Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Why Dr. Godswill Akpabio Want Me Dead - Acn Deputy Guber Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Dr. Godswill Akpabio Want Me Dead - Acn Deputy Guber Candidate (951 Views)

Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. / EFCC Arrests Godswill Akpabio / Photos Of Godswill Akpabio In A London Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Dr. Godswill Akpabio Want Me Dead - Acn Deputy Guber Candidate by mrsqueen: 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
[b]AN OPEN LETTER TO THE PEOPLE OF AKWA IBOM STATE[/b]

[b]WHY DOES DR. GODSWILL AKPABIO WANT ME DEAD?[/b]

On the day of the 2011 Governorship election, my attention was drawn to a publication entitled, “Withdrawal from Akwa Ibom State Gubernatorial Race As Deputy Governorship Candidate of Action Congress of Nigeria (A.C.N).” The publication dated April 22, 2011 with a false signature against my name was purported to have emanated from my desk and addressed to my Annang brothers and sisters. I have published the fake document on the left for the readers’ reference.

This came as a shock to me because there was never a time I contemplated abandoning the mass movement of the Akwa Ibom people determined to bring the much-desired change in our dear state. I never authored the publication. I never signed it. It was part of the antics of Dr. Godswill Akpabio’s campaign organization to rig the election.

The pamphlet was cooked up and distributed by Dr. Godswill Akpabio and the PDP who were jittery of the formidable Action Congress of Nigeria’s synergy in the state that was inexorably poised to reverse the evil and deceptive government of Godswill Akpabio. Aniekan Umanah, the State Hon. Commissioner for Information and his agents were seen distributing the pamphlets in the morning of the election day in all the polling units in Annang land made up of eight Local Government Areas. This was one of the tricks employed by a desperate Akpabio to rig the election. Despite the restriction of movement on that day, it was Ubong Emmanuel Umanah, younger brother to the same Aniekan Umanah that led about 14 vehicles loaded with thugs to my village, Ikot Obioko with the aim of mowing down all opposition.

Our saving grace was the presence of soldiers from the Army’s 6th Battalion, Ibagwa and policemen of Mopol 26 and 57 and the SSS officer in-charge of Abak Local Government Area who were present! The SSS officer addressed the thugs and told them to leave the village. The aim of the war brought to my village was to kill me and blame it on political thuggery.

That attempt failed. But the evil ones are unrelenting. Recently, the rumour making the rounds is that some people jumped into my compound in the village and killed me. I have received numerous calls from people asking if I was dead! I now know that Akpabio is testing the grounds for my elimination. Whenever I travel to Akwa Ibom State for the ‘terrorism’ charge Akpabio hanged on me, I notice unusual cars trailing me. The current rumour of my death has prompted this publication to alert the world about what might be the latest ploy of the evil ones.

This is not the first time that Akpabio’s Government has planned to eliminate me.

The evil orchestration to silence me is more sinister than the charge of ‘terrorism’ which Akpabio hanged on me before the election, and ‘treason’ which he hanged on Senator Akpan Udoedehe. Long before the election, he plotted to kill me and blame it on kidnappers. A concerned Akwa Ibomite tipped me off on a plot to kill anybody capable of challenging Akpabio in the April elections. I was top on the list.

When I got the gory details of the plot to use cultists to eliminate me, I sent an SMS to one of the masterminds, Umana Okon Umana, Akpabio’s Secretary to the State Government (SSG) to find out why they wanted to kill me. I received no answer. He later sent an SMS apologizing. The next day, Ini Udonwa who declared interest to contest as Governor was shot and his 62 year old mother kidnapped, violated, killed and her corpse was left on the streets of Uyo. Seeing that I had the details of the evil plot, Akpabio visited my residence in Lagos in the company of his brother, Nsentip Akpabio and Chief Dr. Chris Ekpenyong, the former Deputy governor of Akwa Ibom State. Akpabio knelt down and begged me not to allow the world hear about the plot. I forgave him. I told him to get up that he should not kneel down for me, but only to God. I advised him to use the position of his being the governor, to be friendly and good to people not to use it to kill or maim people and bring misery to them.

