Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. (10293 Views)

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake / Linda Iheme Gets 5 Distinctions In Medical Sch.UNIBEN (Pic + Profile) / Third Class And 2.2 In Our Federal Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Rich4god(m): 10:53am On Jun 12, 2011
Greetings to you all, my best friend in the university graduated last year with 2.2, and according to his story, his dad's attitude towards him has changed for bad. In summary, his dad no longer listen to him, nor care about him anymore. As i am writing this thread, the guy has been in my house for 3 days now, saying that he doesn't like his dad's recent character. Am not writing this post to make gist of him cos am still in final year and am not even sure if i will make 2.1(though i pray i will make it). But all am asking it that is there no room for graduates with 2.2 in the Nigerian labour market. Cheers.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by tellwisdom: 11:09am On Jun 12, 2011
First understand why dat man is angry with him, Dat guy fit be eiye boi, na em make am no pass well!
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Agnesqueen(f): 12:34pm On Jun 12, 2011
I do not know how the university system works in Nigeria, please explain to me Is it a 2.2 on a 4 point scale or something else.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Rich4god(m): 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2011
Agnesqueen:

I do not know how the university system works in Nigeria, please explain to me Is it a 2.2 on a 4 point scale or something else.
Agnesqueen:

Its on a scale of six as follows: 1st class; 2nd class upper(2.1); 2nd class lower(2.2); 3rd class; pass n fail. According to him, he said that 2.1 n 1st class is very very difficult to get in his school except if you are actually out to sort d lecturers (paying 4 gud results). He sch in Esut(enugu state university).
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Phony200(m): 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2011
Such parents are ignorant, i guess it's sometimes due to the way they vicariously live through their children, 'my children will do what i couldn't' syndrome. Whatever the reason, it's no reason for the dude to feel bad. I have two friends whose fathers practically disowned them because of this. Their crimes? 4.28 and 4.42 were not good results as they were not first class. Both girls finished in the top 3 of their departments but suffered abuse and withholding of further education sponsorship. So you see, even if your friend had a 2.1, father might be pissed it's not a first class. As long as you know what you're capable of doing and can convince employers of your mental and emotional capacity, you'll always make it.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by shadows4(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2011
Too bad the expectation of the father was not met,the old man should go ask other parents whose wards were rusticated.
My guy u try, just take things calmly jare!
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by heilige(m): 1:36pm On Jun 12, 2011
na wah for dis 9ja papas. Make him papa go univesity make we see weta him go make 3rd class sef,
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2011
TRUE STORY. this is my brother. same mother, same father. went to university of ibadan. studied mathematics. not the best student. he graduated with a third class. lets just say what he was. he was a lukewarm student. then he went to england. did a masters. scattered the whole class. got a phd. scattered the whole class. was recruited by alastair darling to work for the british ministry of transport. then the first ever vacation he took to nigeria he was heavily recruited by fashola to be one of those to oversee the transportation issues in naija with regards to roads etc etc. he can be frequently seen on nigerian tv delivering speeches in a british accent. from 3rd class in naija to one of the hottest maths phd to ever come out of london.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Wizardofoz: 1:52pm On Jun 12, 2011
Why does he care what his father thinks?

He has a degree, go get a job and move out of his house.

Let the father continue to get angry, while you/your imaginary friend continues to make money.

Why is this even on the front page?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by khattab008: 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2011
That Man Should At Least Thank God For What He Gave His Son What Will The Fathers Of Those With 3rd Class Pass and even those given mere attendance certificate Say As A Father He Should Encourage His Son Rather Than Discouraging Him

1 Like

Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Wizardofoz: 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2011
buzugee:

TRUE STORY. this is my brother. same mother, same father. went to university of ibadan. studied mathematics. not the best student. he graduated with a third class. lets just say what he was. he was a lukewarm student. then he went to england. did a masters. scattered the whole class. got a phd. scattered the whole class. was recruited by alastair darling to work for the british ministry of transport. then the first ever vacation he took to nigeria he was heavily recruited by fashola to be one of those to oversee the transportation issues in naija with regards to roads etc etc. he can be frequently seen on nigerian tv delivering speeches in a british accent. from 3rd class in naija to one of the hottest maths phd to ever come out of london.

