Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

The Fulani - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Fulani (31885 Views)

Who Are The Fulani People And Their Origins? / Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / The Fulani - Bibbe Fulbe Lessdi Afriki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulani by BlackKenichi(m): 4:10am On Sep 26, 2013
somal: Sad how they only semi decent looking people Fulani/Toureg in west africa are a mix of berbers and blacks and many came from the horn of africa.

At the bolded - F*cking ret@rded!

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani by somal: 4:42am On Sep 26, 2013
Black Kenichi:
At the bolded - F*cking ret@rded!

dude, fulani came from east africa. and toureg are a mix of berber and black.

so all negroids are ugly unless mixed
Re: The Fulani by BlackKenichi(m): 4:50am On Sep 26, 2013
somal:

dude, fulani came from east africa. and toureg are a mix of berber and black.

so all negroids are ugly unless mixed
The Fulani come from the Senegambia region. Genetics and linguistics have shown this. They are closely related to Serers, Wolofs and other Senegambian ethnics.
Are all Somalis useless insecure fucktards or is it just you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 4:52am On Sep 26, 2013
somal: Sad how they only semi decent looking people Fulani/Toureg in west africa are a mix of berbers and blacks and many came from the horn of africa.

What the heck are you talking about, Fulani and Touareg are not mixed.

Touareg are Berbers, Fulani are of Senegambian Saharan origin. We did not come from the Horn of Africa. Touareg for all I know and Fulani are older than you guys. Touaregs and Fulani once roamed West North Africa (present day Algeria, Morocco, even to Libya). However, when Arabs came a lot of us lost our lands. Some Fulani may have forgiven the Arabs, but I can tell you right now, the Touaregs have not forgiven the the Arabs. The Touaregs only respected one Arab and that was Ghaddafi.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by somal: 4:56am On Sep 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

What the heck are you talking about, Fulani and Touareg are not mixed.

Touareg are Berbers, Fulani are of Senegambian Saharan origin. We did not come from the Horn of Africa. Touareg for all I know and Fulani are older than you guys. Touaregs and Fulani once roamed West North Africa (present day Algeria, Morocco, even to Libya). However, when Arabs came a lot of us lost our lands. Some Fulani may have forgiven the Arabs, but I can tell you right now, the Touaregs have not forgiven the the Arabs. The Touaregs only respected one Arab and that was Ghaddafi.

the Tuareg people are Berber-speakers who trace their ancestry to the indigenous peoples of North Africa in ancient times. They share the same language family as the Berber-speakers of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya. Tuaregs live primarily in Niger, Mali, Algeria and Libya, with diasporas in many surrounding countries.

Like most of the people in the northern third of the African continent, the Tuareg people adopted Islam over the past few centuries. Because they are Muslim and herd camels, many Americans and Europeans have confused them with Arabs. But the Tuaregs are not Arabs, and they do not descend from Arabs. Although they adopted some Arab customs in connection with herding practices, Tuareg social traditions are very different from those of Arabs, and they do not claim any affinity with Arabs. They identify themselves as Berber-speakers - Amazighan (pronounced slightly different in each region).

Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 5:06am On Sep 26, 2013
somal:

the Tuareg people are Berber-speakers who trace their ancestry to the indigenous peoples of North Africa in ancient times. They share the same language family as the Berber-speakers of Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya. Tuaregs live primarily in Niger, Mali, Algeria and Libya, with diasporas in many surrounding countries.

Like most of the people in the northern third of the African continent, the Tuareg people adopted Islam over the past few centuries. Because they are Muslim and herd camels, many Americans and Europeans have confused them with Arabs. But the Tuaregs are not Arabs, and they do not descend from Arabs. Although they adopted some Arab customs in connection with herding practices, Tuareg social traditions are very different from those of Arabs, and they do not claim any affinity with Arabs. They identify themselves as Berber-speakers - Amazighan (pronounced slightly different in each region).

Did you just copy and past that somewhere? There are many Touaregs that live in Nigeria fyi who came here during the war in Mali and Niger as refugees they live not too far from us. As a matter of fact, you can not mistake Arab and Touareg, they look far different. Touaregs if anything look more Fulani. The picture below is of a Touareg man.

