Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,490 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) (7707 Views)

5 Benefits Of Attending Church / See What It Exactly Looks Like Not To Pay Your Tithe / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by paris10: 12:00am On Jun 11, 2011
Lately, I found Church going so boring and very predictable. The same old story. Trend continued every Sunday! Choir sing, Pastor calls out those with testimonies, Pastor testify self as a perfect example of those blessings, and so on. At the end of the day, the sermon is gonna end up with either '5 or 10' things you must do to get blessed or get rich.

The funny part is, when you get on the internet, either on yahoo or hotmail page, you see the same "5 or 10" things to do before you get rich. Secular people have always followed these latter simple steps and are reaping the benefit. But come to think about it, these steps doesn't even include TITHING. Secular people understand the power behind getting rich. You don't even have to be a Xtian to get blessed or rich. It all boils down to CHARITY (which comes in form of an offering, either to a Church, group or individual).

The difference between a Xtian and an non-believer is the belief they hold. Aside from the belief, all factors, mode,,steps and ways of getting rich or blessed remain same. Christians are not in any way better financially than non-Xtians or unbelievers. Just unfortunate that most of our Pastors have brainwashed many in relation to making money. Is it me or that the reason many go to Church is to be better off financially? I love to go to Church to worship God and sing those beautiful heavenly songs to HIM, that's just me!

Praise and Worship time is getting smaller and smaller, and longer hours for sermon. Half of the sermon is now used in emphasising the reason to pay tithe. In my Church, the Pastor preached for 60 minutes on tithe alone, and that was just part one. The next sunday, part two was preached. I got so bored and irritated. I noticed a lot of my friends and some members of the congregation were'nt pleased as well. The problem is, we have the consciousness that something ain't right somewhere, but we lack boldness and audacity to dare mention it. We were under a kinda spell and shadow. Church obedience and service had consumed us.

The man of God to us then was always perfect and was always getting everything spot on.

To be continued,  Need to pick up my sweet heart from the salon

1 Like

Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 11, 2011
Please don’t mistake this as an attempt to specify who could be personified as the harlot church. Its not.  Rather, its to open your spiritual sensitivities up to what the harlot church is, does and says. In essense,  what is the spirit animating the false church. I hope that you will see that the spirit of the harlot church is in stiff competition with the bride of Christ and many are so confused they are joining the harlot church while despising God’s true church. Today, in our lifetime, the harlot church is racing towards worldwide domination.  Babylon seeks to eclipse and ultimately extinguish Zion.
I want you to be fully aware that this site (and others) is being attacked because we are exposing the harlot church and its members. The easy part is that we dont have to create or embellish anything about the harlot church, because the scriptures give us great detail of her perverse passions:

Rev 17:1-7 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great LovePeddler that sitteth upon many waters:
With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

The harlot church is an endtime perversion of the body of Christ. It offers it all: great “gospel music”, fabulous popular performers, large “ministries”, lots of “love” and tolerance, “nonpunitive” discussions dialogue, nonjudgmental fellowship, good works and a very seductive form of godliness. The harlot church’s address is easy to find: its on broadway. Broadway is a densely populated stretch of spiritual real estate.  Its mantra: we are right, because we are many. Consequently, anything small is insignificant and certainly could not represent God.
Thus, the harlot church hates any open criticism of her damnable agenda. The chief demon at her helm counts on massive deception to cover its tracks. This will play out until the very end until the Lord himself exposes her true identity and destroys her.
Size is at the core of the harlot church’s self- justification. She aggrandizes herself and others based on numbers. After all, how could it be so wrong if so many people are following it? Large numbers must mean God’s blessings is on it, right? People are attracted to what is blessed, right?
But the truth about the harlot church of broadway is found in scripture. Jesus himself told us to avoid traveling on the broadway, because it leads to destruction. And take notice of what he says about the numbers:

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.  Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. Matthew 7:13-14(NKJV)

The values of the harlot church are diametrically opposed to the kingdom of God paradigm. In the kingdom, few are many. The kingdom is represented by a remnant out of the nations and peoples of the earth. In the kingdom, the rule of God is supreme and accepted with great devotion.  In God’s kingdom, success equals obedience, not great gain (Joshua 1:8 ). In the kingdom,  one chases a thousand and two, ten thousand. In the kingdom, God’s Word is God’s will.
The great aggregation of happy people who are members of the harlot church are dancing, shouting and singing their way into hell. There are only a few on the road to life. In the wisdom of the worldly, carnal church no one wants to be a part of something thats not popular, or as they put it ”growing”.  The harlot church has mastered the “larger is better” model of church because numbers mean everything.  In order to attract more and more into her deceptive dance into hell, the harlot church craves the recognition numbers affords her. The more people who gather to “worship” at Broadway Harlot Church, the more “powerful” its proclaimed to be.
The harlot church must appear prosperous at all costs. Canaverous buildings, professional staff with ostentatious sounding titles, celebrity ceo-style pastors, large budgets, worldwide TV programs, technological magic tricks,  the hippest music ministers, and connections to the well known. Its a massive marketing tool to get more people onto Broadway and as quickly as possible. The lights, action and camera of religion draw the gullible in like moths to the flame.  Biblically, its unrecognizable as a church where Christ is Lord or even present.  The message and machination of the prosperity movement cannot lull for even  for a second lest someone think that the harlot church isnt what she claims to be.

