Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker (7566 Views)

Breaking News: Ondo First Female Speaker, Deputy Impeached / Plateau State Assembly Elects Minority Member As Speaker / Tony -one-week Emerges Minority Leader In Anambra House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by Chyz2: 11:48pm On Jun 13, 2011
[size=15pt]Anambra house of assembly elects female speaker[/size]

By Our Correspondent

Monday, 13 Jun 2011

The Anambra State House of Assembly on Monday elected a female member, Mrs. Uche Nwaebili, of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, as its speaker.

Nwaebili, representing Ogbaru North, was elected after the inauguration of the seventh session of the assembly by Governor Peter Obi.

Mr. Chukwudi Orizu, also of APGA from Nnewi North, was elected as the deputy speaker.
[i][size=15pt]
The first female speaker of the assembly was Mrs. Eucharia Azodo, who was elected in 2003
[/size]
[/i]but was impeached a month later for her alleged role in the kidnap of then Anambra State Governor, Dr. Chris Ngige.

The other female head of a state legislature in the current dispensation is Mrs. Monsurat Sunmonu, who is the speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201106131949596
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by aloyemeka1: 11:53pm On Jun 13, 2011
Copying Oyo state, huh?. Emulation is good sha. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by adejoro76: 11:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Copying Oyo state, huh?. Emulation is good sha. tongue tongue tongue

You are foolish
What has darkness to do with light?
You know see Igbo woman we don dey on top before dem born you?
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by aloyemeka1: 11:58pm On Jun 13, 2011
Any Igbo woman speaker before?. I know of Igbo woman governor[unelected tho] and I think the first female senator is Igbo but no igbo female state SPEAKER and they copied it from Oyo.
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by adejoro76: 12:00am On Jun 14, 2011
Yu are really foolish
So women who later became senators from other zones also copied from Igbos who were there first?
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by aloyemeka1: 12:01am On Jun 14, 2011
adejoro74.:

Yu are really foolish
So women who  later became senators from other zones also copied from Igbos who were there first?

We are talking of the speaker position for now.
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by T9ksy(m): 12:03am On Jun 14, 2011
Aji sebi ti Oyo lan ri, Oyo o sebi ti baba enikan!

We only witness those who wants to copy us but we don't copy anyone!!  grin
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by aloyemeka1: 12:05am On Jun 14, 2011
T9ksy:

Aji sebi ti Oyo lan ri, Oyo o sebi ti baba enikan!

We only witness those who wants to copy us but we don't copy anyone!!  grin

So in essence Yourbas invented looting since Bode George and Bankole are Yorubas and Yorubas do not copy anyone?
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by HighChief4(m): 12:07am On Jun 14, 2011
^^^Good question and I demand an answer to that
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by Obiagu1(m): 12:08am On Jun 14, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Any Igbo woman speaker before?. I know of Igbo woman governor[unelected tho] and I think the first female senator is Igbo but no igbo female state SPEAKER and they copied it from Oyo.

Did you even read the post?

Chyz*:

[size=15pt]Anambra house of assembly elects female speaker[/size]

By Our Correspondent

Monday, 13 Jun 2011

The Anambra State House of Assembly on Monday elected a female member, Mrs. Uche Nwaebili, of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, as its speaker.

Nwaebili, representing Ogbaru North, was elected after the inauguration of the seventh session of the assembly by Governor Peter Obi.

Mr. Chukwudi Orizu, also of APGA from Nnewi North, was elected as the deputy speaker.

[size=15pt]The first female speaker of the assembly was Mrs. Eucharia Azodo, who was elected in 2003[/size] but was impeached a month later for her alleged role in the kidnap of then Anambra State Governor, Dr. Chris Ngige.

The other female head of a state legislature in the current dispensation is Mrs. Monsurat Sunmonu, who is the speaker of the Oyo State House of Assembly.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201106131949596
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by adejoro76: 12:10am On Jun 14, 2011
AloyEmeka is one crazy, head-knocking dude
T9ksy, in his bid to claim some fake superiority, has dug himself into a shythole
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by adejoro76: 12:11am On Jun 14, 2011
So Emeka did you read the post to see that Anambra had been there before Oyo? You are an intellectually lazy cyber warrior.
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by aloyemeka1: 12:13am On Jun 14, 2011
adejoro74.:

So Emeka did you read the post to see that Anambra had been there before Oyo? You are an intellectually lazy cyber warrior.

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by adejoro76: 12:19am On Jun 14, 2011
^^^^
I forgive your ignorance shocked shocked shocked tongue tongue tongue
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by b0dnel: 12:34am On Jun 14, 2011
[size=18pt]Aloy/Emeka goffed[/size]
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by T9ksy(m): 12:46am On Jun 14, 2011
adejoro74.:

AloyEmeka is one crazy, head-knocking dude
T9ksy, in his bid to claim some fake superiority, has dug himself into a shythole

Listen right, personally i do not believe in all these superiority/inferiority nonsense.
Am just repeating an old yoruba adage. However way you chose to interpret my post is your prerogative.
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by Desola(f): 12:54am On Jun 14, 2011
awon copy cattarh, grin grin
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by olaolabiy: 1:12am On Jun 14, 2011
Desola:

awon copy cattarh,  grin grin
grin

Mama ni yen oo.

