Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,408 members, 7,800,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Uche Nworah And Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Shine In Abuja And Lagos - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Uche Nworah And Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Shine In Abuja And Lagos (2794 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi-adichie Celebrates Her 38th Birthday Today / Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is now married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uche Nworah And Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Shine In Abuja And Lagos by Orikinla(m): 9:03pm On Jul 27, 2007
Uche Nworah and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Shine in Abuja and Lagos

I have to tell you of these two major literary events in Nigeria.

The first event was the book launch of Uche Nworah's The Long Harmattan Season held in Abuja, yesterday. Uche sent me an invitation, but the critical situation in the Niger Delta did not allow me to leave Bonny Island. Queen Ebong called me and said many bloggers in Nigeria were at the event.

The second event is still in progress in Lagos and that is the International Creative Writing Workshop, organised by Fidelity Bank, in partnership with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Binyavanga Wainaina, the gifted novelist from Kenya and winner of the Caine Prize for African writing in 2002. My Nigerian editor Adeleke Adeyemi is one of the 30 Nigerian writers selected for the workshop and I am looking forward to his progress report. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has kept her word on coordinating a writers workshop in Nigeria.
Re: Uche Nworah And Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Shine In Abuja And Lagos by doyin13(m): 9:57am On Jul 28, 2007
Men e be like say you dey mix in exalted company sha.

Keep it up and Best wishes
Re: Uche Nworah And Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Shine In Abuja And Lagos by SMC(f): 11:31am On Jul 28, 2007
How does any of this amount to shining on their part? tongue
Re: Uche Nworah And Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Shine In Abuja And Lagos by Ndipe(m): 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2007
"Exalted" company? why are they exalted, fame, money, connections? That should not make any difference in anybody's life.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Publish My Novel / Kizorita's Haven / Love Is Bitter, Seex Is Sweet - A Story By Naijapara Films

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.