Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands (14452 Views)

Harvard Puntin University (temp Room) / Harvard Business Article Praising Dangote's Oil Refinery / Hurry Up! African Aliance Private Placement Is On: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by okooyinbo(m): 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2011
cap28:

Gadaffi stumped up $300 million dollars to pay for a satellite system which has enabled africans to have access to cheap telecommunications throughout the continent.
Prior to that period Africa was leasing a european owned satellite for $500 million dollars  A YEAR, when african nations  tried to negotiate an outright sale which would break this cycle of exploitation europe merely made vague promises. it was Gadaffi who BROKE THAT CYCLE OF ENSLAVEMENT AND DEPENDENCY ON EUROPE FOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS,  something that rogue MKO Abiola couldnt acheive with his fraudulent ITT so please i dont know where you are getting this idea that Gadaffi is the enemy of africa.

I havent even laid out all the other financial donations he made to other african nations like Sierra Leone to help them with the economic rebuilding of their country after the war.

Also what about the fact that he wanted to introduce the gold dinar as africa's currency which would enable african nations to trade only in gold rather than in dollars or euros and which would give africa greater financial leverage over how much they sold their commodities?  are these the acts of a person who does not have the interest of the entire african continent at heart?

Please explain how he is part of the problem?  Is it the IMF and world bank that would prefer to keep africa submerged in debt that are our  friends?

You are quick to demonise and tar Gadaffi with unsubstantiated claims when his actions indicate that he is the complete opposite of what you are claiming.

Anyone that is not tolerant of other opinion is a tyrant. Gadaffi is a tyrant. Gadaffi knows all and all others are inferior. Do you see parallel in his behaviour and that of Saddam Hussein? Wether the West are right at trying to displace him or Saddam is not my wahala.

Cap, I am going to my mid 40s now and I believe I have witnessed a lot in this world. That bastard of a Gadaffi is partly responsible for so many coups d'etat and counter coups in Africa. The War in your example of Sierra Leone was partly sponsored by him. He has always tried to undermine African regimes that are against his views by sponsoring insurrections in this countries.

Was it not this same Gadaffi who went to war with Chad because of a piece of desert land supposedly containing deposit of Uranium?

Gadaffi is a demon, I do not need to demonize him.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by cap28: 1:54pm On Jun 14, 2011
okooyinbo:

The facts you just dugged up did not say anything about the economic situation in cuba. Have you been to that place? What is the average income of the people of Cuba? Can you freely travel in and out of Cuba as a Cuban citizen? Lets assume you can, how many can afford it? Can you form a free opinion in Cuba? Cuba while I acknowledge getting somethings right, is not the country to emulate when it comes to economic policies. Cuba society is also very corrupt if you dont know. The unemployment ratio despite their low population is as high as in Nigeria.

the points you have raised here could easily be directed at america  and a few other european nations - lets take america as an example - it is currently running a deficit of $14 trillion dollars - it is on the brink of bankruptcy - if not for all the treasury bills that China, europe and japan buy from it, it would not be able to function - is that your idea of a successful economy?

america has been unable to provide a comprehensive health care programme to its 300 million citizens but Cuba has - why is that?

unemployment in america is rising very rapidly - it has outsourced the bulk of its manufacturing industry to china and other far eastern countries resulting in high unemployment - is that an economic model to emulate?

freedom of speech in america is fast being eroded - the right to habeas corpus has been suspended from the american constitution - is that your idea of a free and democratic society?

dont even get me started on corruption - why are lobbyists who work for big business in america so powerful?
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2011
geniuscity:

