Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

(Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break (11982 Views)

We Went To The Club But Landed In The Forest / Am Gettin Married 2 A Nairalander. / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

(Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by NYgirl: 6:12am On Jun 11, 2011
Ex-Boyfriend Getting Married 1 Week After We Went On A Break

I am a young lady (born and bred in Naija) living in New York and my boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend lives in US with me too.  We dated for almost 2 yrs.  Just 2weeks ago,we decided to take a break cos we were having a rough time and thought a break would help us reconnect. He told me he loved me and all that. He told me he would be going to Nigeria for his summer vacation, this was quite sudden but I was like ok, gave him some items to give to my parents and gave him a list of things to get for me on his way back. He got there and for a week after he got there I didn't hear from him which was quite strange.

This Tuesday, a mutual friend called me and told me that she got a message from home,told me i had to be strong and that was when she told me that my boyfriend's traditional wedding is this Saturday and the girl he is wedding is her husband's cousin.Her husband was the one who introduced my boyfriend and i together and right up till now that i am posting this,my boyfriend hasn't called this mutual friend to tell him how he all of a sudden he is getting married to his cousin and without finishing things off with me first.  To say I'm very devastated is an understatement cos we had made plans,we had our lives planned out but obviously he had been cheating on me wt the girl long b4 he traveled to see her.

Another twist to the story is that the girl had a boyfriend whom she dumped for my boyfriend because my boyfriend is a better prospect being that he now lives in the US and has a very well paying job.  She didn't want him when he had nothing and was still struggling while i was the one who supported him, encouraged him when he was down, prayed with him and for him and loved him unconditionally.right now i feel betrayed and hurt and angry and lost .The wedding is today in Nigeria and its been over a week he has been in Nigeria and i haven't heard a word from

Just 3 weeks ago, we were planning our lives together and now he is getting married to someone else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by MsPotato(f): 6:42am On Jun 11, 2011
Your ex bf is a baboon!

2 Likes

Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 11, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Wow this sounds like some Hollywood movies. Men men men smh. I'm speechless on this one, take it easy I just take it like you aren't made to be together.
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by hollandis(f): 6:45am On Jun 11, 2011
I don't geddit,what do you want from him?
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by Sparkle777(f): 6:50am On Jun 11, 2011
Its quite a pity, but you should ve known that most of these Yankee guys on getting to Naija are chased by beautiful babes here. Am sure he just met the babe. Mark my words he will regret this sil ly actions as the babe will soon find her independence as soon as they get back to the US. As for your disappointment, God will turn it around for you. You ll see. Just take heart and believe that it wasnt meant to be. Still live your live well cos am sure you re a wonderful person who deserves the best in life.
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by Nobody: 6:54am On Jun 11, 2011
And Op is an old member with a new id. We understand
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by NYgirl: 7:05am On Jun 11, 2011
REALITY101:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Wow this sounds like some Hollywood movies. Men men men smh. I'm speechless on this one, take it easy I just take it like you aren't made to be together.
im trying,but its so hard to believe.The pain is unbelievable but my God is not asleep
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by Nobody: 7:16am On Jun 11, 2011
NYgirl:

im trying,but its so hard to believe.The pain is unbelievable but my God is not asleep

I know ouch poor girl. It will take sometime but trust me your gonna get over it. I know couple of Nigerian girl in Tx that experience the same humiliation. One of the girls sued the jerk for emotional pain and suffering luckily for her the judge was a woman and you know what that means. I wish there is anyway I can help sad . . putting a single bullet in that dudes axss on his wedding day won't be a bad idea u know
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by NYgirl: 7:22am On Jun 11, 2011
Sparkle777:

Its quite a pity, but you should ve known that most of these Yankee guys on getting to Naija are chased by beautiful babes here. Am sure he just met the babe. Mark my words he will regret this sil ly actions as the babe will soon find her independence as soon as they get back to the US. As for your disappointment, God will turn it around for you. You ll see. Just take heart and believe that it wasnt meant to be. Still live your live well cos am sure you re a wonderful person who deserves the best in life.
I dont understand friends who tell me dt all i can do at this point is to wish them well.how do i do that in all honesty when the pain is still so raw and so fresh?Thank you for ur kind words cos its only God that has been my support these past few days.i know as the bible says,"This too shall pass".I'm just taking it one day at a time
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by aameyah(f): 7:27am On Jun 11, 2011
NYgirl
so sorry for ur pain. . .He will get what he has coming to him. Though I know some peeps here will ask for his side of the story, but there's no escuse to treat a human so callously.
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 11, 2011
No problem. Do u care for few minute chat? no strings attached. Send me a short e-mail via the mail id on my profile
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by aameyah(f): 7:34am On Jun 11, 2011
^^Tis gud you're
offering a shoulder to cry on.
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by aameyah(f): 7:34am On Jun 11, 2011
When you're hurting its almost impossible to be civilized, but hold your peace and your own will come. Heartbreaks suck, but sometyms, its inevitable. Better this way than after 4 kids. Atleast he's out, making way for a better person to come in.
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 11, 2011
who ordered a break ?The story is not complete but i wish you well.
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by MMM2(m): 9:05am On Jun 11, 2011
op
just take heart,

but if u dont want d wedding to take place i can link u to some bad guyz to scatter d wedding. angry
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 11, 2011
M M M:

op
just take heart,

but if u dont want d wedding to take place i can link u to some bad guyz to scatter d wedding. angry

Who are you ?Who are they?you are just kidding or just blabbing.
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by BABE3: 9:28am On Jun 11, 2011
switching from Behind girl mode to Omo ghetto mode***  angry

YEEEE!!!!! STOP SHEBE!!! weting be this?! haba! this one correct nollywood script o!! This kind tin o possible l'adugbo mi sha~~ Iyen certain!

