Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job (4822 Views)

What Can He Do With 7 Million Naira, After He Lost His Job / [Satire] The Nigerian Business Partner / Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by apache77(m): 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2011
This neighbor and friend of mine has just been kicked out of his job of almost 3 years on grounds of certificate forgery. I am particularly pained because he was supposed to co-fund a business venture we were going into. He hasn’t come out to say why he lost his job but rumors are flying.

I’m inclined to think he may have helped himself to the organization’s money (which should be fine so long as he brings same into our business) because I don’t see how he could have worked in a bank for almost 3years with fake degree and NYSC certificates, what with technology and all now.

Right now, I don’t know whether it is proper to be talking to him about his equity contribution when he just lost a job. If I knew for sure he was kicked out due to embezzlement, I would be on his neck because I'l know he has money. Is it possible it could be the certificate forgery thingy?
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by AjanleKoko: 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2011
apache77:

This neighbor and friend of mine has just been kicked out of his job of almost 3 years on grounds of certificate forgery. I am particularly pained because he was supposed to co-fund a business venture we were going into. He hasn’t come out to say why he lost his job but rumors are flying.

I’m inclined to think he may have helped himself to the organization’s money (which should be fine so long as he brings same into our business) because I don’t see how he could have worked in a bank for almost 3years with fake degree and NYSC certificates, what with technology and all now.

Right now, I don’t know whether it is proper to be talking to him about his equity contribution when he just lost a job. If I knew for sure he was kicked out due to embezzlement, I would be on his neck because I'l know he has money. Is it possible it could be the certificate forgery thingy?

One thing that'll be really hilarious is for cops to bust the guy and seize all your joint assets, right after he sinks investment into your business.

My advice: If he doesn't come back to you or tell you anything about his situation, it is best to find another partner for your biz.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by teebaba78: 11:27am On Jun 13, 2011
which bank is that?
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by jumiluve: 11:48am On Jun 13, 2011
I’m inclined to think he may have helped himself to the organization’s money (which should be fine so long as he brings same into our business)

If he steals from his former company to fund your venture, you are cool with that?? :oI hope if he turns around and does same to your venture, you will be cool with that too.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by violent(m): 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2011

See the way Nigerians think o!!!!!

shocked shocked
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by izeek(m): 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
so as long as he has the money (speaking if it was embezzlement) your not bothered!
naija has gotten to that stage abi?

am totally dissapointed in ur reasoning. fear no even catch u say if una do bizness together he will dupe you too.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by beknown(m): 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2011
@Poster,

If other Nigerians reason like you we are in serious problem.

The guy may have been removed from his job for a legitimate reason. You seem to rely heavily on rumours for sound information.

If this guy is truly your friend, remember the saying: A friend in need is a friend indeed.

Your friend really need you now as he is experiencing his lowest position. He may let you know the details of his job if you bothered to listen and get close to him.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by NaijaEcash(m): 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2011
@poster

You are surely a con-artist yourself. Simply tell us you want to steal from this "thief" neighbor of yours. No sane entrepreneur will venture into business with a man of questionable character.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by Intrepid1(m): 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2011
You sound like a self-centered gold-digger, my man. Your own na just to collect d money, whether legal or otherwise. Which kain biz una been wan do sef? 419 training school?
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2011
;d
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by MMM2(m): 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2011
for 3yrs na wo
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by Odunnu: 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2011
It had better be that he was relieved because of incompetence rather than forgery
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by kblan: 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2011
human being when the rose was Rossy u din and wine together now dat he has problem all human being are element of questionable character who knows wat ur own hiding agenda her just think twice
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by mjay(m): 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2011
Intrepid!:

You sound like a self-centered gold-digger, my man. Your own na just to collect d money, whether legal or otherwise. Which kain biz una been wan do sef? 419 training school?

lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hmmmmmmmmm
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by daroz(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2011
Do u think its posible to work in a bank with fake credentials for 3years?
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by omega25red(m): 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2011
poster

im very disappointed in your write up also how the heck do you expect us to know why he got kicked out from his job? i thought he was your friend? shouldn't you his "friend" know?

gosh i hope i never run into a person like you who is only concerned about your own gain be it from shady or legit ways!!!!
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by madoba: 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2011
Why don't you man up, and ask him the real reason he has been laid off. Personally, I wouldn't go into business with ill gotten wealth whether someone else stole it and not me, If I hope and expect God to bless my business venture.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by boobfan: 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2011
This Apache77 has been a FOOL and will remain a FOOL all his life. I actually suspected him to be one of these local yahoo yahoo boys whose little money decieve them into insulting people with reputation and clean wealth.He is a partner in crime that would be in EFCC's net soon.What a dumb post!What should we say? Ok, he was not sacked for forged certificates but because he stole money, please go to Special Fraud Unit to get your share, in handcuffs.I would take up your prosecution so that you can rot in jail if you do not repent.