How far ma?

Omo Yoruba ni emi na  o. SWAGGER! cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by Desola(f): 1:17am On Jun 14, 2011
Ola Olabiyi,

esa yi po ju o, grin
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by olaolabiy: 1:22am On Jun 14, 2011
Desola:

Ola Olabiyi,

esa yi po ju o, grin

Mama, ko p'oju oo. grin

I have been fascinated by your comments on this forum.

Your posts are always passion-laden. And, you have such a good grasp of Yoruba and English.

You are one strong lady.

I would like to know you better sha. Okay. I hope that's cool cool

SWAGGER joo.
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by Desola(f): 1:28am On Jun 14, 2011
Ola Olabiy,

O de mu ori mi wu. Infact, bi eni ba gun eshin koja ninu mi bayi, ko ni kose. grin

Oro Oodua ma n je mi lokan gidigan ni and that's why you see the "pashon" through my posts.

As per mi mora, well, a kii mora ju bayi na lo now, grin
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by olaolabiy: 1:34am On Jun 14, 2011
Desola:

As per mi mora, well, a kii mora ju bayi na lo now,  grin

Mo fe ko ju bayii lo o.  wink

Are you in Naija or . . .?

Don't forget: I gotta swagger too.
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by olaolabiy: 1:45am On Jun 14, 2011
Desola don run? angry angry
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by Chyz2: 3:00am On Jun 14, 2011
[size=15pt]Anambra gets second female Speaker[/size]

By Nwanosike Onu 2 hours 58 minutes ago

•As court injunction stops five lawmakers

THE Anambra State House of Assembly has elected another female legislator from Ogbaru II State Constituency Princess Chinwe Nwebili as its Speaker.

Princess Claire succeeds Anayo Nebe.

The fifth session of the 30- membe members from the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Accord Party (AP) and Labour Party (LP).

APGA, which produced the Speaker yesterday in a unanimous vote, has 16 members.

However, only 25 of the 30 members were sworn in yesterday.Some former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmakers went to court to stop the swearing in of some of the new members.

There was heavy deployment of security operatives in the Assembly complex. About 300 operatives were scrutinising guests and the legislators.

Acting Clerk of the House, Pius Udoh, said only 25 lawmakers would be sworn in because of a subsisting court order restraining the Clerk from swearing in some of them.

The new Speaker was nominated by Chugbo Enwezor (Onitsha North I Constituency) while her deputy, Prince Chukwudi Orizu (Nnewi North), was nominated by Nicky Ugochukwu (Orumba South).

Princess Nwebili thanked the members and promised to have a cordial working relationship with Governor Peter Obi administration.

Obi urged the House to make quality laws that would facilitate the development of the state.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/9280-anambra-gets-second-female-speaker.html
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by cgift(m): 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2011
But when will all these tribal wars on NL end ? people don't seem to be growing in wisdom and maturity. What is happening to our youths?
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by unongu(m): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2011
The tribal war over who produced the first female speaker is needless. Female Speakers have come and gone in the past (Anambra, Benue, et al), however, what we shld all be concerned about is their inputs in government and overall development strides achieved over time. Lets all pray for more female speakers (unlike Pat Etteh) who will surpass our male counterparts and do us proud.
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by mallorca(m): 1:01pm On Jun 14, 2011
Goodnews
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by badlaw(f): 1:35pm On Jun 14, 2011
ALOY/EMEKA : shocked shocked IS A COPYING NAME SURE I KNOW FROM HIS WORDS shocked shocked so let the lazy cyber warrior.
continue to run his mouth on what he know nothing about. where and who are the Oyoans in Nigeria history to bring month to the
GREAT PEOPLE OF ANAMBRAIANS.not to talk of copying oyo, hahahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i dey laugh in igbo,hausa and tiv .
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by halfcurrent(m): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2011
cgift:

But when will all these tribal wars on NL end ? people don't seem to be growing in wisdom and maturity. What is happening to our youths?

I really wonder o my brother! its even more worrisome when youths, young men and women engage in such meaningless fights. At the slightest opportunity serious threads and discussions on NL get reduced to tribal fighting. na waaooo!!
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2011
cgift:

when Nigeria ends.
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by jedisco(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2011
stvpid yooroobas- typical cowardly behaviour
Re: Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker by azeezengr(m): 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2011
I wonder wether Nigeria exists at all, what do you think about being tribal extremist but unconcerned about being Nigerian? I can't understand,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Judgement Against Rivers APC Guber Candidate, Tonye Cole / We Are Sustaining Electricity Subsidy For 85% Consumers – FG / Sanusi Wins Africa Person Of The Year By Forbes Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.