Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) (19520 Views)

Pregnant Woman Delivers At Lagos BusStop (pic) / Dad Found Daughter Alive 11 Months After She Disappeared With Boyfriend / Meet Woman Who Had 7 Babies In 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by Baro(m): 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2011
DNA solves this . .
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo

I tire for this people o !
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by tpia5: 1:09pm On Jun 11, 2011
Lots of scary things about this story:

the woman says she's a pastor and owns a chruch. Smh.

She doesnt seem to understand or is it care, that she's committing a crime

the idiotic reporter- nuff said. Read the first sentence of the quoted article.

What exactly are these kids being used for. What is the purpose of breeding babies in this manner

the parents of these children do not understand the future

isnt the almajiri problem in the north partly a result of people having kids they're unable to care for, and who they then abandon

has nigeria's fertility rate declined drastically hence the demand for baby farms, or are these babies intended for other uses

if the fertlity rate in nigeria is at alarmingly low levels, then is any research being done as to the causes
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by oladayo042: 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
luluosas:

This is an old news. I created a thread for this same story on the Religion Section almost two weeks now and Seun could not put it on the Front Page. There seems to be SELECTIVE preference by Seun on what topic and from who that will make Home page. I have been watching Seun on this line for sometime now. Any way, since he owns NL, the rights to reserve any topic posted or created by the bloggers is always his. I am not surprised after all.
Check https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=678184.msg8415477#msg8415477. The story is even more informative on the thread I created on Sunday, May 29, 2011.
Does Seun gets money from what he put on the homepage? You better use your time to watch something else. By your own reasoning, should the thread be in the Religious or Family section? May I ask what is religious in the news? I will suggest that you take the NL tutorial by clicking "Help" on the homepage.
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by bencobenz(m): 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2011
Its a matter of time, the truth will come out one day. . .

1 Like

Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 11, 2011
i'll only believe she's the mother of the babies if it's confirmed she has @ least 3 uteruses (uteri?)
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by deadie(m): 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo ibo

It is Igbo, not ibo.
U tire for this people? Get a rope. See how one story, a useless one, has lead to your i.diotic comment. It is high time people take IQ tests before they can post on this forum.
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by Rhea(f): 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Adaka
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by drharry: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, the wonders of medicine!!!!, i smell many rats in this story,
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by mallorca(m): 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2011
very strange story
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by ugotuf(m): 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2011
who are they trying to deceive.the concerned forces should wade in immediately.
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by Angelaoke: 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
black lie
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by Mojibola(m): 10:42pm On Jun 11, 2011
I think Mr. Donatus has a disease called HIGH SPERM COUNT! grin grin grin
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by Natasha2(f): 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2011
Baro:

DNA solves this . .
lolz you just said my mind I will need [size=20pt]DNA[/size] result as prove anyways strange things happen but [size=17pt]na wah for their names oh[/size] If it were me once I grow up I will change my name lol
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by dapofrank(m): 1:47am On Jun 12, 2011
How is that possible?? Well, if it actually happened then I sorry for the husband of the woman because he better be a millionaire if not he has been ushered into suffering!
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by N101: 1:03pm On Jun 12, 2011
This story could only happen in Nigeria or elsewhere on the continent. Last time a story like this came out, so-called "man of God" Gilbert Deya went on the run from the authorities when the truth came out.

Someone claims to have 8 children in 11 months with no independent medical confirmation and we take it seriously.
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by Iranoladun(f): 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2011
I don't think this possible medically considering the gestation period of human-9 months. The woman should be examine medically to confirm if truly she gave birth and DNA test carry out on the 7 children!
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by Kennyblues(m): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2011
This woman actually 'PUSHED' eight (cool times in a year or were those kids delivered through CS. I need to know.
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by luluosas(m): 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2011
There is already a twist on the claims of this wonder woman. See The Sun investigations below. This is how Journalist are suppose to work. Thank you Sun Newspaper, for diving deep to unearth this story. More revelations will follow soon.