The second time was during my detention for “terrorism” at the SSS State Command in Uyo. Akpabio visited the facility in the early hours of Wednesday November 3, 2010 at around 2.15am. He came with the state Director of the SSS, Mr. Toma Minti. Thereafter, Akpabio and Minti entered my room and Minti had a conversation with me. Purporting to mock me, Akpabio sang a song in Efik: “owo inamke nkpo ikan oro eyen Abasi sosongo o!” (Man can’t do more than what He has done! Jesus thank you o!) There and then Akpabio supervised the torture of three innocent boys to get them to implicate me on kidnapping all to no avail. One of the issues Minti raised was that we could ‘talk’ so there wouldn’t be any need to go to court. My response was that I was already arraigned the previous day in a Magistrate Court, so there was no need to ‘talk’ but I insisted on clearing my name in Court. Akpabio left at around 2.57am. It is pertinent for me to let the world know that the SSS officers and men treated me well while I was with them. My special thanks go to their medical unit.

When Akpabio and Minti left my room, I began to feel dizzy and my blood pressure rose to an unprecedented high. The SSS Command’s medical unit can attest to this. I have been very ill since then. I suspect that some noxious gas was sprayed in the room by Akpabio. Should I die from this, I want the world to hold Akpabio responsible. Also, should I be suddenly kidnapped or assassinated, the world should know that Akpabio, Umana Okon Umana and the State Police Commissioner, Felix Uyanna should be held responsible. (Mr. Uyanna refused to give me police protection even as the deputy governorship candidate during the election and when I asked, he told me that he was rather looking for how to get me arrested). It is worthy to note here that Mr. Uyanna was the only Commissioner of Police that was not moved from his duty post during the last election. If any of my family members suddenly comes to harm, let the world know that Akpabio and his goons are responsible. How can one explain a situation where gunmen now invade churches in Akwa Ibom State during service and kill people? It’s happening under the government of Akpabio.

The content of the alleged withdrawal publication could not have emanated from me for the following reasons:

1. I remained the Deputy Governorship candidate of the ACN till the election. Had I withdrawn, the ACN would have put in a substitute. Thus, the question should be, if not for the electoral robbery that took place in Akwa Ibom State on the 26th of April 2011 and Senator Akpan Udoedehe had become governor, who would have been his deputy? Was there another running mate for the ACN? There was none.

2. There was no way, I, Ime Umanah, would have stated as alleged at paragraph 3 that I joined the ACN and accepted to be running mate out of anger and frustration! What manner of anger and frustration? I accepted being the running mate to Senator Udoedehe as a salute for his love for our state and exemplary commitment to rescuing our state from evil and oppression. On my part it was a sacrifice for the liberation of Akwa Ibom and show of loyalty to my people. Given the disturbing trends in our state, it was not an abnormal sacrifice for any person having the interest of Akwa Ibom State and its people at heart.

3. Paragraph 7 is the most repulsive. Even if I were dying, there was no way I would have faced my people to say I was supporting Akpabio as governor in view of “his landmark achievements in terms of infrastructural and human capital development.” How could I? Let Chief Dr. Akpabio tell Akwa Ibom people how much has accrued to the state coffers as federal allocation and internally generated funds for the past four (4) years as he continues to boast about the roads, flyover bridge and cinema halls when unemployment, poverty and hunger continue to decapitate the people! The facts speak for themselves. For instance his “free education policy” is a sham! As you read this, Primary School teachers in the state were paid their March and April salaries only on the 3rd of June and their May salaries are still outstanding.

4. Akpabio claims to have built 204 state roads and 26 federal roads. Can he name these roads for the Akwa Ibom people and the Kilometers of each of the roads? Can he confirm or deny that he is building one kilometer of road for N1 billion? In June of 2010, he came to Abak and claimed that the youths of Abak 5 were going to receive him and that was the first time I heard anything about Abak 5. On that day, he came to commission the Park Lane Road which is about 400 meters and the Nursery School Road which he claimed was about 900 meters. But Abak people know that these two short roads were built and completed by Ben Okoko’s Construction Company. The two roads were awarded and paid for by Obong Victor Attah’s administration. To me, Akpabio has brought deceit and lies into governance. Since he became governor, his utterances and actions have earned him unenviable titles of “busy body” and “inim Akwa Ibom”(Akwa Ibom parrot). And that has brought the office of the governor of Akwa Ibom State to ridicule and disrespect.

How can I, Ime Umanah now say I was supporting him for a second term? Never!