This is the same message America's Secretary of State, Hilary Clinton just passed across yesterday. "Africans should be wary of Colonialism creeping in again in a disguised manner from developed nations. Africans desperately needs Education. I am afraid to say that we can't afford to be further exploited and colonized by the whites. Sad, Sad, Sad.
Abeg forget that woman she"s not our friend.She will say one thing today and say another thing tommorow.She"s among those americans fighting for a huge US military base in africa.Hillary Clinton and her vampire gang are hell bent in turning africa into a US military fortress and she is yakking about colonialism.I prefer the clown Sarah Palin to Hillary Clinton the fox because Palin is harmless but Hillary is cunning and dangerious.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by olapluto(m): 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2011
Ghaddafi is a tyrant, but Libya was a haven before the war! The day Nigeria has a leader the west do not like, that day NIgeria starts to move back on the straight road. Today its land grabbing, yesterday  it was oil blocks being dashed to foreigners for tokens. I think the day we all wake up and support ourselves against a common enemy, that day, we become liberated. Gbagbo vs Qattara was hot. UN never encouraged peace deals. French commandoes moved in to oust a sitting president. Now Ivoriens are enemies divided North vs South. But the French currency is still in use by both sides. Africans fight each other, West gains from it.  Libyan rebels agitating against government, NATO arms them and destroys Libya's military capacity.
Anywhere you spot trouble in Africa, look closely and you will see its between one force trying to protect its people's integrity and another force trying to despoil its people to please the Westerners
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by okooyinbo(m): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
cap28:

the points you have raised here could easily be directed at america  and a few other european nations - lets take america as an example - it is currently running a deficit of $14 trillion dollars - it is on the brink of bankruptcy - if not for all the treasury bills that China, europe and japan buy from it, it would not be able to function - is that your idea of a successful economy?

america has been unable to provide a comprehensive health care programme to its 300 million citizens but Cuba has - why is that?

unemployment in america is rising very rapidly - it has outsourced the bulk of its manufacturing industry to china and other far eastern countries resulting in high unemployment - is that an economic model to emulate?

freedom of speech in america is fast being eroded - the right to habeas corpus has been suspended from the american constitution - is that your idea of a free and democratic society?

dont even get me started on corruption - why are lobbyists who work for big business in america so powerful?

Good points there! However, rarely does any "sane" nation wants to copy Cuba. That the Americans are spending big and running on deficit is not arguement in support of Cuba. Any govt that places an embargo on its own people going out to see the world is bound to fail in the long run. BTW, the Cubans are already opening up albeit at very low key. Before, there was no private ownership of properties in Cuba, now the govt has loosen it grip on that. You can now as a Cuban citizen own a business. Even if this opening are just in some few sectors, atleast it's a start. If Cuba were a paradise, the Government of Cuba would not open up. You know that tourism is big business in Cuba I suppose. The Government has allowed foreign investors into that territory, because it does not have the means to make the necessary infrastructural development needed. Cuba is not that appropriate country to emulate. If you want to emulate, emulate the winners. And China is a Winner, America despite it economical problems, is still a BIG BIG Winner. There is a Yoruba adage that says: Ogbon ologbon kii je a pe agba ni were - because of our ability to learn from other we grow in knowledge. When you do Benchmarking, you indeed benchmark the best of their classes, not the worst. That's my point!
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by cap28: 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2011
okooyinbo:

Anyone that is not tolerant of other opinion is a tyrant. Gadaffi is a tyrant. Gadaffi knows all and all others are inferior. Do you see parallel in his behaviour and that of Saddam Hussein? Wether the West are right at trying to displace him or Saddam is not my wahala.

If by intolerance you mean dissenting opinion then i agree with you - but what is happening in Libya is nothing to do with a group of dissenters but a concerted plan financed and orchestrated by the united states, the united kingdom and france to annex an entire nation in order to control its oil and banking system - Libya is the only african nation whose central bank operates totally independently of the european and american owned international financial banking system.
a group of MI6 and CIA trained  thugs went around shooting up police and army depots and killing military personnel and you say Gadaffi should have folded his arms and watched abi?
why dont you try shooting up a police station in germany and see what will happen to you?

Cap, I am going to my mid 40s now and I believe I have witnessed a lot in this world. That naughty person of a Gadaffi is partly responsible for so many coups d'etat and counter coups in Africa. The War in your example of Sierra Leone was partly sponsored by him. He has always tried to undermine African regimes that are against his views by sponsoring insurrections in this countries.

Was Gaddaffi responsible for killing Lumumba of Congo?

how about the removal of Kwame Nkrumah and the assassination of  Murtala Muhammed and  Thomas Sankara because the last time i checked these were all CIA, MI6 and French intelligence sponsored operations.

Was it not this same Gadaffi who went to war with Chad because of a piece of desert land supposedly containing deposit of Uranium?