MIRACLE OR FRAUD?
Woman claims she delivered 7 children in 1 year, says more coming
•It’s a mirage –Husband
•It’s a lie –Hospital
By HENRY UMAHI and SUNDAY ANI
Friday, June 17, 2011
Late Mrs Mercy Njoku and her daughter at the hospital before she died
PHOTO: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Can you believe this? A 37- year old woman says she was delivered of seven children in 12 calendar months. The babies, according to her, were born at one- month interval between May 6, 2010 and April 2, 2011.

If it is true, it is a development beyond the ken of men and at variance with natural processes. And it defies medical explanation. Indeed, it falls into the category of what could be referred to as a miracle.

Naturally, it is appointed unto a woman to carry a pregnancy for a term of nine months or 36 weeks before putting to bed. It could either be a single or multiple births, whereby more than one baby come one after the other within minutes. But in the case of Mrs Precious Ogbonna aka Dr Mummy P, the natural sequence was not followed.

Explaining that she became a baby factory after 12 years of childlessness, she said that she was delivered of her first baby, a girl, in 2009 but it died five days later. Then from May 6, 2010 children began to rush out of her womb within intervals of one month. The last one came on April 2 this year. She added that more children are on the way.

A native of Amaigbo in Nwangele Local Government Area (LGA) of Imo State and General Overseer of the Holy Ghost Power Salvation Ministries aka Mercy Centre in Owerri, she got wedded to Mr Donatus Ogbonna of Ngugo in Ikeduru LGA of Imo State on December 19, 1998. For 12 years, she could not conceive but when she did, the most unexpected happened: Babies began to rush out of her womb every other month.

Leaflets announcing that a “great thanksgiving/dedication of her seven wonders of the world” would hold on April 24 (Easter Sunday) at her Church opposite NNPC Mega station along Onitsha / Owerri Road were distributed all about town in large numbers. However, Mummy Pís claims have become enmeshed in controversy. To start with, her husband, Mr Donatus Ogbonna, insists that the man who presented himself to newspaper reporters recently in Lagos as her husband is an impostor.

A Short Message Service (SMS) he sent to our reporter on June 12 reads (unedited): “Pls I hereby debunk my wife’s Sat Vanguard (June11) publication nd de man who impersonated me. I’ve not lived neither been or visited Lagos since 10 yrs ago. Donatus Ogbonna husband.” The hospital where Mummy P claimed to have delivered some of the babies also reacted.

The beginning
According to her, it all started when, a couple of years into her marriage, she could not become pregnant. She said she went through such hard times that she wouldn’t wish her worst enemy as people cajoled and mocked her because she could not bear children. But God assured her that at the right time she would become fruitful.

In an encounter with Daily Sun in Lagos, she said: “It is a great testimony and a surprise package that God gave to me. I stayed a long time before this pregnancy that produced these children. It is just one pregnancy that produced these seven children. I got married in 1998 and after 12 years of looking for the fruit of the womb, seven children from one pregnancy are the result.”

Like any other woman, after nine months of pregnancy, it is delivery time. She went through all the conditions but lost the baby after five days of delivery.

Story begins to twist
Shortly after the death of her babe, the tale began to twist. Her hear: “When I gave birth to the first baby, who was a girl, she died after five days. The baby’s death was so painful because for 12 years I had been praying for a baby only for the baby to die five days after birth. The joy, which the baby’s birth had brought to the family, vanished with her death.

So, I felt so bad and I cried heavily but I didn’t know that I was still pregnant because I was taking local medicine and other hot things that would melt and flush whatever bad blood in my system. It was when the women of my church who even tied wrapper round my stomach to avoid protrusion were praying with me that God ministered to me to remove the wrapper and to stop taking all those local medicine and hot things but I didn’t know the reason.”
She said that after the message she got from God during the prayer session, she felt a movement inside her womb. When she rushed to the hospital, doctors conducted a scan on her and told her that what they saw was a baby sack and fibroid. The scan, according to her, was done at St Elizabeth Hospital, located opposite Mammy market, after the Government House, Owerri.

