Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) (44597 Views)

In Need Of "Why You Act The Way You Do" By Tim Lahaye / Tim Lahaye Books / Left Behind Series (1-13) By Tim Lahaye (dload Them Now) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by yomflo(m): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2006
Has anyone seen Tim Laye's book on TEMPERAMENT? That book is cool. Please i didn't finish reading it, if there's anyone who has read all please i will appreciate if you share it in this Forum. These are the ones i read about MELANCHOLLY & SANGUINE. So please if you've read everything tell us about it in this Forum. And I would appreciate it if you tell the the ones you really belong to. Have Fun, grin cool
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by spicy007(f): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2008
as far as i know, there are 4 temperaments (personality styles):
extrovert
sanguine - friendly, jovial, not disciplined, cheerful, easily bored and angered,untidy
choleric - more serious and goal -oriented

introvert
phlegmatic - cool- headed, reflective, neat and always in control of self
melancholic - deeply withdrawn, creative and artistic, deep thinker

u can read more about it on the internet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Temperaments
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by naijacutee(f): 5:05am On Apr 26, 2008
I love Tim LaHaye as a writer. I have read the book you are speaking of, and also the sequel to it (The Spirit controlled temperament). A few years ago, when I read the book, I was revealed to be strongly melancholic. I believe that this might have now changed. . .
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by winch(m): 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2008
yaeh,iv read it but faild to pick which i realy belong to,i seem to have a blend of all four undecided
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by Nobody: 3:27am On Nov 22, 2009
great book.

i read it ages ago.
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by Tudor6(f): 7:46am On Nov 22, 2009
tpia.:

great book.

i read it ages ago.

Reading the book and UNDERSTANDING it are two different things. Did you understand it? If yes, what is your temperament?
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by ow11(m): 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2009
winch:

yaeh,iv read it but faild to pick which i realy belong to,i seem to have a blend of all four undecided

Everyone is a blend of all four if they are made to choose based on that book. A visit to a good psychologist would reveal yours cheesy
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by Knight1(m): 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2009
Great book!
Don't have it but believe me, tis worth looking for. Check Christian bookstores
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by Janet101(f): 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2009
Great book,it helps u 2 understand d people around you.
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by adebayo201: 11:38pm On Dec 04, 2009
correct
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by Eman07: 9:24pm On Apr 16, 2010
i read spirit controlled teperament- i think i'm a melsan, hmmm undecided
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2010
everyone is a blend of the four, with some temperaments dominating more than the others, I think.

quite an interesting line of thought and also very ancient.
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by Eman07: 10:39pm On Apr 19, 2010
tpia.:

everyone is a blend of the four, with some temperaments dominating more than the others, I think.

quite an interesting line of thought and also very ancient.

hmmm, If its ancient, can it be relied on?
Is there a more reliable (or newer) temperament study?
Actually, i ve been thinkin about personalities lately, i'm not sure if theres any thing like a genetic behaviour trait, we are probably what, and only what we have been brought up to be- our life experiences and relationships, etc.
Maybe i should have studied psychology undecided wink

1 Like

Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 23, 2010
^^ its ancient but there's some truth mixed up in it somewhere.

there are newer studies about birth order, etc.
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by Hadewunmee(f): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2010
i have the book, i lent it from a friend (i dont plan on returning it), its a great book, though i havent decided on the one i belong to, u can ask me anything u want to know about it, a'ight?

1 Like

Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by EMauritius: 9:59am On Feb 15, 2011
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by OppongB: 12:39am On Nov 15, 2011
Hello everyone, could somebody show me how to get the Spirit controlled temperament by Tim Lahaye for free? send me a link at : oppong.boamah@gmail.com
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by Akeey(m): 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pls sm1 shd send me a link on how 2 get d free ebook. Tanx
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by tpia5: 6:07am On Aug 19, 2013
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by Juliedora79(f): 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2013
Yea
i've read the book and it really helped me know why i behave the way i
do sometimes.
Although every individual's supposed to be a mixture of the four,I
think am more of choleric and melancholy with a spice of sanguine.
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by Wesslier(m): 8:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
Juliedora79: Yea
i've read the book and it really helped me know why i behave the way i
do sometimes.
Although every individual's supposed to be a mixture of the four,I
think am more of choleric and melancholy with a spice of sanguine.
u got d gist... evry 1 has a combination of various personalities described by d author, its der for almost impossible 2 say u belong 2 just 1.
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by adexsimply(m): 2:30am On Aug 20, 2013
Read "Spirit Controlled Temperament " and "Why you act the way you do"..It's been long though but I can still summarize the four Main Temperaments
CHOLERIC-hot-headed, hot-tempered,irascible, Extroversive, short-tempered, over-serious..Example- Adolf Hitler
MELANCHOLY-Gloomy,Somber, Thoughtful, Grave..Extremely clever, Extremely Creative, Artistic, Perfectionist, Prone to Mood Swing..(Most Great Artists fall into this Category-Leonardo Da' Vinci, Michael Angelo..and probably Whitney Houston cry cry )
SANGUINE-Confidently Optimistic,Extremely Extroversive(if there's anything like that) Carefree, Careless, unworried, Happy-Go-lucky, Hilarious..Examples:Yuzedo, Idowuogbo, lipsrsealed 190, Truckpusher(based on their E-behaviors )
Phlegmatic-Undemonstrative,extremely Introversive, Emotionless, Secretive, day-dreamy..prefer being spectators to being in the main action(although might perform better if coerced into action), very stubborn without hint(for example, my dad might try to force me to church, I might tell him "OK" in a very gentle and mild way but would end up not going) embarassed

3 Likes

Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by pammusphy(m): 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
A person cannot be all melancholic. You may be a type that combine melancholy and the sanguine. There are twelve temperamental blends---
1. SanChlor (sangine60% choleric40%)
2. SanMel (meaning sanguine is more prominent in such a person than melancholy)
3. SanPhleg
4. ChlorSan (more of being a choleric)
5. ChlorMel
6. ChlorPhleg
7. MelSan
8. MelChlor
9. MelPhleg
10. PlegSan
11. PhlegChlor
12. PhlegMel.
But i choose to shun this stuff because it tends to bring me to behaving in certain ways just because i believe im a melancholy.
That means if im not bold and firm i'll have to excuse myself by saying im only sanguine...

1 Like

Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by iykoblingz: 4:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
The human actions have been linked to the different temperament blends they belong to.Temperament is a person's normal manner of thinking... for more information visit the link below
http://www.toriahealth.com/you-and-your-temperament/
Re: 'Why You Act The Way You Do' By Tim Lahaye (Temperaments) by mcgift(m): 1:02am On Mar 31, 2017
how can i get the free ebook

(1) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1973 Before He Grew White Hair / Fear (Mystery) / Chidera Okolie Declares Her DM Open To Potential Suitors; Lists 10 Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.