Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

How To Detect A Fake Apple Ipad 2? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Detect A Fake Apple Ipad 2? (18304 Views)

How To Detect A Hidden Camera In A Room. / Apple Ipad 2 16gb Wifi Only - N50,000 Brand New - 08022392062 - Bb Pin: 2125deec / Fake Apple Stores In China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Detect A Fake Apple Ipad 2? by tutujuju: 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2011
I want to buy an apple ipad 2 but the prices i see on this forum are mostly outrageous and I just realized that most of the sellers just want to make a killing from each unit sale.
I eventually found a seller who sells for a fair price, but he said his ipad 2 isn't branded. I was hoping to buy a branded AT&T ipad 3g + wifi or other branded ipad 2 (excluding Verizon, since that won't work here), but he says he has no branded one.
Now i have never used an apple product before and don't want to be a buyer of a knock off product. So are there fake ipad 2 for sale? Are there unbranded apple ipad 2 with 3g + wifi from U.S.A ?
How do i differentiate a fake ipad2 from the original one?
Re: How To Detect A Fake Apple Ipad 2? by Lexusgs430: 8:42am On Jun 11, 2011
If it is not 7up, it cannot be like 7up !!!
Re: How To Detect A Fake Apple Ipad 2? by tutujuju: 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2011
anyone has useful tips?
Re: How To Detect A Fake Apple Ipad 2? by seggsberry: 10:26pm On Jun 11, 2011
see,buyin anyone of this would bring an endless crack at u,which u would regret,well i sell phone bb n apple product directly frm a reliable sources, n moreso,buyin a branded one limits ur acess towards some app.
Well i can guarantee u a fair price n good product wit 12+1 mth guarantee.
Re: How To Detect A Fake Apple Ipad 2? by omafones: 11:09am On Jun 14, 2011
@tutujuju before you go making judgements on people, try calling them first, call omafones on 08033068085.
iPad 2 3G 16gb is N140k

I know you will argue it's cheaper in Slot, don't know why you haven't bought from them?

with 'omafones' you get a personal service and warranty.
We will asist you in setting up your iPad, open an iTunes account for you and register your product with Apple worldwide warranty.

Our iPads are actually UK spec so no issues of power conversion (although this is not always a problem with US spec)
If you've never used Apple products before you will be impressed with the quality of graphics and ease of use. The sticking point with some users of Apple products in Nigeria is the iTunes account (Nigeria is not a recognised country on iTunes, but this is not a problem as there is a simple 2 minute workaround)

But as mentioned above; people selling on Nairaland did not always 'steal' their products, iPad 2 is still on waiting list in most countries hence the high price, please check Apple store US or Apple store UK for current prices and availabilty.

To answer your specific question, you buy from us, you get your Apple warranty immediately, you can't say more genuine than this or you can get the serial number of the iPad you want to buy and check this out on the Apple website.
Re: How To Detect A Fake Apple Ipad 2? by tutujuju: 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2011
@omafones
Why should i call when u have a website? what is the point of you having a website if clients need to call?
On your website it is written 180,000 naira for apple ipad2 3g + wifi and only after i exposed your overpriced items did u write a different price on nairaland embarassed
Prices on your website still remains the same,
@ 180k that is 35k more expensive than SLot which is more popular and to think u are in a competitive world, your price should be competitive and even lesser, but obviously ur greed to make a killing from each sale wouldn't make you wake up to smell the coffee
No one said anyone stole their product, but i just realized that most of the sellers including you are just greedy and hence trying to milk out from every unit sold hence putting outrageous prices, in fact i believe if you got your product cheaper than Slot, u will still put such price in order to fulfill your 45,000 naira or more profit from each unit but it's ironic you will keep upping your thread hoping someone will be stupid enough to pay such outrageous prices to fulfill your greed.

So since it's a free world to sell at whatever price your greed suits you, it's also a free world for me to expose your greed, outrageous-overpriced items and where to get them far cheap and hence save clients about 30,000 to 40,000 naira undecided
Re: How To Detect A Fake Apple Ipad 2? by omafones: 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2011
@tutujuju please calm down Mr Investigator, prices of electronics are very flexible, even check Slot website their prices are not always what they charge, hence I said call us for current prices. Our customers call us regularly and have dialogue with us regarding our services and prices.

More importantly have you sorted your challenge regarding the difference between 'fake' or dodgy iPads or iPads with warranty?

as I said before check the IMEI number on the Apple website
Re: How To Detect A Fake Apple Ipad 2? by AskProf: 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2011
Hello
Re: How To Detect A Fake Apple Ipad 2? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2011
tutujuju:

@omafones
Why should i call when u have a website? what is the point of you having a website if clients need to call?
On your website it is written 180,000 naira for apple ipad2 3g + wifi and only after i exposed your overpriced items did u write a different price on nairaland embarassed
Prices on your website still remains the same,
@ 180k that is 35k more expensive than SLot which is more popular and to think u are in a competitive world, your price should be competitive and even lesser, but obviously your greed to make a killing from each sale wouldn't make you wake up to smell the coffee
No one said anyone stole their product, but i just realized that most of the sellers including you are just greedy and hence trying to milk out from every unit sold hence putting outrageous prices, in fact i believe if you got your product cheaper than Slot, u will still put such price in order to fulfill your 45,000 naira or more profit from each unit but it's ironic you will keep upping your thread hoping someone will be silly enough to pay such outrageous prices to fulfill your greed.

So since it's a free world to sell at whatever price your greed suits you, it's also a free world for me to expose your greed, outrageous-overpriced items and where to get them far cheap and hence save clients about 30,000 to 40,000 naira undecided

bros every seller has d rite to put any price he wants on his goods.If u can afford it go for it, if u cant waka!!!. av u been to apple shop in civic center? do u know d price of an ipad2 16gig overthere? YOU WILL BE SHOCKED!!!. And i'm sure they know d price in slot because when i complained that the price was almost double dat of slot, the lady told me thats y customers have a choice to choose that i can always go to slot to buy my products n she faced other customers (but what she sed its true!!!)
Re: How To Detect A Fake Apple Ipad 2? by ogbongzky(m): 11:42am On Sep 25, 2011
Fake iPad are still very rare for now. If you need any help with iPad, I can always help. I am really enjoying my own and have already created a category for iPad tips on my blog.

(1) (Reply)

Tested and Trusted...1gb now ₦350 | 5gb = ₦1700 / Brand New LG and Samsung flat screen LED TV For sale / JANUARY 2022 price for Samsung galaxy S9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.