According to the woman, rather than being devastated by the result of the scan, she calmly went home and prayed. After one month, the movement became serious and when she went to the hospital again and was delivered of a baby girl on May 5, 2010. And as soon as she went home from the hospital, she felt a similar movement in her womb and in another one month, precisely on June 3, she gave birth to another baby girl.

The twist continues
Narrating the sequence of the births, she said: “After the scan, I was told by the doctor that there was a baby sack and fibroid in my womb. Then on May 6, 2010, I was delivered of another baby, who I named Pretty Angel Conqueror. When I came back, I was still experiencing the same feeling and I knelt down to pray and God told me that more babies were still inside my womb.

On June 3, I had another baby girl but this time I didn’t go for any scan again. Somebody called me and mockingly asked if it was only girls that I have in my womb. But to me, I didn’t feel bad because for the past 12 years I have been looking for a child and now they are coming, who am I to start questioning why they are girls and not boys. But to show that God is God, on August 16, I had a baby boy and on September 19, another baby girl came. On October 19, another baby girl was born. On January 13, 2011, a baby boy, Excellent, came. Flourish came and on April 2, 2011, the last one, Ebenezer Bountiful was born. So, that was what happened.”

Madam Precious told our correspondent that when a couple of years had passed after she got married without any sign of pregnancy, she earnestly asked God to bless her with triplet whenever it was time for her to conceive.
“When I was about five years into marriage and there was no pregnancy, I started asking God for a triplet but like the Bible says, ‘When you ask for once, you are given seven times,’ that’s what happened to me,” she said.

Knowing that her claims could be doubted, she volunteered: “If I had undergone any operation, all of them might not have survived but God just spaced it in this way so that they came out one after another in order to be able to survive. I believe that God did it this way because he doesn’t want me to undergo surgical operation; each of them was delivered along with a separate placenta. People were even asking if I took any drug, I said no but that God assured me that at the appointed time, He would bless me.”

When she was asked if all the babies were delivered in one hospital, she said she gave birth to them in three separate hospitals but only gave out the address of one of the hospitals, preferring to keep the others to her chest for security reasons. Another surprising thing about the whole occurrence is that none of the children is being breastfed. She said the reason is that after each delivery, she would be told by the Holy Spirit that were still more babies in her womb. So, not feeding them with bosom milk was for safety of the unborn ones.

She said she is spending so much on their feeding since she does not breastfeed them. According to her, they are being fed on SMA gold baby food, which costs N26, 000 per carton and they consume an average of 10 cartons per month. She is, therefore, asking kind hearted individuals and corporate Nigerians to come to her assistance to feed the children.

More babies coming
Dr Mummy P maintains that more babies are still being expected going by the signs she is receiving in her womb and the message she got from God.

Ready for DNA test
And to prove to all doubting Thomases that hers is actually a miracle from God, she said that she is willing to subject herself to a DNA test in any hospital that people might want her to go to know the real parentage of the babies.
According to her, between 1998 and when she conceived, she had only gone to hospital once for fertility test but was given a clean bill of health. Though her husband did not go for any test, she said she kept faith because of a message that was given to her in the past.

“I can say it is the will of God because there was a time somebody told me that unless I work for God, I would not conceive. I was wondering because then I was a prayer warrior, going for hospital ministration and praying for people. But at a time, a group of eight evangelists called Unity for Africa from London and America came to Nigeria and while they were praying for people, one of them called me and asked if I had a ministry, I answered no. All of them prayed for me.

They were the same people that later came back and ordained me a pastor. From then, I would pray for barren women and they would conceive, I would pray for sick people and they would get well. So, even though my husband did not go for test, I never envisaged that the problem could be from him since I remembered the message that was given to me some time in the past,” she narrated.

