead of insulting the coach can't people support him.

ypad:

We should all support the coach and the team. there is no way the teacher and the student can rank levels. The teacher said you should apologize directing to him so what is the big deal in doing it. Osaze should swallow his pride and apologize to Siasia. We have many football talent in Nigeria.
As in talent dey worry us for this country
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by oliidell(m): 7:53am On Jun 11, 2011
Siasia shud not think he is above being fired, in as much as discipline is essential, he shud not jeopardize our qualification chances, osaze's is in super form, apologies be danged.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by mcgboye(m): 8:03am On Jun 11, 2011
There are fewer things more important than discipline, and it's been the single most serious issue we've had in d super eagles. Who says our problems wil be solved once Osaze steps onto the pitch? Let's face it; beyond d facet of sentiments, the coach has said Osaze hasnt apologised to the team and d FA. He's has only reportedly done so during the interviews wit sports media. The issue here is not his twitter rant, but the fact that he abandoned the team. So what happens if he's let into the team out of desperation yet we end up not qualifying. We would have lost a great chance to solve this great problem. Let's not be swayed by the fantastic season wonder.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by MMM2(m): 8:08am On Jun 11, 2011
i hate football angry
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by BabaO2: 8:51am On Jun 11, 2011
destined second fiddle siasia is too proud. He thinks he's too good, merely because Nigerians are clamoring for him as against too expensive and non performing hired foreign coaches.
Siasia lacks mental capacity to win top spots.
Proud for nothing.
A coach that cannot beat local Togo in Nigeria
A coach that can not beat Ethiopia
A coach that cannot beat Guinea
A coach that cannot beat 10 men Germany U21
A coach that achieved nothing at Heartland
NFF should be monitoring Michael Emelanor for this position jor.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by binoe: 9:34am On Jun 11, 2011
i support siasia big time- no one should be above the team. we have lacked discipline for so long in our national team
i dont care how good he is ( even if na messi). discipline first
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Wislet(f): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2011
CAN'T BELIEVE THE LEVEL OF REASONING OF SOME PEOPLE HERE. IF U DONT KNOW DE IMPORTANCE OF DISCIPLINE, DAT'S TERRIBLE. , U GET COLD FEET JUST BECAUSE OF ONE GUY- INDIRECTLY SAYING DAT ALL OTHER PLAYERS ARE WORTH NOTHING EXCEPT ONE. Pride is bad. He wronged. He must apologize. If everyone should behave like he did, the entire team will become uncontrollable. U cant have a team anymore with that, can you?
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by tunyus(m): 9:56am On Jun 11, 2011
Baba_O:

destined second fiddle siasia is too proud. He thinks he's too good, merely because Nigerians are clamoring for him as against too expensive and non performing hired foreign coaches.
Siasia lacks mental capacity to win top spots.
Proud for nothing.
A coach that cannot beat local Togo in Nigeria
A coach that can not beat Ethiopia
A coach that cannot beat Guinea
A coach that cannot beat 10 men Germany U21
A coach that achieved nothing at Heartland
NFF should be monitoring Michael Emelanor for this position jor.
haters, shameless you
Wislet:

CAN'T BELIEVE THE LEVEL OF REASONING OF SOME PEOPLE HERE. IF U DONT KNOW DE IMPORTANCE OF DISCIPLINE, DAT'S TERRIBLE. , U GET COLD FEET JUST BECAUSE OF ONE GUY- INDIRECTLY SAYING DAT ALL OTHER PLAYERS ARE WORTH NOTHING EXCEPT ONE. Pride is bad. He wronged. He must apologize. If everyone should behave like he did, the entire team will become uncontrollable. U cant have a team anymore with that, can you?
GBAM brilliant you.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Soulstarr(m): 10:11am On Jun 11, 2011
Not Siasia's biggest fan but I'm with him on this one. Indiscipline has cost d eagles a lot in the past and this view that a Nigerian premiership star somehow does not need us is pretty flawed, Osaze could never have gotten a work permit needed to play for west brom in d prem league if he wasn't playing for the eagles, so he owes Nigeria some gratitude (so do all players like him);

"Currently a non-EU player applying for the permit must have played for his country in at least 75 percent of its competitive 'A' team matches for which he was available for selection during the previous two years, and his country must have averaged at least 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings over the previous two years. If a player does not meet those criteria, the club wishing to sign him may appeal if they believe that he is a special talent and "able to contribute significantly to the development of the game at the top level in the UK."
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by mrperfect(m): 10:12am On Jun 11, 2011
I belief the best be done.
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by fyneguy: 10:36am On Jun 11, 2011
Some people are just funny. So if you were asked to apologise for insubordination in your office, you would go on radio to apologize?
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by fijiano202(m): 10:53am On Jun 11, 2011
i dont know what to say about thise useless siasia,instead of him to face the important matter at hand,the useless coach almost lost the last match,now hes fighting to qualify as a best loser for the nations cup,guinea is going to win the group either we win or draw them at abuja
pls osaze dont apologies,you dont need to apologies to any useless team or coach or NFA,you dont need the useless nigeria team to play in any big club,you are doing great at west brom,you will surely be invited back to the team after siasia has been sacked
i wonder the hype nigerians are giving him cos siasia has never won any cup hes always coming in second always ned 95,olympic any tournament he coached,i would have prefer keshi to this guy
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Arctic(m): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2011
Odemwingies twitter page:

http://twitter.com/#!/osazeodemwingie
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Effiko(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2011
we are tokin abt discpline here , so all dese playas wnt feel important
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2011
[b]Why can't Osaze apologise for walking out on his team mate, let him bury his pride or bury being part of the national team.
Siasia should imbibe more discipline so our team can be free from the likes of osaze.
[/b]
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Guk: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2011
Osaze is an EU citizen, therefore the UK work permit condition of playing for your country does not apply to him, however, he needs to swallow his pride, apologize & move on, shikena!!!!
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by 2n2k(m): 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2011
fyneguy:

Some people are just funny. So if you were asked to apologise for insubordination in your office, you would go on radio to apologize?

Go on radio ke? He should just tweet the apology. If your Oga failed to see the apology. then he owes you one
Re: Odemwingie Remains Banned. He Needs To Apologize - Siasia by Strat: 1:10pm On Jun 11, 2011
I follow Odemwingie on Twitter and I have no doubt he is a proud Nigerian. Even before now he had the luxury of choosing between two countries and he choose Nigeria. He wears our wrist band in his EPL matches. According to him on Twitter. He came home for a qualification match, he had missed 2 matches for his club and the Nigeria match was his first after recovery and his club informed that he can only be risked for the qualifiers. He came we won ( he created the assist) and he left, not waiting for the friendly and his twitter read " Done my part, sorry can't risk playing friendly" if its on twitter won't he have informed siasia? anyways the coach said he wasn't informed and banned him, Sad in my opinion and he is trying to encourage victor moses and the rest to come.

Michel Obi ignores Nigeria's call all the time, Siasia should focus and bond his team. There is a time to win and a time to discipline. Sir Alex in the same position will win and get a replacement. Then punish you months after, never letting your punishment divide or weaken the team ( i.e Rooney's incident, Beckham, Stan , even Barba he got the little pie before benching Barba for all his previous offenses, Its common sense the objective is not to change a grown man but to win titles. The punishment will come later ( once you have a substitute) and others will learn from it that way its a win-win.

Man United Beats Real Madrid In Inter Continental Cup. (HIGHLIGHTS) / See how Pogba dresses to Manchester United training / Full Time In Niamey: Niger (1) - Nigeria (3)