Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:18 AM

Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos (51212 Views)

NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles / Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware / Poisonous Boko Haram's Beans Scare In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by anointedf(m): 8:40am On Jun 14, 2011
Lagosians, on Monday, woke up to the scare of a blackberry message warning them on the purchase or consumption of a deadly bottle water known as Dew, allegedly brought into the country from Tanzania

The water, the author of the message sent into the blackberry of some Lagosians, said had killed 180 Tanzanians because it contained dangerous chemicals capable of destroying human bodies.

The message reads, “I cannot verify this story but this is an alert. Just got this from a friend that works with the Customs and Excise in Nigeria.There is a bottle water killing people, The name is DEW. Please do not buy/drink. It is contaminated with dangerous chemicals that destroy one’s body system. 180 died in Tanzania. It is in the Nigerian market, pass it on
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by vabrida: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2011
mE aNd My 'bOiLeD' wAtEr grin grin grin 100% InFeCtIoN fReE grin
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by Nasri100(m): 11:48am On Jun 15, 2011
Mountain dew
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by ufumes(m): 11:54am On Jun 15, 2011
This may be a form of blackmail to tanish a competing brand name. But if the information turns out to be false, then it would have given the "Dew" Bottled water a wonderful publicity
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by member479760: 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2011
so, we dey import water fom Tanzania?

2 Likes

Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by proffmanue(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2011
hw credible is ur info
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by rasputinn(m): 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2011
Nasri100:

Mountain dew

No,desert dew
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by Wislet(f): 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2011
Why should Nigeria import water? Has our natural reserve been exhausted??

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by arogbowei: 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2011
Cheap publicity.
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by mrofficial(m): 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2011
ufumes:

[b]This may be a form of blackmail to tanish a competing brand name. [/b]But if the information turns out to be false, then it would have given the "Dew" Bottled water a wonderful publicity

Compete who? I never even see am before. shio!
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by FlyboyZee: 2:02pm On Jun 15, 2011
I know say Naija de import toothpick from China.
anointed_f:

allegedly brought into the country from Tanzania
But, to import water of all things from TZ, dat na lie. Make dem carry their fake stories go tell their families.

Haba! Rumour Mongers, Make una take am easy o!
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by drgica74: 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2011
This is a complete lie and a malicious damage to another person's business. Anything like that will not be reported by an Individual but my NAFDAC. Why are people so wicked, you want to pull somebody down because you want to win in a competition. I advise you package your own water well and reduce the price, it will sell, forget this attitude, it won't lead you to anywhere.

Ok, let my ask you, what was the particular chemical or contaminant in the water that killed those people in Tanzania?

2 Likes

Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by agitator: 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2011
nakedall:

so, we dey import water fom Tanzania?

we import sand, pepper, vegetable oil, so why not water.

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by Gbenge77(m): 4:04pm On Jun 15, 2011
Unbelievable things happen in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by MMM2(m): 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2011
9ja
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by mamagee3(f): 12:20am On Jun 16, 2011
That would have scared me too. . .

Contaminated water can really cause dangerous diseases like Cholera and cough.

I don't really blame lagosians. . .
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 07, 2011
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by anz0002: 7:53am On Apr 30, 2012
There can be several reasons for the contamination of the water. One of the main reasons for it are the leaking pipes. Therefore it is important that to take of the leaking pipes. The other thing is in order to protect ourselves from the diseases caused by the contamination of the water it is better to boil the water and then use it. One can even use the purifiers for it.
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by extraflyfineboy(m): 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
ufumes: This may be a form of blackmail to tanish a competing brand name. But if the information turns out to be false, then it would have given the "Dew" Bottled water a wonderful publicity

REASONING MINDS that's what u re. Kuddo's

www.umehoma.com
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by NEROSKY(m): 11:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
Just got this broadcast on my android

Please, don't buy or drink any bottled water called "DEW". Customs says it was
shipped into Nigeria from Tanzania where it has killed 180 people. It is
said to contain a poisonous chemical. Please pass this on and save millions. If u don't believe check google for "DEW bottled water

Am saving life
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by Oppy16(f): 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2013
NEROSKY: Just got this broadcast on my android

Please, don't buy or drink any bottled water called "DEW". Customs says it was
shipped into Nigeria from Tanzania where it has killed 180 people. It is
said to contain a poisonous chemical. Please pass this on and save millions. If u don't believe check google for "DEW bottled water

Am saving life
twas shipped into Nigeria in 2011,yet we're still getting d broadcast on whatsapp in 2013...nawa o...smh to d rumor mongers
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by Sammyblaq(m): 8:38am On Jan 10, 2014
Taaaaa!
Dis is just a propangada to tarnish a competing brand. Will u believe we import common water 4rm TZ while we have natural reserves, falls around d geo zones.
News suspicious....try trace down d main link
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by jahlove4jah: 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2014
And i am receiving mine today
Re: Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos by Vikan: 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
I just browsed it in google and vanguard said it is a rumour and reminded the public that the importation of water is still in the import ban list of nigerian. So please stop spreading this rumour. God bles us and God bless our dear country Nigeria!!!

(1) (Reply)

The CHEAP breakfast I prepared this morning / The Rat I And My Younger Brother Killed And Ate Today (photos) / Why You Should Always Choose Bananas With Dark Spots Than The Fresh One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.