Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? (7877 Views)

How To Play Online Games With MTN Bis / What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? / Free Game Prediction Software-football,online Games,e.t.c (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by EfeEkarume(m): 9:48am On Aug 18, 2011
Nigerian gamers are not used to it at all at all. Maybe that's why they like it the offline way which of course I do all the time.
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by avosoft: 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2011
{delete}
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2011
Even me in a yankish part of the world, as much as I like games, I much prefer a well written, well executed 1 player game (BioWare rulez) than an online time-waster because it just makes more sense to me and a 1 player game is less likely to insult my time. grin

In a 1 player world, I feel special. cheesy
What better way to totally detach me from the story than to have a quest saying "save me hero! you're our only hope!!" just to see that they are saying the same thing to 10 million other "heroes". I don't like to share tongue

In a 1 player world, I know things have been executed in a manner where I don't have to spend hours of my most precious time "grinding" before I get to the end of things.
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by AdeizaSama(m): 5:07am On Aug 25, 2011
I blame our broadband problems on the fact that Nigeria does not know how to handle technology. Just because mobile phones were introduced doesn't mean you should completely scrap land lines, we still had many more unexplored uses for it =/
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by Bawss1(m): 10:05am On Aug 25, 2011
2buff:

Even me in a yankish part of the world, as much as I like games, I much prefer a well written, well executed 1 player game (BioWare rulez) than an online time-waster because it just makes more sense to me and a 1 player game is less likely to insult my time.  grin

In a 1 player world, I feel special.  cheesy
What better way to totally detach me from the story than to have a quest saying "save me hero! you're our only hope!!" just to see that they are saying the same thing to 10 million other "heroes". I don't like to share  tongue

In a 1 player world, I know things have been executed in a manner where I don't have to spend hours of my most precious time "grinding" before I get to the end of things.

It's not always about saving the world you know. Don't you like playing or competing amongst your friends in tournament games?
There's an onscreen message in MW2 that says in effect; No one fights alone. Play with a friend in split screen or online. Very fitting quote for your case, no?  grin
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by Bawss1(m): 10:15am On Aug 25, 2011
AdeizaSama:

I blame our broadband problems on the fact that Nigeria does not know how to handle technology. Just because mobile phones were introduced doesn't mean you should completely scrap land lines, we still had many more unexplored uses for it =/

Obviously someone hasn't heard of mobile broadband. Anyways broadband isn't dependent on wired connections so the fact that there are fewer land lines in use today has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by kengeorge: 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2011
Swift 4g is your best bet for online gaming in naija now, I have been using it for over Six months now, and I can say authoritatively that its very very ok. I play Fifa 11, COD black ops and Undead Nightmare online. And talking about cost I think it is very affordable, Because I work monday to friday, i am on the swiftHome data plan for 6k/per month. this plan gives you 10gig data for one month, and you have access 6pm - 8am week days, 24 hours weekends and public holidays and its enough to do all my online gaming and browse. But I just changed to a new plan for 8k/per month (Swifthome plus).it has has all the characteristics listed above but with Unlimited data plan, i now watch live football on the internet. if u ever hook ur ps3 online, add me on kenosa1 or kengeorgewest.
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by ritchboy(m): 3:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
Swift "4G" is obviously a farce when they're still offering 512kbps - 2mbps. Ridiculous.
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by AdeizaSama(m): 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2011
Bawss1:

Obviously someone hasn't heard of mobile broadband. Anyways broadband isn't dependent on wired connections so the fact that there are fewer land lines in use today has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

Still, wouldn't the price/speed ratio be way less compared to mobile broadband?
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by Bawss1(m): 9:53am On Aug 26, 2011
ritchboy:

Swift "4G" is obviously a farce when they're still offering 512kbps - 2mbps. Ridiculous.

Been hearing a lot about Swift these days, didn't even know they claim to be 4G. Is it 4G as in LTE? Very funny people.

@AdeizaSama
Not exactly sure if wired broadband does lead to significant cost savings compared to wireless/mobile. Even though it is generally accepted that wired networks provide much better speeds as opposed to wireless, other countries have been able to implement very good wireless networks that deliver comparable if not matching broadband services. I mean, look at countries where the iphone 4 or Samsung Galaxy phones are officially available, they have networks that can support these bandwidth hungry mobile devices. If we had had such strong mobile services in this country then maybe the issue of online gaming would be dealt with. Wireless is still the way most Nigerians connect to the internet.
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by ritchboy(m): 11:03am On Aug 26, 2011
Bawss1:

Been hearing a lot about Swift these days, didn't even know they claim to be 4G. Is it 4G as in LTE? Very funny people.

They deployed a few WiMax base stations and started claiming "4G" with a max downlink of 2mbps cheesy

Even 3.6mbps 3G networks are obsolete. It's a disgrace!
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by Junior360(m): 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2011
The only ones that enjoy online gaming are those that use regular modems connected to wireless routers with required settings for a better, stronger network. We mostly use usb modems because they are cheaper. But like they say, always try something new. Do you know that wireless routers for usb modems exist? Go to amazon and type the keyword 'wireless 3g router' and see for yourself. So many to choose from especially those that support ps3,xbox 360 etc. Check on the info on the routers and reviews of those who used them. Have I tried it yet? No. So can you wait for me to put it to the test in 3 to 4 months in the coming year? If it works, then it will work for you too. My xbox 360 gamer tag is 'Y Krusher'.
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by ritchboy(m): 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2011
Junior360:

The only ones that enjoy online gaming are those that use regular modems connected to wireless routers with required settings for a better, stronger network. We mostly use usb modems because they are cheaper. But like they say, always try something new. Do you know that wireless routers for usb modems exist? Go to amazon and type the keyword 'wireless 3g router' and see for yourself. So many to choose from especially those that support ps3,xbox 360 etc. Check on the info on the routers and reviews of those who used them. Have I tried it yet? No. So can you wait for me to put it to the test in 3 to 4 months in the coming year? If it works, then it will work for you too. My xbox 360 gamer tag is 'Y Krusher'.

A wireless router is just an extra piece of hardware(for convenience), it won't improve the performance of the network in any way.
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by sajmark(m): 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
Cost of internet is kinda high,to me dats why Nigerians don't even look at online games twice...Am one of those Nigerians
Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 29, 2016
Ur a campaign storymode Boston skank grin
Even me in a yankish part of the world, as much as I like games, I much prefer a well written, well executed 1 player game (BioWare rulez) than an online time-waster because it just makes more sense to me and a 1 player game is less likely to insult my time. grin

In a 1 player world, I feel special. cheesy
What better way to totally detach me from the story than to have a quest saying "save me hero! you're our only hope!!" just to see that they are saying the same thing to 10 million other "heroes". I don't like to share tongue

Re: Why Most Nigerians Don't Play Online Games? by Poyesiji: 4:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
Vgstores.ng

(1) (2) (Reply)

Xbox Live Gamertags / Riddle For The Brilliant / Dream League Soccer Android Game Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.