“The church as we know it today seems a million miles from the New Testament church. That may be a great generalization, but I will stand on it. There is a gulf between our average Christianity and the church of New Testament that makes the Grand Canyon look like a cavity in someone’s tooth.”  Leonard Ravenhill

The harlot church is invested with every variation of sexual immorality. That’s why today, those who are in heterosexual sin have no authority to reprove those in homosexual sin. Eventually they will proclaim homosexuality equal and blessed by the god of the harlot church. Those who reject the inclusive new sexual ethic will be persecuted to the fullest extent.  Even now, the groundwork is being laid through the false gay christian church. Adult-child sex will be commonplace and it too will be declared a love which is blessed by the god of the harlot church.
There’s a reason the false church is styled by Christ as a harlot. The common imagery of a harlot is a love-peddler.  For the love-peddler, no sexual act is out of the question if you meet the price. For the spiritual harlot, no lifestyle is unacceptable if the money and adoration of her is met. Inclusivity is a core tenet of the harlot church. The god of the harlot church seeks to get all to the table of equality. This mission to include all (while using John 3:16 as bait) means that the numbers will swell to even greater heights and thus continue the ruse of authenticity.

Last, but certainly not least, the harlot church is not afraid to use scripture. You’ll always recognize a member of the harlot church because they have a scriptural, albeit shallow, answer  for any objection to its lies.

God says judge not aka “you dont know me”
Who is without sin, let him cast the first stone aka “no one qualified to preach truth”
Touch not the Lords anointed aka “dont put you mouth on the mand of gawd”
The only command from Jesus is to love aka “homosexuality is natural”
Thus, the  harlot church uses the scripture only as a defense for her agenda of death and perversion.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by nlMediator: 1:08am On Jun 11, 2011
paris10:

Lately, I found Church going so boring and very predictable. The same old story. Trend continued every Sunday! Choir sing, Pastor calls out those with testimonies, Pastor testify self as a perfect example of those blessings, and so on. At the end of the day, the sermon is gonna end up with either '5 or 10' things you must do to get blessed or get rich.

The funny part is, when you get on the internet, either on yahoo or hotmail page, you see the same "5 or 10" things to do before you get rich. Circular people have always followed the simple steps and are reaping the benefit. But come to think about it, it doesn't even include TITHE. Circular people understand the power behind getting rich. You don't even have to be a Xtian to get blessed or rich. It all boils down to CHARITY (which comes in form of an offering, either to a Church, group or individual).

The difference between a Xtian and an non-believer is the belief they hold. Aside from the belief, all factors, mode,,steps and ways of getting rich or blessed remain same. Christians are not in any way better financially with non-Xtians or unbelievers. Just unfortunate that most of our Pastors have brainwashed many in relation to making money. Is it me or that the reason many go to Church is to be better off financially? I love to go to Church to worship God and sing those beautiful heavenly songs to HIM, that's just me!

Praise and Worship time is getting smaller and smaller, and longer hours for sermon. Half of the sermon is now used in emphasising the reason to pay tithe. In my Church, the Pastor preached for 60 minutes on tithe alone, and that was just part one. The next sunday, part two was preached. I got so bored and irritated. I noticed a lot of my friends and some members of the congregation were'nt pleased as well. The problem is, we have the consciousness that something ain't right somewhere, but we lack boldness and audacity to dare mention it. We were under a kinda spell and shadow. Church obedience and service had consumed us.

The man of God to us then was always perfect and was always getting everything spot on.

To be continued, Need to pick up my sweet heart from the salon

You're right about the secular principles to wealth. It's about the same for christians. And that's what many a successful pastor or minstry follows, knowingly or unknowingly. Giving is only a small part of what what you need to do to get wealthy. My little study has convinced me that pastors truly follow these principles, including little giving - less than 5% (including "tithes"wink, while the flock sometimes gives everything they have, yet making only marginal economic progress. I'm willing to donate $1000 to a charity of the person's choosing, if any person can show me that he knows up to 5 pastors or ministries that truly give more than 5% of income.