The 2011 Gubernatorial election in the state was a war by Akpabio against 99.9% of Akwa Ibom people. We had a mass movement that the whole world saw and foreclosed the return of Akpabio. Those that robbed the people of their birth right in broad daylight should not rejoice because the matter is not closed. As a peace-loving and patriotic people, we cannot take the laws into our hands. That is why we have submitted our grievance to the Election Petition Tribunal. I won’t say any more on the election. We will allow the Tribunal to do its work.

That a nest of killers and kidnappers exist in Akwa Ibom State to intimidate political opposition and sexually humiliate their female relations is no longer a secret. During the days of President Umaru Yar’Adua, Akpabio told us that the then Akwa Ibom State Director of SSS, Mr. Mike Ejiofor had the effrontery to tell him (Akpabio) that he (Akpabio) was the leader of the kidnapping gang terrorizing the state and also had a killer squad. A furious Akpabio boasted that he stormed Yar’Adua’s office and demanded Ejiofor’s removal. He boasted that Yar’Adua summoned the then SSS Director-General, who came with another SSS official and President Yar’Adua of blessed memory ordered the SSS DG to relieve Ejiofor of his post in Akwa Ibom State.

Akpabio said he had demanded that no Igbo man should be sent to his state on security functions. So Mr. Toma Minti from Benue State was sent. Ejiofor’s recall and posting to Abia State from where I believe he retired confirms that the SSS must have realized where the truth lies about his (Ejiofor’s) security scoop. There is no need to look for “terrorists” in Akwa Ibom State including those that burned President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign office and government cars to get the President’s sympathy before the election. Not when the burned cars and the campaign office were under a tight security watch by the police and other security agencies! Security agencies should have enough facts in their dossiers on where the terror in Akwa Ibom State is coming from. Who mastermind kidnappings, assassinations and violation in Akwa Ibom State? Security agencies know! I will leave it there.

The evil rumble in Akwa Ibom State is prophetically foretold in the Bible where it states that, “there are three things that make the earth tremble – no, four it cannot endure: a slave who becomes a king, an overbearing fool who prospers, a bitter woman who finally gets a husband, a servant girl who supplants her mistress,” Proverbs 30 vs 21 – 23 (New Living Translation). Chief Dr. Akpabio should find out where he fits in. This is the whole truth about the reign of terror in Akwa Ibom State .

It is more painful that when some of us were fighting for the creation of Akwa Ibom State, most of the people now destroying the state busied themselves with ‘419’ in Lagos bearing different scam aliases like “Group Managing Director of NNPC”, “Barrister Odd” and “Central Bank Governor” among others.

My good people of Akwa Ibom State, prior to and after the electoral robbery, we had asked you to remain peaceful. Please maintain that peace. With God as our Armour, the change team of Senator Udoedehe and I, will fight to vindicate you. I assure you that we won’t let you down. The Bible says that “when the godly are in authority, the people rejoice. But when the wicked are in power, they groan,” Proverbs 29 vs. 2 (New Living Translation). Please persevere for God will arise on the side of His people. “Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning,” Psalm 30 vs. 5 (King James Version). There will still be morning on the horizons of Akwa Ibom State . The truth will prevail and darkness defeated, to God’s Glory.

Long live Akwa Ibom State !
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!
God bless Nigeria !!!

Dr. Ime Umanah
(Ufan Ndito Ubuene)
ACN Deputy Governorship Candidate
Akwa Ibom State
13th June, 2011
Re: Why Dr. Godswill Akpabio Want Me Dead - Acn Deputy Guber Candidate by mrsqueen: 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2011
Gov. Akpabio is afraid of loosing to the opposition ACN in Akwa Ibom State. He only rigged himself to power, and there is every indication that the tribunal courts will upturn the victory in favour of ACN.

Re: Why Dr. Godswill Akpabio Want Me Dead - Acn Deputy Guber Candidate by wizkidayodeji: 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
Some love to the artist that made the nice portrait drawing of Governor Godswill Akpabio and wife done by Ayeola Ayodeji: Nigerian Artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMZaGOUMcYs
Very lovely.

(1) (Reply)

Justice Has Finally Caught Up With Justice Salami! / Nigerians Almost Executed By Libyan Rebels / Indecent Exposure,is There A Law That Punishes Offenders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.