Do you want me to start listing the number of countries america and britain have waged war on in order to appropriate their natural resources, the list is so long it will fill pages and pages.

Gadaffi is a demon, I do not need to demonize him.

According to which facts is he a demon ?- the facts given to you by euroopean and american owned media or arrived at through your own analysis and understanding of the facts?
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by okooyinbo(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2011
ola_pluto:

Ghaddafi is a tyrant, but Libya was a haven before the war! The day Nigeria has a leader the west do not like, that day NIgeria starts to move back on the straight road. Today its land grabbing, yesterday  it was oil blocks being dashed to foreigners for tokens. I think the day we all wake up and support ourselves against a common enemy, that day, we become liberated. Gbagbo vs Qattara was hot. UN never encouraged peace deals. French commandoes moved in to oust a sitting president. Now Ivoriens are enemies divided North vs South. But the French currency is still in use by both sides. Africans fight each other, West gains from it.  Libyan rebels agitating against government, NATO arms them and destroys Libya's military capacity.
Anywhere you spot trouble in Africa, look closely and you will see its between one force trying to protect its people's integrity and another force trying to despoil its people to please the Westerners

Did the West like Abacha? Although I left Nigeria already at his time, however, the news that reached me here was that he was sanctioned by the WEST for killing peaceful Activists demonstrating against Western Company (Shell n Co.) destruction of their ancestral land.  And I never heard news that Nigeria was becoming the envy of the world. All I heard was extra judicial killings here, kangaroo court there.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2011
okooyinbo:

Did the West like Abacha? Although I left Nigeria already at his time, however, the news that reached me here was that he was sanctioned by the WEST for killing peaceful Activists demonstrating against Western Company (Shell n Co.) destruction of their ancestral land. And I never heard news that Nigeria was becoming the envy of the world. All I heard was extra judicial killings here, kangaroo court there.
Abacha was still doing business with the West and all that about a sanction was just a smokescreen.The western oil companies in nigeria were still very much in operation under the Abacha regime and many westerners nodded in approval in the iron fist that Abacha gripped nigeria.They only came tongue in cheek b4 the camera condeming Abacha but behind closed scene they were doing business with Abacha.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by morpheus24: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2011
violent:

Companies are established to make only one thing!---Profit, pure and simple!. . . Ethics are the reasons we have churches, mosques and our mums.

The definition of Ethics and responsibility is that of the government!. . .Goldman Sachs is one of the biggest Investment Banks in the world, and if there's anything GS is known for, it is that their unethical ways of conducting business!

A business man gives no shyt about ethics, as a matter of facts, ethics on several cases only come in the way of business and where crude profits could be made.  The government ought to recognize this fact and enforce business rules to ensure that business don't operate out of ethical codes.  In cases where the government fails in his responsibility to do this, you can hardly apportion blames to businesses.

It's simple, if you don't tell me not to do it, I will simply assume that it isn't wrong and i'd go ahead to do it anyway, as long as it brings in cold cash for me!---that's business my friend, nothing personal!

@ violent

I agree with most of your previous posts cept this one regarding ethics. It is extremely important to note that companies cannot make a profit without taking something away from the societies they operate in. Therefore in order to be given the PRIVILEDGE and consent to function within these societies that often have moral, legal and natural rights of resources, an[b] EVEN [/b] and ethical exchange is required.

Exploitation must be compensated accordingly and in this is way the concept of ETHICs becomes necessary in business. It is not necessarily driven by religious or sentimental thinking but intrinsinc moral values we are born with.

The issue regarding this matter then becomes what sort of deal are Africans via their government getting out of this. Is it fair and equitable? Does it recognize and tackle the issue of long term sustainable growth via transfers of technology and expertise.

Our suspicions and distrusts stem from our perception of our so called representatives_ Government who are supposed to act in our interests. Therefore the solution lies in continuing to ask questions and inquire about details concerning these deals. The days of secret hand shakes are over in this information age.  The past century has seen Africa excluded from the global trade arena and this has stifled growth and created barriers for advancement. It is necessary to intergrate but advance cautiously so as not be over exploited. It is paramont that we do this for our long term survival.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by okooyinbo(m): 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2011
cap28:

If by intolerance you mean dissenting opinion then i agree with you - but what is happening in Libya is nothing to do with a group of dissenters but a concerted plan financed and orchestrated by the united states, the united kingdom and france to annex an entire nation in order to control its oil and banking system - Libya is the only african nation whose central bank operates totally independently of the european and american owned international financial banking system.
a group of MI6 and CIA trained  thugs went around shooting up police and army depots and killing military personnel and you say Gadaffi should have folded his arms and watched abi?
why dont you try shooting up a police station in germany and see what will happen to you?