About church being boring, I share your pain. It seems to be a recurring refrain. I believe that pastors called by God really have good intentions in emphasizing money. The assumption is that if christians prosper, it'll be a good testimony for Jesus and there will be more resources to carry out the Great Commission. Sadly, the pursuit of wealth has left many unhappy and unfulfilled. Ever wonder why campus fellowship (in those days; don't know if changed today) seemed to be full of joy and gladness? Well, nobody worried about money and how to get it, including the pastors. It was all about serving God and living right in a community in which everybody knew each other. No family responsibilities, so people had little qualms spending a lot of time in fellowship. Well, outside school, there are many responsibilities and being in church most of the week does not sound like a good formula. There are so many building and other projects that neever seem to end. People are burnt out and are not refreshed. True fellowship hardly exists as people rush in and rush out or gravitate toward people of their own socio-economic class. Unsuccessful people are made to feel inferior. At least, in school everybody was a student. Class distinctions, while existent, was not as pronounced. Now, it's a matter of who lives in Lekki or works in Chevron.

My fear is that this sense of dissatisfaction will continue and lead to more problems for everyone. Pastors are far removed from the people and genuinely do not know their problems. When we're growing up, a Catholic priest can drive into your compound without prompting. Greet everybody and people feel good. There is no system in pentecostal circles to have real interaction and dialogue. Members have to accept everything the leadership says. If you complain, the response you hear is that you should find a ministry that aligns more with your beliefs. There is simply no rational basis for the disconnect between the clergy and the congregation.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by paris10: 1:35am On Jun 11, 2011
I'm back! The Hair-do was brilliant!

Continuing, 

Not that I don't appreciate the enormous task and efforts Pastors do put into making our lives better, they always expect something back from you which to me is fair. Ofcourse God wants us to give HIM thanks every now and then for the blessings we receive of HIM, how dare these Pastors compare themselves with GOD? "Jesus was rich and his garment was expensive" has always been the motor of most pentecostal Pastors.

I attended a friend's Church (just growing) on invitation last Sunday and I could see the efforts of both the Pastor and the members in trying to look for a bigger venue. Growing Churches put a lot of burden on their members; money, time and prayer wise. Just this evening, the same friend invited me again for a 6:00am service tomorrow (Saturday). I was like, why all this wahala? I told her I ain't gonna come. She said its going be a special service with a guest speaker. I then educate her about most guest speakers. They'd come to either beg, curse or manipulate you to giving all your money. These guys would pray for you, but at the end, the real mission would be to tell you to give your tithe or remain poor.

I don't want to be religious, but just want to do the ministry God has called me into. Most gullible xtians would rather give their offering or tithe than helping a brother in need. They have been so cajoled, marooned, manipulated and brainwashed in believing that giving to the Church is the only form of giving. some would even tell you "i don't have any money with me except my offering and tithe money" Excuse me? What is "my tithe and offering money?"

Xtians are so stingy and tight-handed, they always expect money miracles. They miss you when you've attended service for a long time, what about those times you've been away? The hypocrisy of Xtianity is just so appalling that it has beginning to affect my way of reasoning, although my intellect still function perfectly.

Just of recent Creflo Dollar was interviewed about a comment he made regarding tithe. Creflo said he would love to see those non-tithe payers get shot . He said no tithe paying, no money coming to you. The US govt have recently sent him an invite to come and account for his wealth. Don't see this happening in 9ja though.

Pastors profess they preach the word of God, but their main aim is to enrich themselves. A Pastor came on TEJU BABYFACE SHOW and was commended for the growth of his Church and the wealth he now possess. He did not even deny that the Church had made him rich. He said he could remember when he was broke and living in his home state. He came to Lagos, got some small money to start a Church, then Gbam!

Ask most of these Millionaires Pastor about their wealth, they'd deny it to your face that the Church has made them who they are today. Gullible and silly Church members would also support their theory and crap as well. They always have good intentions in the beginning, but money, money would make you change your language people!

To maintain the status quo these guys would do anything for money. Twisting scriptures is now the order of the day. Big grammar and vocabulary now convinces the silliest church goer into believing what the man of God is saying. This is not a topic for Pastors bashing but just keeping it real.

What happen to community Churches? Why don't we all stay under one big roof and see the awesomeness of GOD. The sooner a Church get lil bigger, the quicker donations to build another Church would be sort after. As soon as a Senior Pastor sees how big and how much money is coming in for the Church he presides over, he would quickly receive a calling to start his own Church.

I now understand the Oyakhilome's, the Ashimolowo's, Adeboye's, Oyedepo and so on. They understand the secret of how to acquire wealth. Whether you do it fraudulently or by any other means, your tithe is welcomed!