I know him.

So he finshed with a 3rd class? As in a 3rd class brain? And you, if we are to go by genomics, have a third class brain? Not to talk of the people that gave birth to you? And your kids would have.      .      .   maybe I should stop now. grin

Orisirisi!

Anyway, congrats to you and your brother, Mr. 3rd class brain from UI. This is one of the reasons this country will never move forward, nepotism and the elevation of mediocrity (3rd class-ism)  over excellence (1st class-ism). No wonder the whole BRT, and transportaion issues in Lagos, was poorly concieved and 'third-class-ically' implemented. When you allow '3rd class-tic' brains to run something, you should not expect a '1st-class-tic' result, or should we?

After all, you cant give what you dont hand.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Wizardofoz: 2:03pm On Jun 12, 2011
Rich4god:

Its on a scale of six as follows: 1st class; 2nd class upper(2.1); 2nd class lower(2.2); 3rd class; pass n fail. According to him, he said that 2.1 n 1st class is very very difficult to get in his school except if you are actually out to sort d lecturers (paying 4 gud results). He sch in Esut(enugu state university).

I think third class is the same as pass.

No?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Ferya(f): 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2011
@ poster
It is never a sin for a father to frown at the performance of a child that he knew should have know reason not to

perform beyond average. His father must have made everything available for his son to study and is also aware of  

his abilities. Afterall, he paid his fees and have the right to express his feelings.

@ Rich4god

I do not believe what he told you about sorting to make 2.1 or firstclass. Of course, we have corrupt lectures at

various universities but they will never give you first class if you do not merit it. No matter what you give. So, he

should not justify himself.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2011
Wizardofoz:

I know him.

So he finshed with a 3rd class? As in a 3rd class brain? And you, if we are to go by genomics, have a third class brain? Not to talk of the people that gave birth to you? And your kids would have.      .      .   maybe I should stop now. grin

Orisirisi!

Anyway, congrats to you and your brother, Mr. 3rd class brain from UI. This is one of the reasons this country will never move forward, nepotism and the elevation of mediocrity (3rd class-ism)  over excellence (1st class-ism). No wonder the whole BRT, and transportaion issues in Lagos, was poorly concieved and 'third-class-ically' implemented. When you allow '3rd class-tic' brains to run something, you should not expect a '1st-class-tic' result, or should we?

you missed the point. the point is 'dont throw the baby out with the bath water'
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Wizardofoz: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2011
buzugee:

you missed the point. the point is 'dont throw the baby out with the bath water'

That is how someone with a Third-class brain would interpret it.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by xreal: 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2011
It's simply because the man is an illiterate.

Mumu man.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2011
Wizardofoz:

That is how someone with a Third-class brain would interpret it.

very hostile lil fella you are, aintcha ? i aint taking your bait today. its sunday. i dont want to cuss somebody out on a sunday  grin. remember the sabbath day to keep it holy. cussing you out will violate that   angry
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Wislet(f): 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2011
Wizardofoz:

I know him.

Orisirisi!

Excuse you? Do u just wanna hear urself? Point is: not all those with 3rd class or 2nd lower are slow. Some of them re quite intelligent & can compete wit our so-called 1st class or 2.1 nowadays, in a country where u're given a result u dont merit and are failed if u dont behave like the 'joneses'.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2011
on a more civil note, some people just dont do well under substandard conditions. my brother was a prime example of that. i remember visiting him once in UI and there were like 8 people or more to a tiny room. hence why he struggled in UI. nothing to do with a 3rd class brain as that fella so eloquently put it.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2011
Wislet:

Excuse you? Do u just wanna hear urself? Point is: not all those with 3rd class or 2nd lower are slow. Some of them re quite intelligent & can compete wit our so-called 1st class or 2.1 nowadays, in a country where u're given a result u dont merit and are failed if u dont behave like the 'joneses'.
hmmm hmmm tell im gurl
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Wizardofoz: 2:30pm On Jun 12, 2011
Wislet:

Yeah right.

