Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Nuclear Power Plant Begings 2011 In Nigeria [news] - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nuclear Power Plant Begings 2011 In Nigeria [news] (1104 Views)

Burnt Person Runs Out Of Chickason Gas Plant Explosion In Anambra (Video) / Alternative To Nigeria News Desk On Twitter / Successful Business Ideas For 2011 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuclear Power Plant Begings 2011 In Nigeria [news] by adomidoben: 12:45am On Jul 28, 2007
According to the Director-General of the Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission (NAEC), Dr Franklin Erepamo Osaisai said the cost of running a nuclear power plant was more cost effective than other technologies, though initial funding is usually capital intensive , adding that the return on investment is much more faster. Nigeria through the commission hopes to generate 1,000MW in 2017 and increase it to 4,000MW in 2027. Please I need your Comment.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant Begings 2011 In Nigeria [news] by DisGuy: 1:46am On Jul 28, 2007
I think this should be a west african venture or something- they should get ghana, cameroun and some other country with money to contribute money to build a nuclear power plant -situate it in hmm Niger or Chad then share the MW according to the money they put in grin
Re: Nuclear Power Plant Begings 2011 In Nigeria [news] by olanajim(m): 5:03am On Jul 28, 2007
Good suggestion! I guess, Chad, Niger would be too anxious host such plant at no cost to their purse. At least they would become popular like Iran. The only trouble are terrorists. You know those guys and their antics.

By the way, Nigerian leader won't find this idea strange at all. They have done it before. Twice to say. Check out our NIGCOMSAT-3 and you'll appreciate how Naija fantasy can transform to reality. Conceived in Naija, made and created in China, lanuched in china. Operated from china, until recently. I heard it was even funded by China. So Nuke idea could be a reality after all. Let do it!
Re: Nuclear Power Plant Begings 2011 In Nigeria [news] by cammax7(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2007
We cant have a nuclear power plant in nigeria and here is why, we dont have the money and we have no idea what we are going to do with the waste. Nuke plants are very expensive even the US have considered it but are unwilling to in into it because of there two reasons i just have. Its just another noise they are making and another means to chop money. 2009 we would hear the project has been abandoned but then money would have found its way into peoples pocket
Re: Nuclear Power Plant Begings 2011 In Nigeria [news] by simplyme3(f): 9:33am On Jul 28, 2007
well thought of, we pray it succeeds like other ventures, and to those who doubts, may they never see it come to reality.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant Begings 2011 In Nigeria [news] by Mwaka(f): 9:40am On Jul 28, 2007
God helps those who help themselfs,if some one has a doubt on something it will wont work out.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant Begings 2011 In Nigeria [news] by olanajim(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2007
It is not as if we can not do it. We have people that can do it and of course the money. But this Nigerian mentality of doing things from abroad must be stopped. We must show the world we are capable. Another problem is misplaced priority. Why build nuke plant when we can hardly maintain hydro plant? No wonder the date was shifted forward. We hope by then, we would have learn to do simple maintainance of the existing facilities. Or at least our foregn professionals would have started returning home to help fix the sick country. The future is bright for the giant of Africa.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant Begings 2011 In Nigeria [news] by BlackMamba(m): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2007
cammax7:
we have no idea what we are going to do with the waste. Nuke plants are very expensive even the US have considered it but are unwilling to in into it because of there two reasons i just have.

There are over 50 Nuclear Power plants in the U.S. Indian Point in NY to name but one.
Re: Nuclear Power Plant Begings 2011 In Nigeria [news] by cammax7(m): 11:59am On Jul 30, 2007
my bad. black mamba you are right, i must have gotten my earlier information wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Port-harcourt City Is One Big Market Place. / I Told Her To Sworn With The Bible, She Did But When It Comes To My Turn: / My Coaster Blues: Fat Bottoms!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.