Doctors confused
Commenting on doctor’s view regarding what happened to her, she said: “My dear, it’s very hard and that is why I did not give birth to all of them in one hospital. One of them even turned me back when I went back the following month for another delivery. He said I should not put them into trouble as the thing is confusing. They couldn’t believe what they saw. Till today, they still can’t explain how it happened.”

Asked why she came all the way from Owerri to Lagos with the seven children, she said: “My friend, who heard about what happened and came down from Lagos to Owerri to see the children became pregnant after her trip. When she conceived, she invited me because, according to her, there are a lot of women in Lagos who are waiting on God for the fruit of the womb and that I should come and pray for them.”

It’s true - Mummy P’s father
When Daily Sun visited her Church in Owerri, her father, Pa Anthony Achonye said that he is aware that his daughter had multiple births within months. Asked if there was any sign that his daughter would be ‘special’, the 75- year old man said: “There was nothing different between her and other children while growing. She grew up like other children and went to school with her mates. She got married and wedded with her husband 12 years ago.

“It took her 12 years to have her first child, a girl. Unfortunately, she died few days after birth. All of us, including her siblings and husband went to bury the corpse. Her husband showed the place the dead child was buried. Thereafter, she started having other children”. Perhaps, to show that all is not well within the household, the retired mason added: “As a matter of fact, she has been telling her husband to go with her to do a test concerning the paternity of the children but I don’t know what he is saying. He is not here right now; I cannot lie against him.”

Pa Achonye also volunteered that his daughter prays for people and some of them get solutions to their problems. Explaining that his daughter opened the church before the floodgate of babies opened, he directed Daily Sun to his son in-law, Mr Donatus Ogbonna, for further clarification. When our correspondent met Ogbonna in his furniture workshop on Tetlow Road, Owerri, he said that his unusual births “is a mirage”. Clad in a jeans trouser and T-shirt, the 48- year old man said that his wife’s journey into ministry has done his “family more harm than good.”|
The following dialogue ensued between Daily Sun and Ogbonna:

Please introduce yourself
I am Donatus Ogbonna, a native of Ngugo in Ikeduru LGA of Imo State. I am a furniture maker and part time student of Imo State University. I am studying History and International Studies. I am a final year student. I am close to 48 years of age. I am also an anti-corruption officer with one star under the National Anti-Corruption Volunteer Corps, a voluntary arm of the ICPC.

Is it true that your wife, Mrs Precious Ogbonna, delivered 7 children in 11 months? Tell us the whole story
We got married 12 years ago, in 1998 to be precise. Since that time we’ve not had any child. About a year ago, there was a time she told me that she was pregnant. After a period, one day, she called me and said that she had put to bed. But within the period, I tried as much as I could to take her to hospital it wasn’t possible.

How?
She said that she attends a kind of private clinic. So, it wasn’t possible for me. But, in conclusion, to me, the pregnancy and the subsequent births is a kind of mirage in the sense that I’ve not been properly fed with the information surrounding whatever transpired.

Didn’t you notice signs of pregnancy?
I am not a woman. She told me that she was pregnant and from time to time, she was collecting money from me for antenatal services. But like I said earlier, by the time I was trying to know exactly the hospital but it wasn’t possible for her to let me know.

In other words, she refused to tell you?
Exactly, she refused to tell me.

Does that mean that you do not stay in the same house with her?
By then, we were staying together.

So, you no longer stay with her?
Well, we stay together partially because a lot of questions came up and things like that. Personally, I wasn’t all that interested in having a kind of quarrel or whatever.

Do we now say that your wife was in the hospital putting to bed every other month as it were and you did not know?
This question you asked me is a good one. I wasn’t told, how can I know?

Have you seen the children?
Yes, I have seen them. There was a day I went there to collect my books and I saw them. I think I‘ve seen them on four or five occasions.

You went where?
To the house

Do they look like you?
They are still too small. I can’t fathom that now.