I also believe that hardwork is overrated.

Very simple; when you want to employ people, give priority to those intelligent people with 3rd class ahead of the 'less intelligent' people with 1st class.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2011
Wizardofoz:

Yeah right.

I also believe that hardwork is overrated.

Very simple; when you want to employ people, give priority to those intelligent people with 3rd class ahead of the 'less intelligent' people with 1st class.
you are quite the bellicose, loquacious, belligerent, rambunctious and boisterous fella, aintcha ? all the millions of people nigeria has produced with 1st class and we still cannot manufacture chocolate sef. you are are suffering from an extreme case of myopic anaemia. now me personally if i owned a company i will never hire 1st class students. these are the book smart people. their wherewithal and critical thinking faculty is always lacking. i got no use for someone who gets 1st class from a nigerian university.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Wizardofoz: 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2011
buzugee:

on a more civil note, some people just dont do well under substandard conditions. my brother was a prime example of that. i remember visiting him once in UI and there were like 8 people or more to a tiny room. hence why he struggled in UI. nothing to do with a 3rd class brain as that fella so eloquently put it.

Of course, being able to adapt in/to a rough terrain isnt a sign of intelligence. Those who made first class, despite the rough environment, did so because they were less intelligent than your "intelligent" but not intelligently adaptable brother.

Adapting and surviving in a bad environment is a sign of less intelligence, I guess, or why would a less intelligent specie like ours survive where the more 'intelligent' Neanderthals failed.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 2:42pm On Jun 12, 2011
Wizardofoz:

Of course, being able to adapt in/to a rough terrain isnt a sign of intelligence. Those who made first class, despite the rough environment, did so because they were less intelligent than your "intelligent" but not intelligently adaptable brother.

Adapting and surviving in a bad environment is a sign of less intelligence, I guess, or why would a less intelligent specie like ours survive where the more 'intelligent' Neanderthals failed.

survival is just that. survival. nothing to do with intelligence. the most intelligent people in the world have the worst survival skills. they are like fish out of water if dropped in unfamiliar sorroundings. thats why they are called geeks. people with stong survival skills are usually the primal and primitive types.
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by kokorodudu(f): 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2011
tellwisdom:

First understand why dat man is angry with him, Dat guy fit be eiye boi, na em make am no pass well!
Correct or the man don fit use the yeye boy pose for him friends say him boy na bill gates, boy come fall him hand,
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by pereze: 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2011
I was one of the best in my class and I must tell you first class or whatever grade is no longer invoke. I never thought I will be in short of employers reasons being that I made my 2:1 without sorting my way through and I trust God so much. Most of the guys I teach in class started working even with 'lower grades', and some are still working.
Funny enough, all I passed all the recruitment test I went for but one (about 6), couldn't say for sure why the jobs didn't come my way. The last one that I blew helped me a great deal, that is God for you.
The years of unemployment opened my eyes a lot and I am grateful that I passed through that phase. You get to learn about people, 'friends' and life in general.
Long story short, I am out of the country now on scholarship and I can tell the dude involved to believe in himself even if his own have given up on him (very sad though). God has his own way of doing things and I can swear to this fact. The good thing is that it will always be for our good if we trust him (I no holy pass oh!)
Here in europe, you see M.Sc holders (foreigners mainly) with distinction and merit serving as bar attendant, bouncers, security  in clubs,bars etc!
My final word is that we should learn to look inwards, trust God, believe in ourselves and regardless of what anyone thinks about us, NEVER GIVE UP.