This music video is of my favourite Touareg group:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyqe434Q0XA

Touaregs are black, (majority are). The berbers in North Africa are all mixed with Turkish, Greek, Roman, Arab, etc. and no longer speak their Berber language (Tamazight) or use the Berber alphabet (Tiffnagh). You have no idea of what you are talking about. Don't Somali schools have better education system.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by somal: 5:08am On Sep 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

Did you just copy and past that somewhere? There are many Touaregs that live in Nigeria fyi who came here during the war in Mali and Niger as refugees they live not too far from us. As a matter of fact, you can not mistake Arab and Touareg, they look far different. Touaregs if anything look more Fulani. The picture below is of a Touareg man.

This music video is of my favourite Touareg group:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyqe434Q0XA

Touaregs are black, (majority are). The berbers in North Africa are all mixed with Turkish, Greek, Roman, Arab, etc. and no longer speak their Berber language (Tamazight) or use the Berber alphabet (Tiffnagh). You have no idea of what you are talking about. Don't Somali schools have better education system.

there are many types of touregs, some are negroid and some have more admixture, they are a collection of people who just share islam.

why do you think some look arab and some look negroid.

gtfo
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 5:10am On Sep 26, 2013
somal:

there are many types of touregs, some are negroid and some have more admixture, they are a collection of people who just share islam.

why do you think some look arab and some look negroid.

gtfo

Most Touaregs DO NOT look Arab. Do not mistake the the Algerian Berber who has been mixed with Romans, Greeks, Turks and Arabs for Centuries. The only real Berber group today are the Kel-Tamashaq (Touaregs) because they are the only Berbers who speak their language and write in the Tiffnagh alphabet. Not these Arab speaking Berbers who claim they are Berber but can't even make a sentence in their language. You know nothing about West Africa why don't you go back to you Somali threads and bounce gtho
Re: The Fulani by somal: 5:14am On Sep 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

Most Touaregs DO NOT look Arab. Do not mistake the the Algerian Berber who has been mixed with Romans, Greeks, Turks and Arabs for Centuries. The only real Berber group today are the Kel-Tamashaq (Touaregs) because they are the only Berbers who speak their language and write in the Tiffnagh alphabet. Not these Arab speaking Berbers who claim they are Berber but can't even make a sentence in their language. You know nothing about West Africa why don't you go back to you Somali threads and bounce gtho

when i say arab, i mean they look north african, they look non negroid, so obviously all toureg are not related, its just a culture. Some have more negroid others dont.

dont convince that the ones who look berber are negroid son. Am somali.
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 5:17am On Sep 26, 2013
somal:

when i say arab, i mean they look north african, they look non negroid, so obviously all toureg are not related, its just a culture. Some have more negroid others dont.

dont convince that the ones who look berber are negroid son. Am somali.

What you are is a retar.d If by North African you mean black then I agree. Arabs are native to your area near Yemen and areas like that. They are not native to Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Mauritania.
Re: The Fulani by somal: 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

What you are is a retar.d If by North African you mean black then I agree. Arabs are native to your area near Yemen and areas like that. They are not native to Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Mauritania.

are you joking? lmao

north african does not mean arab, berbers are more related to cushitic people in the horn than you negroids.

Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
somal:

are you joking? lmao

north african does not mean arab, berbers are more related to cushitic people in the horn than you negroids.

Stop being a retar.d, Northwest Africa is not the same as Northeast Africa. They have never been the same nor never will be. Whether you want to acknowledge the fact that you are negroid is your business, I don't care what you call yourself. Do not associate Northwest Africa with you again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fulani by somal: 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

Stop being a retar.d, Northwest Africa is not the same as Northeast Africa. They have never been the same nor never will be. Whether you want to acknowledge the fact that you are negroid is your business, I don't care what you call yourself. Do not associate Northwest Africa with you again.

dna says alot son, its proven that those in southern europe have our dna forget north africa

plus all the north african ancient egyptians followed the nile from the highlands of ethiopia
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2013
somal:

dna says alot son, its proven that those in southern europe have our dna forget north africa

plus all the north african ancient egyptians followed the nile from the highlands of ethiopia