Was Gaddaffi responsible for killing Lumumba of Congo?

how about the removal of Kwame Nkrumah and the assassination of  Murtala Muhammed and  Thomas Sankara because the last time i checked these were all CIA, MI6 and French intelligence sponsored operations.

Do you want me to start listing the number of countries america and britain have waged war on in order to appropriate their natural resources, the list is so long it will fill pages and pages.

According to which facts is he a demon ?- the facts given to you by euroopean and american owned media or arrived at through your own analysis and understanding of the facts?

Cap, I think we should just stop this comparisons. Gadaffi is a demon. He was working for his own selfish interest to be the Emperor of Africa just as the Oyinbo people are working to protect their own interest. Africans are even the worst enemies of Africans if you want to go along that line.

BTW, how can you put up such a question wether Gadaffi was responsible for the death of Lumumba? That a shame! Anyway, wether you like it or not, Gadaffi in my opinion is a demon. Given the chance, he would sell you Africans to the highest bidder. Or were you not alive when he signed the treaty with the EU to stop you Africans from entering Europe? That's your "Yampion". He was getting "CASH" despite his oil wealth and recognition from his "percieved enemies and enemies of Africa" for stopping his "beloved" Africans from coming near the border of "stronghold Europe". He never mind whatever means imployed. His take was these "damned" Africans will be stopped. He is a demon. I do not like pretentious people and least a "pretentious African".
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by olapluto(m): 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2011
If you want military strikes like Libya's on NIgeria in 2 months time, do the following:
1. Harness all profit from NIGERIAN oil into Nigeria
2. Remove all expats and replace with qualified Nigerians
3. Stop taking loans from western 'ponzy' banks
4. Start building a susteinable economy without western inputs
5. Start feeding Nigerians and increasing our standard of living.
6. Start repaying all loans
7. Block any avenue to steal from Nigerian wealth.
Do the few things above Mr Jonathan and you will become a 'tyrant' to the BBC. Mandela was a terrorist according to BBC. After doing those things above, Mr Jonathan will then be put in same class as the Mugabes and Ghaddafis.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by cap28: 2:43pm On Jun 14, 2011
ola_pluto:

If you want military strikes like Libya's on NIgeria in 2 months time, do the following:
1. Harness all profit from NIGERIAN oil into Nigeria
2. Remove all expats and replace with qualified Nigerians
3. Stop taking loans from western 'ponzy' banks
4. Start building a susteinable economy without western inputs
5. Start feeding Nigerians and increasing our standard of living.
6. Start repaying all loans
7. Block any avenue to steal from Nigerian wealth.
Do the few things above Mr Jonathan and you will become a 'tyrant' to the BBC. Mandela was a terrorist according to BBC. After doing those things above, Mr Jonathan will then be put in same class as the Mugabes and Ghaddafis.

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by okooyinbo(m): 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2011
morpheus24:

@ violent

I agree with most of your previous posts cept this one regarding ethics. It is extremely important to note that companies cannot make a profit without taking something away from the societies they operate in. Therefore in order to be given the PRIVILEDGE and consent to function within these societies that often have moral, legal and natural rights of resources, an[b] EVEN [/b] and ethical exchange is required.

Exploitation must be compensated accordingly and in this is way the concept of ETHICs becomes necessary in business. It is not necessarily driven by religious or sentimental thinking but intrinsinc moral values we are born with.

The issue regarding this matter then becomes what sort of deal are Africans via their government getting out of this. Is it fair and equitable? Does it recognize and tackle the issue of long term sustainable growth via transfers of technology and expertise.

