Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Oracle DBA Corner - Computers (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Oracle DBA Corner (52368 Views)

Newbies Corner / Windows 8 Is Around The Corner / The Best Laptop Engineers Around The Corner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jubatus: 9:25am On Feb 07, 2011
@instinctg thanks for the encouragement. I have gotten far in java.what it remains now is putting it together.I was abt doing dat this Feb wen my system crashed.But baba God dey,Oracle DBA or Java/J2ee programmer,one is surely going to happen.

Please any ideas on where to apply?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by instinctg(m): 4:39pm On Feb 07, 2011
its pretty cool that you are doing fine in java. the edge oracle has is that you will always need DBA skills in apps development. the more skills one has, the better.
In this part of the world, u can be a jack of all, master of all, cos no knowledge is lost. as for job listings, maybe career sites eg allnigeriajobs.com , ,even nairaland could be of help.
Truth is, most job opportunities are not advertised online or even in the dailies.It requires one knowing the players in the industry, even if its a small IT shop.
Grace of God also counts.Just a matter of time
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jubatus: 5:02pm On Feb 07, 2011
instinctg:

its pretty cool that you are doing fine in java. the edge oracle has is that you will always need DBA skills in apps development. the more skills one has, the better.
In this part of the world, u can be a jack of all, master of all, cos no knowledge is lost. as for job listings, maybe career sites eg allnigeriajobs.com , ,even nairaland could be of help.
Truth is, most job opportunities are not advertised online or even in the dailies.It requires one knowing the players in the industry, even if its a small IT shop.
Grace of God also counts.Just a matter of time

Surely,from my little experience,an app developer needs some dba skills,at least advanced sql and deep understanding of how databases works or better still how to program one.in support of jack of all trade,so long as your brain can carry all of dem successfully.

I have to keep searching and updating myself.I will try those jobsites while nairaland remains my primary point of call.

How I wish you are a player in the industry.God can use anyone and in this dynamic world of IT,once you have the skills,you are good to go.

"Just a matter of time" but I hope it will happen sooner.I don suffer.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by DapoEbene: 7:23pm On Feb 08, 2011
Good Day guys, nice stumble to this forum. I have been looking for how to meet people who are using Oracle 10g and above actively, unfortunately I did my training four years ago, but since then have not used neither do i have a live environment to practise it, indeed i will appreciate if anybody can come to my aid. I want to be well exposed on the usage of Oracle as soon as possible, and also I want a challenging job that will boost my career. I studied Oracle 10g on linux, and for about four years now I am a Database administrator on SQL Server 2005.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 2:20pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ jubatus, i like your zeal! but with God all things are possible, i got my dream dba job in a construction company by Gods favour after i had failed the oral. written and practical interviews!so with God all thins are possible! i am a core dba and am slowly but surelly geting in to PL/SQL. My advice pray first, then practice and practise! its good to be a master of one and jack of all. cos believe me in the I.T. world you cannot find someone that know it all! I.T. is way to broad!you can apply online, gatecrash places that use or might use oracle and neva ever give up!it is well, Jesus is still Lord!
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jubatus: 11:34pm On Feb 09, 2011
jimblaze:

@ jubatus, i like your zeal! but with God all things are possible, i got my dream dba job in a construction company by Gods favour after i had failed the oral. written and practical interviews!so with God all thins are possible! i am a core dba and am slowly but surelly geting in to PL/SQL. My advice pray first, then practice and practise! its good to be a master of one and jack of all. cos believe me in the I.T. world you cannot find someone that know it all! I.T. is way to broad!you can apply online, gatecrash places that use or might use oracle and neva ever give up!it is well, Jesus is still Lord!

thanks man,God is about to do it.will heed ur advice
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by bigfat02: 4:21pm On Feb 15, 2011
here it is