Leave your Egypt talk to a different thread, Ancient Egyptians were mainly of Nubian and Merote ancestry which means they were a Nilo-Saharan people like the Kanuri and Songhai. With that said, My ethnic group are not related to Somalis, have never been and never will be. It's amazing when Ethiopians and some Somalis on youtube try to claim us when we are a completely different group. Accept West Africa for what it is, a very diverse region full of rich black cultures.
Re: The Fulani by MisterG: 10:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fulaman198:

Leave your Egypt talk to a different thread, Ancient Egyptians were mainly of Nubian and Merote ancestry which means they were a Nilo-Saharan people like the Kanuri and Songhai. With that said, My ethnic group are not related to Somalis, have never been and never will be. It's amazing when Ethiopians and some Somalis on youtube try to claim us when we are a completely different group. Accept West Africa for what it is, a very diverse region full of rich black cultures.

Actually, it was a mixture of both language groups, it you look at many monuments in Northern Sudan in the earlier period it was in the AfroAsiatic language, for example temple of Soleb, El kurru, and some of the earlier pyramids, however later it was switch to Nilo Saharan, which means you and the somali dude are correct. In other words, the region is more or less diverse linguistically, and you can obviously see that with the faces of the current population.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhwP4wDrxKE

However, i don't want to side track this thread and lets continue on with the main topic, because i enjoyed some of the comments.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by MisterG: 10:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
[quote author=Mister G]

edit
Re: The Fulani by Ajuran: 11:33am On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

no one wants to claim u son. Trust me. cause your entire people only 20 percent of have those nice features like straight nose and soft hair.

and we all know thats because of mixing. So sit your butt down and Behold the Glory of the Cushitic race.

Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

no one wants to claim u son. Trust me. cause your entire people only 20 percent of have those nice features like straight nose and soft hair.

and we all know thats because of mixing. So sit your butt down and Behold the Glory of the Cushitic race.

You have a very false sense of superiority. Who deemed those features as superior? I advice you to stop making a total mockery of yourself. No one is impressed.

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani by Ajuran: 9:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

You have a very false sense of superiority. Who deemed those features as superior? I advice you to stop making a total mockery of yourself. No one is impressed.

HUH? Why you mad cause i said no one is claiming u?
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

HUH? Why you mad cause i said no one is claiming u?

Mad? I'm actually glad

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Ajuran: 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

Mad? I'm actually glad

All am saying is that from all the nigerians and blacks i have seen: they all view soft hair and straight nose as beautiful: and in the horn of africa we have these features. Thats why i came to my logical conclusion that we are the best looking people in the world. Whites have skin that is nasty.
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

All am saying is that from all the nigerians and blacks i have seen: they all view soft hair and straight nose as beautiful: and in the horn of africa we have these features. Thats why i came to my logical conclusion that we are the best looking people in the world. Whites have skin that is nasty.

There are people in Nigeria with soft hair and there are people in Nigeria with kinkier hair, we do not discriminate. I love both the same. I have never ever even paid attention to what kind of hair I have until I made contact with Westerners. In Nigeria, we do not make such distinctions.

Whether you are dark skinned, light skinned, whatever. Nigerians do not discriminate. That is the beauty of this country Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Ajuran: 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

There are people in Nigeria with soft hair and there are people in Nigeria with kinkier hair, we do not discriminate. I love both the same. I have never ever even paid attention to what kind of hair I have until I made contact with Westerners. In Nigeria, we do not make such distinctions.

Whether you are dark skinned, light skinned, whatever. Nigerians do not discriminate. That is the beauty of this country Nigeria

the people with the soft hair have admixture, and are a small minority. even then they are looked up upon as the rest wear weaves. thus proving my point.
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

the people with the soft hair have admixture, and are a small minority. even then they are looked up upon as the rest wear weaves. thus proving my point.

I don't know, Nigeria is too diverse, most of us Mbororo are not even mixed and are pure Fulani (thus the reason why we speak the purest of Fulfulde).

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Personally, I have never seen a Nigerian say those attributes are better. Make sure you are actually talking to a Nigerian next time....There are plenty of other African nationalities on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Ajuran: 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198: Personally, I have never seen a Nigerian say those attributes are better. Make sure you are actually talking to a Nigerian next time....There are plenty of other African nationalities on Nairaland.

well if soft hair is not seen as better than nappy hair: why do so many women wear weaves that are soft and spend thousands of dollars on them?

how many arabs, whites, indians do you see putting nappy fake hair on their head?
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 10:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

well if soft hair is not seen as better than nappy hair: why do so many women wear weaves that are soft and spend thousands of dollars on them?

how many arabs, whites, indians do you see putting nappy fake hair on their head?