Our suspicions and distrusts stem from our perception of our so called representatives_ Government who are supposed to act in our interests. Therefore the solution lies in continuing to ask questions and inquire about details concerning these deals. The days of secret hand shakes are over in this information age.  The past century has seen Africa excluded from the global trade arena and this has stifled growth and created barriers for advancement. It is necessary to intergrate but advance cautiously so as not be over exploited. It is paramont that we do this for our long term survival.

Morpheus, thank o jare. Nothing should be left to the "invisible hand" of Adam Smith without no control. Tranpareny as you rightly said should be the watchword. The fallacy we Nigerians (I do not what to think all Africans think alike, so I will restrain myself to Nigeria) often makes is: We no dey carry last. However, the facts on ground suggest otherwise. The Oyinbo people have greater experience at negotiation. They know your psych, and very important they understand their language better than you. Since the memorandum is written in their language, they are always at an edge over you. But make I no deviate sha.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by okooyinbo(m): 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
cap28:

GBAM!!!!!!!!!!!
Gbam ko, gbamu ni! LOL

Most of what you enumerated was implemented in the late seventies through the indegenisation policy. BTW, where are the Nigerian experts you want to use to replace the foreigners? Dont tell me you are talking about the graduates from the delapidated glorified secondary schools aka in Nigeria as Unifasiti. Or maybe you meant the diasporean Nigerians. Dont even go there.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by buzugee(m): 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2011
you guys can talk till you are blue in the face. still will not change the course of history. ladies and gentlemen we are living a prophesy. we are fulfilling a prophesy. the raping of africa will go on till this phase of life on earth passes on and ushers in the next phase. heaven on earth. you nimrods have brought all this on yourselves by worshipping
1. sango
2.obatala
3, mami water
4, human sacrifices
5, juju
6, voodoo

cuz of this you have been left exposed. butt nekkid. left to the whims of your enemy. babylon, the edomites, the philistines, the amalekites, the tyreans. in modern day these people have all morphed into europeans and arabs. take your ass whooping and pillaging like a real man  grin bellyaching wouldnt alleviate the pain. cheesy
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by monopolist: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2011
The fraudulent land deals can be revoked by the Government of those Nations.

3 Major Challenging Competitors of Commercial Plantation Agriculture in Africa are

1. Banks-backed Real Estate Property Development Companies

2. Foreign Corporations and Institutions grabing cheap farmlands

3. Climate Change

Get a Plantation Plan today and establish your own Plantation before the farmlands FINISH: kingolusola@gmail.com
Food For Life Project
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by okooyinbo(m): 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2011
buzugee:

you guys can talk till you are blue in the face. still will not change the course of history. ladies and gentlemen we are living a prophesy. we are fulfilling a prophesy. the despoiling of africa will go on till this phase of life on earth passes on and ushers in the next phase. heaven on earth. you nimrods have brought all this on yourselves by worshipping
1. sango
2.obatala
3, mami water
4, human sacrifices
5, juju
6, voodoo

cuz of this you have been left exposed. butt nekkid. left to the whims of your enemy. babylon, the edomites, the philistines, the amalekites, the tyreans. in modern day these people have all morphed into europeans and arabs. take your backside whooping and pillaging like a real man  grin bellyaching wouldnt alleviate the pain. cheesy

I mean I do not like to insult people, but who is this ? So the Japanese, the Chinese, the Koreans that are also worshiping Idols are doomed isn't? Please use your head. If you are a true Muslim or a genuine Christian, you should not be buying products made in China, Japan, Korea, India etc. In every of their premises where these products are manufactured, they have shrine dedicated to their own Shango, Obatala etc. pp. Get knowledge my friend. Olodo grin, so you are happy that a few people are drinking the milk and enjoying the honey flowing from mother Africa abi? tongue
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by cap28: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2011
okooyinbo:

Cap, I think we should just stop this comparisons. Gadaffi is a demon. He was working for his own selfish interest to be the Emperor of Africa just as the Oyinbo people are working to protect their own interest. Africans are even the worst enemies of Africans if you want to go along that line.

Africa is better off aligning with Gadaffi than with the IMF, world bank, europe or america - look at Iraq and Afghanistan - I can see how much they have gained since america occupied their countries.