2 Likes

Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by kokorodudu(f): 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2011
pereze:

Here in europe, you see M.Sc holders (foreigners mainly) with distinction and merit serving as bar attendant, bouncers, security  in clubs,bars etc!
My final word is that we should learn to look inwards, trust God, believe in ourselves and regardless of what anyone thinks about us, NEVER GIVE UP.

True but very sad. But bros, carry yourself come back Lasgidi and do something purposeful
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by isalegan2: 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2011
buzugee:

survival is just that. survival. nothing to do with intelligence. the most intelligent people in the world have the worst survival skills. they are like fish out of water if dropped in unfamiliar sorroundings. thats why they are called geeks. people with stong survival skills are usually the primal and primitive types.

Interesting.  You always come with a fresh perspective o jare, my brutha.  Take care of yourself and enjoy your Sabbath.  smiley
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by Wizardofoz: 2:58pm On Jun 12, 2011
buzugee:

you are quite the bellicose, loquacious, belligerent, rambunctious and boisterous fella, aintcha ? all the millions of people nigeria has produced with 1st class and we still cannot manufacture chocolate sef. you are are suffering from an extreme case of myopic anaemia. now me personally if i owned a company i will never hire 1st class students. these are the book smart people. their wherewithal and critical thinking faculty is always lacking. i got no use for someone who gets 1st class from a nigerian university.  

So the reason Nigeria hasnt moved forward is because of the millions of Ist Class graduates Nigeria has produced, not because of the Billions of Third class we have handling assignments way beyond their ability and intellect? I am sure you know, as I do, that in every graduating class, there are more 3rd class grads than first class people.

So we should blame the less that 10% people with "1st Class brain" for our backwardness, not the more than 50% with "Third Class brain/attitude?"

And even if you are correct, you think the solution is to produce more people with Third class?

their wherewithal and critical thinking faculty is always lacking

Black and White issue we have here? As in, All First Class graduates, like our own Jarus who graduated with First Class in Economics form the prestigious OAU, LACK "wherewithal and critical thinking faculty?"

And, since to you,

First class = NO wherewithal and critical thinking faculty

Your Brother with a Third Class = Very intelligent

Is it safe to say that, after thorough research and great analys[b]e[/b]s, with your brother of couse (n=1), you have come to the conclusion:

Third Class = Immense wherewithal and critical thinking faculty skills?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by buzugee(m): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2011
isale_gan2:

Interesting.  You always come with a fresh perspective o jare, my brutha.  Take care of yourself and enjoy your Sabbath.  smiley
thank you my sister. how for do now ? lol. make you take care of yourself too.  grin hey heyyyyy nowwwwwww sistergurlll *american accent*
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by texazzpete(m): 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2011
I don't know why you clowns are taking Panadol for another man's headache. Were you there when the man was paying school fees for his son?
Is the father MANDATED to pay for his son's University education?
It could well have been a contract of some sort. I pay for your education, in turn just ensure you come out with a good degree. Isn't the man allowed to feel dissapointment when his son came up short?

If the boy did not have the ability to make a 2.1, perhaps the dad would not have been bothered. But the man must have been let down by a son with potentials who failed to live up to his side of the bargain.

For the record, anyone that claims that you can only get a 2.1 by bribing lecturers is immediately identified as a mediocre student.

So it matters not if you know someone with a 3rd class who has made it in life. The bottom line is that the dad paid all school fees + housing. In return, the son underachieved academically. Why do you not expect the man to be upset?
Re: He Got 2.2 In Sch And His Dad Became Hostile To Him. by emmatok(m): 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2011
Those of you insulting that guys father are totally out of line.

Every parents weather literate or illiterate wants their children to do well in school.

Knowing the kind of child they have.

@poster

I will advise you to mind your own business, stop ridiculing  another family .

The parent knows what they expect from their wards, it is their business to make sure their children are well educated.

Tell that your arrogant friend to go back to his fathers house and apologies.

Children of nowadays are something else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unilorin Accommodation Online: Limited Space. / Kaduna State College Of Nursing And Midwifery Form Is Out And Is FREE / Lasu External System Admission List!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.