Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada (4008 Views)

Why Jonathan Lost Presidential Election – Former Deputy Senate President, Mantu / Breaking: Boko Haram Invades Nafada In Gombe State,sacks Police Station 04/11/14 / Court Frees Bankole And Nafada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by runsgirl: 6:27pm On Jun 12, 2011
Agents of the Economic and Financial crimes Commission (EFCC) today arrested  the former deputy speaker of the house of representatives, Usman Nafada.

The deputy speaker will probably be arraigned with the  former speaker, Dimeji Bankole, on Monday over illegal procurement and misappropriation of about N40 billion loan.

The EFCC docked Bankole last week on a  16-count charge for misappropriating N9 billion capital project fund through contract inflation.

A legal source at the EFCC told SaharaReporters that the two former officials will be arraigned on fresh charges before a federal high court on Monday.

Meanwhile, officials of the United bank of Africa (UBA) have made appearances at the EFCC in view of the $1 billion money laundering involving former speaker Bankole and some of his aides. An investigator within the EFCC told SaharaReporters that after initial resistance, the MD of UBA has began cooperating with the EFCC to explain the movement of vast amounts of money through proxy domiciliary accounts at the UBA.

EFCC spokesman Femi Babafemi today confirmed that Nafada is being detained by the EFCC in Abuja.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/former-nigerian-deputy-speaker-nafada-arrested-over-n40-billion-loan-scam

Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2011
more to follow ,next time dont indulge in anti party activities during elections

Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by snowdrops(m): 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2011
gej don vex. he need to begin build new prisons to accommodate more of such people.
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2011
When are they going to arrest Gbenga who's now on the run ? !
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2011
one at a time , some are in the upper chamber,anyone that evades arrest will face impeachment, some persons will be thrown off balance when the ministers are appointed and used to execute some plots
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2011
Gbenga is not in the chamber cuz he didn't win election ?
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by snowdrops(m): 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2011
OGD is only one of thousands that need to be in prison at present.
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2011
you seem very particular about OGD,any personal issues undecided undecided
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by snowdrops(m): 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2011
are you referring to me?
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2011
no bluetooth
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by dejavus: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
I believe it safe to say categorically that Nigeria is a failed state afterall.

What good comes out of all these arrest if they are not going to give back the stolen money and face the music.
What good intention does GEJ has for Nigeria when he advised newly elected Governors not to bother proving what their predecesors stole in Publuic fund.

My head hurts!
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by apoti(m): 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
What's the essence when he will only be charged for inflating the price of a samsung LCD tv  undecided
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by MaiSuya(m): 9:08pm On Jun 12, 2011
well, the signs are encouraging. . .

lets see how this plays out
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by ak47mann(m): 10:34pm On Jun 12, 2011
EFCC. shocked
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by Sunofgod(m): 10:46pm On Jun 12, 2011
Its like 'Bankole' has started singing and spilled the beans by dragging Nafada into his mess.

I'm sure its going to get like nairaland (tribalistic) in the EFCC interogation room.

I'm sure more heads are going to roll,
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:01pm On Jun 12, 2011
Even the current deputy speaker house of representative Emeka Ihedioha is also involved in this bankole's mess and other members in the house. angry
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by adejoro76: 2:16am On Jun 13, 2011
^^^^
Even the current speaker too is mentioned in the scam. But of course Bank-ole takes the cake.
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by Blazay(m): 2:53am On Jun 13, 2011
I like this 'tatafo' of a Bank-OLE'

Typical Yoruba dude. . .im mutt nor dey close once im [size=20pt]h[/size]-op[b][size=20pt]i[/size][/b]n!

Like a 'bursted' sewer!

Mu he he he he he

Chai! grin
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by Odunnu: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2011
The show is about to start!
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by dellnet: 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2011
aguiyi:

more to follow ,next time dont indulge in anti party activities during elections
This is sickening I hope PDP is ready for the bombs they want to exchange on each other this term.
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by andyanders: 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2011
Let all the members of the house of representatives be arrested unless Malaye who opend up as a man the filt in the house. He was fought and thrown out of the house. All should be arrested. Let the house be suspended because I have never seen what they have been legislating than stealing.
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2011
Would never take the EFCC seriously until they probe the following people and more

Tinunbu,
Gbenga Daniel,
Alao Akala,
Diepreye Alamieyeseigha,
Joshua Dariye,
Babangida,
Patience Jonathan

and more!!
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by otokx(m): 2:39pm On Jun 13, 2011
This is just a beating of the air.
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by anointedf(m): 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2011
EFCC usual story Act 1 scene 2.
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by danswagz(m): 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
Partners in crime.but all dis tins are 4 formality,at d end of the day they are not jailed.i ve never seen a gov, house of rep,senator or presido jailed in naija,i stand to be corected
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by MMM2(m): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2011
efcc will leave him very soon.
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by lafuria1(m): 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2011
very good move by the EFCC, but as the past would show, good at the beggining but at end of the all saga is as if nothing happened. at worst it will be a 6 month jail and dn look for another scapegoat. lets watch and see.
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by agitator: 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2011
They need their own share of $ na grin grin grin grin
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by Roland17(m): 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2011
why is it difficult to arrest OGD? well its of no use if he is going to get out of the hook, na GEJ paddy after all.
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by texazzpete(m): 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2011
snowdrops:

gej don vex. he need to begin build new prisons to accommodate more of such people.

See this m'oron. Next thing you will begin thanking GEJ for the weather. Where were you when Gbenga Daniel and Ohakim were being lauded by GEJ?
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by RexyDon(m): 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2011
I think EFCC are doing their job. But it will only be credible or otherwise when the end shall justifies the means.
Lets watch and see! I doubt the process cuz it'll soon fade away.
Re: EFCC arrests Former Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2011
I laugh in Niger delta, kan switch to Yoruba, Oya make I drink palm wine I they come
Useless bunches of people, efcc is the most stupid messs that ever came out of Africa in a whole, useless ingrate, anuofias, oloshi, were, konidafunyin
Stop the games and stop pulling people's leg and let the newly elected officials get to business, cause all what everyone is doing now, is whiling away time, and pointing out the ex robbers, and before u knw it four years is gone, n we will be back at the same nonsense, ELECTION
Whereas cases will be forgotten, files will be burn, and 6 month imprisonment for each officials, while wile away our time? undecided angry shocked sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obj Is Dead ( Cnn) / Best Hotels In Owerri? / Hausa Man Show Ambition To Run For Gubernatorial Election In Anambra (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.