1 Like

Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by Joagbaje(m): 2:41am On Jun 11, 2011
The congregation don't make a pastor rich. Why is every pastor not rich. A pastor is first a christian . Every christian live by giving, a pastor live by giving also. The message of prosperity is for all to believe and act upon. If you believe in it ,it works for you. Many people testify how much they have prospered by acting their faith through giving. It's a spiritual law. It is false hood when some say members make a pastor rich and the members are poor.  What of all the testimonies in churches of how the word if zgod or giving had caused them to prosper. Some members have given gifts to their pastors in appreciation of the prodpeity that has come upon them through their ministry.

Definitely if a pastor is a blessing to people ,people will give to him. And you dont get broke because you give. Everybody must be a giver. Either it's in church o or on the street. It's a simple spiritual law. you don't give you will lack
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by nlMediator: 3:06am On Jun 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

The congregation don't make a pastor rich. Why is every pastor not rich. A pastor is first a christian . Every christian live by giving, a pastor live by giving also. The message of prosperity is for all to believe and act upon. If you believe in it ,it works for you. Many people testify how much they have prospered by acting their faith through giving. It's a spiritual law. It is false hood when some say members make a pastor rich and the members are poor. What of all the testimonies in churches of how the word if zgod or giving had caused them to prosper. Some members have given gifts to their pastors in appreciation of the prodpeity that has come upon them through their ministry.

Definitely if a pastor is a blessing to people ,people will give to him. And you dont get broke because you give. Everybody must be a giver. Either it's in church o or on the street. It's a simple spiritual law. you don't give you will lack

Oh yes, it's the Congregation in the vast majority of cases that makes the pastor rich. Where do you think the pastor's money comes from, if he has no separate job? And I'm not talking about salary here. Sure, some pastors are not rich, for a number of reasons. They do not want to. They are not conversant with important wealth-building principles. They do not know how to mobilize the congregation to make them rich. Their conscience or self-respect constrain them from invoking some get-rich tactics. Etc. I do not buy the idea that giving is a major avenue for building wealth or that many people have testified to getting wealthy by giving. While some genuine cases of God-given wealth cannot be disputed, many of those stories of wealth are more complicated than what appears on the surface. I have looked closely at friends and others in various churches to know that it is so. Unfortunately, many keep on deceiving themselves that they'd get rich SIMPLY by emptying their pockets in church. God never said so and they're better off, following His ordained pattern, which many pastors, btw, follow.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by Joagbaje(m): 3:47am On Jun 11, 2011
NLMediator:

Oh yes, it's the Congregation in the vast majority of cases that makes the pastor rich. Where do you think the pastor's money comes from

Many have jobs and businesses

if he has no separate job? And I'm not talking about salary here. Sure, some pastors are not rich, for a number of reasons. They do not want to. They are not conversant with important wealth-building principles. They do not know how to mobilize the congregation to make them rich. Their conscience or self-respect constrain them from invoking some get-rich tactics. Etc.

We can't deny the fact that some things can be abused with wrong motive. Any man that will do the work of ministry with wring motive will suffer for it and he will lose his reward in heaven also. We leave the motive to God. But if any person give in a church, he gives to God. And if you give to God ,grace will abound. We don't give to get poor.except it'
Wasn't a giving of faith.

I do not buy the idea that giving is a major avenue for building wealth or that many people have testified to getting wealthy by giving. While some genuine cases of God-given wealth cannot be disputed, many of those stories of wealth are more complicated than what appears on the surface. I have looked closely at friends and others in various churches to know that it is so. Unfortunately, many keep on deceiving themselves that they'd get rich SIMPLY by emptying their pockets in church. God never said so and they're better off, following His ordained pattern, which many pastors, btw, follow.

It is a law. If the poor give, he will receive , if a man is rich does not give he will lose it.The poor and the rich must give. It is only givings that are not born of faith that may not  be blessed.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by nlMediator: 4:29am On Jun 11, 2011
^^^^^^^

Many have jobs or businesses, so I excused them. However, even at that, their income and lifestyle cannot be fully explained by their salaries or business income. And even the businesses succeed because they benefit from relationship with the congregation. Who'd print his stuff elsewhere if her pastor has a printing business?

I do not dispute that giving leads to wealth. I just dispute the fact that people should give the way they give before they can be rich. The pastors prove this point with their small percentage of true giving. If members could follow the pastors' approach in giving appropriately, working hard like the pastors (who put unlimited hours to their ministry) and invest in themselves and their organizations, as the pastors do, they'll prosper. Unfortunately, they sit on the pews and believe that the more they give, the more they'll receive. If that's the case, why are pastors not following that formula and abandoning the other steps they're following?

And, btw, I'm not even talking about abuse. I'm saying that the pastors are following the true path to riches, ordained by God. What they should do with the money is a separate issue.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by nuclearboy(m): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2011
^^ Only 50 posts and you've gone head to head with our man Flint in quite a number of threads? The insidiousness/poison will get to you soon. embarassed

Lets watch and see how long it is before you're told to "humble yourself and learn" or that you're a baby or asked if you are Christian and have received the HS.

