Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios (1910 Views)

Ndigbo Hail Buhari Over Ministerial Portfolios, Seek Unity / Ministerial List : See Speculated Portfolios Of Ministers / Ministerial List: See List Of Speculated Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by funloving(m): 8:27am On Jul 28, 2007
When will a Southerner become FCT Minister (not minister of state) ?
How is it that since the inception of Abuja as Federal Capital Territory we have never had a Southern Nigerian as its minister (correct me if I am wrong)

Why is Agriculture and Water Resources always going to Northerners ? ((There is alot of money in that ministry in case you are not aware)
Are they the best farmers in Nigeria or are they the only ones with Water Supply problems ?

By the way, it looks to me as if most of the top ministeries are in the hands of the Northerners.(Check the portfolios in bold)
Is this Yar' Adua government biased favourably towards the North ?

Know your new ministers
Ministry/Portfolio Name
1. Attorney-General/Minister of Justice Mr. Michael Aondoakaa (SAN)
2. Agriculture/Water Resources Abba Sayyadi Ruma
3. Agriculture/Water Resources Adamu Maina Waziri (State 1)

4. Commerce/Industry Chief Charles Ugwu
5. Commerce/Industry (State) Ahmed Garba Bichi
6. Culture/Tourism Adetokunbo Kayode
7. Culture/Tourism (State) Aliyu Idi Hong
8. Defence Yayale Ahmed
9. Defence (State) Mrs Fidelia Njeze
10. Education Igwe Aja-Nwachukwu
11. Education (State 1) Agada Anthony Jerry
12. Education (State 2) Mrs Aishatu Jibril Dukku
13. Energy (State) Power Mrs Fatima Ibrahim
14. Energy (State) Petroleum Henry Odein Ajumogobia
15. Energy (State) Gas Odusina Emmanuel
16. Environment/Housing Mrs Halima Alao
17. FCT Dr Aliyu Modibbo Umar
18. FCT (State) John Akpanudoedehe
19. Finance Dr. Shamsuddeen Usman
20. Finance (State) Aderemi Babalola
21. Foreign Affairs Ojo Maduekwe
22. Foreign Affairs (State 1) Tijjani yahaya Kaura
23. Foreign Affairs (State 2) Amb. Bagudu Hirse
24. Health Prof. Adenike Grange
25. Health (State) Gabriel Aduku
26. Information/Communication John Odey
27. Information/Communication (State) Ibrahim Nakande
28. Interior Maj.-Gen. Godwin Abbe (Rtd)
29. Interior (State) Hassan Alhaji Haruna
30. Labour Dr Hassan Lawal
31. Mines/Steel Development Chief Sarafa Tunji Isola
32. Mines/Steel Development (State) Ahmed Moh’d Gusau
33. Transportation Mrs Diezani Alison-Madueke
34. Transportation (State) John Okechukwu Emeka
35. Science/Technology Mrs. Grace Ekpiwhre
36. Youth Development Sen. Akinlabi Olasunkanmi
37. Women Affairs Saudatu Usman Bungudu
38. Minister/Deputy Chairman National Planning Com mission Sen. Sanusi Daggash
39. Minister/Chairman, National Sports Commission Abdulrahman Gimba.
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by denex: 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2007
If you want to list Ministers, nobody said you should not list ministers. But you tell me how many Hausas have been governor of Lagos or Calabar while they were the Capital city of Nigeria. Forgive me if I'm wrong too but I don't know any.
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by oberon(m): 2:20pm On Jul 28, 2007
Why are u complaining after all isn't he" the man we can trust "and didnt Obasanjo tell us that he is a muslim but not a fanatical muslim?guess he was wrong huh?
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by denex: 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2007
I wonder why some people will rather discuss about the soil profile than how this country will get better.
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by McKren(m): 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2007
denex:

If you want to list Ministers, nobody said you should not list ministers. But you tell me how many Hausas have been governor of Lagos or Calabar while they were the Capital city of Nigeria. Forgive me if I'm wrong too but I don't know any.

Just saying this for the records not that I subscribe to the argument under which this thread was formed.

It looks like President Yaradua's dad was Minister of Lagos.
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by doyin13(m): 11:50pm On Jul 28, 2007
I don't know why you guys are pussy footing.

They simply are too many bloody Northerners/Hausas in the stinking cabinet.

Imagine a Muslim woman getting the post for woman's affairs.

What kind of stupid joke is that.

They have barely been able to stand for their rights on their own patch.
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by otokx(m): 3:51am On Jul 29, 2007
What do you expect? Its their time, let them enjoy it to the fullest. Did they stop OBJ from installing his people? We are the architect of our own doom. YAR ADUA do your thing.
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by denex: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2007
@doyin13

the ministers were selected evenly from the 36 states. Maybe your complain should be that there are too many Northern states in Nigeria.

But remember, if we split the Southern states any further, they will become like specks on the map.

So all in all, it was evenly distributed.
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by gbeborun(m): 9:12am On Jul 29, 2007
this is good reminder of the military days, now strategic portfolio are returning to the north, it's a pity though. Me think the re-Northernization of Nigeria has begun.
denex:

Pls get ur facts right b4 posting anything, what was the status of Lagos then?
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by denex: 10:58am On Jul 29, 2007
@doyin

you're showing some attitude regarding the The muslim woman.

Don't you think it would be strategic if you give an education scholarship to someone from a region with low literacy level.

Remember that you're not trying to rate the already saved.
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by doyin13(m): 11:09am On Jul 29, 2007
@Denex

But why bloody give education to someone who is going to waste it in the first place

The Northerners have taken Islam back to the pre moorish era.

Education will only be beneficial to those who want to release their mind.

I insist it is still a bloody joke

and concerning the states. Bloody hell are you going to distribute resources based on who has got more sand, or which area sustains more people.

There is a reason why in the United Kingdom, London has moreelectoral constituencies than anywhere else.

Cause it bloody has more ppl
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by Xris74: 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2007
You are a fool, Doyin. What does the result of the last census conducted under your bloody ugly brother Obj says? If there is sand in the north, then there is flood and erosion in the south. The south simply lost it through the devil OBJ, and am afraid its forever.
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by denex: 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2007
I really don't know what else to say, so here's a try "Haffy Ministers, Haffy Feefle".
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by doyin13(m): 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2007
@xRIS

We might have solved the erosion/flood problem in the south if those innovative amongst us were not forced to give our skills to foreign lands.

With such a Cabinet, the chances of that changing anytime soon. NIL
Re: Northern Nigeria And Ministerial Portfolios by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2007
Good list of New Northern looters.
naija don YAGAYAGA.
me think sey, dey don finish.
i know know sey dem remain.
wahala no go finish 4 this land.
we dey go back 4rm square 1 to zero.

(1) (Reply)

Arewa Consultative Forum: Do Not Touch The Military 1999 Constitution! / Bleaching Governor / Senator Joy Emodi To Replace Akunyili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.