Even Egypt which thought that it had a revolution a few months ago is back to square one with a military dictatorship now being run by the former head of Egypt's notorious and dreaded secret service.  The americans have just concluded a deal in which the Egyptians have signed up to an IMF loan that will plunge them into more debt and suffering - is that your idea of progress?

BTW, how can you put up such a question wether Gadaffi was responsible for the death of Lumumba? That a shame! Anyway, wether you like it or not, Gadaffi in my opinion is a demon. Given the chance, he would sell you Africans to the highest bidder. Or were you not alive when he signed the treaty with the EU to stop you Africans from entering Europe? That's your "Yampion". He was getting "CASH" despite his oil wealth and recognition from his "percieved enemies and enemies of Africa" for stopping his "beloved" Africans from coming near the border of "stronghold Europe". He never mind whatever means imployed. His take was these "damned" Africans will be stopped. He is a demon. I do not like pretentious people and least a "pretentious African".

I used Lumumba as an example to show you that your criticisms of Gaddafi are unfounded - is it not the americans and belgians that murdered lumumba so that they could have total control over the mining region in eastern congo?

yes, Gadaffi signed a treaty on immigration with europe, but i notice you have failed to criticise the europeans who paid him over 500 million euro to keep africans out of their countries, why are you pointing fingers at Gadaffi alone, it takes more than one party to secure an agreement you know?

The europeans are not our friends and seek our demise at every turn, as i said if i have to choose between alligning with the europeeans or Gadaffi i will chose Gadaffi becuase he has demonstrated through his actions that he is interested in the economic independence of the african continent.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by buzugee(m): 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2011
okooyinbo:

I mean I do not like to insult people, but who is this ? So the Japanese, the Chinese, the Koreans that are also worshiping Idols are doomed isn't? Please use your head. If you are a true Muslim or a genuine Christian, you should not be buying products made in China, Japan, Korea, India etc. In every of their premises where these products are manufactured, they have shrine dedicated to their own Shango, Obatala etc. pp. Get knowledge my friend.
so what part of chinese life, korean life and japanese life do you think is Godly and cushy and nice ? see the problem with small minded people like you ? you worship things made by man. what exactly is going on in those places (were the suicide rate is the highest in the world) that you think needs emulating and deserves envy ?
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by morpheus24: 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2011
cap28:

unemployment in america is rising very rapidly - it has outsourced the bulk of its manufacturing industry to china and other far eastern countries resulting in high unemployment - [b]is that an economic model to emulate?[/b]

Regarding the bolded a free market system will always source factors of production where it can maximize output. Neo merchantilist would argue in your favour regarding protecting industry and labor in America to tackle employment but the fact of the matter is in an open economy and global arena that very action will inevitably fail in the long run as exemplified in the US post great depression attempt in trying to protect domestic companies.

China's comparative advantage in cheap labour requires that in comparative terms it be the hub for manufacturing goods in a global trade arena. The US comparative advantage in new technologies, capital and innovation requires that it concentrate on this[b] FACTOR ENDOWMENT [/b] to export to the world. In the short term workers with less desirable skills will be elimitated from the system and will either become obsolete or will need to retrain to take on new jobs that are created and in the long term this is will be sustainable growth for he US economy.

The US/Europe account for about 1/3rd of the entire worlds total consumption rate. It therefore cannot be discounted as a leading power in driving growth.  If its consumption rate slows down world trade will slow down and the so called manufacturing emerging markets will not be able to sustain their own growth. Who will they export their products to. Their consumption figures are way below that of the US's. China, Brazil and India are vested in the long term performance of US as much as the US is vested in the manufacturing capabilities of China.

The economic model of the US needs to be tweeked to account for problems within its chosen system. These problems stem from the consumption patterns of the US in terms of net consumption vs net savings and net investment and the underlying issue of Corporate power in influencing Government commitment to social protections.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by morpheus24: 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2011
buzugee:

you guys can talk till you are blue in the face. still will not change the course of history. ladies and gentlemen we are living a prophesy. we are fulfilling a prophesy. the despoiling of africa will go on till this phase of life on earth passes on and ushers in the next phase. heaven on earth. you nimrods have brought all this on yourselves by worshipping
1. sango
2.obatala
3, mami water
4, human sacrifices
5, juju
6, voodoo

cuz of this you have been left exposed. butt nekkid. left to the whims of your enemy. babylon, the edomites, the philistines, the amalekites, the tyreans. in modern day these people have all morphed into europeans and arabs. take your backside whooping and pillaging like a real man grin bellyaching wouldnt alleviate the pain. cheesy