This same Apache77 insulting me that i am poor in my post without knowing my real life good status.You are gradually washing your dirty linen in public
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by andyanders: 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2011
Poster, form your statement, I think you are a criminal. Infact, people should be careful answering this criminal. Look at you. If you are a straight person, ou were supposed to have been able to try to sympathize for your friend in times like this, rather, you are after money.

You are a thie--f.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by DisGuy: 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2011
See all these self-professed entrepreneurs who will never work for anybody  tongue

Chances are you will probably allow him invest the stolen money then hand him in to the police, 1 year down the line you'll start telling us how silly job seekers are

How are we even sure you aren't the one that pressurised him to it
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by Roland17(m): 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2011
you no dey shame to call am your friend, are you acting like a friend, you are a buttt licker.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by Reference(m): 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
From the replies to this strange thread there is yet hope for this country. Towards the poster undecided undecided undecided what can I say.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by frabel: 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2011
it is really very very disappointing the way you talked about someone you called your friend. this life is not a bed of roses, it can happen to anybody, even you.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by shadows4(m): 10:00pm On Jun 13, 2011
Why are u so economical with the truth. In my candid opinion you'r worst than ur "thief" co-investor. I beg i dey go shit.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 13, 2011
apache77:

This only shows that you are a thie.f, and in addition, criminally minded. I wonder what would be the fate of that business.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by amor4ce(m): 1:05am On Jun 14, 2011
Is Seun going to report apache77 to the EFCC?
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by Thirst4Lif: 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2011

grin The OP didn't care whether he stole money as long as he saved some of it for the business! Unbelievable!

This kind of mentality is why Nigerians are always on the aSS end of things!
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2011
apache77:

[b]I’m inclined to think he may have helped himself to the organization’s money (which should be fine so long as he brings same into our business) [/b]because I don’t see how he could have worked in a bank for almost 3years with fake degree and NYSC certificates, what with technology and all now.

[b]Right now, I don’t know whether it is proper to be talking to him about his equity contribution when he just lost a job. If I knew for sure he was kicked out due to embezzlement, I would be on his neck because I'l know he has money.
Is it possible it could be the certificate forgery thingy?
[/b]

you are not serious. see how you think. na wa for you.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by Enice(m): 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2011
What if a sitting political officer say, a Gov, senator, commisioner, etc, uses you to launder money, would you accept, knowing it is illegal? Most of us just pretend to be righteous. It has been confirmed that about 50% of funds generated by the Nigerian govt is actually stolen. Look at people like bankole, ibori, nnamani, etc. These people have companies where Nigerians work. So, are we now saying they should resign? Knowing that the money used in financing their income is corrupt? Most of us here, given the chance would do worst than Ibori. @ poser, ma ka iwe e lo.

1 Like

Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by Enice(m): 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2011
In Nigeria, if a man steals #10,000, he is charged as a hardened criminal and he is sentenced to between 15 and 20 years of hard labour. But if he steals $1,000,000,000, his people would say he is a political prisoner and he is charged with mismanagement of government funds and sentenced to between 6 months and 2 years in a hospital. After leaving the hospital, he is given a rousing reception and a front seat in a popular church. If he refuses to steal government funds, he is castigated by his people as a failure, a tyrant and may even be pushed out of office.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by ChefMike(m): 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2011
grin grin grin Is high-time you wise up man!!! Take to your heels.
Re: My Business Partner Was Kicked Out His Job by Gbenge77(m): 5:07pm On Jun 15, 2011
Serves him right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Business Plan & Proposal On Cashew Nuts Trading For Local Traders&exporters / Betting Made Easy ( Bet With Sense ) / What Will You Do, If You Were Given One Million Naira Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.