Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim (1664 Views)

Jimoh Ibrahim Sacks Newswatch MD, DMD On Live TV / Kogi Speaker Momoh Jimoh-Lawal Impeached / Jimoh Ibrahim Begs Christians Nationwide Not To Work On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by Wizardofoz: 10:54am On Jun 11, 2011
If you now talk of monitoring the real sector, there will be a lot of jobs for Nigerians to do. I have proposed to Chief (Olusegun) Obasanjo and I charged N20 million, but baba shouted at me and he did not want to pay the fee, so, I did not want to give him the key. I said upgrade the Board of Internal Revenue to a full-fledged ministry; call it Ministry of Revenue, direct state governments to also upgrade their inland revenues to full-fledge ministry and the country will be better.
http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/this-is-my-life/3467-its-no-surprise-we-have-leadership-problem-jimoh-ibrahim.html

If that is done, there would be absolute NO NEED for corrupt companies like ABC in Lagos (Tinubu), Infinity concept  (Tinubu)in Osun, Gateway holdongs (OGD) etc in Nigeria.
Re: The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by fyneguy: 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2011
lol full fledged inefficient ministry, as usual?
Re: The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by 2muchlogic(m): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2011
When did Jimoh Ibrahim become a "Barrister"? I though he was an accountant grin grin I have been saying that we need some world class institutions to tackle most of the problems at present.
Re: The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by blacksta(m): 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2011
nonsense = all the ones the government have been running where are they today.
Re: The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by Wizardofoz: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2011
2muchlogic:

When did Jimoh Ibrahim become a "Barrister"? I though he was an accountant  grin grin I have been saying that we need some world class institutions to tackle most of the problems at present.

Good question.

I know he studied Law at Ife, not sure if he actually went to Law School?

And No, he is not an accountant. he studied[b] international Taxation[/b] at Harvard; a certificate course I am thinking. Dont think it was a degree course, just some expensive padi-padi course to shore up his 'heavy weight' cred in 'Corporate Nigeria'

Reminds me of Fola Adeola, who claimed to have advanced his education at Harvard, with his HND from YABATECH grin ( Yeah, he got into 'Harvardi' with his impressive YABATECH degree). Talk about big waste of money. Smart Harvard, they love awoooooof like mad.
Re: The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by 2muchlogic(m): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2011
Wizardofoz:

Good question.

I know he studied Law at Ife, not sure if he actually went to Law School?

And No, he is not an accountant. he studied international Taxation at Harvard; a certificate course I am thinking. Dont think it was a degree course, just some expensive padi-padi course to shore up his 'heavy weight' cred in 'Corporate Nigeria'

Reminds me of Fola Adeola, who claimed to have advanced his education at Harvard, with his HND from YABATECH. Talk about big waste of money. Smart Harvard, they love awoooooof like mad.

Thanks for the info grin grin grin naija people and their dodgy qualifications lol!
Re: The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by 2muchlogic(m): 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
blacksta:

2 x WRONG ≠ RIGHT
Re: The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by Wizardofoz: 3:42pm On Jun 11, 2011
blacksta:

What do you mean? You think having Tinubu steal so much from us is the best thing?

In advanced democracies and well organised states, the Government, not some fly-by, overnight company, collects tax. They dont need a 'Toronto-Chicago-GCI-Motherless-Stateless-Druggy, consultant to their job for them. The Lagos State Government can set up their own ABC and then run it for far less, leaving more money for state projects.

What the phock is ABC doing to deserve N2 Billion plus from Lagos State government, EVERY MONTH.

One person, deducting N 2 Billion from the IGR/month, leaving 16 million+Lagosians to feed on the remaining N12 Billion. Talk about a real progressive, just what Awo would have done. grin
Re: The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by Wizardofoz: 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2011
Chief (Dr. ) Jimoh Ibrahim attended Obafemi Awolowo University where he obtained the Bachelor of Law degree, and, subsequently, the Masters degree in Public Administration (with Distinction). Thereafter, he attended the prestigious Harvard University , Massachusetts , USA and obtained a combined Masters degree in Law and International Tax. He was called to the Nigerian Bar as Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria

http://jimohibrahimonline.com/

Is it possible to be called to the Nigerian bar without going to Law School? Am I missing something?

The Council of Legal Education runs the Nigeria Law School and all persons who have obtained a University degree in law and want to practice as lawyers in Nigeria, must attend the Nigerian Law School.

Admission into the Nigeria law School is also open to persons who have passed the final Bar Examinations of the English, Scottish or Irish Bar or the Solicitor's Final Examinations of England, Scotland or Ireland.

After a course of study at the Nigeria Law School, the student who passes the final - Bar Part II - examinations receives a certificate from the Council of Legal Education and is then Called to the Bar by the Body of Benchers as provided by the Legal Practitioners Act. This is followed by enrolment as a Legal Practitioner at the Supreme Court of Nigeria

Before the setting up of the Nigeria Law School, all the persons enrolled to practice law in Nigeria were trained in England mostly as Barristers at the various Inns of Court.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/Legal%20Education.htm

Hmmmmm
Re: The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by seanet03: 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2011
ZStranger on the prowl again
Re: The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by hercules07: 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2011
Wizard, how much was Lagos State making before the coming of ABC and how much did they make after?
Re: The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by Mariory(m): 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2011
This thread = waste of (pixels + bandwidth)
Re: The Best Antidote To Tinubu's Alpha Betta - Jimoh Ibrahim by ektbear: 9:14pm On Jun 11, 2011
Heh.

It'd be tremendously interesting for me to see what democracy would look like in this country w/o some mechanism for raising funds.

Entire SW would be PDP just due to lack of funds for politics

With that said, ABC's rumored 10% cut is probably too high. 5% or 2% might be more reasonable figures

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Government Shuts Down Slot In Computer Village, Ikeja / Sullivan Chime, The Missing Governor / I Wish The Airplane Carrying Peter Obi Had Crashed-victor Ume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.