I think you've been listening too much to those black hebrew Israelite chaps don't you think?
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by buzugee(m): 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2011
dunno why yall africans are posessive anyway. tis not like yall using the land for anything sef. every country in the world is selling huge chunks of itself for outsiders to come and pour their sweat and blood into and develop it while they (the country that sold ) earn some cash from it. God forbid nigeria sell muritala mohammed airpot to some oyinbo investor, i bet half of you on here would commit suicide while screaming colonialism. the same cretins were applauding when a nigerian and his bidness partners bought gatwick. the common sentiment was that ' he is making us proud' gerrout of here yall nimrods  grin bellyaching like a lil beyachhhh
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by buzugee(m): 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2011
morpheus24:

I think you've been listening too much to those black hebrew Israelite chaps don't you think?
shalom my nubian brother grin grin
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by okooyinbo(m): 3:11pm On Jun 14, 2011
buzugee:

so what part of chinese life, korean life and japanese life do you think is Godly and cushy and nice ? see the problem with small minded people like you ? you worship things made by man. what exactly is going on in those places (were the suicide rate is the highest in the world) that you think needs emulating and deserves envy ?

Ori e! Is Islam and Christianity not man made? You are the narrow minded here. That's actually the trait of "religious" people especially the Judaists, Christians and Moslems. They think they possess the "absolute truth" whereas the opposite is the case. Go give tithe jo, and stop derailing the thread with your religious SAKASIMU grin.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by buzugee(m): 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
okooyinbo:

Ori e! Is Islam and Christianity not man made? You are the narrow minded here. That's actually the trait of "religious" people especially the Judaists, Christians and Moslems. They think they possess the "absolute truth" whereas the opposite is the case. Go give tithe jo, and stop derailing the thread with your religious SAKASIMU grin.
funny grin. i am not a christian by the way. neither am i a muslim.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by buzugee(m): 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2011
when i was in chicago, the city of chicago sold all its parking meters (about 5000 i think) to an arab company operating out of the middle east. is that colonialism or bidness ?

daley is currently in the process of trying to sell the train systems in chicago to chinese investors.

its the new world order baby. get with it
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by violent(m): 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2011
morpheus24:

@ violent

You probably took more meanings to the religious part of my statements than i intended to portray.  Of course, looking at things from a consumer point of view, ethics is important for the soceity at large, when businesses adhere to strict code of ethics, as consumers, we benefit!
What about from a business owner's point of view?. . .A business's aim is to maximize profit, and yes, even if that mean that the rest of the society has to be at the recieving end.  

Is this practise healthy?----absolutely not!. . .just the reality, cold and simple!

I remember while working at 7up botltling company for my Industrial attachment in my undergrad.  I witnessed a situation where some dudes were told to offload a full truck full of sugar at the price of 5 naira per sack carried. . .boy, when I'm talking of sack, you should be thinking of something in the range of 35kg.  This is unethical and exploitative from a consumer point of view, but the managers sees it as cold business.  Their objective is to maximise shareholders profit as best as they can, even if that meant going against code of ethics, as long as they aren't caught in the process.

Again, is this a good thing?---depends on which side of the coin you' re on!!!

Goldmansachs pays it's shareholders returns that dwarf other businesses in its categories, Goldmansachs engage in lot's of internal trading and sells products that are often times misleading to customers---is this practise healthy?  from a consumer's point of view, it's a horrible thing to do, but if i were sitting on the board and my take home pay is tied closely with every little profit made by the company, why should i care if the government isn't saying a thing?

Oceanic bank gives out large loans without due process, it makes money from keeping it's high networth client's loyal and it realizes their are good chances that these customers might be lost to competition if not satisfied.  What do this customers want?. . .loans without collateral and a system that keeps EFCC away from investigating their accounts.  If granted, the bank will be going against standard ethics, but the bank knowing fully well that it is in it to maximise profit and keep customers loyal, goes against this ethics anyway, afterall, the government is not looking!!!!
Is this a good thing?  from a consumer point of view, absolutely not, it's horrible for the bank to play games with people's deposit and overleverage themselves.  From the Bank's point of view, why should we care, we are making good money and the government is not complaining. . . win win for us!!!

