Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Kanu Nwankwo Retires From International Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Nwankwo Retires From International Football (3705 Views)

Emmanuel Emenike Retires From The National Team / Kanu Nwankwo's Son Flaunts His Father's Ferrari / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo Retires From International Football by biodun70(m): 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2011
Kanu Nwankwo retires from international football

Fans paid tribute to former Nigeria captain Nwankwo Kanu during his testimonial game in Lagos earlier today.
The match was between the Super Eagles and the Rest of the World XI. It ended 3-1 in favour of the Super Eagles. Kanu played for both sides-scoring the first goal for the Super Eagles.

The most decorated footballer in the history of Nigerian football ( he was U-17, Nigerian league, Olympic, Champions league,UEFA Super Cup, Intercontinental Cup, Erendivisie, Premiership & FA cup champion, two-time African player of the year) , Papilo played 87 times for his country-scoring 14 times.

Who can forget that beautiful equaliser against Brazil - Olympics '96 or the 'one-man show' against Chelsea in '99(where he scored a hat-trick) . 

'Papilo i sabi say one day you go make us proud'(remember that Peak milk advert where his screen Mum foretold his greatness in pidgin English?) Well, Papilo has made us all proud :-)

Below is a link to a clip of some of his beautiful displays. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcgxI2PUxrE

Check out my blog- correctpaddy..com

(1) (Reply)

Footballers You Never Knew They Have An Identical Twin / I Think Bet9ja Is Wrong. / Gabon, Morocco, Niger, Tunisia : AFCON 2012 Group C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.