But girl, you fumble sha! Why you no come report to us like three days before the wedding? I for give you better advice on how to deal with those evil spirits! Now it's too late. But, nothing do you sha, no worry!

**swithing back to Behind girl mode***

*** Girl, I'm so sorry. Pele. I always say this "Never make important decisions when you're angry"! Never do it. I don't know how you're gonna go about it--but i really advice you to calm down dear. Really really do calm down.

When you can finally thing clearly, ~~are you a christian? If you are--Nice! Start praying! Don't pray against them o! Pray for them! God knows exactly what to do. The power of prayers and Karma will do more than 100 thugs on the wedding day! (ask Heavy G). I'll be praying too.
Take heart boo! smiley Whatever happens you'll be fine.
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by 190: 9:48am On Jun 11, 2011
shocked shocked angry angry

Babe take that thing off rite now!! angry angry
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by BABE3: 9:54am On Jun 11, 2011
^^ haha--Wetin?! No, I refuse-- tongue
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by sugarpp: 9:58am On Jun 11, 2011
you said you guys dated for almost 2 years, did you introduce him to your family? if so then ask your parents (or any of your family members that he knows and fears) to get dressed in their best attire- they have a wedding to attend grin

I think most nij weddings start around 11am right? and it is usually free for all entry particularly to the church service. So just let your parents go to the church and make sure they are in the full view of the groom and he sees them. They don't need to embarass themselves by saying anything. Their mere presence is enough to destabilise him and as he will be taking his vows he will know that he is doomed.
After the church ceremony your parents can simply leave. As for you don't even bother asking him questions just pretend you don't know even if he knows you know.

If however no family intro has taken place then it is obvious it wasn't a serious relationship and you need to be wiser next time. Pele

1 Like

Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by polokor60(m): 10:51am On Jun 11, 2011
op,there are two side to every story,u ll get a partner sooner than u expect,betrayal's always wish they could turn back the hands of time.someday he is going to realised that he left a treasure insland to settle in the dissert(sahara).i wish u a great live ahead. smiley
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by 190: 10:53am On Jun 11, 2011
BABE!:

^^ haha--Wetin?! No, I refuse-- tongue

angry angry
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by silentc(m): 12:27pm On Jun 11, 2011
NYgirl, please see the positive in the situation. Be thankful that you are not with a man who can do such. Do you want to spend the rest of your life with a man who can pull of a stunt like that?

Count yourself lucky. Something better is waiting for you. This time, be wiser and go into relationships with both eyes open.
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by mirob(f): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2011
@NYgirl, take it as U see it, it`s life for U, nothing is guaranteed here not even Ur happiness, just wish them happy married life and move on, thou it`s very hard but God in His infinite mercy will give U d heart to take it as one of those things. Sorry my girl.
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by annita19(f): 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2011
Men are just mean, wicked and got no heart. Move on with your life. I know this would be hard but dear have to be strong knowing that the ho-headed jerk is out of your beautiful life, better now than after. I wish you well
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by 190: 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2011
annita19:

[b]Men are just mean, wicked and got no heart. [/b]Move on with your life. I know this would be hard but dear have to be strong knowing that the ho-headed jerk is out of your beautiful life, better now than after. I wish you well

I wont do that to you ** kiss kiss
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by aminalib(f): 2:43pm On Jun 11, 2011
I am sorry to hear girl, BUT please do not take this monkey back when he comes home, I say this because I know a lady that has gone through the same situation, instead of her being the girlfriend and soon to be wife, she is now the mistress, cut your losses and cry and get over it, sorry
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by annita19(f): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2011
@Aminalib you're so right. @OP don't give him a min into your life again HELL yes he will be running back to you again but just for a Bleep but then you can pure rape charges on him
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by izeek(m): 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2011
It would hurt, but i suggest you let go and move on.
Onething i do, is try to see the positives about every situation.
The girl he is marrying might have hurriedly taken what could have been a disaster for you if you had married him.
Moreso, i choose not to believe ur friends hubby dint know abt this all the while.
Aniways, he has his reasons and until he's side of the story is told, i can only advice u based on urs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by Raynemaker(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2011
First of there is always more than one side to story, but even if something else went down, and there is more to the story than you are letting on, it is simply inexcusable for him to do such a thing. I know its a painfull period for you but on the long run you better off without a man like that.

@ the men bashers(I'm not naming names), this not a "man" thing, granted some men can be a**holes but women can be a**holes too, its more of a human thing and how we generally hurt each other, while trying to get ahead in life.
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by heavyg(m): 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2011
I heard that, BABE!
Re: (Ex)Boyfriend Getting Married 2 Weeks After We Went On A Break by heavyg(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2011
I heard that, BABE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

At Gun Point: Your Boyfriend Or You(gf)? / Another 2 Weeks ���� Am Frustrated And I Need Prick ; Busty Ada (photos) / Lesbians Spotted In Super Falcons (how Romantic!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.