Again. ethics, though is a good thing for the society at large, is always a burden to Businesses and investors. . . .and if they find themselves in a place where the government does not enforce it's own rules, why the h'ell should they care?. . .they are in it for profit, plain cold and simple, the government should take care of its own!!!

If for example, it's a good thing for me to pay taxes like a good citizen should do, but if the government won't complain in a case where i refuse to pay taxes, why the hell should i pay taxes if i could keep it all to myself?.is it a good thing not to pay taxes . . from an ethical point of view, absolutely not!!!. . .but from my own point of view, why the hell should I?

It's the government responsibility to ensure that businesses adhere to strict codes of ethics and conduct, if the government does not live up to this responsibility, business owners have no imperative to give back to the society like they should!
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by okooyinbo(m): 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2011
buzugee:

funny  grin. i am not a christian by the way. neither am i a muslim.

Then you are the lost "son" of Judah abi Israeli ni?

BTW, the suicide rate in Greenland, Iceland, Norway and even USA per head dwarfs that of China, Japan, Korea. The chinese can afford to loose some more heads anyway. Dey just too many.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by buzugee(m): 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2011
britain sold its car company rover to the chinese for $1. by the time the british people realized what had happened, the chinese were on the next thing smoking out of britain
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by buzugee(m): 3:22pm On Jun 14, 2011
half of london is owned by arabs
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by buzugee(m): 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2011
okooyinbo:

Then you are the lost "son" of Judah abi Israeli ni?

BTW, the suicide rate in Greenland, Iceland, Norway and even USA per head dwarfs that of China, Japan, Korea. The chinese can afford to loose some more heads anyway. Dey just too many.
means those so called 'developed countries' are all smoke screens and mirrors if they are populated with people with depression, suicidal maniacs, and homicidal maniacs. thats a sign of turmoil in the undercurrent of those societies. nothing to emulate. nothing to envy.

oh yeah i am from the tribe of simeon cheesy shalom my brother. do me a favor. stay black.
Re: Africa Is Mumu Inc: Us Universities(Harvard et al) buying up African lands by morpheus24: 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2011
violent:

You probably took more meanings to the religious part of my statements than i intended to portray.  Of course, looking at things from a consumer point of view, ethics is important for the soceity at large, when businesses adhere to strict code of ethics, as consumers, we benefit!
What about from a business owner's point of view?. . .A business's aim is to maximize profit, and yes, even if that mean that the rest of the society has to be at the recieving end.  

Is this practise healthy?----absolutely not!. . .just the reality, cold and simple!

It is important to understand that businesses are subject to societal obligations as members of that society.  Reality is defined by those who choose to define its parameters. It is not necessarily the company's job to define these parameters which is why we have governments( a representative of the society). A case in point is the US which has numerous protection agencies that require these businessess adhere to the consent and requirements that assure over exploitation and manipulation for the greater good of the society.

violent:

I remember while working at 7up botltling company for my Industrial attachment in my undergrad.  I witnessed a situation where some dudes were told to offload a full truck full of sugar at the price of 5 naira per sack carried. . .boy, when I'm talking of sack, you should be thinking of something in the range of 35kg.  This is unethical and exploitative from a consumer point of view, but the managers sees it as cold business.  Their objective is to maximise shareholders profit as best as they can, even if that meant going against code of ethics, as long as they aren't caught in the process.
Again, is this a good thing?---depends on which side of the coin you' re on!!!

It doesn't depend on which side of the coin you are on. To clarify my point, If you caught a thief and the community of people living in your neighbourhood exerted jungle justice on this individual and burnt him alive. Would you consider that the right thing to do given that certain people in society accepted this form of justice or is it simply wrong to kill ?

All business is doing to transfering the burden of ethical behavior because they are simply kicking the can up the road. What sense does that make since you will inevitably face the adverse effects later on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Do I Need To Start A Microfinance Bank? / 40 Profitable Small Businesses In Nigeria Today / List of Top Management Consulting Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.