Guess this post may slow it down a bit but then again, not many reasoning marbles (which will help ensure caution) in that brain.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by paris10: 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

The congregation don't make a pastor rich. Why is every pastor not rich. A pastor is first a christian . Every christian live by giving, a pastor live by giving also. The message of prosperity is for all to believe and act upon. If you believe in it ,it works for you. Many people testify how much they have prospered by acting their faith through giving. It's a spiritual law. It is false hood when some say members make a pastor rich and the members are poor.  What of all the testimonies in churches of how the word if zgod or giving had caused them to prosper. Some members have given gifts to their pastors in appreciation of the prodpeity that has come upon them through their ministry.

You're the most silliest piece of poo on this forum. Pastors are rich because they give abi? Give to who in particular? You mean the broke people in your Pastor's Church don't give? Let me correct this notion now before you start your ignorant propaganda. Church members give more than the Pastors just that their time of blessing is yet to come.

Your Pastor (General Overseer) take from these innocent people and promise them financial breakthrough just by paying tithe and giving to the Church. Financial breakthrough does not come from paying tithe or giving only to the Church, it comes from money management, being creative and doing charity works.

A brother would come to Church and bless Pastor with a substantial amount (even if he had defrauded someone), the Pastor would immediately attribute the brothers "success" to paying tithe; an ignorant and fraudulent assumption from them.

If giving automatically brings about financial breakthrough (without other factors), then Mr Sunday Adeniyi should be rich. The likes of brother Tunji, Dapo, Femi, Nnamdi, Chi and the rest who many can testify to their giving ministry should be financially buoyant. Church members give and pay their tithes, yet almost 80% of them live below poverty line.

1 Like

Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2011
Financial breakthrough does not come from paying tithe or giving only to the Church, it comes from money management, being creative and doing charity works.

wise comment !

1 Like

Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by OmoTier1(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2011
This rank among the crest of ignorance I have come across on NL!

Do you sincerely know the meaning of church? Jesus said"I will build my church and the gates of hell SHALL not prevail against it" -meditate on that scripture abit and ask yourself, can Jesus or anything He chooses to do be boring?

Now I ask you this; are you a worker in the house of God?
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by OmoTier1(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2011

Do you sincerely know the meaning of 'church'? Jesus said;"I will build my church and the gates of hell SHALL not prevail against it" - meditate on that scripture abit and ask yourself: Can Jesus or anything He chooses to do be boring?

Also, I see how cleverly you have tried to twist the WORD for your gain but let me remind you, the WORD only has an impact when the Spirit of God acts on it, rightly the Spirit you can not manipulate to your vain!

Unknown to you, your first two introductory paragraphs reveals who you are and God will have mercy on you. Daring to compare the way of the rich of the World to that of a Christian! Or have you not heard or read how there was great famine in the Land of the philistines, while the world ran for the greener pastures, God in his wisdom told Isaac to sojourn therein and plant in the same land of philistine where every body-the world- was running away from. Go study the reminder part of that scripture and know God's foolishness is by far superior to man's greatest wisdom ever!

As for tithing, who forces you to tithe? Why call another names because one eats meat sacrifice to idols and another doesn't like Paul said? Thank God I am a tither in God's house!
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by nlMediator: 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2011
nuclearboy:

^^ Only 50 posts and you've gone head to head with our man Flint in quite a number of threads? The insidiousness/poison will get to you soon. embarassed

Lets watch and see how long it is before you're told to "humble yourself and learn" or that you're a baby or asked if you are Christian and have received the HS.

Guess this post may slow it down a bit but then again, not many reasoning marbles (which will help ensure caution) in that brain.

I'm actually a student by temperament. So, I'm willing to learn. Not worried about being called a babe but the person making the charge should at least demonstrate superior reasoning or incontrovertible fact. Not just claim it.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by nlMediator: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Do you sincerely know the meaning of 'church'? Jesus said;"I will build my church and the gates of hell SHALL not prevail against it" - meditate on that scripture abit and ask yourself: Can Jesus or anything He chooses to do be boring?

Also, I see how cleverly you have tried to twist the WORD for your gain but let me remind you, the WORD only has an impact when the Spirit of God acts on it, rightly the Spirit you can not manipulate to your vain!

Unknown to you, your first two introductory paragraphs reveals who you are and God will have mercy on you. Daring to compare the way of the rich of the World to that of a Christian! Or have you not heard or read how there was great famine in the Land of the philistines, while the world ran for the greener pastures, God in his wisdom told Isaac to sojourn therein and plant in the same land of philistine where every body-the world- was running away from. Go study the reminder part of that scripture and know God's foolishness is by far superior to man's greatest wisdom ever!