Are you aware that your wife has been going everywhere telling people that she gave birth to seven children in 11 months?
Of course, the story is all over. It is on the airwave, it is in the Internet, everywhere. But then I decided not to bother myself so much because I have decided to allow the sleeping dog lie.

How do you think people are reacting to this development?
There are bound to be reactions, both positively and negatively but all I know is that in the course of time, we will know or ascertain the true position of the issue.

Did you ever attend her Church?
I used to be a member of the Church.

But you do not worship there any more?
There is a kind of difference between my own belief and what she believes or the path she toes.

Such as?
I don’t believe in a situation where man is deified and God humanized.

Please break it down
In this present dispensation, people attach so much importance to soothsaying and spiritism. That is to say, we are in a situation where people are no longer interested in worshiping God in spirit and in truth. Rather, they want to go to a place where they will be told what will happen tomorrow. Though I believe in miracle but you should not take me off the track of what the Bible preaches about worshiping God in truth and in spirit.

Can you give us an insight into her journey into ministry?
It is a long story. It will take a long time.

Ok, abridge it
When I married her, she was not a pastor. But all of a sudden, I discovered she said that she has a ministry or gift of prophecy. The practice has done us more harm than good in uniting the family.

You said that her journey into ministry has done your family more harm than good, what do you mean?
Earlier on, I made mention of people going after or trying to know what happens tomorrow. A man of God said that ‘some Christians are heavenly useful to the extent that they are earthly useless.’ She pursued extensively the things of her ministry, which led to the neglect and collapse of the ministry. That is what I mean that it has done more harm than good to the family.

Before she became a pastor, what was her occupation?
She was in business. She was selling cosmetic products at Ekeonunwa market in Owerri. But when she felt that her spiritual calling might not tally with her business, she opted out and faced the ministry work.

Is your wife a fake pastor?
I would not say that she is a fake pastor because for some people she is a true pastor but for others, she is not. But on a personal note, the practice is doing more harm than good to me and us as a family. For instance, during the thanksgiving/dedication service of the children, which held last Easter Sunday, I was not involved in any way. I was not co-opted in the planning and execution. My name was not even on the invitation card.

* When our correspondent visited St Elizabeth Hospital, Owerri, a nurse who did not disclose her name, said that it was not possible for a woman to give birth to seven children in 11 months.

Source: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/june/17/national-17-06-2011-005.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by luluosas(m): 8:16pm On Jun 17, 2011
@oladayo042 Does Seun gets money from what he put on the homepage? You better use your time to watch something else. By your own reasoning, should the thread be in the Religious or Family section? May I ask what is religious in the news? I will suggest that you take the NL tutorial by clicking "Help" on the homepage.

Yes, Seun gets money on any thread on his Naira Land home page. Remember, any time a click is made on any subject there, Seun earns money. I may be wrong, this is purely my opinion. Seun has all the privilege to transfer any thread to their appropriate section if posted in a wrong section, but, his failure to do just that paints him as a biased person. Like I said, he is the owner of NL and he can do whatever he likes to anybody without any apology. This will not make me to stop using his forum, never.

Again, I decided to post it under the Religion Section because, the woman claims to be a Pastor.
The Owerri-born woman, who is the Pastor of Holy Ghost Power Salvation Ministries, said the children, four girls and three boys, were born on May 6, June 3, August 16, September 19 and October 19, 2010.
I am sure you now know why I created the thread on Religion Section. Visit: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=678184.msg8415477#msg8415477 for the Original post of this matter.
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by kemmyangel(f): 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2012
it mite be hard to believe but there is nothing imporsible for God to the, he created earth within 6days, so he can give a child 20babies at once.............
Re: Strange! : Woman Delivers Seven Babies In 11 Months (pictures) by luluosas(m): 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2020
This is a real Wonderment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Accuses Pastor Of Marrying His Wife, Demands 6 Million Naira Bride Price / My Baby Has Refused To Eat.please Help / Sexual Depravity In Nigeria: Talking To Your Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.