50mb - trial
8GB - N900
18gb - N1500

go to my link below to setup up 50mb trial account
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by bobjr: 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2011
wow, so much knowledge on this forum, I'm very pleased
greetings all
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Yababoy(m): 8:17pm On Mar 28, 2011
Hi all, this is an extremely lovely thread, very interesting and enlightening. However, I need help on getting Oracle 11g Administration 1 (IZO 052) Dumps. I'm writing it in 2 weeks time and I need recent dumps. I'll appreciate it ASAP.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2011
wow its good to see this thread still up! were is A-40, Azum, Lemoor? @ yababoy check 4shareddesktop, you should be able to pull some dumps from there
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 11:31am On May 19, 2011
what happened to this thread? cabali where you at? Lemoor?A-40?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by naijaswag1: 12:52pm On May 19, 2011
dddd
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 23, 2011
Where can I get the best online test resources for 10g RAC and DATA GUARD?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 1:41pm On Jun 23, 2011
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by naijaswag1: 3:25pm On Jun 23, 2011
oracle-base.com is the bomb,just did oracle installation on Fedora 7 with complete directions from those gurus.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 24, 2011
^^Great Resource!
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2011
jimblaze:

wow its good to see this thread still up! were is A-40, Azum, Lemoor? @ yababoy check 4shareddesktop, you should be able to pull some dumps from there
Haha whats good man. I thought this place was dead and buried. Not really had much time to creep up in here but i intend to do so more often na work and things don drag me comot DBA line oh but wetin man go do? Hoping i can get back on track as soon as possible. You got my contacts now send a brother a mail sometime
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2011
@jabbok, you are right, moderator please do sumtin, @A-40, where you been?its been a while, and i dont think i have your mail?
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by weaseloo: 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2011
Hey guys, I am new to this post. Nice work.
I am about to finish my OCP training and would like some advice from the experienced DBAs.
I am surprised to read here that you have to know programming as well to employment worthy.
Is that the only way? I am not thinking programming right now but I am interested in delving into Oracle Security, is there demand for Oracle Security?
If not, what about Data Warehousing or Data Mining?
Your responses and advice will be appreciated!
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 10:49am On Aug 05, 2011
Hello, i suggest you concetrate on SQL and PL/SQL and also read An Introduction to Database Systems by CJ Date, as per datawarehousing and data mining you can find a ton of materials on the Oracle Documentation site, as per the marketability in NIgeria, i honestly dont know.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by instinctg(m): 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2011
jimblaze:

Hello, i suggest you concetrate on SQL and PL/SQL and also read An Introduction to Database Systems by CJ Date, as per datawarehousing and data mining you can find a ton of materials on the Oracle Documentation site, as per the marketability in NIgeria, i honestly dont know.
but there is a school of thought that pl/sql is gradually getting phased out in favour of java.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by jimblaze(m): 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2011
hmmm, they both have their pros and cons concerning Oracle DB
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by bknight: 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2011
hey y'all! i'm d newest SYSDBA around town cool.jst finished my 5wks course today! intend to sit for OCA in 2 wks, i'd love some dumps. cool 2 know DBAs help out
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by instinctg(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2011
welcome grin grin grin
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by bknight: 9:40am On Aug 13, 2011
^^ thanks mate
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by nat138: 12:19am On Aug 17, 2011
Good day,

Good day everyone in the house, I am wondering if anyone here has the most recent dumps for Introduction to Oracle 9i: SQL.

Please I will be very grateful if I can lay hold of these. The dumps I have are the ones for two years ago, does anyone know if those are still relevant??

Many thanks
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by slikcipher(m): 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2011
can someone help me with the latest sql fundamentals 1 dumps, Thanks, slikcipher@gmail.com
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by A40(m): 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2011
@Jimblaze
Its biggbrovazz@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by ARROBA(m): 3:34am On Aug 19, 2011
How come no forum for SQL Server DBA's like us.
Re: Oracle DBA Corner by Fayimora(m): 5:19am On Aug 24, 2011
you create one if you need one

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / 15 Keyboard Shortcuts Every Computer Geek Should Know / 11 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.