As for tithing, who forces you to tithe? Why call another names because one eats meat sacrifice to idols and another doesn't like Paul said? Thank God I am a tither in God's house!

I'm sorry, you're the one demonstrating ignorance. The path to riches as contained in the Bible has nothing to do with endless giving to pastors and church projects. Why didn't God tell Isaac to give in time of famine? Instead He told him to work hard and invest properly. And He blessed it. That's exactly what pastors do. They do not waste their resources giving to build others always at their own expense. No, they focus on investing in their ministries and growing them. While many in the pews keep on deceiving themselves that they'll get rich by "sowing more seed", ignorantly believing the pastor is doing the same especially when he regals them with testimonies of giving out cars or being the biggest giver in the church. Baloney.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2011
^^

Not sure if you have been doing the required research, it is the pastors ( obviously not all of them but the majority ) that promise their deceived followers to sow and reap a million fold in money terms, with big houses and all.

We are facing an endemic and plague of immense proportions, with many false teachers and wolves taking captive God's children and using their love of covetousness and greed to lure the congregation into falsehoods.

You mentioned and rightly so that the pastors are spending the money to build and grow THEIR ministries and THEIR OWN empires and not that of Christ.

"All the others care only for themselves and not for what matters to Jesus Christ." - Philippians 2:21

Money contributions in the early church were ALWAYS for meeting the need of the saints, the poor , widows and orphans NOT for building empires of which the majority propagate false doctrine on a weekly basis.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by dorox(m): 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2011
Giving for the sake of giving is just a waste of money. What makes you rich is investment, i don't see how lining a pastors pocket with more money or giving a hungry person food will make me better off financially except for the joy one derives in doing a good deed as in the case of the hungry person. Bouncing money from one person to another doesn't create wealth it is when you put money to work that is when you create wealth
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by OmoTier1(m): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2011
NLMediator:

I'm sorry, you're the one demonstrating ignorance. The path to riches as contained in the Bible has nothing to do with endless giving to pastors and church projects. Why didn't God tell Isaac to give in time of famine? Instead He told him to work hard and invest properly. And He blessed it. That's exactly what pastors do. They do not waste their resources giving to build others always at their own expense. No, they focus on investing in their ministries and growing them. While many in the pews keep on deceiving themselves that they'll get rich by "sowing more seed", ignorantly believing the pastor is doing the same especially when he regals them with testimonies of giving out cars or being the biggest giver in the church. Baloney.
That was where the trap was set and you fell for it! God wasn't asking Isaac to till the ground because He wanted Him to learn how to work hard!-in your wisdom, you forgot that Isaac was a trained farmer and a rearer-!

All God wanted to see was Isaac's trust in His word! And same goes with you lots that cry over money money being given to churches. Most of you that cry out louder are inwardly money conscious but openly wanting to denounce it!

Let me tell you this; there yet more people who sacrifice than they who offer offerings and if you do not know, God accepts offerings But He savours sacrifices! so step up and leave mere issues of offerings behind,we have move on from that,as there is a bigger and greater part -THE SACRIFICE- Hope you will grasp this! Try study the story of cain and Abel again to get more insight.

Again as God is concerned, so am I and I ask, how will chasing Pastors whose members give offerings and tithe bring the souls to God? My gent - Preach the Gospel as Peter and John did!
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 12, 2011
The truth is that man is predisposed to gullibity. People believe things not because of they are true but because they desire it to be true due to their indolence and love of ease.
Making money or being wealthy materially is solely a worldly affair. They are a number of principles that one needs to apply but this cannot include the indolence of many a churchgoer who idles his time in empty phrases of so called men of God, who in the real sense are unrealistic motivational speakers. Key into your creativity, develop time management skill, etc. And also to fufil nature's law, give when it is needed and take when it is appropriate. Follow these principles and others as well, whether you are a christian, muslim or even atheist, you will get wealthy. Avoid sentimentality and embrace rationality

1 Like

Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by nlMediator: 1:52am On Jun 12, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

That was where the trap was set and you fell for it! God wasn't asking Isaac to till the ground because He wanted Him to learn how to work hard!-in your wisdom, you forgot that Isaac was a trained farmer and a rearer-!

All God wanted to see was Isaac's trust in His word! And same goes with you lots that cry over money money being given to churches. Most of you that cry out louder are inwardly money conscious but openly wanting to denounce it!

Let me tell you this; there yet more people who sacrifice than they who offer offerings and if you do not know, God accepts offerings But He savours sacrifices! so step up and leave mere issues of offerings behind,we have move on from that,as there is a bigger and greater part -THE SACRIFICE- Hope you will grasp this! Try study the story of cain and Abel again to get more insight.