You are mistaken, a lot of Nigerian women do not even know what a weave is unless if they live in a big city. Most Nigerian women have not been exposed to this western thing. In Nigeria, women care more about their curves than their hair (which I deem fine, as long as their hair gets down to their shoulders who cares)?

I naturally have long hair, but you know what, I don't wear long hair because it hinders my chances at a job. Also, a few women have convinced me that it is does not look too masculine (unless if I wear dreadlocks which will never happen).

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Ajuran: 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

You are mistaken, a lot of Nigerian women do not even know what a weave is unless if they live in a big city. Most Nigerian women have not been exposed to this western thing. In Nigeria, women care more about their curves than their hair (which I deem fine, as long as their hair gets down to their shoulders who cares)?

I naturally have long hair, but you know what, I don't wear long hair because it hinders my chances at a job. Also, a few women have convinced me that it is does not look too masculine (unless if I wear dreadlocks which will never happen).

So in other words, nigerians who don't live in big cities don't wear weaves. But the minute they get money and move to a big city they adopt the western notion of beauty that means having soft hair is beautiful.

thanks for the clarification.
Re: The Fulani by Fulaman198(m): 10:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ajuran:

So in other words, nigerians who don't live in big cities don't wear weaves. But the minute they get money and move to a big city they adopt the western notion of beauty that means having soft hair is beautiful.

thanks for the clarification.

It's more like Nigerian women don't need them. Nigerian women are amongst the most beautiful in the world (not to be biased). The only issue I have with Nigerian women is how they love money and a man based on his profession too much (instead of a mans heart). There are several Nigerian women with naturally long hair.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Ajuran: 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
Fulaman198:

It's more like Nigerian women don't need them. Nigerian women are amongst the most beautiful in the world (not to be biased). The only issue I have with Nigerian women is how they love money and a man based on his profession too much (instead of a mans heart). There are several Nigerian women with naturally long hair.

Several lol. I won't push you any harder. This issue is taking too long to unWEAVE. no pun intended. grin
Re: The Fulani by davidoluyemo: 5:56am On Oct 12, 2015
Ajuran:

Several lol. I won't push you any harder. This issue is taking too long to unWEAVE. no pun intended. grin

I am tired of insecure Africans that flaunt the little Caucasoid looks they have. No matter how pointed your nose is. You are not white. Never forget that. White people don't want you. They don't even want Arabs. In their book you are on the very bottom of the totem pole. So why congratulate yourself and try to feel superior to other Africans when your country is in the worst shape on the continent. Most foreigners look down on Africans because of pictures of starving Somalians and Ethiopians. Instead of collaborating with other Africans you north Africans make me laugh. You want to keep worshiping your oppressors. I will not stop laughing at your ignorance.

If you want you can get back to me if you need more lessons. Its easy when you talk to people that don't know their history, but i will teach you many things. I usually don't comment but you caught my attention.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani by Ajuran: 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
davidoluyemo:

I am tired of insecure Africans that flaunt the little Caucasoid looks they have. No matter how pointed your nose is. You are not white. Never forget that. White people don't want you. They don't even want Arabs. In their book you are on the very bottom of the totem pole. So why congratulate yourself and try to feel superior to other Africans when your country is in the worst shape on the continent. Most foreigners look down on Africans because of pictures of starving Somalians and Ethiopians. Instead of collaborating with other Africans you north Africans make me laugh. You want to keep worshiping your oppressors. I will not stop laughing at your ignorance.

If you want you can get back to me if you need more lessons. Its easy when you talk to people that don't know their history, but i will teach you many things. I usually don't comment but you caught my attention.

you must not know me at all. i dislike white people too grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Siddika Lamido To Wed Abubakar Umar Kurfi (Photos) / The Aseyin of Iseyin, Oba Adekunle Salawudeen Is Dead / Yorubas In Nigeria That Can't Speak Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.