Again as God is concerned, so am I and I ask, how will chasing Pastors whose members give offerings and tithe bring the souls to God? My gent - Preach the Gospel as Peter and John did!

Well, that was a childish, ineffective trap. It soundly failed.

I'm glad you said Isaac was a farmer. He had skills. And God told him to use those skills, when natural ciircumstances stood to the contrary. That's the nature of our God. What do people like you preach? When situations are tough, instead of developing skills, or using the one you have and depending on God to supernaturally intervene, you tell people to give and give some more. Again, why didn't God tell Isaac to give?

I'm glad you give sacrificially. Anything we contribute to expanding God's Kingdom is commendable. But if you're suggesting that your so-called sacrificial giving, which may be just your way of buying what your pastor is selling or trying to please him, is helping you prosper financially, then it's obvious that you're either foolish or lying. I know a guy that speaks exactly like you about sacrificial giving. In the past 2 years, I've seen him publicly give about 1 million Naira. If I add first fruits and tithes, we're talking of several millions more.I'm not counting the ones he didn't announce, (that is outside of pastor's book launch, special projects, etc. ) Yet, this guy wears the exact 3 suits to church all this while. He could use about half of that 1 million Naira to get 3 good suits or 6 decent suits that are even better than the ones he's wearing. I'm sure one day, he'll come with a testimony about how he got a 100,000 Naira gift or a new suit, not realizing he could have given those things to himself and still given to the work of the gospel.

Oh, btw, I'm not chasing any pastors. I have a number of good friends who are pastors. And I respect them tremendously, having known them from the time they were nothing. The problem is not primarily with the pastors. It is with the congregation. A situation a pastor has 150 pairs of quality shoes, 100 suits, tons of shirts and ties, virtually all given to him and people are still falling over themselves to give him some more, while neglecting their poor brethren and relatives is not exactly the pastor's fault.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by thehomer: 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2011
@OP

Knowledge tends to do that to people. It tends to make them leave superstition.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by frank317: 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2011
@poster,
no be only you. Me tire for these things and at a point i find myself asking, "are we reallly chasing God the right way? I have not been able to diffrenciate btw the life of a christian and a non-christian. they both die (despit special prayin by christians) we hear of bornagains losing their life in moto accident or poison or sickness just like the non belivers and yet when it happens to christians they say is the will of God. what really is the will of God.

weather u are a christian or not, if u work hard you will succeed, if u dont you will not. i go to church and i hear people give testiminies of how they have gotten favour fromm people around them as a result of their affiliation sith the work of God, but every day, i see non believers recieve favours, infact aboundant favours from people around them, who do we ascribe such luck to, the devil?

how reall does giving put mony in your pocket. we see wick and estreamly mean, tightfisted people around us who are rich. shouldnt giving be done for the sake of giving? should it give u a feeling of satisfaction? how can u b satisfied with giving when u give to expect.

i just think people want to ake themselves happy. they hold onto faith and whn it does not work they say Gods time is the best, please when is God's time. how can u say it is the best when u have no idea whn the time is. ok, when a non-christian makes it after several trial, whose time was it? was it Gods time?

i just find out that all rules in the bible is applicable to everybody, both belivers and non believers. no body really know what lies in the world beyond. but if the bible say true belivers wont fall sick or wont die and i really see that they dont fall sick or die, i would have had something to hold unto. or have we really forgotten the real concept of christianity? are we followingGod the right way?

i have not been very active in church activities lately, but i can tell u that my health have been sound for five years. who is doing it for me? am i healthy because of my body type? good hygyine, good feeding habit? or because of Gods love? if its Gods love do i deserve it? i have seen people who i think deserve good health better than me suffer in bad health.

i am just confused, i need answers.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by PastorAIO: 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2011
frank3.16:

weather u are a christian or not, if u work hard you will succeed, if u dont you will not. i go to church and i hear people give testiminies of how they have gotten favour fromm people around them as a result of their affiliation sith the work of God, but every day, i see non believers recieve favours, infact aboundant favours from people around them, who do we ascribe such luck to, the devil?

how reall does giving put mony in your pocket. we see wick and estreamly mean, tightfisted people around us who are rich. shouldnt giving be done for the sake of giving? should it give u a feeling of satisfaction? how can u b satisfied with giving when u give to expect.

i just find out that all rules in the bible is applicable to everybody, both belivers and non believers. no body really know what lies in the world beyond. but if the bible say true belivers wont fall sick or wont die and i really see that they dont fall sick or die, i would have had something to hold unto. or have we really forgotten the real concept of christianity? are we followingGod the right way?

Matthew 5:43-45
You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbour and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies. Pray for those who persecute you. In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good. And he sends rain on the JUST and the UNJUST alike.

Nowhere is there any evidence that God discriminates in favour of christians. Yoruba say: A a ki fi Ori we Ori. Meaning we do not compare destinies. Or literally, we do not compare heads. God's concern is that you fulfil your potential whether that is to be an inventor, a footballer, a doctor, a millionaire industrialist, a singer . . . whatever.
I believe that a true christian will find that he cannot be mediocre in his true calling.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by marabout(m): 9:17pm On Jun 12, 2011
Poster,

That's why i don't go to all these mushroom churches. I go to old school Oyinbo church.
There no body tells me the FALSE story of tithes. Tithe is a way of filling their pockets. About 3 years ago, one Nigerian pastor exposed the falsehood of tithes on Nigeriaworld. I think his name is Pator Awodele.

Naija is the only place full of intelligent people but deliberately decide to follow superstition.

Christianity is a wonderful religion. But it has been hijacked by greedy people.
Maybe you are just waking up and smelling the coffee. I hope there will be a new awakening and people rising from their slumber and realise how they are being misled, held hostage and milked.

1 Like

Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by Wizardofoz: 9:20pm On Jun 12, 2011
WTF is "circular?"

Secular?
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by PastorAIO: 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2011
Wizardofoz:

WTF is "circular?"

Secular?

Circular is nigerian english for secular. If you want to say circular as in round it is pronounced SahKuLAH.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by Wizardofoz: 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Circular is nigerian english for secular.  If you want to say circular as in round it is pronounced[b] SahKuLAH[/b].

.    .    .    not S[b]h[/b]ahkulah?
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by Enigma(m): 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by Xtfield(m): 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2011
@ Poster
I will advise that you do not despair because of what you have seen in your present church. I experienced the same thing about 22 years ago. Then I stopped going to church because I saw my church then was not helping me achieve my goal of attending the church which was to know God more, obey him and get ready for his second coming as stated in the Bible. Then God spoke to me and led me to my present church. Before then, I never knew the name nor its location. But that fateful morning of Sunday July 15, 1990, I set out to look for a colleague at work whose lifestyle had challenged me on several occasions. When I saw her, I asked, "Where is your church?" She gave me directions and my wife and I were the first in the church that day. The sermon of that day convinced me I had come to the right place and since I have never looked back. And His grace has been sufficient for me.

The name of my church? No I won't tell you. Rather, I will adfvise that you sit down and think and know why you really go church. Below are some suggestions:

a. To have a swell time - be entertained
b. To meet friends
c. To while away time
d. To fulfill all righteousness
e. To have victory over your enemies
f. For prosperity and promotion
g. To know more about God and how to do his will so you cn make heaven at the end of your life
etc

Now the answer you come with will determine which church you settle for.
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by AkanA1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
Joshua 1:8 - Do not let this book of the law depart from ur mouth. But meditate on it day and night that ye might be careful 2 keep every word written there in. Then ye shall be prosperous and have good success.

Anybody can have money, anybody can be rich. The rain falls on both the good and evil, the sun shines on both the wicked and the righteous. What ever a man sows that shall he reap. There is ill gotten wealth and there is also the God kind of prosperity. It's so unfortunate that peeps, churches, pastors, anti-Christ, etc. have made this thing look like it is all about the money in 1's bank account or 1's annual income. The God kind of prosperity is good success and all round prosperity that adds no sorrow 2 it. The unfortunate thing is that some pastors have now joined the world in making this thing look as if the sole purpose of church is 2 make people rich.

The scriptures cannot b broken, whatsoever a man sows that shall he also reap. So if u sow money 2 a church, poor man, juju priest, friend or neighbour, u will reap what u have sowed. The only thing here is that some ground r more fertile than others, which is true. Ppl these days so with fear so they prefer 2 sow in church where they r sure 2 a certain extent that their seed will not enter voice mail.

4 me, I think every man shud give 2 God what is God's 1st and foremost. Every other giving whether 2 church or beggars shud b our of his/her own benevolence,
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by jpworld(m): 10:23pm On Jun 12, 2011
When it comes to religion, just follow the money,
Re: The More I Know, The More I Feel Like Not Attending Church Again (pentecostal) by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:29pm On Jun 12, 2011
@ Poster,

The time you spend in Church is rather minuscule compared to the time you spend
at least physically out of Church.

If you have a genuine relationship with the real Founder of the Church on Earth
(Yeah, all other ''Founders" are counterfeits!), what really matters is how you
live for Him.

Leave the deceivers to their antics, just don't be deceived.

No Church has the ability to get you into heaven after all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Hasn't God made an amputated limb grow back? / Ifa Staff Of Magickal Powers ~ Itan Of How Orunmila Obtain Secrets From Iyami / Why More Christians Are Becoming Atheists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.